OU Defensive OU Team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crystal- Victreebell is a pretty good pokemon in it's own right though. I've had a fair bit of success with it, it's just so stressful to play because you switch it in so often, but if it switches into paralysis or the wrong move you've basically wasted a team slot.

Magic- They're not really counters though, because you need a lot of luck for them to 'counter' dragonite. Counters are pokemon that have a very good chance of beating another pokemon or at least nullifying it's threat.

Magic- They're not really counters though, because you need a lot of luck for them to 'counter' dragonite. Counters are pokemon that have a very good chance of beating another pokemon or at least nullifying it's threat.
Cloyster forces Wrap or death, and it'll take ~6-7 Wrap cycles before Cloyster's in Hyper Beam range. The odds are in Cloyster's favour unless it switches into Thunderbolt.

But that's assuming you've kept your cloyster healthy until end-game (when a good player will whip out dragonite) and that's unlikely because cloyster has a a lot of mid-game duties, including possibly exploding.

You can say 'just hide him until late-game' but that's really a waste of his ability, and if I was going to hide a pokemon I'd rather just use a more dedicated dragonite counter like rhydon or gengar.

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
If you stop dreaming that this team will win without luck, there is always the classic zam, mie, chansey, lax, tauros, eggy.

Sing chansey is nice on defensive teams counter and thunderwave are nice too. Reflect is balls. But as always with chansey you will need to mix up your movesets.

It's weak to Zapdos and Jolteon, but you can beat them. Every team is weak to something. Golem is an option (Explosion is probably worth it on a defensive team). Gengar can help too, or Jynx/Lapras. I often use teams I consider defensive teams. Pretty much any team where I actually plan to use Chansey as my main response to special attackers I would call defensive. I guess it's more about perspective than anything else..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)