XY OU Dekappatated

[URL='http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-qzOVGuCi4zk/AAAAAAAAAAI/AAAAAAAAABA/CTHk3zTOrCs/photo.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v%3D8tcQ6eLE88c&h=512&w=510&tbnid=EjAazk-Dnk_YMM:&zoom=1&docid=x_yC5Lj9Xb6hWM&ei=mSrRU5HHBMzwoASgroHQAQ&tbm=isch&client=safari&ved=0CEsQMyhDMEM4yAE'][/URL]

Teambuilding Process
So when I was building this team, I wanted to utilize bone crushing offense with cleanup mons like Mega Scizor. Nothing on this team lacks any sort of offensive presence. So heres to choosing what I chose:

Mega Scizor was chosen because of its ability to wall so much and take advantage of that by being able to set up really nicely. It has better bulk than skarmory. let that sink in for a moment. Now with that kind of bulk, it also has some scary offensive presence. 150 attack+technician makes it a true force. Not to mention, its typing leaves it with only one weakness, so it can set up on so much of the OU tier. I will admit however, even with 150 attack and technician, it is kind of weak. So, to rectify that, and take advantage of its status as a great clean up mon, I chose to utilize some of the most fearsome wall breakers in OU.

Banded Terrakion is probably one of the hardest things to switch in to. It kills what Scizor loathes, such as Mandibuzz, Zapdos, Heatran, Quagsire, and has decent type synergy with Scizor. It can switch into Fire, and Scizor can switch into Steel and (most) Ground type moves in OU. It has perfect coverage on the OU tier with 3 moves. Let that sink in. Close Combat and Stone Edge alone are only resisted by one Pokemon in the OU tier. Now, while this guy is a monster all by itself, I decided to have a wall breaking buddy with it, as to completely demolish all of Scizors counters.

Kyurem-Black is one STRONK guy. It has great mixed attacking stats, great overall coverage, and great wall breaking prowess. Since Mega Scizor hates any form of wall not weak to its moves, I have Kyurem-Black and Terrakion take care of that. The bone crushing offensive pressure formed from Kyurem-Black, Terrakion, and Mega Scizor will make any team crumble. The power is too great. The sheer power of this core alone dismantles stall. Now that I have my wallbreakng core complete, I just needed the bare necessities: Hazards and Hazard Removal.

I decided to use Heatran because it checks a lot of threats. It has great coverage in 3 moves, further allowing my team to crumble the opposing team. The crumbling is sped up, however, by the SR this guy sets. This guy also has unique defensive presence: It can check most threats by virtue of typing and the Air Balloon alone. This unique kind of pressure is the exact reason this guy is on my team.

So this guy is my anti-hazard support and also provides some serious pressure. He has the ability to clear my field of hazards, which is always nice, especially because my team has Kyurem-Black. It is also really hard to switch into for offense: Its power and coverage is too great. He also functions as my Azumarill check, which is in my opinion a must for every team. He just in general functions as a water check.

Landorus-Therian is a great momentum pick-up and scarfer. The combination of Intimidate+Speed+Power and great typing allow it to function as a pivot and revenge killer. One could call it the glue: everything else on this team barring Heatran and Mega Scizor have trouble switching in. This Pokemon solves the problem with the combination of Intimidate+U-Turn. He is one of the main reasons this team is functional.

Now that I have explained my team building process, lets get onto the actual sets.

BULLSHIT (Terrakion) @ Choice Band
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Quick Attack
Ah, Terrakion. Coverage and power make this guy literally impossible to switch into unless you are a Landorus-Therian or lolGolurk. Anyways, Close Combat and Stone Edge are Terrakion staples. Earthquake is here because Aegislash is a piece of cancer that should just gtfo the OU tier. Anyways, the last slot is a bit of a toss-up: Iron Head allows it to beat all fairies, Quick Attack allows it to snipe shit, and Facade allows to to do work when burned. I prefer Quick Attack because it is priority. Let me emphasize that this guy is super hard to switch into.

KYUREMS WILD RIDE (Kyurem-Black) @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 56 Atk / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Mild Nature
- Outrage->Roost
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
I chose a specially based mix set because of its power and coverage. The offensive pressure between this guy and Terrakion is almost unreal. Anyways, I chose Roost because it allows me to do better vs Stall(ty aim) and avoid getting worn down so much. Then, Fusion Bolt+Ice Beam are its staple coverage, and is resisted by so little. Earth Power because Heatran is a bitch and I want him gone. Anyways, the EV spread gets the jump on Adamant Excadrill which is quite an important target.

SNIP (Scizor) @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal-> Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 116 Def / 108 SpD / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
This guy takes advantage of the wreckage Terrakion and Kyurem-Black leave behind. Now, the EV spread is tailored to live benchmark hits. It avoids the 2HKO from Aegislash Shadow Ball with the SDef, and avoids the 2HKO from max attack Landorus-Therian Earthquake. The rest is dumped into attack because we want it to not hit like a pansy. Roost allows it to set up prolifically, and Bullet Punch+Knock Off allows it to hit Aegislash and clean up most offensive teams. Speed allows it to speedcreep uninvested Heatran.(ty TheEnder)

PAIN PLANE (Latios) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt->Roost(ty Unbirthday)
- Defog
Here is my Hazard Removal and BD Azumarill check, Latios. It hits really hard with the Draco Meteor, and Psychic>Psyshock because it doesn't break Chansey either way. Roost because it lets me check Keldeo better(thank you Unbirthday) and because Azumarill can't really set up on this team. This guy is really hard to switch into for Offense. And even if Bisharp gets a Defiant boost, I have a check for it which if it Sucker Punches, it gets a Justified boost and gains ultimate power.

TRANSVESTITE (Heatran) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 32 HP / 252 SpA / 220 Spe
Timid->Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Will-O-Wisp
Here is Air Balloon Heatran. It is the Stealth Rock setter of choice on this team, because of its unique ability to apply offensive and defensive pressure at the same time. It has phenomenal coverage with Fire and Ground and with Will-O-Wisp(ty TheEnder), which allows it to check Mega Mawile and with its typing, it can hit Zard X up with an Earth Power. This guy is underrated af with Air Balloon, it really is a great Pokemon. On a side note, we must protect Tran's gender rights

BIG DOGE (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Knock Off->Superpower(ty Unbirthday)
Now here is the glue for my team, Landorus-Therian. It has great coverage, Intimidate, and U-Turn to enable switches into my powerhouse Pokemon. The reason I don't run Stone Edge on Heatran is because this guy checks them well enough. It also functions as a secondary check to Mega Charizard X and Mega Tyranitar. Superpower allows my team to check Gyarados better, which previously was weak to it.
Threats:

Mega Gyarados- I have to use my Landorus to check it, which can't really switch in safely.

teh imports 4 u thief fgts
BULLSHIT (Terrakion) @ Choice Band
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Quick Attack

Mild Nature
- Roost
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

SNIP (Scizor) @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off

PAIN PLANE (Latios) (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Roost
- Defog

TRANSVESTITE (Heatran) @ Air Balloon
EVs: 32 HP / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Will-O-Wisp

BIG DOGE (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Superpower
ᶦ ˢʷᵉᵃʳ ᵗᵒ ᵍᵒᵈ ᶦᶠ ᵃᶰʸ ᵒᶠ ʸᵒᵘ ᵐᵒᵗʰᵉʳʳᶠᵘᶜᵏᵉʳˢ ᶜᵒᵖʸ ᵃᶰᵈ ᵖᵃˢᵗᵉ ᵗʰᶦˢ ʸᵒᵘ ʷᶦᶫᶫ ᵇᵉ ᶦᶰ ˢᵉʳᶦᵒᵘˢ ᵗʳᵒᵘᵇᶫᵉ​

Last edited:

Unbirthday

TOP QUALITY POSTS
Hey, this team is pretty solid so there's really not a lot to say. As you said, you are rather weak to Mega Gyarados, so I would use Superpower over Knock Off on Landorus-T. While you have nothing that outright forces it to Mega Evolve (like Rotom-W), it will usually do so for the added bulk which allows you to OHKO it with only a little bit of prior damage. Knock Off is also not very useful as U-turning out to Scizor/Kyurem/Heatran/Latios depending on the set is usually as good, if not better, than getting locked into Knock Off against it. Furthermore, I would consider using Roost over Thunderbolt on Latios as you have Scizor/Kyurem-B to handle Assault Vest Azumarill while Belly Drum doesn't really get to set up against anything, not to mention that both Psychic and Thunderbolt 2HKO Azumarill without Assault Vest while neither OHKOs. Gyarados will also Mega Evolve more often than not in fear of Thunderbolt, meaning that Draco Meteor does more damage to it anyway. Roost allows you to check Keldeo more reliably as well as healing up after switching into Mega Venusaur and such as they usually won't risk staying in on you.

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Roost
- Defog

Landorus-T (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Def / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Superpower

Last edited:
This is a decent team and is quite good. I do have a few minor nitpicks though.

First, Fire Blast on Heatran is okay but I prefer to run Lava Plume for the burn chance (like Scald) and the 100% accuracy.

Also, Psyshock on Latios over Psychic so that special walls can be checked when they try to switch in to Latios.

Lastly, although Outrage on Kyurem-B is an obvious pick, but Dragon Claw ensures that you will not give Mega-Mawile, Belly Drum Azumarill and Calm Mind Gadevoir to switch in on the Outrage and set up/OHKO you.

Other than that, quite a solid team.

Hope it helps!
-PK

i dont really like choiced terrak when aegis is still in the metagame, is there a reason you dont use life orb? finishing stuff off with quick attack is handy as well.

You should speed creep a little bit with scizor. also if aegis gets banned you could try superpower>knockoff on scizor. This would help a lot with bisharp and mega gyarados, and help you win mega-scizor mirror matches as well as free up the slot for knock off on lando-t...if you run it you need to outrun tran with some speed evs though but luring it in is pretty nice, and you might even be able to use hp fire or roost on kyu-b then.

I'd try modest nature over timid and taunt>hp ice on tran. clefable looks like a big problem if it gets off a cm for free since heatran will lose in the long run if it doesnt have leftovers, taunt, roar or fcannon, and the rest of your team handles dragons well enough as it is.

looks pretty solid otherwise

aim

pokeaimMD
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Hey Smog Frog cool team! It's actually very solid so I really won't suggest much change. Heck, Unbirthday basically hit everything on the money. I do completely support her addition of Roost on Latios as well as Superpower on Landorus-T as it not only helps with Mega Gyarados but also knocks out Mega Tyranitar from full which is something that Earthquake cannot do. I do have one other suggestion that I think might work for the team. How about trying Roost on Kyurem-B over Outrage. This helps you a ton vs stall as you are easily worn down due to Stealth Rock switch ins as well as Mega Venusaurs attacks and vs Thundurus with no Focus Blast. While I do understand the reasoning for Outrage, I feel with Mega Scizor as well as Landorus-t and Choice Band Terrakion, that it isn't as needed. This is just preference though.

Mild Nature
- Roost
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

Anyway, that's really all I have. This really is one fine offensive team. Hope i helped! :]

TheEnder

a petal in the wind
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Hey there, pretty solid team you have here :)

I am not gonna suggest any major changes, but i have some minor nitpicks on some of your sets;

Scizor likes 20 Speed EV's, so I would take those from attack (this outspeeds Heatran with no inv.)
Heatran doesnt really need Timid ?_? I would change it to Modest, and put Taunt over either HP Ice or Earth Power. If you feel weak to Mawile, you can also put Will-O-Wisp over either HP Ice or Earth Power.

Heatran @ Air Balloon
EVs: 32 HP / 252 SpA / 220 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Taunt / Earth Power / Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt / Hidden Power [Ice] / Will-O-Wisp

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off

alright guys thanks for the rates

so here are some thoughts i'm having

-LO or choice band on Terrakion?

-Is Mega Mawile enough of a problem to my team to the point where its recommended to run Will-O-Wisp over Taunt on Heatran?

Nice team, Smog Frog! It looks like it takes names with the sheer power it has. That said, the WoW stallzard X set can switch in on heatran and threaten everything with a burn. I get that Latios can absorb that, but a burn plus life orb damage will rack up pretty quickly.

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Pretty cool team u got here. I agree with basically everyone else about Heatran, since Modest is a much better nature for it. The only notable things that you can outspeed with Timid is Hasty Aegis and Bisharp. The former isn't /that/ common, while the latter is handled easily by Scizor of he's already Megad. There are a few other speed tiers you may hit vs uninvested pokes, but I can't think of anything that Heatran would be scared of, or something Heatran shouldn't stay in against anyways (ie Gliscor/defensive Lando T).

Also want to point out that in the set description for Heatran it just says 24 and is missing HP.

I guess I battled you today and I didn't even know n_n

From battling and reading up it honestly looks like a really solid team and it was incredibly fun to play against. I don't really have too many suggestions that haven't been made yet but I think if Aegislash goes this team should wreck pretty hard. As said earlier Superpower > Knock Off (once Aegis is gone) will allow you to ensure a kill on tran and allow you to deal with Mega-Gyarados more effectively.

One thing I do see as a possible problem is Greninja because it outspeeds everything except for Lando-T and OHKOs everything (depending on its moveset) except for Kyu-B which racks up hazards and LO damage pretty quickly. I honestly don't know how exactly you would deal with a threat like this but maybe it's just something you have to play around. I suppose Quick Attack + Bullet Punch + Scarfed Lando does work on it since Greninja's bulk is essentially zero LOL.

To answer your question about Terrak I personally like LO over Banded because it gives you more versatility. For example, if Mega-Venusaur comes in on a predicted Close Combat it's possible to switch to Stone Edge and possibly KO with a little bit of prior damage. However, the power you get in Banded Terrakion is amazing and with Stone Edge you can just outright 2hko Mega-Venusaur. The main reason I run LO is because it allows me to run Sub and thereby scout my opponents Terrakion counter. Then I can get off at least a neutral hit considering the amazing coverage of the moveset. This helps a lot vs. Latias/Latios teams and Lando-T teams as it allows you to ease up on predictions. Sub may also draw out Greninja because some players just want to get rid of your sub and then you can just KO and remove a threat in response. The sheer power of Banded Terrak is pretty great though and having 3 LO users on the same team can wear you down pretty quick. So I think both sets have their benefits it just depends on what you think you need or what you feel comfortable playing.

Overall, great team with some nice unorthodox sets on normally common mons.

Oh yeah, you might want to change Mega-Scizor's ability to Technician :] unless you want Light Metal o.o

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)