Deo-Thund-Slash (Peaked 1792)

This post will act as the archive of my QC works.

DONE
OU :

UU Threatlist :
(offensive)
(defensive)

WIP
UU
Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
I really don' t like Lando with hp ice and no life orb

4 SpA Landorus-T Hidden Power Ice vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Landorus-T: 220-260 (68.9 - 81.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

4 SpA Landorus-T Hidden Power Ice vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 208-248 (58.1 - 69.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

4 SpA Landorus-T Hidden Power Ice vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 208-248 (58.1 - 69.2%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and 3 layers of Spikes

4 SpA Landorus-T Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Gliscor: 228-272 (64.4 - 76.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal

4 SpA Landorus-T Hidden Power Ice vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Landorus: 220-260 (68.7 - 81.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

He didn't do so much damage like last gen. U cannot Revenge kill those mons if they are at full health. This can ben a problem, because u are scarfed.

U can lure your defiant thundy with a prankster normal set. If u don't use u-turn, replace it with taunt, usefull against BP. Or t- wave, so u can paralyze charytwins and gothi can outspeed more mons.

Btw nice team.

Last edited:
[quotcine="Dalai_Drama, post: 5348793, member: 194089"]I really don' t like Lando with hp ice and no life orb

4 SpA Landorus-T Hidden Power Ice vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Landorus-T: 220-260 (68.9 - 81.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

4 SpA Landorus-T Hidden Power Ice vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 208-248 (58.1 - 69.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

4 SpA Landorus-T Hidden Power Ice vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 208-248 (58.1 - 69.2%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and 3 layers of Spikes

4 SpA Landorus-T Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Gliscor: 228-272 (64.4 - 76.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal

4 SpA Landorus-T Hidden Power Ice vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Landorus: 220-260 (68.7 - 81.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

He didn't do so much damage like last gen. U cannot Revenge kill those mons if they are at full health. This can ben a problem, because u are scarfed.

U can lure your defiant thundy with a prankster normal set. If u don't use u-turn, replace it with taunt, usefull against BP. Or t- wave, so u can paralyze charytwins and gothi can outspeed more mons.

Btw nice team.[/quote]
thanks for the rate. Yeah, hp ice on lando is quite underwhelming sometimes but without it the aforementioned pokemon become more problematic.
I was thinking of giving thundy hp ice instead of u-turn. And replacing hp ice on landnrus-t with knock off / rock slide / stealth rocks. Suggestions???

Looks like a pretty good team, this one here. But the one thing I see is that Bisharp shreds your team in half. So, have you tried Superpower on your Deo-d? Take 56 evs into attack, and Bisharp ain't no prob from t1. Because hey, who Sucker Punches a Deo-D?

I also agree that HP Ice on lando-t is most disappointing, and shouldn't be used in this gen.
Twave over U-turn on Thundy-I imo, it helps.

Mawile can be switched out (never been a fan of mawile on HO teams) for something like Zard X or Y or perhaps Mega Ttar. I love Greninja on Hyper Offense, so that's an option too. If you do intend on keeping the Mega Mawile though, I suggest jolly max-speed to outpace everything up to uninvested 90's (and speedtieing with uninvested lando-t), as you are still stronger than CB Terrak (discounting BP on moves ofc).

These are some suggestions, but I'm not sure how to dance around stall nd shit. I personally would prefer running standard Thundy with psychic as a coverage move and prankster, but idk really. Then you have no real answer to defog.

ShootingStarmie

Bulletproof
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hi there. I'm here to rate your team.

So by the looks of it this is an extremely powerful Hyper Offense team with Gothitelle, which I think fits greatly into your team as you can obviously eliminate certain annoying Pokemon (mainly Mega Venusaur). Aegislash and Thundurus-I work really nicely to keep hazards on your side of the field, Landorus-T provides you with a solid revenge killer, and Mawile is incredibly powerful.

However, looking over the team, and looking at your own notes, there's certainly some weaknesses to the team. Greninja as you've already pointed out is a pain, as is it for most offensive teams, due to it's coverage, speed, and power. I also think that Bisharp is another huge threat to you, as at +2 it destroys this team, and Landorus-T can't even revenge kill due to Intimidate giving Bisharp an attack boost. You also mention how bird spam causes you problems, but I think if you preserve Thundurus-I and Landorus-T, you should be fine (it's sounds easier than it is, I know).

Anyway, here's my suggestions.

1) Change your Deoxys-D to this spread. This set is purposely designed to beat Bisharp, but I recommend slightly changing it with Magic Coat > Mirror Coat, since you deal with Aegislash nicely with Landorus-T and Mawile (feel free to use it if you think you're struggling against Aegislash too). This can also really help you when Greninja leads off against Deoxys-D and goes for Dark Pulse.

2) Change Landorus-T to Garchomp. Scarf Garhomp I think would suit your team better, as it has enough speed to revenge kill Charizard-X at +1, can can switch into Charizard-Y's Fire Blast if need be. It's also still a solid check to Aegislash, and you're only really losing out on U-turn + Intimidate. This will also slightly help you against Bisharp if it sets up to +2.

3) Change your Mawile set. Now there's two suggestions I have here, so I'm going to seperate each suggestion.

I honestly don't know how effective this kind of Mawile set is, but here's a few ideas you could change it to. Changing it to a Swords Dance set allows you to easily clean up late game, which your team kinda lacks despite being such an offensive team (I guess Landorus-T / Garchomp can cleam up late game, but locking yourself into Ground / Dragon STABs isn't advisable, when there are so many resists / immunities in the OU tier).

Another idea could be to replace Mawile with Assualt Vest Azumarill. Now here me out here, Assualt Vest Azumarill acts very much like Mawlie, as it still punches holes, but it offers your team a solid switch into Keldeo, Greninja, and Charizard-Y's Fire Blast.

Both options for the last change I think should be tested to see what best suits you as a player. Anyway, that's my rate. I hope I helped you out in some way, and good luck with the team n_n

Last edited:
Hi there. I'm here to rate your team.

So by the looks of it this is an extremely powerful Hyper Offense team with Gothitelle, which I think fits greatly into your team as you can obviously eliminate certain annoying Pokemon (mainly Mega Venusaur). Aegislash and Thundurus-I work really nicely to keep hazards on your side of the field, Landorus-T provides you with a solid revenge killer, and Mawile is incredibly powerful.

However, looking over the team, and looking at your own notes, there's certainly some weaknesses to the team. Greninja as you've already pointed out is a pain, as is it for most offensive teams, due to it's coverage, speed, and power. I also think that Bisharp is another huge threat to you, as at 2 it destroys this team, and Landorus-T can't even revenge kill due to Intimidate giving Bisharp an attack boost. You also mention how bird spam causes you problems, but I think if you preserve Thundurus-I and Landorus-T, you should be fine (it's sounds easier than it is, I know).

Anyway, here's my suggestions.

1) Change your Deoxys-D to this spread. This set is purposely designed to beat Bisharp, but I recommend slightly changing it with Magic Coat > Mirror Coat, since you deal with Aegislash nicely with Landorus-T and Mawile (feel free to use it if you think you're struggling against Aegislash too). This can also really help you when Greninja leads off against Deoxys-D and goes for Dark Pulse.

2) Change Landorus-T to Garchomp. Scarf Garhomp I think would suit your team better, as it has enough speed to revenge kill Charizard-X at 1, can can switch into Charizard-Y's Fire Blast if need be. It's also still a solid check to Aegislash, and you're only really losing out on U-turn Intimidate. This will also slightly help you against Bisharp if it sets up to 2.

3) Change your Mawile set. Now there's two suggestions I have here, so I'm going to seperate each suggestion.

I honestly don't know how effective this kind of Mawile set is, but here's a few ideas you could change it to. Changing it to a Swords Dance set allows you to easily clean up late game, which your team kinda lacks despite being such an offensive team (I guess Landorus-T / Garchomp can cleam up late game, but locking yourself into Ground / Dragon STABs isn't advisable, when there are so many resists / immunities in the OU tier).

Another idea could be to replace Mawile with Assualt Vest Azumarill. Now here me out here, Assualt Vest Azumarill acts very much like Mawlie, as it still punches holes, but it offers your team a solid switch into Keldeo, Greninja, and Charizard-Y's Fire Blast.

Both options for the last change I think should be tested to see what best suits you as a player. Anyway, that's my rate. I hope I helped you out in some way, and good luck with the team n_n
Thanks for the rate. :)
i am currently testing the deo-d set you mentioned with mirror coat. Also, it doesn't hit greninja :-P. However, i may change it to taunt as i miss it dearly against opposing deo-d leads. Also, as you said assvest azumarill fits this team very well but i am currently testing it. I sometimes miss power but it is a great addition. Also, scarfchomp is a beast.
And, thanks for the rate again.

Last edited:
Looks like a pretty good team, this one here. But the one thing I see is that Bisharp shreds your team in half. So, have you tried Superpower on your Deo-d? Take 56 evs into attack, and Bisharp ain't no prob from t1. Because hey, who Sucker Punches a Deo-D?

I also agree that HP Ice on lando-t is most disappointing, and shouldn't be used in this gen.
Twave over U-turn on Thundy-I imo, it helps.

Mawile can be switched out (never been a fan of mawile on HO teams) for something like Zard X or Y or perhaps Mega Ttar. I love Greninja on Hyper Offense, so that's an option too. If you do intend on keeping the Mega Mawile though, I suggest jolly max-speed to outpace everything up to uninvested 90's (and speedtieing with uninvested lando-t), as you are still stronger than CB Terrak (discounting BP on moves ofc).

These are some suggestions, but I'm not sure how to dance around stall nd shit. I personally would prefer running standard Thundy with psychic as a coverage move and prankster, but idk really. Then you have no real answer to defog.
Thanks for the rate. Yes bisharp is a problem and i have switched to superpower on deo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)