Deoxys plotting nasty things.

Well I'm going to get straight to the point and say I play competitively online on well Pokemon Online an I'm a noob at ubers, and despite being good at OU ubers is something which I have been afraid with titans roaming around every corner but I felt now that deoxys has nasty plot it would be something which can hit so hard that even the titans are scared so without further ado here we are.

Deoxys (Deoxys-A) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Nasty Plot
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Shadow Ball

This is the main man, or well alien. It's all very standard, up his already impressive speed and max out special attack. Focus sash ensures I get the nasty plot then proceed to sweep the opposing team. The only things that really bothers this pokemon is being paralyzed and priority users and well sleep but luckily there isn't a lot of paralyzing going on in ubers unless it comes from thunder. But anyway I have chosen HP Fighting over focus blast for the accuracy and my thinking was the power boost counter acts the low base power. Shadow ball provides decent coverage as well and pshyock is then STAB of choice.

Giratina-O @ Griseous Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse

Knowing that status was always going to be problem one way or another I have chosen this version of giritania, it was always my favourite pokemon looking so badass but anyway I need a switch in to extreme speed arceus along with terrakion but the main difference and that depending on moveset this pokemon can set up. However his main duty it set up in front of status pokemon such as ferrothron and then provide to sweep.

Lugia @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Roost
- Toxic
- Substitute
- Whirlwind

With all the hard hitters running about I needed a pokemon which can take a hit. So in comes lugia. Well toxic is the only form of damage, roost and sub to stall out toxic and whirlwind to phaze and hopefully toxicing another pokemon. Not much to say really. Also being a bit of noob in the ubers metagame I'm not really to sure of the advantages and disadvantages of pressure and Multiscale so if anyone could advise that would be awesome.

Forretress (M) @ Custap Berry
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Explosion
- Toxic Spikes

After looking up on the main website for leads particularly ones with stealth rocks I came across this variant of forretress. His main role is setup and rapid spin away any hazards. This helps the deoxys sweep a lot by damaging troublesome pokemon and also ensuring that deoxys focus sash remains intake.

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor
- Earthquake

I needed a decent pokemon to combat extreme killer arceus as its the most common threat and the most common pokemon which can take down deoxys, his main role is to take down arceus and if sleep clause has been activated, darkrai, all the moves are for max coverage although in all honesty I just select either one of his STABS

Arceus @ Life Orb
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- ExtremeSpeed
- Shadow Force
- Earthquake

This is the e pokemon slot I'm sure about. After reading about what a monster he is I thought of using arceus however if their is another pokemon to help deoxys sweep then please say as that is the main focus point for this team. But anyways its all very standard fire of a sword dance then click extremespeed and the opposite coverage move when needed.

Few important notes.

I'm on IPad so I can't add pictures however if there is a way to add pictures please say.

I play on Pokemon Online simulater.

Also I'm new to ubers so please rate if you have any experience.

I'm on an Ipad too, lol.

I would recommend changing Arceus's set, it's just better in general. Also, Life Orb is bad on Arceus, on-site sets aren't usually good, Leftovers lets it win some setup wars and get to +4 or even 6.

Arceus @ Leftovers
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- ExtremeSpeed
- Shadow Claw
- Recover

Also, Explosion isnt that good on Forre, change it to Gyro Ball or Volt Switch, and if it isnt your lead maybe try Red Card?

Other then that, if your Deo-A set works then I might try it too, good luck with the team

My god can people please stop suggesting that obsolotete spread for E-killer? Use more HP, that much speed is hardly needed anymore. Unless you want to go 252 Jolly, there is no need for 168. 56 speed is a good benchmark for max speed adamant Rayquaza. Also, Silk Scarf is the preferred item without spikes support, although Lum Berry is good too. You are not going to be forcing many switches with that Deoxys-A, good opponents will be wary of it being a lead and will act accordingly, so Nasty Plot is hardly needed. Use Life Orb with Psycho Boost to kill things and switch out instead. Explosion on Custap Forrtress is ok, but with Gyro Ball it works better against Deoxys-S.

Now onto the real problems. No Kyogre check. If a scarf Kyogre comes on something other than Deoxys-A with its sash intact, something is going to die. I am not sure what the general idea of the team is, but you should try building around some common cores instead. It's too much work suggestion changes in Pokémon here to create a coherent synergy between the members, but get a way of dealing with Kyogre at least.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)