Deoxys-S

Ah Deoxes S. Probably my favourite Uber. I loved using him in OU and I hope he'll stay there this time. This pokemon is just cool.

I think other deoxes forms should be given a chance as well. They're no longer as scary as they used to be.

Ah Deoxes S. Probably my favourite Uber. I loved using him in OU and I hope he'll stay there this time. This pokemon is just cool.

I think other deoxes forms should be given a chance as well. They're no longer as scary as they used to be.
I agree.

Deoxys-A: Dies to priority moves (which will be a lot more common in 5th gen). And sandstorm will kill it's sash.

Deoxys-D: Psychic is a TERRIBLE defensive type. The only useful resist it has is fighting. Furthermore, it's meager hp makes it a lot less bulky than many other walls in ubers.

Deoxys-S: I can actually still see this one in ubers. As it's very fast, not terribly frail, (although he probably won't survive a hit anyway) and he can counter the mischevious heart pokemon.

I like deoxys-s a lot, but I'm not sure that it fulfils the criterion for being banned (if the criterion is that it can set up consistently on almost all of the metagame) as successfully any more. It's certainly going to have more competition than the last generation gave it, at any rate.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Right, the Trick-Scarf set. I would personally stick to the traditional Focus Sash/Lum Berry lead, since it doesn't run into issue with Taunt MHers. Other than that, stuck it into the OP.

What about a late game cleaner? It has type coverage above Starmie, better bulk, and speed. It can also revenge kill Ononokusu, Mence, Chomp, Gyarados, and the lot.

Name: LO Sweeper
Move 1: Ice Beam
Move 2: Thunder/Thunderbolt
Move 3: Shadow Ball
Move 4: Superpower/Recover
Item: Life Orb
Nature: Hasty/Naive/Timid
EVs: 4 Atk l 252 Sp. Atk l 252 Spe or 4 Def l 252 Sp. Atk l 252 Spe
I'm using Deoxys-S as a late game sweeper at the moment, and it's still really good, especially when you have the 670+ Ubers banned, meaning the Pokemon left aren't as bulky. The set I've been using is:

Deoxys-S @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Nature: Naive
-Psychic
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt
-Superpower

As much coverage as you want, really. Psychic is still your main STAB move (I always prefer Psychic over Psycho Shock to take out stupid stuff like Roobushin easier, especially when you have Superpower to take out Blissey with). His natural speed means you get the jump on stuff like ScarfChomp, DD Mence (Pretty much DD anything apart from Latios). Bring him out late game when you've dented everything with the rest of your team and he cleans like a maniac.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Things have changed a lot since the time Deoxys-S dominated Gen IV OU. Hell, I am not even convinced he would be dominant in the current Gen IV OU, let alone Gen V.

The invention of powerful IV-gem anti-leads (invented AFTER Deoxys-S was tested)like Dragonite and Machamp changed the way people think about the opening game in Vth gen. It's not such a welcome place for someone just looking to try set up spikes anymore, especially with all the mischiveous heart leads added to the mix.

Not to mention that with Wifi's "see the enemy before hand" function, Deoxys-S leads will have a harder time winning the initial rock-paper-scizors, with any Tyranitar built for any set easily moved to the lead position just to kill that deoxys you saw.

Ancien Régime

washed gay RSE player
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This is the lead I use, and it works very well:

Deoxys-S @ Lum Berry
EVs: 46 Atk / 212 SpA / 252 Spe
Nature: Timid
-Substitute
-Ice Beam
-Spikes
-Taunt

Ice Beam is for 2HKOing Erufuun while shrugging off any status like Stun Spore. Substitute is to scout for Magic Mirror/Magic Coat (while putting up a barrier against status). Spikes and Taunt are self-explanatory. I run a sand-based team, so I usually have Hippowdon put up the rocks.

I think Deoxys-S will start running Mavic coat over taunt, simply to deal with MH users. It's not a bad move in itself anyway, so he isn't exactly losing out.

Sorry for the huge bump, but does anyone think Choice Scarf Deoxys-S would work? YOu outspeed everything ever, could work for revenge killing.

BurningMan

fueled by beer
Sorry for the huge bump, but does anyone think Choice Scarf Deoxys-S would work? YOu outspeed everything ever, could work for revenge killing.

Meh without a Life orb you will miss out on a lot of propably important KOs and you get trapped very easy by Scizor and TTar.
The only common things you would catch with a CS that you wouldn't without are Excadrill and Venusaur and i doubt you can OHKO them even with an SE move.
The normal LO set is imo much better as a revenge killer/Late-Game sweeper.

I'm using Deoxys-S as a late game sweeper at the moment, and it's still really good, especially when you have the 670+ Ubers banned, meaning the Pokemon left aren't as bulky. The set I've been using is:

Deoxys-S @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Nature: Naive
-Psychic
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt
-Superpower

As much coverage as you want, really. Psychic is still your main STAB move (I always prefer Psychic over Psycho Shock to take out stupid stuff like Roobushin easier, especially when you have Superpower to take out Blissey with). His natural speed means you get the jump on stuff like ScarfChomp, DD Mence (Pretty much DD anything apart from Latios). Bring him out late game when you've dented everything with the rest of your team and he cleans like a maniac.
That set is beast. I ran the same thing for a while, but I found that Psycho Boost was better due to his tendency to switch around alot and need as strong of hits as possible. Also, people will tend to switch in TTar after a Psycho Boost to Pursuit you, and then you can surprise OHKO using Superpower with just 32 attack EVs. Im not sure if thats the exact number, but its somewhere around there.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
^

I suppose its to stop venasaur in the sun/exadrill in sand, but i've heard that he needs 252 speed ev's and a scarf to do that and in all fairness, Deoxys does not need a scarf...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)