Deperately Failing UU Team, Rate Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello there... welcome to a RMT.
This is my first actually good and structured UU team. It revolves around heavily setting up and weakening the other team before I attempt to tear through the opponents team with my sweeper(s). It has a particular problem though. It doesnt really win (2-6 on shoddy before posting). So, the help is needed and aprreciated.

At A Glance:

Rawrrr. (Uxie) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Yawn
- Psychic

Stable opening act. It either sets SR or Yawns first turn. It works way better if i can SR then Yawn, because it almost always causes switches. U-Turn is good for the turn of the switch so i can switch to an appropriate counter. Psychic is there for STAB and to hit stuff when necessary.
---

Selfish. (Cloyster) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 252 HP/6 Def/252 SDef
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Beam
- Explosion

Rapid Spinner for the rather pesky spikes and ever annoying SR. also throws its own Spikes and disables grass/flying types with Ice Beam. Goes Boom when its job is finally done.
---

ReDead. (Spiritomb) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/100 Def/156 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Staus absorbing, spin blocking, pain in the *** tank that is Spiritomb. Like to come in on fighting/psychic types that destroy the rest of my team. Im sure you can understand why Rest and Sleep Talk are on the set. Shadow Ball and HP [Fighting] are for coverage on everything for at least neutral damage.
---

Tubbo. (Hariyama) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 76 HP/180 Atk/252 Def
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Knock Off
- Force Palm
- Stone Edge
- Whirlwind

Normally I dont condone fat people, but this is the exception to the rule. Knock off is a huge asset, just like Whirlwind and Force Palm. Now you might think, "What the hell?" but really its a great move. It has 30% paralyze rate and compaired to Close Combat, a better option because of the loss of Def. drop. Stone Edge for the most reliable coverage.
---

Dinner. (Muk) (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Sticky Hold
EVs: 252 HP/80 Def/176 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Curse
- Shadow Sneak
- Ice Punch
- Poison Jab

One of the reasons my team sets up. Curse is like Sun to superman in this case, boosting its lower defence stat and powering up its already phenominal attack. Jab is for STAB, Ice Punch for coverage, and Shadow Sneak for a priority kill on weakened foes. Muk is also useful for removing the rare Toxic Spikes.
---

Silver. (Altaria) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 72 HP/252 Atk/184 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Roost

Ah, the highlight for this team. DD speaks for itself, and EQ is for killing stuff. Outrage from Platinum does wonders in UU, it kills most everything after one boost. Roost is for damage accumulated and such.
---

Well thats the team. I cant see any real flaws, which disappoints me. So really, it needs help. RMT.

There is one major flaw with this team: it is slow. You say you use the early game to set up; opponents will use this time to set up their own things or start sweeping your team. And when you get all that spikes set up, your sweepers are slow and don't usually force switches on enemies.

Add to that you have no fast sweeper, except Altaria after a Dragon Dance, if it can pull that off.

One solution would be streamlining this team. Cloyster doesn't perform well, as his abysmal special defense and your lack of Chansey (although Muk kind of works) will put you in bad situations. Rapid Spin isn't necessary for offensive teams like this who seek to pull of a sweep by catching the opponent in a bad position. I suggest you use something like Choice Scarf Gallade,

Gallade @Choice Scarf
Close Combat
Psycho Cut
Stone Edge
Filler: Shadow Sneak/X-Scissor/Night Slash/whatever.

This will give you a fast, hard-hitting option that requires little set-up.

Spiritomb also must go, as with that spread and those EVs his damage output will be minimal. Although he can soak up damage, he does nothing back. But Spiritomb is a capable defensive Pokemon, I suggest the set Will-O-Wisp/Pursuit/Shadow Sneak/Pain Split. That way he can actually punish the Pokemon he is walling. There is a similar set listed in the Smogon analysis, those EVs will be fine.

Of all the sweepers, I feel the one who does the least is Hariyama. It's a defensive build that doesn't work well in offensive teams with a low base power Force Palm and Knock Off. I wanted to use it in a defensive team, but it's not bulky enough either. So replace it with the aforementioned Gallade, or something like Rock Polish Torterra.

TAY

You and I Know
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This thread is now locked under rule 3:
Rule 3 said:
3. Have some actual words in your post beyond your six Pokemon and their moves. Not following this makes your post quite boring to read and rate. All Pokemon should have a good reason for being in your team anyway, so why not post that reason? If you're having trouble with this one, start by giving an explanation for each team member. Why are they there? What role do they serve? How do you get them in? Then, give an explanation of how you would open with the team and how you would go about using it. All of these things help people rate your team and allow us to offer more helpful advice.

This does not mean add one sentence saying "Standard x" or "all-around awesome" after each Pokemon. If you put thought into making the team, you can put thought into posting it.
Just stating what your moves do is not enough. Everyone already knows those effects.

Additionally, if this team is "desperately failing" then it should not be posted here. I suggest you take a look at the stickied "how to RMT" thread.

If you fix this up then PM me your changes and I will unlock this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)