DERP

I know the rules will change in time for next years VGC, but i decided to still post this for some reason haha. I don't know what compelled me to run this sort of team really. I like Stoutland because of his sand rush ability and decided to form a team around that, kinda. I tried putting in some more pokemon with sandrush, but thats only excadrill, who makes my team have some big weaknesses to fire and fighting. After putting the team in on marrilands site, we had no real weaknesses and it looked really well, to me:P. I know I'm going out on a limb here and hopefully there is a method to my madness. I will try to be strong and not cry if you're mean, so don't hold back, thanks!

LEADS:

Accelgor (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Trait: Sticky Hold
EVs: 160 HP / 252 SAtk / 96 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Guard Swap
- Sandstorm
- Bug Buzz
- Giga Drain

I decided to go with Accelgor to lay sandstorm despite his awful defenses mainly because it worked well with the rest of my team, weakness-wise. I could probably change the held item, i just slapped sitrus berry in there because i couldn't think of anything else:P In my head it works out where i can predict whether or not the opponent will use protect, if they do i could use that turn to lay down the sandstorm, but if i predict an attack coming my way i would guard swap with the bulkiest opponent. Then we have bug buzz and giga drain, which could work as a stall, but wither way once i get sandstorm off, things should go much smoother with stout kicking some ass.

Stoutland (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Fire Fang
- Ice Fang
- Return
- Crunch

Here I pretty much went with the Smogon analysis here, sand rush is a gimme with the team Im attempting to run. you've got crunch for the ghosties, I've been thinking about switching ice fang with thunder fang, but its ice right now because dragons have been a real bitch in my VGC experiences. And then return for times when the other move types just don't cut it! I could switch the Spd and HP EVs because of the life orb, and his speed will be outstanding anyway, but I guess ill keep it just for a fighting chance in case accelgor doesn't get sandstorm off, in which case im pretty much fucked anyway.

Haxorus (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 96 Def / 160 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Protect
- Brick Break
- Rock Slide
- Dragon Claw

I think im just about good with hax. This is how i ran him with my old VGC team and... well never mind. I don't like using protect with choice scarf, but it does help when your going up against a Hydregion, sure to use draco meteor, and after you use that you could just switch out with another pokemon. but ya, i think im set with hax.

Samurott (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Protect
- Grass Knot

Samurott was used here mainly, once again, for coverage purposes. Turns out though he has a nice move pool. the only reason i wen't with Special attack over physical is because of the slightly higher stat. ummm his moves pretty much have type coverage under control. I don't really know what else to say. haha thanks for rating my team.

Why do you only have 4 pokemon? Vgc 2011 is 6 pokemon on wifi setting. (which is where you can see your opponent's team and choose 4 pokemon from your team of 6 to battle.) From what you have now, most people when they see accelgor now it's a sandstorm lead. They will know instantly that you will set up sandstorm based on what pokemon you have on your team. So either go for mental herb which will prevent taunt or focus sash because accelgor is too frail. Enocre > guard swap. Go for full speed so you can abuse it. Timid, 252 sp. attack and 252 speed.

Stoutland
Protect > fire fang.
The elemental fang moves are only 65 base power which is not much. Ice fang is okay because so many pokemon are weak to ice.

Haxorus:
Outrage> dragon claw
KO's where dragon claw will not. I normally don't recomend outrage because it chooses a random opponent, but outrage will almost always guarantee a KO.
Crunch>Protect
Honestly anything is better than protect on a choice scarf. Even guillotine.

Samurott:
Wacan berry> leftovers

It's not going to get many chances at recovering with leftovers. Wacan berry ensures it survives against thundurus for one round where other wise it wouldn't.

Why do you only have 4 pokemon? Vgc 2011 is 6 pokemon on wifi setting. (which is where you can see your opponent's team and choose 4 pokemon from your team of 6 to battle.)
I know that, but this is just the team i wanted to be critiqued, ill definitely put some others in there when the time comes. but thanks for the help, i didn't even think of a focus sash, that'll help out a lot though. and btw, hax doesn't run crunch, but what do you think about Night Slash? and I guess i could run outrage over dragon claw, especially with him being scarfed. But ya, thanks again for the help

Focus Sash >> Sitrus on Accelgor. It's not like it can tank anything after Guard Swap anyhow. Unless they use a Shuckle...

I don't have much of a problem with Stoutland. But I know for a fact that Return from Stoutland is enough to 2HKO Amoonguss. But Protect >> Fire Fang

Excadrill is okay. It's a boss in sand but I think Stoutland is okay. I would still try out Excadril and see if you like him or not.

Totally use Guillotine on Haxorus. OHKO moves worked so well at Nats.

You better nickname your Samurott Narwhal.

Good luck bro

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)