XY OU Desert Lands // Sand Offense

Introduction~
Hey guys, I'm back with a second RMT. Last time I did a Hyper offense since that was the playstyle that I wanted to try out. This time, I'm am showcasing my personal favorite, Sand offense. This team was based around Mega Gardevoir because I wanted to try out one of 3 main Mega wall breakers. Also, I love mega Gardevoir design. Sand offense is really getting popular and it's my personal favorite, so I'm like "Why not RMT my sand team?". Anyways, this is my team and I hope you enjoy my RMT!
Team at a glance~

Team in Depth~

Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
-Stone Edge
-Ice Beam
-Pursuit
-Stealth Rocks
Since I am doing a sand team I definitely need a pokemon that can set up sand. It was either Tyranitar or Hippowdon that could fit this job. I realized that Hippowdon didn't really suit this team well as much as Tyranitar did. Tyranitar is a great check to DD non-earthquake Zard-X, Talonflame, and the latitwins. He is a amazing partner for Excadrill as he activates Sand Rush for Excadrill and allows him to everything. The reason why I run stone edge over earthquake is because Thundurus is a shaky check to Birdspam as Choice banded Talonflame can 2HKO with brave bird and thundurus doesn't like taking a +2 Quick attack or return. Otherwise, earthquake could be ran over stone edge if you want a counter to Mega manectric/Raikou. Ice beam nails Landorus-T/Gliscor, Dragonite, and garchomp. Pursuit is a great support move as it traps the Latitwins which otherwise counter Keldeo. Stealth rocks is mandatory as I need a rock setter.

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Hp / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
-Earthquake
-Iron head
-Rock slide
-Rapid Spin
A very common partner to Tyranitar that can abuse the sand is Excadrill. Excadrill is very dangerous under the sand as Sand Rush greatly boost up his speed. He is my Rapid spinner and revenge killer of this team. Originally this was Scarfed Mold breaker Excadrill, but being locked into EQ or rapid spin was pretty annoying as I had too switched out often. Also, Sand Rush Excadrill is a much better revenge killer as you don't have to be locked into any moves. Air balloon makes him a pseudo-check to non-balloon Excadrills. Earthquake is his main STAB move and it should always be. Iron head is his secondary STAB move and it hits incoming Landorus-T and fairy types. Rock slide forms the Edge-Quake combo and with Sand Rush, it could also help check Birdspam. Rapid Spin is also mandatory as I have two pokemons that are weak to rocks.

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 Hp / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
-Bulk up
-Brave Bird
-Roost
-Will-O-Wisp
So, I wanted a pokemon that could late-game clean and also provide some utility. I decided to go with SpD Talonflame because that is a set that I've never used. At first, I thought that it was very a pretty bad set compared to the choice band set, but it is pretty good and it really helps this team. Talonflame could check Mega Gardevoir, heracross, medicham, Venusaur and Zard-Y. He also finalize the Tyranitar+Excadrill+Talonflame core. Before I had the SpD set, I was using the choice banded set with Will-O-Wisp. It was alright, but SpD talonflame was so much better for this team. Bulk up is the main move of this set. It help's to boost it attack and defense stat and can allow talonflame to late game clean. Brave bird is it's only attacking move and it's main STAB move. Roost gives talonflame a easier chance at sweeping. Will-O-Wisp provides some utility to burn power physical attackers.

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Hydro Pump
-Secret Sword
-Scald
-Hidden Power Electric/Hidden Power Flying
This team has trouble breaking through walls. I wanted a second powerful attacker that can pair well with Mega Gardevoir. I went with Keldeo as it has a great typing synergy with the rest of the team. Keldeo also acts like a second check to mega Medicham as it could OHKO with Hydro Pump ( Talonflame does a better check though). Also, Keldeo is a great check to DD Mega Tyranitar. It stops it cold and OHKO's with secret sword. With pursuit support from Tyranitar, Keldeo won't need to worry about the Latitwins switching in. Hydro Pump is Keldeo's main STAB move as it hit's like a truck with specs equipped. Secret Sword is it's secondary STAB move as it allows Keldeo to turn into a mixed attacker. Scald is always a great move as it has a 30% chance to burn. Icy wind is not needed since tyranitar already takes care of the Latitwins, so I went with Hidden Power Electric as it could nail incoming Azumarill's. Hidden power could be ran over HP electric, but HP electric is more useful.

Thundurus @ Life orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power Ice
-Knock Off
-Thunder Wave
Thundurus just a great pokemon. He checks so many fast pokes with Thunder wave. He is a key member for this team. Pokes such as Greninja and Keldeo could of easily ran through this team without Thundurus. Those are only two pokes that I named that Thundurus checks. In general, Thundurus can fit in so many teams because of how much support it could provide. Thundurus could help checking Azumarill alongside Keldeo, but if it's Belly drum, then Thundurus loses to +6 aqua jet. Also, he checks Bird-Spam decently well. Thunderbolt should always be his main STAB move. Hidden power Ice provides amazing coverage alongside Thunderbolt to create the Bolt-Beam combo. It kills lando, gliscor, and dragon types ( excluding Latitwins). Knock Off is amazing support move. It helps against stall as it could knock off pokes item off such as evoilite. Thunderwave is pretty simple, paralyze speed boosting pokes to stop from sweeping.

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 232 SpA / 24 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Hyper Voice
-Psyshock
-Focus Blast
-Taunt
Here is the star of this RMT, Mega gardevoir. We know how powerful gardevoir is after Aegislash and Mega mawile was banned. Gardevoir became one of the premier wall breaker/Stall breaker of the tier. She just deals so much damage to other pokes who don't resist her moves. Gardevoir also pairs well with Tyranitar and Keldeo because Tyranitar can pursuit trap gengar which is good check to mega gardevoir. And Keldeo with gardevoir makes a great wall breaking core. Hyper voice is a monstrous move to use. Anything that doesn't resist it will either be 2HKO or even OHKO. It is a great move to spam as it really shows gardevoirs power. Psyshock is a great secondary STAB move as it hits chansey harder. Focus blast is a good coverage move, but is very hard to rely on. It hit's heatran for some damage. Taunt is a great way to break through stall. This ease the threat of the stall as a whole.
Conclusion~
Well, that is all I have to say about this team. I wanted to showcase it since this is one of my favorite team that I've made in X/Y. If there is anything that could be changed, let me know and I may take it to consideration. I hope that you liked this RMT!

Importable~
Code:
Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stone Edge
- Ice Beam
- Pursuit
- Stealth Rock

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Knock Off
- Thunder Wave

Gardevoir-Mega @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Pixilate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 24 HP / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Excadrill

Sand Rush
########
move 1: Earthquake
move 2: Iron Head
move 3: Rock Slide
move 4: Swords Dance / Rapid Spin
ability: Sand Rush
item: Life Orb
evs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
nature: Adamant

You have the wrong set for Excadrill. If you are running a sand offense team you simply MUST run this set for excadrill. The entire purpose of the core of these two is to make Excadrill a sweeping monster who out speeds 95% of the meta and removes Char X from the picture.

Excadrill

Sand Rush
########

You have the wrong set for Excadrill. If you are running a sand offense team you simply MUST run this set for excadrill. The entire purpose of the core of these two is to make Excadrill a sweeping monster who out speeds 95% of the meta and removes Char X from the picture.
Literally the only things different from the two sets are the 4hp into def and AB over LO, where AB is used to help against other sand offense.

Excadrill

Sand Rush
########

Yeah, I run Air Balloon over Life orb since Sand Rush Excadrill can easily run through this team.

a half of your team is scizor weak
but you have the other half as counter though
i think its a great team though.

Irrelevant:
Try shiny mega gardevoir. Its cool :D

Hey, cool team you've got here!
However I see a big weakness against Greninja, Azumarill and Bisharp.
While Bisharp is stopped by keldeo you don't have other insurance against him, and the sucker punch spamming he has, especially if we consider how poor physical defenses stuff like Gardevoir and Thundurus have.
Assault Vest azumarill can switch in on Tyranitar and Keldeo, and then you don't have any safe switch against him, you're forced to sack one of your 'mons in order to weaken him.
Greninja is on the same boat, the problem is that he's much more faster, since your Talonflame isn't cb brave bird cannot ohko him, while hydro pump will 2hko even Gardevoir.
That, coupled by the fact that nobody in your team, except Excadrill in the sandstorm and Talonflame, adressed earlier, means that whenever Greninja comes in, he's gonna kill one of your team members.
Have you considered Assault Vest Azumarill with enough speed evs to outspeed opposing Azumarill and 2hko them with play rough over Keldeo? You still get a water resist, but now you can easily stop Greninja, and you get a chance against azumarill and bisharp.
After that I would suggest you to change Hp ice with Superpower, with two fairies in your team and Excadrill you don't need it any longer, give him 76 atk evs this way you'll 2hko Chansey with superpower after sr, while also smashing Latios with knock off.
To finish thing, I would suggest you to use Fast-tar with fire blast over ice beam, this way you'll be able to surprise kill opposing Bisharps
Hope this helped, good luck

Changes:

Thundurus @ Life orb
EVs: 56 Atk / 204 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
-Thunderbolt
-Superpower
-Knock Off
-Thunder Wave

Azumarill @Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 234 Atk / 24 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Play Rough
- Waterfall

Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
EVs: 248 HP /8 Def / 252 Spe
Relaxed Nature
-Stone Edge
-Fire Blast
-Pursuit
-Stealth Rocks

Good luck!

Yeah, I run Air Balloon over Life orb since Sand Rush Excadrill can easily run through this team.
In all honesty, Excadrill in general is a problem once your balloon is popped. ScarfDrill can do just as well as long as sand isn't up and your balloon is popped.

Hey, cool team you've got here!
However I see a big weakness against Greninja, Azumarill and Bisharp.
While Bisharp is stopped by keldeo you don't have other insurance against him, and the sucker punch spamming he has, especially if we consider how poor physical defenses stuff like Gardevoir and Thundurus have.
Assault Vest azumarill can switch in on Tyranitar and Keldeo, and then you don't have any safe switch against him, you're forced to sack one of your 'mons in order to weaken him.
Greninja is on the same boat, the problem is that he's much more faster, since your Talonflame isn't cb brave bird cannot ohko him, while hydro pump will 2hko even Gardevoir.
That, coupled by the fact that nobody in your team, except Excadrill in the sandstorm and Talonflame, adressed earlier, means that whenever Greninja comes in, he's gonna kill one of your team members.
Have you considered Assault Vest Azumarill with enough speed evs to outspeed opposing Azumarill and 2hko them with play rough over Keldeo? You still get a water resist, but now you can easily stop Greninja, and you get a chance against azumarill and bisharp.
After that I would suggest you to change Hp ice with Superpower, with two fairies in your team and Excadrill you don't need it any longer, give him 76 atk evs this way you'll 2hko Chansey with superpower after sr, while also smashing Latios with knock off.
To finish thing, I would suggest you to use Fast-tar with fire blast over ice beam, this way you'll be able to surprise kill opposing Bisharps
Hope this helped, good luck

Changes:

Thundurus @ Life orb
EVs: 56 Atk / 204 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
-Thunderbolt
-Superpower
-Knock Off
-Thunder Wave

Azumarill @Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 234 Atk / 24 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Play Rough
- Waterfall

Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
EVs: 248 HP /8 Def / 252 Spe
Relaxed Nature
-Stone Edge
-Fire Blast
-Pursuit
-Stealth Rocks

Good luck!
Hey there, Thanks for the suggestions! The one thing that I may not try out is fast T-tar since I want to run physically defensive to check Birdspam a lot better. Will try fire blast though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)