DespotarsSuspect sent out RMT!

Hey everyone, I figured it was time to make a RMT with this team!
I've been playing a lot of suspect, and I've been using this team.
It's accomplished some stuff, but not to much.
I've beat a few people pretty high up there on the leaderboard.
#1, All the Way, #5, Daddy's Home, #6, Temper Tant, #7 1338, etc.
I've only reached 1350 CRE so far, but I'm still climbing steadily.
So, lets get started.

Team building

I started off knowing a wanted a agility Lucario and Charge Beam Jolteon in this team, and that I wanted it to be Heavy Offense.

So what can work with both these? I wanted something that could status the opponents as well..

Parahax DD Gyarados should do the trick. I works well with Lucario and Jolteon, and spreads Para around. Now I was thinking about something to help Gyarados the the general ground weakness of Jolteon and Lucario, as well as being a good sweeper.

Dragon Dance Nite springs to mind. With the Mence-less suspect metagame, Dragonite has become a much better sweeper then before.
Then I needed something fast and powerful with good typing.

Swords Dance Infernape out to do the trick! This team looks pretty good so far, but what to use as a lead? The obvious choice for a HO team was Dual Screen Azelf.

This lead can really help any other of my sweepers set up.

So the finished team is:

If you care to notice, you may think the 3 ground weakness's is a problem, but with 3 immunity's it really isn't. so, lets go into detail.

Azelf @ Light Clay
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock
Duel screen Azelf is the perfect lead for a Heavy Offense team.
I start with Light Screen or Reflect depending on the oppenents lead,
then Stealth rock, then put up the other screen. If I'm still alive at this point,
I generally use explosion, unless the opponent resist's/is immune,
in which case I switch.
Moveset analysis:
Reflect and Light screen are the best was to start for a Heavy Offense team.
They allow you to switch in something that would normally take 50% or so,
and setup on them.
Like any offensive team, this one takes pleasure in having Stealth Rock up,
but not as impotent to me as screens.
Explosion takes out a lot, including threads such as Blissy.
This set doesn't have any other attacking moves, so this move is key.

Gyarados (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Bounce
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
Gyarados is a great member on any Heavy Offensive team,
especially with a partner like Jolteon. Once you rid the opponents team of counters,
and get a Dragon Dance, this thing is nigh unstopable.
It's ability, intimidate, also adds some interesting charisma to the team.
Switching in to a physical attacker pretty much ensures a switch, allowing to you DD.
Moveset analysis:
Dragon Dance is obviously the key move in this set, allowing it to be faster and more powerful
then the majority of the Metagame.
Waterfall gets STAB, and along with Bounce gets great coverage. This combo can take out a lot,
not to mention Bounce can sometimes para stuff like Flygon that couldn't be thunderwaved.
Thunderwave ruins a lot of Gyarados's counters, if you can predict a switch you can ruin un-resttalking rotom,
without it, this set has to many counters to be really effective.

Infernape (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/253 SAtk
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SpA)
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Mach Punch
- Close Combat
Swords Dance Ape is one sweet son of a monkey. (Pun intended.)
Infernape cause's a lot of switch's, on things like Shaymin (I have been seeing a lot of good players use them..)
Tyranitar, Bibarel (Smogcast joke #1) etc. I just Swords Dance during the switch, and nothing besides scarfers, gengar or Starmie can stop me.
Moveset Analysis:
Swords Dance is for the obvious setup necessary on any Heavy Offense team,
A +2 flare blitz gets to 180, with STAB, which OHKO's most things that don't resist.
For those things that resist, with base 180 Close combat.
And then I have Stone edge, Which takes out Dragons such as Dragonite, and also gets Gyarados.

Lucario (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Agility
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Crunch
Agility Lucario. You have to be, like, a bad enough to to use one of these. (Smogcast joke #2!)
After a agility, it's only real counters are Swampert, Suicune, and Gyarados. (So basically bulky waters)
This is one of my favorite sweepers, if you manage to get in a agilty, you almost always get 1 or 2 kills.
Moveset analysis:
Agility for the insane +2 Spe, which lets it outspeed basically anything,
Close Combat hits a lot, like Tyranitar, Other Lucario, etc.
Ice Punch takes out Breloom, hits Celebi hard, OHKO's standard switch in's such as Gliscor and Scarfed Flygon,
then crunch takes out Ghost types such as Gengar and Rotom forms.

Jolteon (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Charge Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Shadow Ball
This Jolteon is insane. I personally always considered Jolteon as a pretty bad Pokemon.
I always found it to frail to do anything. But this set really utalize's it.
Once you get +1 or +2 with Charge beam, not much can stand up to you.
Moveset analysis:
I try to switch into something that doesn't resist electric, and has less then 25% left,
revenge kill it with Charge Beam, and get a boost. After that Thunderbolt can OHKO Heatran, Suicune, obviously Gyarados, etc,
HP Grass takes care of Swampert, who is otherwise a 100% counter,
And shadow ball takes out Rotom forms.

Dragonite (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 HP/52 Atk/204 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
This is a spin-off of the standard Dragon Dance set,
I found I was losing to things like Celebi, Breloom, and Skarm,
so I took off roost and added Fire Punch. It really works awesome. It can OHKO Breloom after a DD,
It can 2HKO Celebi, 2HKO Skarmary after SR. This set can take out 2-3 pokemon, and lum berry is really great too.
I know it looks weird to have Lum Berry without Outrage, but it makes setting up a lot easier.
Moveset analysis:
Dragon Dance is one of my favorite stat boosting moves in pokemon.
the +1 Spe, and +1 Atk make it a crazy sweeper.
After getting a boost, Dragon Claw gets 180 power after STAB, which is pretty good.
Earthquake gets good coverage, taking out Lucario, Infernape, etc.
And fire punch takes our any Grass/Steel types who was to switch in.

Hey guys, thanks for reading all this! Hopefully you enjoyed reading about my team,
even if you think it's crappy. Please, rate! I want to know what should be changed,
what should be switched. Thanks guys.
Despotar, out.

Are you using a nasty Plot ape or swords dance, because you mention swords dance several times, all of your moves a physically, but yet in your analysis it sayts Nasty Plot and in your moveset it also says Nasty Plot. Are you trying to faint a nasty plot set.

Good looking team. Just a few minor changes that I feel would help.

You have a bit of a Gyarados weakness yourself. If an opposing Gyarados is Jolly natured, your entire team is getting KO'd by Waterfall, Stone Edge, and Earthquake. For this reason, I recommend dropping Thunderwave on your own Gyarados for Stone Edge, just so you can actually do something in return instead of giving opposing Gyarados' free switch-ins. Sure, you miss out on being able to catch Scarf Rotom-H with paralysis, but most Rotom-H are indeed RestTalk, making Thunderwave a wasted slot. You'd much rather just DD and smack them with Waterfall, or go to Jolteon on the predicted Scarf Thunderbolt.

I'd say Charge Beam is a wasted slot on Jolteon simply because the suspect ladder is primarily stallish teams that focus on entry-hazards and Pursuit-trapping. For this reason, I'd say Baton Pass is invaluable for you and should be run instead. You gain valuable information scouting an opponents team and also avoid being KO'd by things like Tyranitar Pursuit. It acts as a sort of mini U-Turn without dealing damage, allowing you to go to your best counter instead.

If you're using Lum on Dragonite, there is no way in hell you need Dragon Claw. Not only is it less base-power than Outrage, but you have ways of dealing with all status effects. Lum should be used to allow you to Outrage repeatedly even after initially getting confused, however you're not using it for that. Either get rid of Lum and run Leftovers with Dragon Claw, or run Lum and Outrage together.

Azure Demon

Ok hey buddy let me make this short and sweet you need a spinner 2 of your pokemon are hit for neutral damage by stealth rocks and 2 are weak to SR also

I think you may want to consider something beside lucario for a ghost resist other wise i can for see an hp ice gengar wrecking this team.
It will do either massive damage or if infernape is low on health maybe even sweeping. so it would be nice to see you throw in a spdef bulky poke because you can't only rely on azelfs screens to pull you threw.

also please explain why you have lum berry on dragonite with no outrage?
all in all a nice team 8.9/10 great job old friend

I actually just battled you like an hour ago?

The team looks good, but you have trouble with specs Jolteon after your own one goes down (which is highly possible with Life Orb and no recovery).
Life Orb Gengar can also do a number to your team, but I guess you can revenge it with Jolteon.
You could try putting Scarftar over Infernape and see how it works. It will take down Gengar easily (beware of Focus Blast/Substitute on the switch), and handles Jolteon quite well.

Also like ToF said, I don't see how Thunder Wave is useful on Gyarados. I would change the moveset to the DD/Waterfall/Earthquake/Stone Edge. This set also helps you a bit with Empoleon too (who after an Agility can also do heavy damage to your team).

I'm sorry, not a real rater here but the team just caught my attention because I battled it today.

Good luck!

Hey, thanks for the great rates, guys. I switching Dragon Claw to outrage, and TW to Stone edge,
but I have a question. If I were to switch Luke, I was thinking I would switch to Jirachi,
however, which set would be more useful?
Duel screen, which could really help the team out, or sub-calm mind, which makes a great sweeper.
Also, something I've noticed after played 50+ match's with his team is that every opponent seems to have a Starmie, that always manage to ruin Infernape. How should I stop this, or should I switch Infernape? if so, to what?
EDIT: GonE, out of curiosity, who won? :P

Azure Demon

to be honest id switch it out with a bronzong because it would function pretty well with your team being able to dodge eq's 4x resist psychic moves. plus if you wanted you can move stealth rocks to brozong freeing up a move slot for azelf so it won't have to explode as it's only attack option also resist the brave bird honchkrow who would seem to give your entire team trouble and that includes jolteon. and his only weakness fire (barring mold breaker ground moves) is covered by 2 of your own pokemon

I tested out Bronzong (I better get to suspect vote for all this playing -_-)
for about ten games, I like it, but it doesn't work that great with with team, seeing as it's HO and bronzong is more stall-ish.. Any other suggestions?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)