ORAS OU Diamonds Are Forever!

Greetings, Smogon community. Today, I introduce to you my Diamonds Are Forever team. This is a team I decided to make at the beginning of the Greninja suspect test. My team here consists of Pokemon who work together harmoniously. However, after some test playing, there are some weaknesses that must be addressed. In summary, I present my team to you, so you may help make my team more solid, stronger, powerful!

Looking at Mega Diancie, I just loved its mega ability magic bounce and fantastic base 160 special and physical stat. Seeing as how Diancie has potential to sweep late game, I wanted to build a solid team around her. So, that's where teammates come in hand.

I chose magnezone because magnezone can take care of mons who threaten her, most notably steel and water types. I use magnet pull to trap pesky steel types bar heatran. However, magnezone falls victim to ground types and fighting types. So, I decided I wanted a ground resist, especially a grass type to threaten water types.

I decided I partner up breloom with these two because they seem to cover each others weakness nicely. Any fire types shot towards breloom and Diancie can resit it. Any ground moves used and breloom can easily eat it and retaliate back. All in all, these 3 seem to forge a decent core. However, I felt that this team is lacking wall breaking capabilities.

Looking through the list of OU, Kyurem caught my eye. Use the right nature and slap on a life orb, and this thing can hit a lot of mons very hard for 55%+ damage some of the time. I felt that with water and grass scaring diancie, I can switch kyurem into those resisted attacks, and hit back hard.

Still eager for raw strength, I decided to add another wall breaker. I chose Keldeo. Keldo is known for its amazing wall breaking capabilities. However, I needed a revenge killer of a sort, so I decided to scarf Keldeo to out speed faster threats. Seeing that Keldeo is kinda weak on the non invested defensive side, I needed a pokemon who can pivot in to resisted attacks.

I chose Skarmory. I also needed someone to set hazards to wear down my opponent's team. Skarm has nice key resistances and is durable in my opinion. He's a great pokemon to phase out set up threats, too. All in all, this is the team.

Summary: Nature is Hasty to have a speed nature. The EVs are a smogon detail. Pretty straightforward.

Moonblast: Moonblast receives STAB. Thanks to its unique ability, I can have a chance to drop pokemon who rely on their special attacking power. Moonblast from Mega Diancie is really powerful, hitting every mon in the tier hard, bar steel types. Moonblast easily dents a lot of its counters too, like rotom-w, and belly drum azu.

Diamond Storm: This thing is a God send. It's an amazing 100 BP physical attack denting special walls really hard. The chance to receive a defensive boost is not that bad either. This thing is great for bird spam, and pink blobs, too. Nothing really wants to switch into this.

Earth Power: I have earth power for coverage. Sometimes, if the opponent chokes, and sends in their excadrill or heatran (bar air balloon) gets bopped hard! Pretty straightforward move, hitting mons who are weak to ground moves, when the opportunity arises.

Hidden Power Fire: I use this for steel types who like to think I'm going to click moonblast. Sometimes, the opponent likes to switch in their Scizor or Ferrothorn, predicting the moonblast, but gets hit hard with HP Fire. Great coverage move, in my opinion.

Summary: Good old fashion scarf zone. Magnet pull to trap annoying threats like ferrothorn, scizor, and skarm. As well as bisharp. Max speed and max special attack help ensure I hit things hard and out speed things like the lati twins. Faster scarfers with higher base speed do out speed, so I don't take the risk.

Volt Switch: I use this to scout sometimes, and allow some safe switch-ins for the other members on my team. Volt switch receives stab, and helps me escape other magnet pull HP Fire Magnezone. Volt switch also helps create some momentum for me, which this team appreciates very much.

Hidden Power Fire: HP Fire is pretty much here to eliminate ferrothorn, bisharp, and scizor (bar superpower). If these 3 main threats aren't specially defensive, then I can breath easier because I usually get off plenty damage off of them. That's pretty much it for this move, simply eliminate the steel types who give diancie nightmares.

Flash Cannon: Flash Cannon is a cool move. Hits fairies and rock types for super effective damage, plus STAB, equals fun. Usually, opponents who aren't thinking long term like to switch in their ground immunity assuming I'll use an electric move, but gets hit hard with flash cannon. This move serves well late game too, against dragon types, denting them decently.

Thunderbolt: Reliable thunderbolt. Once I've dealt with threats who resisted FC or immune to electric attacks, then I can safely spam thunderbolt hitting a lot of pokemon hard, bar specially defensive mons (chansey in particular). Great move against water types, and keldeo, who does not appreciate a STAB t-bolt.

Summary: This set here takes on a more defensive role. I run toxic orb to take advantage of poison heal. My EVs are mostly invested into HP and SpD to serve as a specially bulky pokemon, who can take on threats like keldeo and thundurs more sufficiently. This is something pretty interesting -
(252 SpA Thundurus Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Breloom: 126-150 (33.8 - 46.2%) -- 99.8% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Poison Heal) Although I might die in 3 turns, I can pressure my opponent with leech seed or spore, gaining some momentum. Breloom is also excellent in absorbing non attacks (para, w-o-w, etc.)

Leech Seed: Leech is the move of choice, half the time. I use leech seed to wear down the opponent, have the stay in and reduce their health, or force a switch. Leech seed in combination with poison heal is a great form of recovery, sustaining health for breloom to live longer and accomplish something.

Drain Punch: STAB. My only means of attack. Fortunately, paired with leech seed and poison heal, breloom actually becomes annoying because he's always restoring his health above 65% most of the time. Drain punch is good too, against the likes of chansey, mega gyardos, dark and steel types in general. Can probably beat mega slowbro 1v1, bar psyshock.

Protect: Protect helps ensure I activate my toxic orb safely, avoiding any status moves from my opponent. Protect also serves me in scouting my opponent. Lately, I've learned that it's important and smart to protect turn 1 because you never know what the opponent might carry, like explosion or a status move like t-wave. Protect is just an all around great move for this set because it helps get health back freely.

Spore: Gotta love spore. Spore is here to simply put a pokemon to sleep, bar grass types and overcoat. Spore can help in many ways, preventing my opponent from gaining momentum, or setting up a dragon dance. Spore is excellent in that it can change the tide of the game, in a heart beat, in my opinion.

Summary: My decent wall breaker. Lonely nature helps boost my attack and take on special attacks that are grass, water, or electric. My speed helps me out speed a physically defensive lando, and OHKO him with Ice Beam. Kyurem-B is here to switch in on any incoming grass, water, or electric attacks. He can resist it taking light damage and retaliate back with my move of choice. I just have to predict correctly, and everything is fine. My life orb helps boosts my attack making me 2HKO Chansey with FB.

Dragon Claw: I run dragon claw over outrage because I don't like locking myself into a fairy immunity. It'll be very disappointing letting Clef to come in and set up with calm mind. Dragon claw hits things very hard, even physically defensive rotom. Usually does like 65%+ to rotom. Dragon claw is great against slower dragons like Goodra.

Fusion Bolt: This move is here because it does wonders. Hits the whole tier hard minus ground types. Fusion Bolt takes care of keldeo, water types in general actually. Steel types who come in on the switch don't appreciate FB either. Fusion Bolt is great coverage and slowbro thinks twice switching in. Actually helps force him out if he isn't boosted.

Ice Beam: Ice beam is for coverage, as well. If i didn't run life orb, I can bluff FB, and then when I sense lando is coming in on the switch, I send him to the grave with Ice beam. Just a great move to have against pesky grass types and ground types.

Iron Head: I chose iron head over earth power because I felt like I needed to wear down fairies long term. If they feel like switching in on my dragon claw, I can surprise them with a strong iron head, usually an OHKO. I felt like since my team is fairy weak, I needed a super effective move to deal with them. Iron Head fits the bill. The flinch chance is very fortunate, too... not for my opponent though.

Summary: Max speed and max SpA help me out speed everything that isn't boosted or scarf. My timid helps me ensure I out speed everything minus scarf and boosted mons. I run choice scarf because I needed a revenge killer who can kill some threats that are weakened enough. Keldeo fits this role nicely on this team. Keldeo is also my bisharp check, forcing him out, allowing me to spam my move of choice.

Icy Wind: Icy Wind helps me lower my opponent's pokemon speed, paving the way for Kyurem black to hit something for a nice chunk of damage. Icy Wind isn't the strongest though, it can't even OHKO latios. But, it's here to ensure my team can out speed faster threats, because my team is fairly slow. I tend to spam this more for the nice speed drops, so I can gain momentum.

Scald: Scald is here to basically hit stuff hard. I chose scald over hydro pump because I don't like hydro missing and hydro only has 8 PP I believe. I can easily get stalled out in worst case scenarios, especially against a trapper or something. I like scald because it hits fairly decent, and has a chance to burn. If i get lucky, physical attackers who get burned have a tougher time, because their attack is reduced. All around great move to spam.

Hidden Power Flying: This move is questionable. I have it because I needed a way to deal with venu and fighting types. Doesn't do a lot to these threats but it's here. I honestly don't know what move to use in this slot. Help.

Secret Sword: The best move in the game against that ugly pink blob. This move is great against steel types, especially against ttar and bisharp. Chansey is also afraid of taking this hit because it does a lot! Pretty handy move against specially defensive walls, like crocune and the like.

Summary: Standard 252/252 spread. Bold nature to max out my physical bulk. 252 HP to allow me to roost twice, to gain my sturdy again, I think. Honestly, this mon was the only one I had in mind as my stealth rocker. I don't even run defog in fear of fighting types and venu, so I run brave bird to deal with those threats. I chose rocky helmet, so I can potentially brake a sash and wear my opponent down, to help aid my team in defeating that mon later with ease. Skarm is hear to take resisted hits, he's my punching bag.

Roost: Pretty self explanatory. Roost up whenever I'm low on health, especially since I have no other means of recovery. I have to be careful though, because if my opponent can predict correctly, I fall victim to EQ. Roost is good though, because it can help intact my sturdy ability, aiding me in preventing OHKOs.

Whirlwind: I have this over other moves because I like to phase out set up threats, or mons behind subs. Whirlwind is an excellent combination with Stealth Rock, racking up overtime damage to my opponent, wearing them down, so diancie can sweep late game.

Stealth Rock: My hazards. Helps deal damage to t-flame and thundurs. Everyone at that. It helps me secure some knockouts too, once my opponent has suffered decent damage from taking SR. Great move that is a must have in my opinion.

Brave Bird: I have brave bird to deal with mega venu and fighting types in general. I feel like my team lacks the power to deal with these threats, so I rely on Skarm to hit them with a super effective STAB, paving the way for my other teammates to have an easier time in the battle.

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Shiny: Yes
Hasty Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power Fire

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Fire
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Leech Seed
- Drain Punch
- Protect
- Spore

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Icy Wind
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power Flying

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind
- Brave Bird
- Roost

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 56 SpA / 200 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Iron Head

Diamonds are forever. I hope you enjoyed my RMT. I hope that you can find it in your heart, a fren, to help make this team better and help me achieve #1 on the ladder with this team, by suggesting better sets or replacements. Be a fren, do the right thing, and rate! Thank you for your time, it is greatly appreciated! And, thanks to Smogon for being a lovely community!

You have a Kyurem but not Spinner or Defogger, Rocks damage with Life Orb recoil will wear him down quite a bit after a while and really limit your wall-breaking capabilities. Skarmory is also a very passive mon to run on an offensive team, as far as suitable Rock setters go he's not the best option for you. My recommendation would be to replace Skarm with Heatran and Kyurem with Latios. Heatran lets you complete your F/W/G core nicely as well as hold a more offensive presence on your team that Skarm completely lacks; this does make you very susceptible to EQ however, so Ferro might be a better option, he can set up Rocks, play the Leech Seed Protect game, check Mega Gard, etc. Latios also gives you Defog support (not that it's really needed now) as well as letting you plough through threats like Mega Venu, non-Scarfed Keldeo, taking massive chunks out of Rotom, he fulfils his purpose very nicely, he also keeps you from being EQ spam bait.
Also, I'm really not convinced Breloom works for your team. Chesnaught pulls off that set arguably better even without Poison Heal, there's Ferro too, he seems a bit like a redundant option. I would suggest maybe something like Rotom-W to form a nice Volt-Switch core, birdspam wall, and to act as a more reliable pivot than Mag. He forms a great defensive core with Ferro too.
Lastly, you have no set-up sweeper or anything, nothing to put hard pressure on your opponents and get a clean sweep. I'd say run Diancie as a CM or Rock Polish set. It allows you to punch much harder holes and clean up late-game much more effectively. Also, don't run -Def natures on mixed attackers since most priority is physical and you want to take those hits better, -SpD on mixed.
Hope this helps.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 192 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Flash Cannon
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Earthquake
- Defog / Roost

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split

Diancie @ Diancite
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Calm Mind

Diancie @ Diancite
EVs: 82 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Rash Nature
- Rock Polish
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power

Last edited:

Pent

dumb broad
Just like Der Twist mentioned, you really need a Spinner/Defogger to the team. I would try Lati@s in place of it. I actually feel that Latias would be the better choice here so you can heal up MDiancie or another Pokemon easily. It also gives you some slight bulk.

Just a nitpick, by you spelled Lonely wrong in BKyurem's ScreenCap. (Lonley)

It truly bother's me that you're not running Calm Mind or Rock Polish on Diancie, which makes it good in the first place. I would try either of Der Twist's sets.

Honestly, I don't feel that you need two Scarfers to one team. I would change Mag to Magneton, or Make Keldeo a specs set. Magneton is a bit faster than Magnezone, and if you're trying to outspeed, Magneton is by far the better choice. I would also go with Magnezone being a Specs set so it hits a lot harder. If you don't change Keldeo, I would run Hydro Pump > Scald for better damage with a Scarf.

Since you have a Mixed Kyurem paired with LO, I would run Earth Power > Iron Head so you can get rid of opposing Magnezone and Char-Xs. Iron Head doesn't OHKO Clefable, which is the most Popular fairy currently, so I feel Iron. Head is a let down. Here's a calc.

252+ Atk Life Orb Teravolt Kyurem-B Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 160 Def Clefable: 322-382 (81.7 - 96.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Hope it helps man.

Latias @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 Sp Atk / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- Healing Wish

Greetings, Smogon community. Today, I introduce to you my Diamonds Are Forever team. This is a team I decided to make at the beginning of the Greninja suspect test. My team here consists of Pokemon who work together harmoniously. However, after some test playing, there are some weaknesses that must be addressed. In summary, I present my team to you, so you may help make my team more solid, stronger, powerful!

Looking at Mega Diancie, I just loved its mega ability magic bounce and fantastic base 160 special and physical stat. Seeing as how Diancie has potential to sweep late game, I wanted to build a solid team around her. So, that's where teammates come in hand.

I chose magnezone because magnezone can take care of mons who threaten her, most notably steel and water types. I use magnet pull to trap pesky steel types bar heatran. However, magnezone falls victim to ground types and fighting types. So, I decided I wanted a ground resist, especially a grass type to threaten water types.

I decided I partner up breloom with these two because they seem to cover each others weakness nicely. Any fire types shot towards breloom and Diancie can resit it. Any ground moves used and breloom can easily eat it and retaliate back. All in all, these 3 seem to forge a decent core. However, I felt that this team is lacking wall breaking capabilities.

Looking through the list of OU, Kyurem caught my eye. Use the right nature and slap on a life orb, and this thing can hit a lot of mons very hard for 55%+ damage some of the time. I felt that with water and grass scaring diancie, I can switch kyurem into those resisted attacks, and hit back hard.

Still eager for raw strength, I decided to add another wall breaker. I chose Keldeo. Keldo is known for its amazing wall breaking capabilities. However, I needed a revenge killer of a sort, so I decided to scarf Keldeo to out speed faster threats. Seeing that Keldeo is kinda weak on the non invested defensive side, I needed a pokemon who can pivot in to resisted attacks.

I chose Skarmory. I also needed someone to set hazards to wear down my opponent's team. Skarm has nice key resistances and is durable in my opinion. He's a great pokemon to phase out set up threats, too. All in all, this is the team.

Summary: Nature is Hasty to have a speed nature. The EVs are a smogon detail. Pretty straightforward.

Moonblast: Moonblast receives STAB. Thanks to its unique ability, I can have a chance to drop pokemon who rely on their special attacking power. Moonblast from Mega Diancie is really powerful, hitting every mon in the tier hard, bar steel types. Moonblast easily dents a lot of its counters too, like rotom-w, and belly drum azu.

Diamond Storm: This thing is a God send. It's an amazing 100 BP physical attack denting special walls really hard. The chance to receive a defensive boost is not that bad either. This thing is great for bird spam, and pink blobs, too. Nothing really wants to switch into this.

Earth Power: I have earth power for coverage. Sometimes, if the opponent chokes, and sends in their excadrill or heatran (bar air balloon) gets bopped hard! Pretty straightforward move, hitting mons who are weak to ground moves, when the opportunity arises.

Hidden Power Fire: I use this for steel types who like to think I'm going to click moonblast. Sometimes, the opponent likes to switch in their Scizor or Ferrothorn, predicting the moonblast, but gets hit hard with HP Fire. Great coverage move, in my opinion.

Summary: Good old fashion scarf zone. Magnet pull to trap annoying threats like ferrothorn, scizor, and skarm. As well as bisharp. Max speed and max special attack help ensure I hit things hard and out speed things like the lati twins. Faster scarfers with higher base speed do out speed, so I don't take the risk.

Volt Switch: I use this to scout sometimes, and allow some safe switch-ins for the other members on my team. Volt switch receives stab, and helps me escape other magnet pull HP Fire Magnezone. Volt switch also helps create some momentum for me, which this team appreciates very much.

Hidden Power Fire: HP Fire is pretty much here to eliminate ferrothorn, bisharp, and scizor (bar superpower). If these 3 main threats aren't specially defensive, then I can breath easier because I usually get off plenty damage off of them. That's pretty much it for this move, simply eliminate the steel types who give diancie nightmares.

Flash Cannon: Flash Cannon is a cool move. Hits fairies and rock types for super effective damage, plus STAB, equals fun. Usually, opponents who aren't thinking long term like to switch in their ground immunity assuming I'll use an electric move, but gets hit hard with flash cannon. This move serves well late game too, against dragon types, denting them decently.

Thunderbolt: Reliable thunderbolt. Once I've dealt with threats who resisted FC or immune to electric attacks, then I can safely spam thunderbolt hitting a lot of pokemon hard, bar specially defensive mons (chansey in particular). Great move against water types, and keldeo, who does not appreciate a STAB t-bolt.

Summary: This set here takes on a more defensive role. I run toxic orb to take advantage of poison heal. My EVs are mostly invested into HP and SpD to serve as a specially bulky pokemon, who can take on threats like keldeo and thundurs more sufficiently. This is something pretty interesting -
(252 SpA Thundurus Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Breloom: 126-150 (33.8 - 46.2%) -- 99.8% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Poison Heal) Although I might die in 3 turns, I can pressure my opponent with leech seed or spore, gaining some momentum. Breloom is also excellent in absorbing non attacks (para, w-o-w, etc.)

Leech Seed: Leech is the move of choice, half the time. I use leech seed to wear down the opponent, have the stay in and reduce their health, or force a switch. Leech seed in combination with poison heal is a great form of recovery, sustaining health for breloom to live longer and accomplish something.

Drain Punch: STAB. My only means of attack. Fortunately, paired with leech seed and poison heal, breloom actually becomes annoying because he's always restoring his health above 65% most of the time. Drain punch is good too, against the likes of chansey, mega gyardos, dark and steel types in general. Can probably beat mega slowbro 1v1, bar psyshock.

Protect: Protect helps ensure I activate my toxic orb safely, avoiding any status moves from my opponent. Protect also serves me in scouting my opponent. Lately, I've learned that it's important and smart to protect turn 1 because you never know what the opponent might carry, like explosion or a status move like t-wave. Protect is just an all around great move for this set because it helps get health back freely.

Spore: Gotta love spore. Spore is here to simply put a pokemon to sleep, bar grass types and overcoat. Spore can help in many ways, preventing my opponent from gaining momentum, or setting up a dragon dance. Spore is excellent in that it can change the tide of the game, in a heart beat, in my opinion.

Summary: My decent wall breaker. Lonely nature helps boost my attack and take on special attacks that are grass, water, or electric. My speed helps me out speed a physically defensive lando, and OHKO him with Ice Beam. Kyurem-B is here to switch in on any incoming grass, water, or electric attacks. He can resist it taking light damage and retaliate back with my move of choice. I just have to predict correctly, and everything is fine. My life orb helps boosts my attack making me 2HKO Chansey with FB.

Dragon Claw: I run dragon claw over outrage because I don't like locking myself into a fairy immunity. It'll be very disappointing letting Clef to come in and set up with calm mind. Dragon claw hits things very hard, even physically defensive rotom. Usually does like 65%+ to rotom. Dragon claw is great against slower dragons like Goodra.

Fusion Bolt: This move is here because it does wonders. Hits the whole tier hard minus ground types. Fusion Bolt takes care of keldeo, water types in general actually. Steel types who come in on the switch don't appreciate FB either. Fusion Bolt is great coverage and slowbro thinks twice switching in. Actually helps force him out if he isn't boosted.

Ice Beam: Ice beam is for coverage, as well. If i didn't run life orb, I can bluff FB, and then when I sense lando is coming in on the switch, I send him to the grave with Ice beam. Just a great move to have against pesky grass types and ground types.

Iron Head: I chose iron head over earth power because I felt like I needed to wear down fairies long term. If they feel like switching in on my dragon claw, I can surprise them with a strong iron head, usually an OHKO. I felt like since my team is fairy weak, I needed a super effective move to deal with them. Iron Head fits the bill. The flinch chance is very fortunate, too... not for my opponent though.

Summary: Max speed and max SpA help me out speed everything that isn't boosted or scarf. My timid helps me ensure I out speed everything minus scarf and boosted mons. I run choice scarf because I needed a revenge killer who can kill some threats that are weakened enough. Keldeo fits this role nicely on this team. Keldeo is also my bisharp check, forcing him out, allowing me to spam my move of choice.

Icy Wind: Icy Wind helps me lower my opponent's pokemon speed, paving the way for Kyurem black to hit something for a nice chunk of damage. Icy Wind isn't the strongest though, it can't even OHKO latios. But, it's here to ensure my team can out speed faster threats, because my team is fairly slow. I tend to spam this more for the nice speed drops, so I can gain momentum.

Scald: Scald is here to basically hit stuff hard. I chose scald over hydro pump because I don't like hydro missing and hydro only has 8 PP I believe. I can easily get stalled out in worst case scenarios, especially against a trapper or something. I like scald because it hits fairly decent, and has a chance to burn. If i get lucky, physical attackers who get burned have a tougher time, because their attack is reduced. All around great move to spam.

Hidden Power Flying: This move is questionable. I have it because I needed a way to deal with venu and fighting types. Doesn't do a lot to these threats but it's here. I honestly don't know what move to use in this slot. Help.

Secret Sword: The best move in the game against that ugly pink blob. This move is great against steel types, especially against ttar and bisharp. Chansey is also afraid of taking this hit because it does a lot! Pretty handy move against specially defensive walls, like crocune and the like.

Summary: Standard 252/252 spread. Bold nature to max out my physical bulk. 252 HP to allow me to roost twice, to gain my sturdy again, I think. Honestly, this mon was the only one I had in mind as my stealth rocker. I don't even run defog in fear of fighting types and venu, so I run brave bird to deal with those threats. I chose rocky helmet, so I can potentially brake a sash and wear my opponent down, to help aid my team in defeating that mon later with ease. Skarm is hear to take resisted hits, he's my punching bag.

Roost: Pretty self explanatory. Roost up whenever I'm low on health, especially since I have no other means of recovery. I have to be careful though, because if my opponent can predict correctly, I fall victim to EQ. Roost is good though, because it can help intact my sturdy ability, aiding me in preventing OHKOs.

Whirlwind: I have this over other moves because I like to phase out set up threats, or mons behind subs. Whirlwind is an excellent combination with Stealth Rock, racking up overtime damage to my opponent, wearing them down, so diancie can sweep late game.

Stealth Rock: My hazards. Helps deal damage to t-flame and thundurs. Everyone at that. It helps me secure some knockouts too, once my opponent has suffered decent damage from taking SR. Great move that is a must have in my opinion.

Brave Bird: I have brave bird to deal with mega venu and fighting types in general. I feel like my team lacks the power to deal with these threats, so I rely on Skarm to hit them with a super effective STAB, paving the way for my other teammates to have an easier time in the battle.

Diancie @ Diancite
Hasty Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power Fire

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Fire
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Leech Seed
- Drain Punch
- Protect
- Spore

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Icy Wind
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power Flying

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind
- Brave Bird
- Roost

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Lonely Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Iron Head

Diamonds are forever. I hope you enjoyed my RMT. I hope that you can find it in your heart, a fren, to help make this team better and help me achieve #1 on the ladder with this team, by suggesting better sets or replacements. Be a fren, do the right thing, and rate! Thank you for your time, it is greatly appreciated! And, thanks to Smogon for being a lovely community!
Very good team , but I'll use Rock Polish on Diancie Mega and not HP Fire because you have Zone to trap Steels.

You have a Kyurem but not Spinner or Defogger, Rocks damage with Life Orb recoil will wear him down quite a bit after a while and really limit your wall-breaking capabilities. Skarmory is also a very passive mon to run on an offensive team, as far as suitable Rock setters go he's not the best option for you. My recommendation would be to replace Skarm with Heatran and Kyurem with Latios. Heatran lets you complete your F/W/G core nicely as well as hold a more offensive presence on your team that Skarm completely lacks; this does make you very susceptible to EQ however, so Ferro might be a better option, he can set up Rocks, play the Leech Seed Protect game, check Mega Gard, etc. Latios also gives you Defog support (not that it's really needed now) as well as letting you plough through threats like Mega Venu, non-Scarfed Keldeo, taking massive chunks out of Rotom, he fulfils his purpose very nicely, he also keeps you from being EQ spam bait.
Also, I'm really not convinced Breloom works for your team. Chesnaught pulls off that set arguably better even without Poison Heal, there's Ferro too, he seems a bit like a redundant option. I would suggest maybe something like Rotom-W to form a nice Volt-Switch core, birdspam wall, and to act as a more reliable pivot than Mag. He forms a great defensive core with Ferro too.
Lastly, you have no set-up sweeper or anything, nothing to put hard pressure on your opponents and get a clean sweep. I'd say run Diancie as a CM or Rock Polish set. It allows you to punch much harder holes and clean up late-game much more effectively. Also, don't run -Def natures on mixed attackers since most priority is physical and you want to take those hits better, -SpD on mixed.
Hope this helps.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 192 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Flash Cannon
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Earthquake
- Defog / Roost

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split

Diancie @ Diancite
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Calm Mind

Diancie @ Diancite
EVs: 82 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Rash Nature
- Rock Polish
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
Hey twist, thanks for the rate. As far as kyruem, he does get worn down and only lasts 2 turns most the time. I am going to miss his pure hitting power though.

Heatran and Latios sound like a good change, and they make a nice core together, covering each other's weaknesses. I'll make the change when I get on my PC.

As far as a set up diancie, I'm not sure whether to run calm mind or rock polish. With calm mind I can hit things harder, but I'll lack some speed causing scenarios for me to get revenged kill more likely. As far as rock polish, I can boost my speed to outrun faster threats but I'm afraid I might not secure knockouts. Maybe my initial game plan should be weaken or defeat DIancie threats, then sweep late game.

I need to practice the two sets and see what fits better. Thanks again.

Just like Der Twist mentioned, you really need a Spinner/Defogger to the team. I would try Lati@s in place of it. I actually feel that Latias would be the better choice here so you can heal up MDiancie or another Pokemon easily. It also gives you some slight bulk.

Just a nitpick, by you spelled Lonely wrong in BKyurem's ScreenCap. (Lonley)

It truly bother's me that you're not running Calm Mind or Rock Polish on Diancie, which makes it good in the first place. I would try either of Der Twist's sets.

Honestly, I don't feel that you need two Scarfers to one team. I would change Mag to Magneton, or Make Keldeo a specs set. Magneton is a bit faster than Magnezone, and if you're trying to outspeed, Magneton is by far the better choice. I would also go with Magnezone being a Specs set so it hits a lot harder. If you don't change Keldeo, I would run Hydro Pump > Scald for better damage with a Scarf.

Since you have a Mixed Kyurem paired with LO, I would run Earth Power > Iron Head so you can get rid of opposing Magnezone and Char-Xs. Iron Head doesn't OHKO Clefable, which is the most Popular fairy currently, so I feel Iron. Head is a let down. Here's a calc.

252+ Atk Life Orb Teravolt Kyurem-B Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 160 Def Clefable: 322-382 (81.7 - 96.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Hope it helps man.

Latias @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 Sp Atk / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- Healing Wish
Hey sparky, thanks for the rate. Firstly, sorry for my grammatical mistake. I rushed through this, because my wife wanted to hang out lol.

As far as latias, I'm liking her more to a certain extent because she can restore a member, most notably diancie. However, I feel she lacks the raw power to dent holes, unlike her, latios can cause some damage to the opposition. I'm still undecided and I'll need to practice the suggestions and find what works best.

Also, at twist, I like Breloom a bit because he can handle ground types finely, minus garchomp. I'm still liking him for the team. I don't know how I feel about magnetron because it feels to me he may be more wore down, as opposed to magnezone who can stomach some hits better. Specs is an option tho but the I lose a revenge killing scenario. Let's see when I practice all mentioned suggestions. I might replace HP flying with hydro since Im going to add a lati twin to the team. Again, thanks for the rate. :]

Last edited:
You've got the start of a nice team there. A few tweaks and changes from just looking it over. Scarf Magezone really isn't the best fit on your team. A Specs set allows it to deal more damage. If you feel a Scarf set is what you need, Magneton may be a better fit. It's faster and offers a similar level of power to Zone (120 SpA vs 130 SpA). Kyurem-B should be running Outrage over Dragon Claw, because the extra power breaks more targets. Being locked into a move sucks, but it's a necessary evil. I don't like the Breloom set much. Yes, it's very specially bulky, but it's underwhelming in my opinion. I think Clefable would be a better fit there. It still checks Thundurus, in addition to giving you SR support. Unaware vs Magic Guard is a preference thing really. Magic Guard lets it absorb status like Breloom, Unaware checks set-up sweepers. Rocks on Clefable allows you to put Defog on Skarm, fixing that issue.

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Fire
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

Magneton @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power Fire

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Lonely Nature
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Iron Head

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard / Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Fire Blast / Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Whirlwind
- Brave Bird
- Roost

Again, there are arguably better things to do Breloom's job. If you really want to stick with a set like that then I'd at least say give Chesnaught a go. Does fundamentally the same thing minus Spore in a more defensive package. I'll be shocked if you're disappointed. Also, I suggest physically defensive to better handle Lando and because Heatran is specially defensive so a physically bulky pair is advised, but you could switch to special bulk if that's your thing, but I wouldn't advise it.

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Roar
- Leech Seed
- Spiky Shield
- Drain Punch

As suggested by Hummingbird SS, you should run Rock Polish > Hidden Power Fire. HP Fire's only niche is to hit Ferrothorn and Scizor, and the former is only 2HKOed by HP Fire, while the latter is able to pull up a Bullet Punch. It needs decent prediction skills for HP Fire to function properly. Also, missing the chance to speed tie with other base 110s (such as the Lati twins, Mega-Gallade, etc.) is somewhat nasty. Anyways, you already have Magnezone to trap steels. Run a 16 Atk / 240 SpA / 252 Spe with a Naive nature. 16 Attack EVs guarantees OHKO on Zapdos from Diamond Storm after SR. Naive nature is to tank priority better.

For Skarmory, use Shed Shell. Shed Shell has been common for Skarmory sets nowadays, as Magnezone has seen higher usage. If you do not fear Magnet Pull, then running Rocky Helmet would be fine.

Thirdly, you would need a Pokémon to handle birdspam better. While Mega-Diancie checks birdspam, it loses to the Steel Wing variants of Talonflame. If that concerns you, running Rotom-W is advised.

Sorry if I haven't added much. I've been on the Ipad atm.

Last edited:
Okay, considering some of the suggestions, I'm definitely considering Heatran, Chestnaught, and specs zone. Almost forgot, earthquake latios, for coverage.

So the team looks like this so far:

Rock polish mega Diancie, chestknight, specs zone, scarf hydro keldeo, Defog latios, and taunt heatran.

I'll reflect the changes when I get the chance, I've been busy with work.

Twist, thanks for the chest set. I'm liking the physical bulk he provides to the team. Any attacks aimed towards him, heatran can come in.

I'm going to completely drop skarm because he's pretty much dead weight for this team and can slow down momentum, in my opinion.

Thanks Repeater1947 for the Diancie suggestion, it looks very viable! Thanks again!

For bird spam, I'll leave heatran there to handle Tflame.

argue yount need earth power, keep in fire but replace earth power with rock polish and you do realize fire super effective on excadrill?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)