1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Dig Boom 2.0 (Swag My Team) R-R-R-REMIX!!!!

Discussion in 'BW Other Teams' started by Lucien Lachance, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Lucien Lachance

Lucien Lachance

If you missed Dig Boom the first time, you can find it here!

Intro

What's up Smogans! It's everybody's favorite pretty boy xXx420YOLOSwag4JesusxXx Lucien back again with the same old stupid shenanigan that no one seemed to appreciated the first time around. I'm talking about nothing other than Dig Boom. Dig Boom and I have had a long, intimate history together ever since 2012 VGC Nationals when the legendary sage Dadski mentioned how amazing Dig Linoone and an Explosion user is. He was the first one to con the term Dig Boom and anyone who says other wise is a liar. Needless to say, Dig Boom was a joke between some of the original #seniors members and myself until I found a way to make it a super swaggerful YOLO experience before Worlds last year. Dig Boom started with only 4 Pokemon and remained in its early stage until the newly formed Boofs and I jokingly expanded it to its final stage... or so I thought. With the new rules in 2013, Landorus-T, which is super broken, was made legal and I knew I would have to adapt the team for the new meta. And so, Dig Boom 2.0 was born! I hope you guys will enjoy this as I thoroughly enjoy this team and "dicking around" on PO with Dig Boom is much more fun than getting my panties in a knot at the sight of me failing to be able to build a usable team for a tournament that is like 6 months away.

Team Building Process

After TDS's deaf neighbor trolled him super hard and ruined his team for team building, I decided I would do the first nice thing since Nationals and team build for him. Of course being a try-hard is gay and we ended up tossing the idea of Dive Boom back and forth, which was only part of original Dig Boom. I looked at the list of users and the only one that seemed viable was Cloyster, being able to check the omniprescent Garchomp, Thundurus, Latios, and all of the awful things in the meta that are used non-stop even though they're weak the to most OP type, Ice. I found my Dive user, now I needed an Explosion user. jk I knew I was gonna use Landorus-T from the start because its the strongest Explosion in the game. #realtalk

[​IMG] + [​IMG]

Once again, once I completed the unbeatable Dive Boom Wombo Combo, I found the only thing that beat the unbeatable, was all those goddamn annoying Steel-types everyone has had a hard-on for ever since Cybernoob and Wolfey won Nationals. Pfft. Casuals. Once again I found myself turning to Heatmor, but I decided that Heatmor didn't have enough #YOLOSwag4Jesus for me, so I decided to go for its superior, Houndoom. Once again, I find the greatest Pokemon and everyone should use Houndoom because Houndoom is cute :3 and it's the best.

[​IMG] + [​IMG] + [​IMG]

This team was missing some swag. After I watched USA vs. Korea, I thought that the Koreans idea of Explosion + Encore Whimsicott was swagged up and I understand why Cybernoob stole his ideas. I added it onto the team the Dig Boom 2.0 remained in its early stages for a strong 30-45 minutes.

[​IMG] + [​IMG] + [​IMG] + [​IMG]

This time around, I didn't need GreySong to give me cool ideas on how to beat rain, I KNEW how to beat rain. No other Pokemon can come even close (babyyyyyy) to countering rain harder than Lanturn. Real talk Lanturn is OP.

[​IMG] + [​IMG] + [​IMG] + [​IMG] + [​IMG]

Lanturn bent rain over on the table and made sweet love to it, but I was still missing a key factor in Dig Boom, the wild card. I added the only usable Bug-type in the game, Kevin Durant. Yes, I am fully aware that Durant is a Steel-type that is so awful that no one should use, but that's not very YOLO of you to say that.

[​IMG] + [​IMG] + [​IMG] + [​IMG] + [​IMG] + [​IMG]

Dive Boom was completed, and the team was looking sexier than Sasha Gray in everybody's favorite Saturday night movie. :naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty:

The Team

[​IMG]

Cloyster (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Skill Link
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Dive
    - Icicle Spear
    - Rock Blast
    - Razor Shell

Choice Scarf? Adamant? No Explosion? Real talk I make best movesets. With Adamant I do monster damage and still outspeed all the scrub mons like Latios while only losing to the most OP Digimon like Aquilamon, Hippogriffomon, and Sinduramon. Dive is OP and lets me avoid Explosions while still doing decent damage with STAB the next turn. The rest of the moveset is shit standard and probably shouldn't be changed.

[​IMG]

Landorus-T (M) @ Normal Gem
    Trait: Intimidate
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Explosion
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Slide
    - Protect

What's not to love about the strongest Explosion in the game? Having Intimidate is useful but I don't even pay attention since I kill them too fast since I'm so OP and need a nerf, like Irelia (Darius is perfectly balanced). Earthquake is useful for killing my own Whimsicott and actually being useful outside of Exploding. I originally had Imprison but it's not really useful in low competitive play so I added Rock Slide so I can hit Flying-types.

[​IMG]

Houndoom (M) @ Dark Gem
    Trait: Unnerve
    EVs: 4 HP / 36 Atk / 4 Def / 212 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
    - Heat Wave
    - Sucker Punch
    - Dark Pulse
    - Protect

What's not to love about Houndoom. I mean, look at him. He's a total thug. He definitely just got finished smelling all the hot babes butts down at the local park and is ready to rape some face to prove his dominance to all of his newly acquainted lady friends. Houndoom basically did what Heatmor did, only it actually accomplishes those goals. Sucker Punch KOs Latios and Dark Pulse is a 2HKO on Cresselia while Heat Wave cleans up on weakened Pokemon. Yes, Houndoom is actually friggin useful and everyone should use it because it's cute :3333333

[​IMG]

Whimsicott (M) @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Prankster
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Encore
    - Taunt
    - Helping Hand
    - Giga Drain

C'mon. Look at him. He's so cute. He totally wants a hug. But it's a trap. He'll just Encore you into hugging him forever, but when it wears off, you forget what you were doing and continue to hug him. Hopefully you noticed I don't run Protect, and that's because YOLO. Helping Hand + Explosion OHKOs everything not named a Steel or Rock-type and I have Earthquake for that. Focus Sash lets me just shrug off overpowered Explosions and casually continue being cute and adorable. Encoring Protects is also very fun. Predicting is for gooch lickers so I seldom use Taunt.

[​IMG]

Lanturn (M) @ Sitrus Berry
    Trait: Water Absorb
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Thunder
    - Scald
    - Thunder Wave
    - Protect

Lanturn completes the second part of the cute :3333 portion of my team. Lanturn is pretty much here only to check the overly standard shitty rain teams that people are always trying to make good. Now I know that Lanturn has only one good stat, but I have scientifically proven why it is such a good Pokemon. Bitches love Dragonite. That's why. Unistall scrubs.

[​IMG]

Kevin Durant (M) @ Wide Lens
    Trait: Hustle
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Iron Head
    - X-Scissor
    - Crunch
    - Protect

Kevin Durant is easily the glue to this team, especially because it participates in a solid 1/30 games I play. Kevin Durant provides fantastic defensive typing for this team and is capable of smacking the crap out of awful Pokemon like Hydreigon. Iron Head is only useful for flinches while Crunch is likewise for Defense drops before an inevitable Explosion. X-Scissor is useful for Hydreigon and Ludicolo and that's basically it. Useless? Nah. Where's the love in abandoning a Pokemon that would sacrifice itself just because you told it to? You bastard! You killed Kenny!

Outro or Whatever

Overall, Dive Boom seems to be more effective than Dig Boom, probably because the whole team isn't centered around 2 turn moves. I am definitely getting soft so and ideas that could help me get back to my roots of Dig Boom would be definitely appreciated.
  2. NatGeo

NatGeo sun's coming up
    is a Contributor Alumnus

luvdisc because digboom (diveboom?)

Confirming houndoom is cute :3 this is obviously a joke team so I can't really make any suggestions but give landorus-t dig and cloyster explosion so you have true digboom
  3. Lucien Lachance

Lucien Lachance

Good idea. Rock Slide on Lando and Razor Shell are pretty useless. Double Explosion core OP. Needs nerf.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)