Disabling main chat on the PO server

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering if there is an option to disable the chat entirely on the Pokémon Online Smogon server or the program in general. Did a quick search first but most chat related topics were about an IRC & whatnot.

As of late, I've only see a lot of trolling & whatnot happening in the main chatroom and it's kinda obnoxious when you're just out for a fun time testing some teams. Even though the admins try their best to counter it, the chat always seems to be filled with either people complaining how they lost (albeit to "hax" or another circumstance), raging that the community is trash or just flat out spamming.

It might seem a minor complain, but the idea has popped up a couple of times already so figured I might as well post it. Even though it seems easily ignorable, you always catch a glimpse of it when searching for more matches. If the option ain't available, no biggie but no harm in asking I always say.

All in all: Is there an option to disable the main chat on PO (the chatroom where you're put in when connecting to the server)?

Got referred here by the people from the server themselves, thus my post. Apologies if this has been asked before or isn't in the correct forum.

haunter

Banned deucer.
It's not a big deal, really. If you don't like the chat then you can just close the Dragonspiral Tower window by clicking on the red x on the top.

#tournaments tends to be more clean and respectable but you still get some of the of the bad crowd during a few tours. It's a lot calmer on Tourneys and you can still test teams if you're patient. Sometimes I even consider closing #Dst and just hang out in tourneys until I feel better.

But seriously, don't let everyone else ruin your experience with PO. There are still good users around on the server.

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
You could use the suggestions offered here, or you could just ignore and not participate in the chat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)