Ditto

i just did the best thing ever. switched ditto in on a sd/agility/earthquake/bp gliscor, got the boosts, passed them to breloom and swept half the dudes team. this thing is incredible.

You know what is awesome... sweeping teams with Numel. You know what isnt awesome. Ditto switching in on your Numel and sweeping your team.

I'm a little confused on the wording in the "Transform" description. Does it copy EVs and IVs of the opponent or no? If it does, would that mean you don't even have to EV train this little sucker?

After using Choice Scarf Ditto I've found a few things it can do:

Lead: It can copy an opposing lead to use their own setup moves like Entry Hazards.
Anti-lead: It can shut down an opposing Taunt Lead by Taunting them first. Alternatively, if you have Magic Bounce Espeon/Xatu, you can learn your opposing lead's moves and then switch to Espeon/Xatu to Magic Bounce them back!
Revenge killer: After one of your Pokemon has fainted, Ditto can finish them off with their own moves. If the opponent's Pokemon has Attack boosts you may even be able to sweep! This is more effective if revenge killing a Dragon or Ghost.
Trace Pory2 counter: This is a trick I found recently. Say you're using a Shedinja, your opponent switches to Trace Porygon2 and copies Wonder Guard, and you have no access to Fighting-type moves. Normally it's doomsday, but if you have Ditto it's little problem. Switch Ditto in on Pory2 and you copy their Traced Wonder Guard! If they have HP Fighting you might have problems, but if not, you force them out and keep the uber Wonder Guard! :D

Trace Pory2 counter: This is a trick I found recently. Say you're using a Shedinja, your opponent switches to Trace Porygon2 and copies Wonder Guard, and you have no access to Fighting-type moves. Normally it's doomsday, but if you have Ditto it's little problem. Switch Ditto in on Pory2 and you copy their Traced Wonder Guard! If they have HP Fighting you might have problems, but if not, you force them out and keep the uber Wonder Guard! :D
Not only is this super-duper-ridiculously niche- it wouldn't even work. Transform will leave you with less PP than their Porygon2; you'll Struggle first and die.

Not only is this super-duper-ridiculously niche- it wouldn't even work. Transform will leave you with less PP than their Porygon2; you'll Struggle first and die.
Naturally I'm assuming Ditto has Imposter. No-one uses Limber Ditto. Plus the "Less PP" thing is one reason why HP Fighting on Pory2 will be a problem, alongside Less HP, Eviolite and Recover.

Plus, that's a list of what a single Scarf Imposter Ditto can do in any battle, since that's the only Ditto anyone uses. I'm just showing off its versatility.

After which Ditto kills itself with Struggle while Pory2 laughs and finishes off your team >_>
If it has the wrong moves it can't stop Shedinja either. iirc Pory2 most often uses BoltBeam and Tri Attack.

Obviously it's situational but it can happen. A lead or anti-lead Ditto can come in later as a revenge killer or to stop or slow a potential Pory2 sweep.

My point is that Ditto can do multiple things in a single battle.

Yes, we're all aware of that, but really, stopping a Wonder Guard-Traced Porygon 2 is not one of them...
Tell that to the last guy I battled who had a Pory2 Trace my Shedinja. When I switched to Ditto and it copied the Wonder Guard, he switched his Pory2 out. He never thought to stall me out. That's why I added that.

For people saying Ditto can't force things out, once a Ditto came in on my fully boosted CroCune and I easily stalled it out, but then he just switches back in with more PP. He more or less has infinite PP.

Well it would have more HP than shuckle... but lets face it, you won't be doing much back to that shuckle aside from toxic (if they have it). And then, they would just toxic you anyways, making you not defensive at all.

Not to mention, you would be running a scarf most likely... so... you would be a scarfed shuckle with toxic... I don't think you'll be doing much.

Let's say you have Shedinja, Pory2 comes out and Traces Wonder Guard, you switch to Ditto who copies the Wonder Guard, and the Pory2 switches out and then back in. Will Pory2 Trace the Wonder Guard again?

Tell that to the last guy I battled who had a Pory2 Trace my Shedinja. When I switched to Ditto and it copied the Wonder Guard, he switched his Pory2 out. He never thought to stall me out. That's why I added that.
You mean you fought a terrible opponent, making this tactic viable and a niche of Ditto?

Ok.

Let's say you have Shedinja, Pory2 comes out and Traces Wonder Guard, you switch to Ditto who copies the Wonder Guard, and the Pory2 switches out and then back in. Will Pory2 Trace the Wonder Guard again?
Well, logically, they would copy Wonder Guard. The other option is that they trace Eccentric and they become a Porygon2 with Wonder Guard, which...would be the exact same thing.Ditto's really cool in many respects. Scouting your opponents moves, reversing sweeps, and scaring off dangerous threats, all wrapped up into one gelatinous blob. It's not just daycare lovin' anymore!P.S when you transform into a different pokemon you only get 5 PP for each move, so you will never 6-0 another team or outstall a Wonder Guard Pory2 unless you have a leppa berry for some reason.

Ok I have 2 ideas about ditto that I don't think have been mentioned yet:

1. Has anyone ever considered changing dittos hidden power type. This can help when he transforms into a pokemon with hidden power. My favorite is hp ice but I would like to hear ideas on other good hp types to give him.

2. I have been trying to think of ways to get dittos speed down so that way when transforms when trick room is in effect he will always go first. Macho brace might be a good choice. Instead of macho brace I was also thinking of switching his level to 99. I am not sure if that makes his speed lower than the pokemon he transformed into though so it might not work.

If you did something like HP Fire with 30 Speed IVs, that would always put you 1 Speed behind them unless they were running the same Speed IV for their Hidden Power. So instead, you could consider something like HP Fire with 10 Speed IVs, which means you would always outspeed them in a Trick Room unless they were using something like Payback Machamp with 0 IVs, in which case they would outspeed you and have the upper hand until Trick Room runs out

Transform copies the opponent's stats exactly, so your speed IV and level won't make a difference. Macho Brace/Power items/Iron Ball should work though. Not sure how Hidden Power works, but I assume it would also copy the Hidden Power of the opponent, since you technically have their IVs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)