Do NOT fuck with Glaceon! (Peaked #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
You talk about using Abomasnow/Focus Sash as a means of eliminating things that bother the rest of your team. (read, Spiker Roserade, Alakazam, Scarf Darmanitan) This seems to work well enough from what you've said but, in curiosity, how does your team fare against a good opponent that forces you to use your sash, and then has an odd team member with a weather move (Rain Dance Hitmontop level odd). Its rare enough that you may or may not have even encountered this tactic at all but it'd be interesting to get your take on the situation.

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
heist: really? well that's interesting. cause i don't remember ever being swept by a kabutops. maybe i did when i was drunk. not sure

verbatim: no, you misunderstood. i merely explained why focus sash is a good item on my abomasnow. of course i don't rely on a focus sash abomasnow to beat those pokemon lmao

i don't understand what your definition of a "good opponent" is. you do know that once you reach a certain rating, winning against someone with a very low rating barely gets you any point right? and when you lose or get haxxed, you lose like 20-30pts? so you have to win 20-30 consecutive games just to make up for the one game that you lose? when that happens, i tend to rage and when you rage you play pretty bad, especially with a team like this

so when you're at a high rating, you often get matched up with those in the top100 and i beat them a lot more often than they beat me, obviously, otherwise i wouldn't hit #1. are those in the top10 or top100 considered "good opponents" to you?

yeah rain teams are actually not that uncommon, and it's quite easy to tell when it's a rain team. what's the point of a rain dance hitmontop when there's no kingdra, kabutops, or tornadus to abuse the rain? hitmontop can't abuse rain, and if he has rain dance just because then it's pretty retarded

same thing with rain teams, i play more cautiously with abomasnow to ensure hail is the main weather on the field

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I was thinking more of a non weather team, if I have a free slot of one of my pokemon, I tend to give it Rain Dance/Sunny Day, though from your reaction I take it you've never even had to deal with that, and probably never will. (So my threat is pretty mute) Could you respond to my first post perhaps (4th post), it'd be interesting to hear your thought process.

Holy crap this is the team that has fucked me up so many times......idk what to suggest. If it were me i'd run Icicle Crash on Mamoswine over Stone Edge because the only pokes that will get hit harder by Stone Edge are dumb things like Articuno and Moltres who shouldn't be switching in on Mamoswine anyways as Life Orb boosted Icicle Crash deals some hefty damage.

Great Team Whitequeen! I am not in the business of offering suggestions (usually because they just suck.... :s) but scarfed rotom H/ LO Zapdos might give you trouble as they can play mindgames, especially mid game, with overheat/heat wave and volt switch. Switching Mamoswine in on Overheat could prove costly, same as switching in azumarill and Xatu in on Volt switch could be costly. Offensive raikou can deal some damage with a boosted Aura sphere (if it gets that far)

But I'm sure you have played your way around them, congrats on building another awesome team! I look forward too reading more of your teams in the future, thanks for reading and most importantly building an awesome team :)

EDIT: I realise now that rotom H dies too azumarills aqua jet ;_; silly me :/

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
thank you, CrazyBacon. you're right about rotom-h and zapdos. it's a bitch to play around them because of their super effective moves against all my mons. volt switch is a very annoying move. when my opponents have those pokemon with a combination of a fire and electric moves, i'm in for a tough time for sure

SilentRevolver: i have already peaked with this team, there's nothing left for me to prove with it. i posted this rmt as a service to the bw uu community, truly. anyways, if i were to make a change to mamoswine, i'd remove stone edge and replace it with superpower

verbatim:
hail the queen! is definitely a much more stable and reliable team than this one, by far. i can't afford to scarf my stealth rocks user in mamoswine. my mons are frail, i can't afford to have something set up on me when mamo is locked into a certain move. there are bulkier water types than azumarill, but i choose azu mainly because its ability, huge power, and of course, the move aqua jet; that move is its selling point to me. getting locked into aqua jet isn't much a hindrance

also, most darmanitan carries a choicescarf. an adamant darmanitan is faster than a jolly mamoswine, so mamo will lose to it with or without a choicescarf

I haven't been on ladder in awhile, but I do love the team. I do have one reservation, in UU ice punch isn't that great on azumaril. It doesn't hit many UU targets, and with azumarill prediction is a must. While from experience, you have superb prediction using Return over ice punch works wonders. That's all I have. Great team.

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
i rarely ever use ice punch. same with superpower. i just spam aqua jet most of the time. return is a definitely better move than ice punch for sure

thank you for the kind words

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Closing this because the OP is banned, as well as to prevent further "victory screech" posts. Oh and because he doesn't want any rates.

Honestly Whitequeen, when I first knew you back in Gen 4 you were a nice guy. Now this - after reading the deleted posts and some of not-deleted posts, I don't really know what to say in a short sentence. First off I'll make this clear: NOBODY is jealous of you. It became increasingly clear to me that that's the case when I hear people on irc talk about your atrocious attitude over and over again. Secondly, I don't even think that this particular RMT is anywhere as much as a "service to the BW UU community" as it is as your ego booster. The fact that you are intent on blatantly ignoring any changes really expresses this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)