Do not get a "Pizza Mia" pizza from Pizza Hut

Last week I fell for the "$5 large" promotion from Pizza Hut, thinking "How bad can a $5 pizza be?"

Well it was not worth the $5 I spent on it. It was the "Pizza Mia" kind of pizza they have at Pizza Hut, and it was terrible. There was hardly any sauce or cheese on it(there was one giant spot of sauce where hardly any cheese was there) and they also didn't spread out the cheese/sauce very much because there was a good 1-2 inch ring of crust around the pizza where the sauce/cheese did not extend to.

It didn't taste bad, I still ate it all, but it was very poor quality. Might as well spend the extra few bucks to get the normal kind Pizza Hut pizza, which isn't bad. Or spend twice as much money and go to a good place like Mellow Mushroom or other more authentic higher quality local shops. Or just go spend $5 in food somewhere else. These options are better than settling for the $5 Pizza Mia.

I recently had one of their stuffed crust pizzas and honestly, the dough wasn't even cooked. I was pretty pissed.

On an upside, I found the chicken fettucini pasta from there to be quite tasty.

I actually enjoyed the Pizza Mia from Pizza hut. It tasted a bit like dominos, which is conveniently located 30 minutes away from here. -.- However, on a somewhat unrelated note, A recent stuffed crust pizza I ate from there was very greasy and had very little cheese and way too much sauce in it.

I think pizza mia is alright, but the pasta is VERY good, although i only had the fettucine one.(is that how you spell it?)

TTS

Articulate Potty Lid
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm a fan of Pizza Hut's "Personal Pan Pizzas." $3.99 for a pizza that's just right for a single serving.

Really? Just about every Pizza Mia I've had (my favorite one atm) has came out fine. Sounds like it might be the individual Pizza Hut in question; perhaps it's just that location that makes a crap pizza? Quality will vary from location to location from my experience.

Yeah, I had a Pizza Mia from the Pizza Hut here...it was garbage, honestly. It was disappointing because the normal pizzas from that Pizza Hut are actually REALLY good. >_>

I agree with you. The Pizza Mia really throws away the best aspects of their normal pizzas. No gooey cheese that looks oh-so tantalizing when the pizza's cut, no nice crispy crust, no nothing.

I'd much rather spend the extra money for a regular pizza or just by the Pan Pizza.

Where I live there is no Pizza Hut but lots of other crap pizzas. They allways put weird vegebables on the pizza like red peppers and cabbage. People complain, they change from cabbage to brussel sprouts. And so on, it sucks.

I'm a fan of Pizza Hut's "Personal Pan Pizzas." $3.99 for a pizza that's just right for a single serving.
Do yourself a favor and try:
a) red baron's pepperoni (if you like that sort of thing, not sure how their cheese are); should be around $3 and is about 700 calories or something. The Pizza Hut taste is as good, but the quality is inconsistent, it takes more time, and these are infinitely edible for me (I eat one a day every day and have been for like 8 months now).
b) Digiornio's rising crust pizza if you dislike the red baron's; I find that it is too saucy, but they make it sweet at least

The time/driving/saved money will be worth it, in my opinion.

Also, you should all be, if willing to eat something with way too many calories, getting shit like the P-Zone rather than something like a Mia. It is infinitely better.

Never had a single problem with a stuffed crust pizza at pizza hut though (and the cheesey bites were so good that I gained like 10 pounds in a month).

apparently the stuffed crust is actually just cheese string cut in half and rolled into the dough.

Go for actual pizza, not frozen stuff. Granted, pizza hut can taste really good, in a junky kinda way. But real pizza is just so much better.

Pizza Hut is always a mixed experience for me. This is because, most of the time I go, its when I'm at summer camp, so I'm with summer camp friends. The "Locals" Don't seem to be very fond of us or treat us nice. So we ordered two pizzas, and we recieved one of them and we kept eating because we thought she was gonna come back and give it to us. Finally, after we were done with our first pizza, our waiter came to refill our drinks and we asked her about our pizza. She then replied "Oh, that was YOUR pizza! We've had it back their for 30 minutes and we didn't know whose it was!"

Needless to say, we gave them a poor review.

Hey, it's a cheaper option for those who...hmm, there really is no point is there when you can pick up a Little Caesar's. I've always liked Pizza Hut the most when it comes to mainstream pizza places but those are pretty terrible, my parents think its a way to save money and get the pizza I like but I just tell them get Little Caesar's if you're on a $5 budget
Do yourself a favor and try:
a) red baron's pepperoni (if you like that sort of thing, not sure how their cheese are); should be around $3 and is about 700 calories or something. The Pizza Hut taste is as good, but the quality is inconsistent, it takes more time, and these are infinitely edible for me (I eat one a day every day and have been for like 8 months now).
b) Digiornio's rising crust pizza if you dislike the red baron's; I find that it is too saucy, but they make it sweet at least
I personally dislike these both, guess I'm not a big fan of frozen pizza...

Wow, I never had/cared for pizza hut. I'll occasionally have Dominoes.

But this local Pizzariea is Godly, so screw those things.

I'll avoid the self poisoning and skip Pizza Hut altogether, there Ness? You can now rest easy knowing one person won't die of a Pizza related casualty.

lil caesar's is good for cheap pizza, good shit mr. goodbar

but i'm of the opinion that pizza is like sex...even when it's bad, it's still pretty good.

Go for actual pizza, not frozen stuff. Granted, pizza hut can taste really good, in a junky kinda way. But real pizza is just so much better.
I agree so much with this. I can almost not eat chain pizza anymore as it just doesn't compare to real pizza from an Italian store or specialty pizzeria. Unfortunately, the real stuff by me is costly.

At least you guys get stuff other than Little Ceaser's. I tell you, 60% of it is grease.

But yeah Pizza Mia. It actually looked remotely good on TV but guess not olo

Lol, badluck, Pizza Hut isn't that bad, but the best pizzas are at the small shops, they might cost a bit more but taste great.

THE_IRON_...KENYAN?

Banned deucer.
Did you ever think about making your own pizza.

Bread making is pretty simple pretty much anybody can learn it and from there it is sauce, cheese, and toppings

Did you ever think about making your own pizza.

Bread making is pretty simple pretty much anybody can learn it and from there it is sauce, cheese, and toppings
Lol, I've done it a couple of times, but you know how people are these days, too lazy to do it themselves :P.

lil caesar's is good for cheap pizza, good shit mr. goodbar

but i'm of the opinion that pizza is like sex...even when it's bad, it's still pretty good.
This may have been the greatest thing anybody has ever said.

Anyways yeah the Pizza Mia's if you wiki them are actually smaller than regular Pizza Hut pizzas so in comparison to the Medium's those are better to get.

I really am surprised at all the bad reviews on the Pizza Mia here...I'm making it a solid note not to ever order a Pizza Mia outside of my state, lol.

Where we live in south west london the pizza hut isnt really worth the price, The pizza's never have any siginificant amount of tomato sauce and the cheese tastes uncooked...
Pizza Express has great traditional Italian pizzas, which are IMO much better than the thick greasy american pizzas.

Eh, Pizza Hut's okay but the last few times I've gone it's been pretty meh, as well as Papa Johns. There aren't really any good Little Caesars around (last time I had it was when I visited an uncle in Tennessee and it sucked), and I don't go for Dominoes. Also people around me seem to have this fetish for Marcos and Hungry Howies, which both suck ass in my opinion, leaving Donatos the only really good place around--there used to be an all-you-can-eat Pizza King just down the street that was terrific but they closed a few years back.

Personally, I like to make my own pizza when I can. Not only is it delicious, it's fun to make and gives me the satisfaction that I've created my own meal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)