Trevenant @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Harvest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD Def / 4 Def
Careful Nature

- Shadow Claw
- Will-O-Wisp
- Leech Seed
- Substitute

Trevenant, although technically a UU pokemon, is a powerhouse. The role here is annoying wall. The thing can wall almost anything. It can eat some nasty Special Attacks and recover through harvest and the sitrus berry and leech seed. Physical attackers become crippled through will-o-wisp. The only thing I have to be careful of is any pokemon with knock off. This poke makes a lot of attackers cry.

Switch In: Rotom-W, Celebi, (M) Venusaur, Fighting Types

(Mega) Tyranitar @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Spe
Jolly Nature

- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

This pokemon is just a stud. The role here is a tank/sweeper. I love changing the weather and potentially destroying focus sashes. It also interrupts Charizard Y and Mega Swampert’s Swift Swim. The thing can tank pretty much any special attack and set up a nasty dragon dance on a switch. I chose Stone Edge for STAB and Earthquake for coverage. I wouldn’t really consider giving him Crunch, Pursuit, or Ice Punch as Fire Punch breaks ferrothorn, scizor, etc as ice punch would get walled off of 1 dragon dance. Things that are weak to ice will be brought down by a +1 Stone Edge.

Switch In: Psychic attackers, Talonflame, Latios, etc

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature

- Roost
- Defog
- Drill Peck
- Toxic

Skarmory is the physical wall of the team. The thing loves to be switched out on physical threats. One of the biggest reasons I like this guy is because of his defog ability. Talonflame is a huge liability when it comes to stealth rock so whenever I can, I’d like to clear the entry hazards. I’d consider brave bird over drill peck but I don’t like the recoil damage since my only way of recovering is roost.

Switch In: Physical Attackers

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Jolly Nature

- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
- U-Turn

Talonflame’s role is to hit hard and to hit first. It’s role is brute offense. Finally we have some real offense going on here. If it’s clear and getting locked into a BB or Flare Blitz isn’t in its best interest, that’s what U-Turn is for. I love popping an air balloon and then switching out. This brave bird hits hard and it has priority.

Switch In: Try not to switch into this much because it’s so fragile.

Gengar @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Timid Nature

- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Icy Wind
- Destiny Bond

This is the oddball set and let me explain. Gengar’s role is to clean up the scraps and fill the gaps that the rest of this team cannot fill. Icy Wind?! Yepp. Icy Wind handily takes out 4x weaknesses to ice. On other occasions Icy Wind is used on a switch and lowers a speedy poke’s speed down. This allows for a potential destiny bond or other move. Focus Blast is for coverage and Shadow Ball is STAB. When Gengar is being tanked, simply send a nasty destiny bond in and take out anything slower with no priority down with it.

Switch In: Fighting Types and certain walls

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adament Nature

- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch

Last but not least, Conkeldurr is our Status Absorber and overall powerhouse tank. I love getting burned or poisoned and just sweeping teams. Drain Punch allows for recovery because of the Assault Vest. Knock Off covers psychics and kills switch in pokemon. Ice Punch is to combat an array of pokes for coverage. Mach Punch gets priority which is crucial vs bisharp, any set up swords dancer, etc.

Switch In: Special Attackers and certain walls

Notes
I'm open to a lot of change and criticisms, most notably the choice of Skarmory overall and Gengar's Icy Wind and Skarmory's Drill Peck. This is my first post so I apologize if I didn't code something correctly!​

There's a bit of a typo on you Mega Tyranitar's EV spread. It read "252 Spe/4Spe." Might want to fix that. On Gengar you might want to run 0 IV's to reduce the damage from foul play. Also I i know this 100% opinionated, but Brave Bird is just overall better, since you can recover recoil damage with roost. Also Ice Punch > Fire Punch on Mega Tyranitar, since you'll have trouble hitting Landorus without it, and earthquake hits Scizor and Ferrothorn just fun after some boosts. Horn Leech is better for Trevenant, having extra recovery is always good.

Also make an importable fren :]

Last edited:
Something i noticed just from looking at your team, you have trouble with all fairy types.
I recommend putting sludge wave on gengar over icy wind, as you team doesnt really benefit from the speed drop, and it can stop an altaria from setting up all over your team

Lord Wallace

Hentai Connoiseur
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Alright there's a few fundamental problems with this team if you want to play at a high level.

Trevenant and Mega Tyranitar are really not viable in the current meta, especially Trevenant, who should be replaced entirely. You should probably stick to a regular Tyranitar, preferably a supportive Smooth Rock variant with SR because of my next set of suggestions.

Let's also get rid of that pesky Choice Band on Talonflame as well and make it an SD set.
So now you've got a solid win condition to work with, so now you want something to help it sweep by weakening physical walls and getting rid of Pokemon that stop Talonflame. Excadrill strikes me as a Pokemon that would work really well on this team over Skarmory, it removes opposing hazards without removing your own (which Talon really appreciates), takes advantage of Sand and is a solid Pokemon in general that tends to lure in stuff like Landorus-T and Slowbro that Talonflame likes weakened, and it beats pesky Electric types that Talonflame hates.
So now you've got a huge Water weakness that needs to be filled with Trevenant gone, and you've got quite a few options, a first I thought about Celebi, but with the Mega slot open, Mega Sceptile wouldn't actually be a bad choice for this team, it definitley fits the offensive nature of the team and it blanket checks most of OU's Water types, plus, it lures in and cripples one of Talonflame's best checks with Earthquake (Heatran) while providing an additional Electric check.

Now lets move on to Conkeldurr, I didn't want to change your team too much, so I went ahead and just changed the set so it's more useful to your team.
A lure Sheer Force set takes care of numerous defensive Pokemon that trouble Excadrill and Talonflame.

Here's some calcs:
252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Conkeldurr Thunder Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 218-257 (55.3 - 65.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Conkeldurr Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 144+ Def Hippowdon: 226-268 (53.8 - 63.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

-1 252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Conkeldurr Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Landorus-T: 333-395 (87.1 - 103.4%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Conkeldurr Thunder Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 185-218 (55.3 - 65.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
-1 252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Conkeldurr Thunder Punch vs. 88 HP / 4 Def Gyarados: 520-614 (147.3 - 173.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Conkeldurr Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Chesnaught: 203-239 (53.4 - 62.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Conkeldurr Thunder Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 211-250 (52.2 - 61.8%) -- 97.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Conkeldurr Ice Punch vs. 248 HP / 136+ Def Mandibuzz: 250-294 (59.1 - 69.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Life Orb Conkeldurr Superpower vs. 248 HP / 216+ Def Rotom-W: 208-247 (68.6 - 81.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Life Orb Conkeldurr Superpower vs. 252 HP / 88+ Def Ferrothorn: 398-471 (113 - 133.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

And lastly, I second the above suggestion to use Sludge Wave > Icy Wind on Gengar, and also try out Taunt > Destiny Bond, it'll help against the occasional stall team.

Sets:
Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 36 Def / 224 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Thunder Wave / filler

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide / Swords Dance

Talonflame
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz

(EVs speed creep Raikou and hits a jump point)

Conkeldurr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Superpower / Drain Punch
- Mach Punch / Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch

(EVs speed creep defensive Skarmory)

Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm / Giga Drain
- Dragon Pulse
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Hope I helped!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)