Don't get all Dreamy!

Greetings. As Follows is my Team, which I have been experimenting with for quite some time. Such is my best one so far. I am attempting to show how Dream World is not necessary to create new and unusual tactics, and thus the title.

Lead-

Metagross @ Air Balloon
Ability: Clear Body
EV: 248 HP, 252 Atk, 8 Spd
Nature: Adamant
-Stealth Rock
-Meteor Mash
-Earthquake
-Bullet Punch
Metagross is my current lead Pokemon. He can immediately set up Rocks, and can also do damage if needed. I removed 4 HP EV's and added 4 to speed as a surprise tactic, allowing me to outspeed other Pokemon with all other factors consistent. I dropped Hammer Arm after some consideration, as I wanted to keep Meta's tentative speed bonus. Air Balloon saves him from a crippling Earthquake or Earth Power early in the match, and Bullet Punch gives him a revenge-kill edge.

Early Sweeper-(I'll say what that means)

Salamance @ Lum Berry
Ability: Moxie
EV: 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spd
Nature: Naughty
-Dragon Dance
-Outrage
-Flamethrower
-Earthquake
Salamance normally appears early in the match. The general strategy is to scare the opponent into switching, take the free turn to Dragon Dance, and proceed to put a large enough dent in the opponent's team that later sweepers have an easy job. Moxie assures that with each kill, Salamance becomes harder to stop. Flamerthrower is used to stop dangerous Ice types when retreat is not an option, and the Lum Berry can prevent him from getting crippled by Paralysis or Sleep.

Aggressive Defense-

Dusclops @ Eviolite
Ability: Pressure
EV:252 HP, 80 Def, 176 SpDef
Nature: Calm
-Night Shade
-Toxic
-Pain Split
-Taunt
Dusclops is a very potent defensive Pokemon, and cannot be underestimated. The Eviolite pushes his defenses to sky-high levels, and Pain Split can cripple Blissey and Chansey while recovering most of Dusclops' health. Toxic can put heavy stress on a team, especially since Dusclops normally survives long enough to use it multiple times. Taunt can stop other defensive and support Pokemon in their tracks.

Middle Sweeper-

Starmie @ Expert Belt
Ability: Natural Cure
EV: 4 HP, 252 SpAtk, 252 Spd
Nature: Timid
-Surf
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Recover
Unlike the other sweepers in my team, I am willing to withdraw Starmie to stop it from getting KO'd. Natural Cure and Recover can set Starmie up for another sweep later in the match, and the three attacking moves provide excellent coverage. I dropped Hydro Pump because of a nasty experience involving a Hydro Pump missing at the last moment and losing me the match. Surf is still a powerful STAB, and much more accurate.
Physical Attack-

Scrafty @ Life Orb
Ability: Shed Skin
EV: 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spd
Nature: Jolly
-Dragon Dance
-Drain Punch
-Crunch
-Thunderpuch
Another Dragon Dancer! Egad! Scrafty was placed into my team to help against Special Walls, which I have had trouble against. He can do wonders against Reuniclus when he outspeeds it, and Drain Punch can recover health after Life Orb damage. Thunderpunch is a surprise attack, because the majority of Scrafty sets use Ice Punch, and it can hit many switch-ins that Ice punch cannot. Overall, a decent aggressive Pokemon to round out my team and a good endgame cleaner-upper.

Healer-

Latias @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EV: 252 HP, 4 Def, 252 Spd
Nature: Timid
-Psychic
-Wish
-Toxic
-Protect
Latias can stay in battle for a very long time, and can Wish and Protect itself, conbined with Leftovers, to full health very quickly. Toxic can be used to hammer potential counters early in the match, and Psychic rounds off both her move set and the types on the team as a whole. I am fond of using Latias' stalling capabilities to build up Toxic damage on opponent Pokemon, and Wish can also be used to revive a Sweeper coming out for a second run.

Voila. My team is quite aggressive, but can also heal up damaged Sweepers to attempt a second sweep. I have had general success with this team. One problem I encounter is attacking leads who pop Metagross' balloon first turn and Earthquake the second, dealing heavy damage. I sometimes cannot recover from losing one of my important Revenge Killers early in the match.
PS. I am new to this format of Posting. How does one place pictures into this?

Nice team! might i suggest blissey over latias as a more dedicated specially defensive healer? also, u could probaly replace ice beam on starmie 4 rapid spin, whitch lets u counter toxic spikes, and natural cure will let u not worry about starmie being toxiced either!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)