Doubles Teambuilding Competition - Week 69 - GAME OVER

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
After counting le votes, Arcticblast takes Week 3! Congrats to him He'll have his MVenu team on the HoF post on the first page. He'll also have his vote count double in future rounds.

Now it's time for Week 4! This time it's: Shaymin-S + Keldeo

Double cutemon core. The core features great offensive synergy which makes them really good for putting foes on the defensive. Time to take advantage of that xdxdxd

Deadline is on Saturday, noon GMT

ryo yamada2001

ryo yamada2001
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
poor memoric, no posts yet
well I have to welcome you then to;

the kate upton squad©

Shaymin-Sky @ Focus Sash
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power
- Air Slash
- Protect

Keldeo @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Quick Guard
- Protect

Jirachi @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Def / 108 SpD / 80 Spe
Impish Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Follow Me
- Iron Head
- Zen Headbutt

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute
- Protect

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 84 HP / 252 Atk / 172 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Protect
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam

Cresselia (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonlight
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam

im a hyper offense main and yknow what the fuck nigga this is one of my least favourite cores, not bc its a bad core (this is one of the best ho cores out there) but the fact that i find it difficult to work around,,,
i decided to go with something that is able to switch in into kanga and doesn't give a fuck about it until it has seismic toss or sucker punch so yeah i brought jirachi to the team, this is a pokemon that i really rarely use so idk much about it, apart from the fact that it has perfect synergy with altaria, and what can go wrong with altaria??
so the team was pretty damn weak to ice attacks and to not let people exploit that i actually kinda wanted to bring kyube but we already had a great dragon, so who could we bring?!? fuck it. bring kyube anyway because it is one of the best mons of the meta, now i wanted another more bulky pokemon so either we bring cresselia or amoonguss or something? aka we bring cress bc we already have skymin

Last edited:

n10siT

Hoopa can do anything!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
All in all, the squad still has a pretty big weakness against TR, and finding a way to better combat a full TR team would definitely be beneficial. It's also a little sun weak, though I haven't gotten to play against a sun team to see the full extent of that. Anyways, hope you all enjoy.

So obviously we start with this incredibly creative core given to us by memo. Now I think, what sort of pokemon do these two not want to see? Some that came to mind were Aegislash, Char Y, and Megagross. How to deal with those? Lando!

"n10 u fukin idiot wrong lando" Look, guys, I have a reason. Landorus-Therian is used on almost 50% of teams. I personally dislike earthquake. I don't feel like it does enough, and you always have to have your immunes in to really use it to its full potential. If your opponent has 2 ground weaks out at the same time, they're bad anyways. Anywho, sheer force rock slide even with no investment and no stab will still do some hearty chunks of damage, and it gets some pretty good coverage options in that 3rd move slot. Now, one thing I can really notice this team really wanting are 2 things: A cress check and more tailwind.

I like Hydreigon, bringing some tailwind support with a strong dark pulse for cress, and not many things want to take a life orb draco meteor. Now, the biggest glaring weakness to this team is that it's very weak to fairies.

Megagross is a slightly underused mega in my opinion, it's very strong and it has pretty good natural bulk. It also gives me Zen Headbutt which is great for Amoonguss and Fighting types. The last thing I noticed my team needing is a decent way to stop TR and maybe provide some yellow magic here and there.

Thundurus is a nice addition to any team, and I do like using him more offensively now that I've seen it in action.

Not Spooped (Landorus) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earth Power
- Rock Slide
- Sludge Bomb
- Protect

More Like Less (Hydreigon) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Tailwind
- Protect

Talonflame pls (Keldeo) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Quick Guard
- Protect

Suspect If Real (Shaymin-Sky) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Air Slash
- Tailwind
- Protect

Not Levitate LOL (Metagross) @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Zen Headbutt
- Bullet Punch
- Protect

r u annoyed yet (Thundurus) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt
- Protect

Last edited:
Keldeo @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Quick Guard
- Protect

Shaymin-Sky @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power
- Protect

Rotom-Heat @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 200 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpA / 32 SpD / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Cresselia @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Moonlight
- Trick Room

Kangaskhan (F) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Sucker Punch
- Facade
- Power-Up Punch

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 76 SpA / 56 SpD
Bold Nature
- Snarl
- Tailwind
- Protect
- Scald

-While Keldeo and skymin lack the bulk to last long on the field, they make it up by pairing well together with great coverage, punching holes through many teams, ad hard to deal with thank to their very high speed (and we all know what skymin does to anything that can threaten the core). The spreads are your loved 252 spatk 252 speed, both timid. the 4 hp in spdef in both cases has atually a reason, which is to boost downloader's def, a my team can survive physical hits better than special ones, and tbolt gensect isnt kind. keldeo's third move is quick guard to help with talon which threatens this core bad. i still like ep on skymin so it can handle heatran independantly from keldeo, without relying on its partner's survival.

-What i needed next was a talon and a sun check. heatran and Rotom-H came to mind, but i figured i wanted a counter more than a check, to actually hit back. the spread lets talon have a very low chance to 3hko (arond 11%) , kanga's sucker 2hkos while living return, and R-W has 25% chance to ohko with hydro, you live sash terra's rslide. will-o criples physical pokemon like kanga and lando since u survive their hits. 128 spatk modest lets u ohko talon, 2hko defensive suicune.

-cress was another sun check since it utulizes the sun to boost moonlight recovery. goggles make it another amoongus switch and makes venu helpless facing it, while calm mind laughs in charizard's face and sets up. psychic>psychock to help with kyurem's subs. This is also a decent diance check as it can switch into it's attacks and set up, while recovering with moonlight. trick room is to reverse any other TRs i might face since i lack check in that departement.

-Needing a mega that isnt sun or diance weak, considering metagross and mega diance, i always found a weather weakness or diance weakness, so i end up opting for what had a decent match up vs all of these, and i good to have all around, mega-kangaskhan. My team getting very R-wash vulnerable, and twave weak, i put a facade kangaskhan so you can absorb twave when in need, and to be able to face rotom wash without fear. this is obviouly adamant since being twaved wont help with jolly (since you'll be suckerpunching a lot, and already be outsped) and it makes facade deadly.

-Last of all i still felt diance weak, so i went or another check that isnt a steel type, even if it made sun a bit better. this suicune is rather more physical since i want it to switch into diamond storm with ease, and snarl makes up or any special weakness. i had alreayd many ways to deal with grass so i thought i could substitute it for ice beam. tailwind is there there to counter other tailwinds, since the selling point of the core was it's speed, and when outsped it performs terribly. scald is great to yet again burn physical attackers beat diance is a reliable stab for suicune.

-Talonflame: While the team has a few switch ins to it, most don't apreciate taking a bravebird for free and generally cant handle it's partner so play carefully what you bring vs it.

-diance: cress can get worn out by contsant diamond storms, and suicune cant take hits forever, so try and have tailwind beore diance is sent out, and make sure suicune is preserved so it can deal with it. shaymin helps as well with it's sash

-weather: Charizard Y can punch holes bad in this, with just 2 checks, but it isnt too threatning as it almost can't bypass either of them, even with venu at it's side. do make sure they live until it's out. Ludicolo is an even worst match up vs this, with very high speed, av to tank hits fake out to break sashes and coverage that devastate this. kanga however lures a scald and destroys the unexpecting ludi. cress can sorta stall rain as well and tr in it

-Speed control: any tailwind/trick room brings this team down by miles as it needs the speed to defeat it's checks. While the team has all the tools to deal any type of speed control (u can take twaves with kanga and cress, icy winds with suicune and cress, cress reverses trick rooms (skymin can hope 4 a flinch) and suicune tailwinds vs twinders) they are still worn out rather quickly when dedicated the sole role of preserving speed. make sure shaymin and keldeo dont get paralysed as well, since their uses lessens a lot.

Last edited:

Pastelle

we're all star stuff
I know its the easiest core to build around in the world, but I didn't actually have a Skymin + Keldeo team before this week, so I thought I could build something new and kind of creative. Thus, I tried to build a semi-room team, which ultimately failed, so I said...

"Fuck It, I'm Building Hyper Offense"®

Keldeo @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Quick Guard
- Protect

Shaymin-Sky @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Air Slash
- Earth Power
- Protect

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 208 Atk / 48 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Protect

Volcarona @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 160 HP / 16 Def / 148 SpA / 184 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Bug Buzz
- Quiver Dance
- Protect

Mamoswine @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Icicle Crash
- Superpower

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- Protect

TEAMBUILDING
So ofc I started with Unicorn and Flying Deer, as they're what we had to use. It was then I decided to first pick the Mega I wanted to use and go from there. As far as what Megas work for HO and the other two mons, your options are basically Kang, Diancie, Metagross, or Gengar (maayyyybbbe). I ultimately decided Diancie because its a cool mon I haven't used in a while, and Shaymin could serve as a Ground switch-in for it. The next mon was originally Talonflame, but I changed it to Volcarona because I had no Fairy resists and was having trouble with Sylveon. That, and Volcarona is fearsome once it has set up with Quiver Dance. Since I already had two Ground immunes (this is when Talonflame was still on the team), I might as well go with an Earthquaker. I chose Mamoswine because this team was looking standard as fuck and wanted to change it up a little bit with something unique, and I also wanted something for Kyruem-B and Kangaskhan. As for the last slot, Hydreigon rounded out the rest of the offensive coverage, and was also a floating thing to go next to Mamoswine.

SET DEATILS
This is usually the part where I explain what the sets and EV's do, but all of the sets are really non-complecated 252 / 252 /4 spreads except for Diancie and Volcarona, so I'll explain those two. For Diancie's spread, max speed is for obvious reasons, 48 special attack guarentees OHKOes on Bisharp, non-Shuca Berry Heatran, and Keldeo, and the rest is dumped into attack to boost Diamond Storm. As for Volcarona, the defense investments survives a Mega Kangaskhan Return and Ludicolo's Rain-boosted Hydro Pump after one Quiver Dance. The speed investment outspeeds Adamant Landorus-T after one QD, and the rest are in special attack. Also Hydreigon is running Flash Cannon over Earth Power because three other mons are already running Ground coverage, and it seemed a bit silly to run it on Hydreigon as well.

REPLAYS
Some successful ladder and tour matches against some semi-decent teams. I'll add more later.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/doublesou-248193108
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/doublesou-248535944
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/doublesou-248539708

Last edited:

Tyranitar-Mega @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 240 Atk / 16 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
- Dragon Dance
- Protect

Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Drill Run
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head
- Protect

Shaymin-Sky @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Air Slash
- Earth Power
- Protect

Keldeo @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Taunt
- Protect

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Tailwind
- Protect

Mama Clef (Clefable) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Icy Wind
- Safeguard
- Follow Me

Started with DD Mega TTar + Excadrill originally because that's what I wanted to make. Keldeo / Skymin / Talonflame fit perfectly for HO Tailwind support + Beating literally every mon except Thundurus and Talonflame, which Ttar and Excadrill fill nicely. Fun fact: Keldeo + Skymin + Talonflame is just the most absurdly good core and is downright broken.

Clefable with Safety Goggles & Unaware seems a little odd when I could just use Magic Guard, but without Goggles on Clefable the team would lose to Breloom + Talonflame (and it did when I was magic Guard). Clefable provides Follow me for Dragon Dances, Fairy Offense, and Icy Wind for speed control and hitting Landorus-T. Safeguard is specifically for if the opponent has a Thundurus.

I've used this version of the team a couple times in seasonals and a bunch of times in room tours and its never lost in either. This sand is actually cash.

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Solar Power
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Overheat
- Protect

Keldeo @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Taunt
- Protect

Shaymin-Sky @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power
- Protect

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Shadow Sneak
- Flash Cannon
- Shadow Ball
- King's Shield

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
EVs: 48 HP / 252 SpA / 208 Spe
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Protect

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Solar Power
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Overheat
- Protect

Charizard Y is the mon that this team was based around. Zard provides the sun and gives offensive pressure with its fire STAB. Solar Power is used because regular Zard will hit hard then Mega Zard Y in the sun. This helps against other sun teams. The EVs are standard with a modest nature to provide strong offensive pressure. Heat Wave is the primary move of the set. Most of the time, Zard can just click heat wave to punch a hole in the opponents team. Overheat is used to put threats out of commission and is used to bypass Wide Guard. Solar Beam is a coverage move that kills non bulky waters like Keldeo.

Keldeo @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Taunt
- Protect

Keldeo is the second part of this team's FWG core. Keldeo serves as a check to Mega Kang and Heatran which can both be threatening to sun. It is running a standard set with Life Orb. Taunt is in the thrid slot to help deal with the Trick Room matchup and other setup mons.

Shaymin-Sky @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power
- Protect

Shaymin-Sky is the final member of the FWG core. Shaymin-Sky is able to outspeed Mega-Diancie and kill it with Seed Flare before it deletes the other two members of the FWG core. Shaymin-Sky has a great speed tier and can outspeed and flinch a majority of the metagame. It provides a great offensive pressure for HO teams and can OHKO Rotom-Wash with Seed Flare. Skymin's set is pretty straightforward.

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Landorus-Therian is generally a good mon to add on to most teams. Landorus-Therian provides intimidate support and kills Talonflame before it dismantles the Skymin Keldeo core. Landorus-Therian is using a standard set with knock off in the fourth slot to help with the annoying Cress matchup.

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Flash Cannon
- Shadow Ball
- King's Shield

Aegislash is the Fairy killer and helps ease the Trick Room match up. I chose to run Shadow Sneak instead of Wde Guard so I could pick off low health mons or deal a bit of damage after weakness policy boost.

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
EVs: 48 HP / 252 SpA / 208 Spe
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Protect

Kyurem-Black rounds out the team to provide a water and electric switch-in. Kyurem-Black kills opposing Landorus-Therian and hits mons like Rotom-Wash and Bisharp with Earth Power. Substitute is important for Kyurem since it is able to deal with mons like Terrakion when it is behind the sub. It is also useful in stalling out field effects like Tailwind or Trick Room in conjunction with Protect.

3RROR404 All the spreads and sets seem great. anything i'd edit is the lando set making it 44 hp 212 speed for slowr u-turns and a tad of bulk While still doin a nice job outspeeding threats. if you need the speed feel free to ignore this

3RROR404 All the spreads and sets seem great. anything i'd edit is the lando set making it 44 hp 212 speed for slowr u-turns and a tad of bulk While still doin a nice job outspeeding threats. if you need the speed feel free to ignore this
As nice as 44 HP can be. It always sucks when you have the Landot mirror and your opponent is running max max adamant and you get flinched to death by Rock Slide. In short, I like to outrun the 44 HP variant and speed tie with all the max max adamants.

As nice as 44 HP can be. It always sucks when you have the Landot mirror and your opponent is running max max adamant and you get flinched to death by Rock Slide. In short, I like to outrun the 44 HP variant and speed tie with all the max max adamants.
While that is true , i still value a slower u turn as 1) its the most used move when lando vs lando 2) while a flinch can be the most devastating thing to hit you it's still very weak and 30% success rate. I do understand where your comming from tho, and it was just a comment to evaluate the team. still a good job :)

kamikaze

The King Of Games
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I'm more concerned that it's basically Knights of the Sun with one Pokemon swap
Different KyuB, different Aegislash, and a one mon swap.

I think its just inevitable that starting with the core zard y, keldeo, skymin is going to look something similar to knights of the sun after rounding out the remaining slots, but thats no reason refute the team.

I dont see any reason to not use a well rounded team just because it looks similar to something that has been created before.

I think that a lot of people are trying to look for innovation here when casting their vote. I am more inclined to vote for what I think is the most solid team, but everyone is free to their own opinion in what deserves a vote.

: ]

Keldeo @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Quick Guard
- Protect

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
EVs: 108 HP / 252 SpA / 148 Spe
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Protect

Gengar @ Gengarite
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Disable
- Protect

Shaymin-Sky @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power
- Protect

Deoxys-Attack @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 20 Atk / 252 SpA / 236 Spe
Rash Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Ice Beam
- Thunder Wave
- Extreme Speed

Heatran @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Flash Fire
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Flash Cannon
- Taunt
- Protect

This is a team I've been messing around with for the past few months. The goal is to get into a situation where you have two mons out on the field that have opportunities to KO both of your opp's mons and even if they switch they get 2hko'd. Trapping/disable is utalized by gengar to shut down things that are in advantageous situations. Not much switching is done because pretty much everything is frail as fuck minus heatran and kyub kinda. Naturally Hyper Offense is weak to TR but this team DOES have some options to deal with it. First off, you can flinch shit with skymin which is cute, secondly taunt tran catches a ton of Cresselias off guard. Also sub Kyub is quite good vs TR.

Quick guard is chosen on keldeo because this team, along with any team with skymin+keldeo, is weak to yolobird. I chose to go with a Kyub that outspeeds breloom because sashes in general are threatening to HO because they force double targets because of the lack of spread moves on HO. Disable is the third move on gengar because it completely shuts down mons that are already trapped which nets a ton of free KOs. My deoxys set is rather odd as I forgo to both superpower/low kick and protect. I did this because I felt like I was super prepared for kanga and I was disappointed with the lack of damage when using protect. Twave is used to shut down rain (mainly ludicolo) because ludi in rain can do LOADS to this team minus KYUB. Also Twave is nice for teams that are using tailwind because it puts a stop to that. Tran uses flash cannon>earthpower because I felt like I was a little weak to fairy spam especially in tailwind/tr.

Shaymin-Sky @ Focus Sash
Modest Nature
- Protect
- Seed Flare
- Air Slash
- Earth Power

Keldeo-Resolute @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Quick Guard
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword

Jirachi @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Def / 80 SpD / 108 Spe
Careful Nature
- Protect
- Follow Me
- Icy Wind
- Iron Head

Gengar @ Gengarite
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Sludge Bomb
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Download
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Ice Beam
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Explosion

Tyranitar @ Lum Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
- Low Kick

This team goal is to trap opponents with M-Gengar and deal max damage with most of the team while putting in a matchup disadvantage the opponent and taking advantage of that.Shaymin + Keldeo is the core for this week, is pretty standard so i guess there isnt much to talk about. Follow me Jirachi is a wonderful member of this team along Shaymin, Keldeo and M-Gengar redirecting attacks and giving speed control. M-Gengar is the reason that made me build this team WoW is for mind games to M-Kang and Bisharps. Genesect is my odd answer to Landorus and others Shaymin and taking care off Cress (along with M-Gengar) Explosion is there when Genesect is low on HP to give a final blow, and at +1 it KO most mons if not it deals a lot of damage. Tyranitar found a spot because the team was (kind of still is) talon weak and he is a good switchin against him, Low Kick helps deal lots of damage to M-Kang, Hydreigon, Heatran and other Tyranitar. The main weaknees of this team is TR however M-Gengar and Genesect kills most of the TR setters if played right it isnt a problem

I'm more concerned that it's basically Knights of the Sun with one Pokemon swap
I will not deny that my team is similar to Knights of the Sun via species, but I will argue that the teams are different in their functionality. Here is some background for the team that I hope will clear up any concerns.

In Memoric's introductory post about this teambuilding competition, he says, "Basically, what we are going to do here is we are going to see who can build the better team, hence the name." In other words, this is not a competition to see who is the best innovator. This is a competition to see who can make the most effective team within the given guidelines. With that in mind, I remember my first day in the Smogon Doubles room. The first lesson I learned was in the room intro which read something like "Don't innovate; just try to be good."

For this week's teambuilding competition, I was hesitant to post my team because I thought it looked like Finally's team. However, I went to the man himself with my team. finally told me, "Don't worry about your team being similar to my team. All good teams have to come from somewhere. Zard Y, Lando-T, Aegislash, and Kyurem-B make up a strong core for Sun. This is a solid team." These may not be the exact words because I was a bit drowsy at 2AM, but that was his general message. With all that in mind, I felt that I should submit my team.

Last edited:

Keldeo @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Quick Guard
- Protect

Shaymin-Sky @ BrightPowder
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Air Slash
- Earth Power
- Protect

Reuniclus @ Kasib Berry
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock
- Protect

Rhyperior @ Life Orb
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Atk / 24 SpD
Brave Nature
- Rock Slide
- Ice Punch
- Drill Run
- Protect

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 176 HP / 240 Atk / 76 Def / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Low Kick
- Sucker Punch
- Return

Talonflame @ Sky Plate
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Taunt
- Protect

I started with Keldeo/Skymin bc that was the required core... Keldeo is the standard set with Hydro>Scald bc I believe in my mons. I have 4 EVs in special defense to give those Genesects the Attack boost instead of the Special Attack boost so they cannot kill me with +1 Tbolt #themoreyouknow. Skymin is the standard moveset as well. I originally had a Ttar over Rhyperior so that explains the item and I just didn't want to change it bc the thought of me dodging a BB from Tflame is orgasm worthy, also I'm total scum :^)

My next choice was Reuniclus bc it's my favorite mon and no one else had put it on there team yet, so why the fuck not. It's 252 252 bc every other spread i saw was pretty lame. The item is Kasib berry because Aegislash is one of the biggest obstacles while trying to get up TR and this stops it. The next mon is Rhyperior bc I dont want QG Keldeo to be my Talonflame counter. It also goes well with TR Reuniclus and beats Zard(under trick room) which my team doesn't have much for.

Next pick was M-Kangaskhan because I didn't have a mega and I needed some support to get my TR up. Whenever I have used M-Kanga in the past I have used the 252 252 spread and I have found it to be quite underwhelming. So I'm using a bulky spread to see how I like it. Lives Keldeo secret sword, outspeeds Adamant Bisharp, pretty nifty :3 Last mon is Talonflame bc it does well on semi-room and it just fit on the team. I wasn't too sure what set to use, so i went with taunt dual stab and protect. The third slot is really flexible you could run Swords Dance(lol), WoW, Tailwind, or even change it to Choice Band(that would probably be best).

One last thing when I was picking items for skymin I found this

Ring Target The holder's type immunities granted solely by its typing are negated

When i first read that i thought it would let me hit Rotom-H with earth power, I was sorely disappointed
;_;

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Team Rainbow Quadripeds:

Red (Heatran) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Protect
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power

Orange (Landorus-Therian) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 48 Atk / 132 Def / 80 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Protect

Yellow (Manectric) @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect

Green (Shaymin-Sky) @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Air Slash
- Earth Power
- Protect

Blue (Keldeo) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Taunt
- Protect

Purple (Liepard) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Encore
- Fake Out
- Foul Play

Honestly I just noticed they were both quadripedal, added a heatran for boring FWG and then realized, ooh multicolored. The rest was just filling out the rainbow with quadripedal mons...

While that is true, I do think the team is functional. Double Intimidate has always been a usable strategy, but can be scary if the team is weak to Bisharp. Instead, here, it's a bulky Lando-T that lives even the +1 Knock, much less just a sucker. Keldeo beats it. Liepard can mess with it. Heatran is EVd to outrun it and so it should win in most situations too. Sash Skymin can take it out in a pinch too. One of the biggest weaknesses for Keldeo and Skymin is Talonflame, so the Double Intimidate, especially Megatric's, who outruns and resists, are super useful in that regard. Another big weakness can be sun, so Heatran and a TWave Liepard can both help there as well. Team was looking a bit weak to TR so I slapped Taunt on Keldeo and Encore on Liepard.

Did a brief test run and the team seems to work ok. Would probably work better with Taunt TWave Thundurus over Liepard and Quick Guard on Keldeo over Taunt. But thundurus is neither quadripedal nor purple :]

EDIT: Liepard is good, I promise
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/doublesou-248613459

Last edited:

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
I ACTUALLY POSTED THIS ON TIME YAY ME

The deadline has passed! It's time to vote for the team of the week! Pick your vote among the following; To vote, just post in bold the name of the user who created the team you voted for.

Meloetta<3
n10sit
Silverwhiteblue
pastelgameboy
KyleCole
3RROR404
shrop05
TheTrebol
deoxys speed
Bughouse

Deadline is on Monday, noon GMT

note: voting for yourself is not ok

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)