Double Dragon Trouble

Hi all! It's Mr_br_kill here with my first real competitive black and white team. I've laddered a bit with it and it's been fairly successful, but I'd like to make it better. I was reading the smog and found out that Haxorous and Garchomp is a great pair, and saw a youtube video using haxour as lead so I had to try haxchomp team. Changes in red.

Jirachi @ Occa berry
Jolly
252 hp 96 atk 160 sp
Serene Grace
Iron Head
Thunder Wave
Stealth Rock
Ice Punch
This little pixie is evil. It works amazing at spreeding t-waves and rocks. Shuts down many sweepers. My main check to scarfchomp, for it lives outrage, than kos with Ice Punch. Or if I don't know what to do or in a jam, Iron Head is flinchs them to death. The prince of hax carres Iron head for flinch and stab. I picked t-wave over body slam because its more reliable. Ice punch for chomp.

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/b/be/Spr_5b_376.png

Haxorus @ lum berry
Mold Breaker
4 hp 252 atk 252 spd
Jolly
Outrage
Earthquake
Dragon Dance
Taut
I really like this thing. When garchomp gets baned, this will replace it. Pure Dragon is a great typing, with a nice water, grass and electric resist and Mold Breaker plus e-quake is win. Its job is to at least dent steel types and other dragon counters. Outrage for insanely powed stab, e-quake for steel types, Dragon dance to boost atk and spd, and tauts for shuting down walls like skarm before switching out.

Conkeldurr @ leftovers
Guts
160 hp 252 atk 96 spd
Adament
Mach Punch
Drain Puch
Stone Edge
Payback
This thing is also amazing. At first a laughed at it, calling it an inferior to machamp. Boy was I wrong. This thing is my Swampert check, Excadrill check, and many, many more. Mach punch to finish things off, drain punch to deal lots of damage and heal lots back, stone edge for flying types, and payback for physics. If my opponent over predicts, a payback OHKO Latios.

Keldo @ Choice Scarf
Justified
4 hp 252 sp atk 252 spd
Timid
Hydro Pump
Secret Sword
Hidden Power ice
Hyper beam
This pony's a pretty good revenge killer with a very nice typing. The pony counters Volcarona, resisting both stabs, one of the main reasons she’s on the team. Hydro Pump and Secret Sword for powerful stabs. Hidden power Ice for grass and dragon types. Hyper beam is purely filler.

Gengar @ life orb
Levitate
4 hp 252 sp atk 252 spd
Timid
Shadow Ball
Focus Blast
Thunderbolt
Taut
Gengar’s as fun as always. I was getting owned by sub seeders and Jellicant and this thing takes this thing on. Shadow ball for stab other ghosts, Focus Blast for steels and rocks. Thunderbolt for waters. Taut for sub seeders and stall. No one ever thinks of tautgar.

Garchomp @ yache berry
Sand Veil
4 hp 252 atk 252 spd
Jolly
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Fire Fang
Swords Dance
The boss of the team. This shark is so broken. I can't even count how many types it turned a game around. I don't run Outrage, because I don’t think I need it since Haxorus has it. Dragon claw and e-quake for stab, fire fang for steels and Swords Dance to boost.

Please comment how to make it better. Thanks!

i understand conkilidurr is a pretty popular pokemon but ive never gotten him to work effectivily. This is obviously just a suggestion but i find this savey veteran to do better
Gyarados@Life Orb
Ability:Moxie
Adamant
252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Dragon Dance
Waterfall
Earthquake/Dragon Tail
Stone Edge/Earthquake/Dragon Tail

i understand conkilidurr is a pretty popular pokemon but ive never gotten him to work effectivily. This is obviously just a suggestion but i find this savey veteran to do better
Gyarados@Life Orb
Ability:Moxie
Adamant
252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Dragon Dance
Waterfall
Earthquake/Dragon Tail
Stone Edge/Earthquake/Dragon Tail
Thanks. I might try it but Conkldur has worked wonders for me, and I loose a Excadrill and Cloyster check

okay. disregarding what the last person has said, Roobushin / Conkeldurr is actually amazing and can sweep teams once you take out its counters.

Of course, you could always replace Ononokusu / Haxorus with what he suggested, because it just sucks in general

You mentioned hyper beam as a filler for Kerudio, and I'd suggest swapping it for calm mind, for some sweeping potential.

Unfortunately metagross is not the steel of choice for stealth rocks this generation.
I'd suggest a set like this

Jirachi @ leftovers:
252 hp 160 sp defense 80 attack and whatevers left into defense
Body slam
iron head
stealth rock
(filler)

okay. disregarding what the last person has said, Roobushin / Conkeldurr is actually amazing and can sweep teams once you take out its counters.

Of course, you could always replace Ononokusu / Haxorus with what he suggested, because it just sucks in general
This I really might try. But don't knock it till u try it, haxorus can be surprisingly good.

Why would I put calm mind on a scarfed revenge killer?

Im not Saying Konklidurr cant work io just havent found a way to use him effectivily with that horrible sp def stat, But ya Replacing Haxorus would be a fine addition as well.

I really hope you can keep that Jirachi alive and away from Magnezones, because without it Trick Room Reuniclus packing HP Ice sweeps you short of a double dragon sac if it can get in. I'm unsure if even Yache Berry can save Garchomp long enough to do some real damage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)