Double Dragons Hyper Offense

Introduction

The double dragon strategy aims to weaken and kill the opponents dragon type resists until one of the dragons can break through and sweep. This strategy is the UU equivalent "4Drag2Mag" strategy which uses Magnezone and Magneton to remove the Steel types however Magneton does not work due to the lack of viable steel types that Magneton can effectively get rid of and if the opponent does not have a steel type Magneton is pretty much a dead weight, maybe i could try Gothitelle to be a more effective trapper? This team is a Hyper Offensive team and aims to keep constant pressure with the two powerful Dragons and Hazards.​

Quick Glance

In-Depth

King Pin (Kingdra) (F) @ Choice Specs

Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse
- Surf

Surf is used to for a reliable water type stab to be used if i don't have to use Hydro Pump to get the KO (Can be swapped to HP Electric to hit Empoleon)

Kingdra's nature has been Changed from Timid to Modest as recommended by cim and DestinyUnknown because using Timid does not allow Kingdra to outspeed anything important as it's main check Flygon till outspeeds it otherwise. Modest allows me to 2HKO common CroCune with Draco Meteor. 4 Sp. Def EV's are given so Porygon2 does not get a Download boost.

This team is build around Kingdra and would not function without it. Kingdra is here to keep constant pressure and to beat down on the opponents team to gradually weaken and eventually destroy the opponents team. Kingdra has a surprise factor as many people will switch their Suicune or other bulky waters switch blindly into Kingdra thinking i am the common ChestoRest set only to be decimated by a specs Draco Meteor, 66.3% - 78.2% on the first hit and on the second 33.4% - 39.4% with Stealth Rocks and spikes up it will always be a 2HKO . Not much can wall this beast especially when equipped with Choice Specs barring Umbreon and Empoleon. Draco hits Max Sp. Def Empoleon for 29% - 34.1% and 45.9% - 54.3% to Max Sp. Def Umbreon which can easily wish stall me all day. However with 3 layers of spikes up there switching in capabilities are severely hindered. Kingdra is here to remove the physical walls so Flygon will have an easier time sweeping and overall just weakening the opponents team. I try to reveal that i am Specs as late as i can to get them surprise KO's. If Kingdra can not pull of a late game sweep the least it will do is punch holes in the opposing team, more often than not Kingdra will be able to sweep once the faster pokes like Flygon have been removed by the likes of Mienshou and gradual hazards damage.

Zap (Flygon) (F) @ Choice Band

Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- U-turn
- Fire Punch/Stone Edge

Jolly is chosen over Adamant to outspeed as much things as possible and to keep up with Pokes like Zapdos, Shaymin and other Band Flygons, 4 Sp. Def EV's are given so Porygon2 does not get a Download boost. Might go Adamant i have been missing out on a few KO's by a smidgin, any thoughts?

Flygon is also an essential member of this team as it forms the offensive core with Kingdra to keep the offensive pressure on the opposing walls and steel types. People in the UU meta game have come accustomed to believing all Flygons are scarf which is why Band Flygon works so well. Choice band Flygon packs a punch and can do good damage to switch ins if you predict correctly for example Fire Punch hits max Defense Bronzong for 47.3% - 56.2% giving it a good chance for a 2HKO and if he opts to switch out he will not be able to survive the next Outrage assault or any 2 hits from Kingdra. Flygon can scout to gain offensive momentum, also Flygon removes Special walls to open up for a Kingdra sweep, they work side by side together to weaken the opponents team until one of them can break through and sweep. I have thought about switching to Scarf on my Flygon to check Raikou however this would make my Flygon too weak in my opinion.

X-Teammates replaced by Qwilfish

Cobalion @ Leftovers Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Close Combat

At this point in time i had my two main sweepers sorted and i wanted to add in a Poke that could try to eliminate the Dragon checks, this is where i tried Magneton but it did just not cut it so i opted for Cobalion which has great synergy with Flygon and Kingdra resisting the Dragon and Ice. Cobalion also helps with the Umbreon and Empoleon, however you have to be careful switching into scald. Cobalion can force quite alot of switches giving you time to set up the stealth rocks. Swords dance is used to attempt a Cobalion sweep as once my opponent sees the Stealth Rocks they will believe i am a bulky Cobalion and will be caught of guard when i Swords Dance. Close Combat is used for powerful stab and Stone Edge is used over Iron Head for coverage.

Swampert (F) @ Leftovers

Trait: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Punch

Qwilfish (F) @ Leftovers Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave/Haze
- Waterfall
- Pain Split

Qwilfish is my teams spiker, with Qwilfish it is so easy to get up 3 layers of spikes as he can set up on so much in the tier, with UU being packed full of Fighting types and Fire types which Qwilfish counters, barring Heracross with Earthquake which is really uncommon and Victini which can Zen Headbutt, but my team fears nothing from Victini so that is not a problem. With a Semi-reliable healing move pain split Qwilfish can stick around for quite some time. Thunder Wave is used over Haze to cripple things trying to set up on me, Kingdra benefits from this as it's speed is mediocre so if i can spread around some Paralysis Kingdra with have an easier time, i have thought about using haze so Sub SD Cobalion can't set up on me but i think Thunder Wave can accomplish much more. Spikes work really well with Kingdra, Flygon and Mienshao because with 3 layers of Spikes their counters are no longer counters for example Umbreon, Empoleon and Snorlax can no longer switch into Kingdra more than once, Kingdra's Hydro Pump hits max Sp. Def Empoleon for 25% - 29.3% and with the 25% taken from the 3 layers of spikes Empoleon can no longer switch in safely. My only problem with Qwilfish is that most of the spinner in the tier can freely switch in and spin away my Spikes such as Blastois and Hitmontop although they can not touch me i can not touch them either. This is one of the reasons why i might start using Cofagrigus again serve as a spin blocker.

X-Teammate replaced by Bronzong

Rhyperior (M) @ LeftoversTrait: Solid Rock
EVs: 208 HP / 252 Atk / 48 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Megahorn

After switching out Swampert for Qwilfish i tested the team with no Stealth Rock user but Defensive Zapdos was becoming a pain so i switched out to Rhyperior, sadly loosing my spin blocker. Not only is he my Stealth Rock setter he is one of my checks to Electric types and Fire types, at full HP Rhyperior can tank any coverage move from Raikou or Zapdos and retaliate with the appropriate move, i choose Rock Blast over Stone Edge as Raikou or Zapdos will likely be behind a Sub when you switch in and you can break that Sub and possibly do some nice damage as Rhyperior has a monster attack stat. Rhyperior takes nothing from V-create or Flare Blitz from Darmanitan and can easily set up Stealth Rocks or OHKO with Earthquake. With Solid Rock Rhyperior can tank some weaker Fighting and Ground types attacks like Unboosted Cobalion's Close Combat or Scarfed Flygon's Earthquake and retaliate back with a powerful maybe i should start using Ice Punch over Megahorn to hit Flygon however this would mean i can not hit things like Slowbro and Azelf. My only problem with Rhyperior is that he lures in Pokes like Suicune or Shaymin, and if my own Shaymin is down Calm Mind Suicune and Shaymin can be a problem to this team.

Bronzong @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic

Bronzong is a bit of an oddball in this team, he doesn't really do much offense wise but he is just here is to set up Stealth Rocks and to take any hits that my other Pokemon do not want to take, Bronzong is also here to deal with CM Raikou, Flygons, Physical Kingdra and also he is handy to Toxic Porygon2. A Kingdra setting up Dragon Dances on Bronzong is no Problem as it powers up his Gyro Ball, i will hit Kingdra and force him to rest once he has used his Chesto Berry i can either hit him with a very poweful Gyro Ball or Toxic him to cut short his sweep. I originally wanted an offensive Stealth Rock setter on this team which is why i tried Rhyperior, however i found myself to weak to Ice and Grass type attacks that the rest of my team didn't want to take. Bronzong is useful as it lures in Fire types this benefits me as i can just rack up some more Hazards damage and switch to either Qwilfish or Kingdra to soak the Fire type attack. Bronzong is a great switch in to Weavile, Krookodile and Raikou, Weavile which like to switch in on my Qwilfish and Flygon. Stealth Rocks is only reason why Bronzong is chosen and he is manages to set them up i am happy, If i could find a replacement from Bronzong i really would replace him.

X-Teammate replaced by Shaymin

Rotom-H @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Trick
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Rotom is the faster Poke on my team and serves as the Revenge killer (also useful against Empoleon) Rotom can revenge things such as Heracross, Empoleon, Weavile all being threats to this team and more that i can't think of from the top of my head, Rotom can also trick Umbreon a Scarf making it useless. Rotom is also useful againt Scrafty which is another threat as Rotom can switch in and outspeed Scrafty at plus 1 and trick him the scarf depending on what he locks into i can switch to either Cobalion to get the Justified boost or Cofagrigus to avoid the Drain punch.

Shaymin @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power
- Air Slash
- Rest

Air Slash is chosen over other coverage moves to hit things like Band Heracross and Scrafty for good damage.

In the UU tier there are only a couple of viable offensive grass types that can be used such as Roserade, Shaymin and perhaps Sceptile, I thought about using Roserade but in the end i picked Shaymin over the other Grass-types because of a few reason.
It has a really great bulk with 100/100/100 defenses which allows it to take on opponents like Flygon, Krookodile and Sharpedo also i wanted to be able to out speed pokes such as Band Heracross and Nidoking, Air Slash will most of the time KO Heracross and Earth Power will hit Nidoking for really nice damage. With access to Rest and Natural Cure, if you predict correctly Shaymin will be on the battlefield for a long time.

Rotom-H was used to be in this spot to deal damage to bulky waters but i switched to Shaymin because i wanted to be able to switch in on them without fearing a water type attack. Shaymin is also a good absorber of status moves and can easily switch in when you expecting a scald which is an asset to the team as most of the Pokes on my Team would be crippled by a Burn or a Thunder Wave coming of a Registeel or Slowbro.
The secondary effect of Shaymin main stab move Seed Flare lets it beat most special walls, For example, if Snorlax switches i have a 40% of getting the and Sp. Def drop this means it's forced to switch out meaning it will forced to switch out or it will be KOed by the next Seed Flare, if Snorlax does switch out this will leave him on around 50% so he will not be able switch in on my Kingdra anymore as any of it's moves will be a clean 2HKO, all in all Shaymin plays a Valuable role in this team and i think he will be staying around.

X-teammate replaced by Mienshao

Pluto (Weavile) (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit/Sword Dance
- Low Kick
- Ice Punch/Night slash

Being one of the fastest Pokes in the tier only loosing out to by Crobat and Aerodactyl which he can OHKO with Ice Shard if Stealth rocks are up, Weavile is nothing to be messed around with late game, once all the Scarfed Fire types have been removed Weavile can go on a rampage. I have thought about switching Pursuit out for Swords Dance but i am yet to test it. If Flygon is Locked into Outrage it is as good as dead however Pursuit does 64.8% - 76.1% to Flygon on the switch severely weakening Flygon or taking it out Pursuit is useful to generally take out weakened pokes and also Slowbro as Pursuit does 55.3% - 66% on the switch. Night Slash can be used over Ice Punch to hit Ghosts and Psychics harder but i find Ice Punch much for effective as no Ghost or Psychics want to stay in on Weavile also i find Ice Shard is too weak against the likes of Rhyperior and Shaymin. Weavile is also useful to dent or finish of Pokes like Umbreon, Registeel, Empoleon and Snorlax doing around 60% to each with the appropriate move except to Snorlax which Low Kick cleanly OHKO's. Pursuit is useful to generally take out weakened pokes and also Slowbro as Pursuit does 55.3% - 66% on the switch. With the newly added Spikes to my team i thought Weavile could take a Different role in this team and act as a late game cleaner, so i am testing the Swords Dance set to see how it works out. After some testing i feel like Weavile is the weakest link of the team as i am often underwhelmed with the damage he does i feel like either Weavile or Shaymin have to be removed to make way for a Power Scarfed Pokemon to revenge kill threats to this team, but that Pokemon also has to be able to take Ice Type attacks well. I have thought about reverting back to Scarfed Rotom-H, if anyone has any thoughts feel free to help me out.

Mienshao (M) @ Choice Scarf Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Hi Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Aerial Ace
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Change Recommended by Pokemazter

Mienshao is here to Revenge threats such as Raikou, Plus one Kingdra, Plus 2 Scrafty, Scarf Heracross and Flygon. I have felt like my team has been in need of another Scarfed Pokemon every since Rotom-H was banished as i needed a Pokemon that could keep up with opposing Scarfers and deny their sweep. Mienshao fits this role as it can revenge some important threats to this team like a Scarf Flygon locked into Outrage HP Ice will be able to take out a Flygon if it's weakened doing 78.4% - 93% to standard Scarf Flygon. Aerial ace is used over Stone Edge as i wanted to be able to Revenge Moxie Scarf Heracross as it will clean OHKO all of my team is Bronzong and Qwilfish are down, Aerial Ace will always be a OHKO to standard Scarf Heracross 107.3% - 127.2%, not having Stone Edge does mean i cannot hit Chandelure which can be annoying sometimes also it means i am walled by Zapdos as HP Ice will do nothing. Mienshou does much of the same Job Weavile did as it removes special walls such as
Umbreon, Registeel, Empoleon and Snorlax which can all wall my Kingdra and Flygon. Mienshou works very well this the Dragons as much of their checks and counters are the same so they work together to remove them, when facing a team with lots of Scarfers and fast Pokes Mienshou is useful to finish the game off.

Conclusion

I have been quite successful with this team, so far my ranking is Your rank in Wifi UU is 61/13837 [1317 points / 15 battles]! i hope to reach 1500+ i can't show you my ranking from the leader board because for some reason the print screen will not show up on this thread. From the 15 battles I've had so far, i lost two, one due to hax. After using the "Double Dragon" strategy i really like it, however i feel i have not used it to it's full potential, i believe this team can still be improved with your help, when rating please be aware that this is a Hyper Offensive team meaning i will always be wanting to have offensive pressure on the opponent at the moment this is done by Kingdra and Flygon always having pressure on the opponents walls, i also have a U-turn core in the form of Flygon and Mienshou to gain offensive momentum, this part of the team works very well but i still think it could be improved. Thank you for reading my RMT and i hope you can help me to improve my team. I feel like this team at the moment is weak to Ice and Fighting type attacks especially if a Porygon2 gets a download boost with the Bolt-Beam coverage and Tri-attack it can work through my team. Another problem is that i feel Qwilfish has too much pressure on him being my only check to Fighting types such as Heracross and Mienshou and i feel like i need another Pokemon to ease his job. I also find that this team is Generally weak to Powerful Scarfed Pokemon, except any Fire type Scarfers which i fear nothing from, as two main players in this team. The weakest links in my team at the moment are Shaymin and Weavile and i will replace them if anyone can suggest a good replacement, bear in mind this is a Hyper Offensive team so i will only add pokemon that work with the "Double Dragon" strategy.

For testers

Bronzong @ Leftovers Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic

Qwilfish (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Haze
- Waterfall
- Pain Split

King Pin (Kingdra) (F) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Swift Swim
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse
- Surf

Shaymin @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power
- Air Slash
- Rest

Mienshao (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Hi Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Aerial Ace
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Zap (Flygon) (F) @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- U-turn
- Fire Punch

Individual Threats
(will be updated for the new changes to the team)

Ugh this thing I'm glad it's uncommon as it can revenge Flygon and Kingdra. If i see a Ditto i can't lock into Outrage or set up with Weavile until it is down and Ditto usually sticks around till late game as it is a hit and run Pokemon.​

Bronzong can counter Flygons that arn't banded and have Fire Punch and hit him with a poweful Gyro Ball. Can be revenged with HP Ice from Mienshao. Qwilfish can come in an intimidate and lure him to go for Earthquake, if i have to Qwilfish can take an Earthquake and hit him with a Waterfall.

Against a Dragon Dancing Kingdra Qwilfish can usually take him on if i can get a Thunder Wave of on this thing it is no longer a threat as both my Flygon and Kingdra and outspeed and kill him. A rain dance Kingdra is no problem, as long as he is not randomly using max speed which the pretty much never do, my own Kingdra can out speed and kill him.

Sub CM Raikou can be handled by Bronzong i just have to make sure i keep him healthy. Specs Raikou is a pain my best bet is prediction and i have to wear it down with Spikes and switch in damage. Mienshao can pick of weakened Sub CM and Specs Raikou as he out speeds, as long as he is not behind a sub.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This isn't a huge change or anything, but I think if Kingdra was Sniper the Specs set would occasionally perform better. I also think Timid isn't terribly necessary - the main things you get the jump on are Adamant Heracross and Timid Chandelure which both are not particularly common or important for Kingdra to beat.

Stone Edge on Band Flygon is worthless, don't bother.

I'm not sure how useful a single Trick Room Pokemon is on a team, especially one that needs a second turn to set up regardless. For a team described as "hyper offense" that really kills your momentum.

I'm not very good at evaluating how teams perform against threats, or making recommendations for replacement along those lines, though, so what you replace it with is up to you. I don't think Gothitelle has much it can really trap effectively.

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
Hey Mojoee,

You have a pretty cool team and it seems very solid, but it has a big weakness to electric-type pokemon such as Raikou and Zapdos, since your only check, Flygon, is easily koed by Hidden Power Ice. You're also a bit weak to Choice Scarf Flygon and Dragon Dance Kingdra, as you have mentioned. Since Cobalion looks like the most replaceable member of your team, you could use Swampert instead of Cobalion, as it can act as a check to both electric-types and physical threats like Flygon. Swampert can still set up Stealth Rock, and it's a more reliable Stealth Rock settler than Cobalion, so no worries here.

Swampert@Leftovers | Torrent
Relaxed Nature | 240 HP / 16 Atk / 252 Def
Earthquake / Scald / Stealth Rock / Ice Punch

I would also recommend using a Modest nature on Kingdra, since it's not outspeeding anything important by running Timid, and the extra power is appreciated when taking down bulky pokemon like Suicune or Snorlax.

This isn't a huge change or anything, but I think if Kingdra was Sniper the Specs set would occasionally perform better. I also think Timid isn't terribly necessary - the main things you get the jump on are Adamant Heracross and Timid Chandelure which both are not particularly common or important for Kingdra to beat.

Stone Edge on Band Flygon is worthless, don't bother.

I'm not sure how useful a single Trick Room Pokemon is on a team, especially one that needs a second turn to set up regardless. For a team described as "hyper offense" that really kills your momentum.

I'm not very good at evaluating how teams perform against threats, or making recommendations for replacement along those lines, though, so what you replace it with is up to you. I don't think Gothitelle has much it can really trap effectively.
Swift swim is used for the occasional rain team that i might bump into and i will be switching to Modest nature on Kingdra. Cofagrigus only come in late game to attempt a sweep, if i am sure it isn't going to be able to sweep it is useful to generally take hits from the likes of Mienshou and Heracross, there are other Ghost types that i could trail such as Mismagius and Chandelure but Mismagus does not take Megahorns or Stone Edges very well at all and Chandelure takes 25% from the SR, i feel like i need Cofagrigus. Thanks for the rate.

Hey Mojoee,

You have a pretty cool team and it seems very solid, but it has a big weakness to electric-type pokemon such as Raikou and Zapdos, since your only check, Flygon, is easily koed by Hidden Power Ice. You're also a bit weak to Choice Scarf Flygon and Dragon Dance Kingdra, as you have mentioned. Since Cobalion looks like the most replaceable member of your team, you could use Swampert instead of Cobalion, as it can act as a check to both electric-types and physical threats like Flygon. Swampert can still set up Stealth Rock, and it's a more reliable Stealth Rock settler than Cobalion, so no worries here.

Swampert@Leftovers | Torrent
Relaxed Nature | 240 HP / 16 Atk / 252 Def
Earthquake / Scald / Stealth Rock / Ice Punch

I would also recommend using a Modest nature on Kingdra, since it's not outspeeding anything important by running Timid, and the extra power is appreciated when taking down bulky pokemon like Suicune or Snorlax.
Hey DestinyUnknown thanks for the rate, like you said Raikou is a threat to my team so i will test Swampert, however it might result in me being even more walled by Umbreon, also i will be switching to Modest nature on Kingdra running Modest would allow me to 2HKO Umbreon with Hydro Pump praying they both hit and Draco Meteor will be a guaranteed 2HKO on CroCune.

It has a big weakness to electric-type pokemon such as Raikou and Zapdos, since your only check, Flygon, is easily koed by Hidden Power Ice. You're also a bit weak to Choice Scarf Flygon and Dragon Dance Kingdra, as you have mentioned.
Posted here because i could not edit my post. Raikou is a big threat to this team, i have thought about incorporating Shaymin into this team, perhaps Scarf Shaymin over Rotom with Seed Flare, Earth Power, HP [Fire] and Psychic this would allow me to deal with Raikou as people do not expect Scarf Shaymin and will go for the HP [Ice] but i will be able to out speed and kill with Earth Power, adding Shaymin would also increase the synergy of my team as i already have 2 Fire resists and a third is not really needed.

If you want a Raikou counter, Swampert is probably your best bet as they run HP Ice most often, not HP Grass, and it can Roar out CM types:

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers/Iron Ball
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 SpD (PS gave EVs), can move some from Atk to SpD if desired
Nature: Careful/Adamant
-Earthquake
-Waterfall
-Roar/Curse
-Curse/Fling

This would go in Kingdra's slot as it gives a very powerful Water STAB and can also fling an Iron Ball and use Roar to handicap threats such as Raikou and Mismagius. Sadly this means you would have to sacrifice one of your main sweepers. Think about it, though.

If you want a Raikou counter, Swampert is probably your best bet as they run HP Ice most often, not HP Grass, and it can Roar out CM types:

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers/Iron Ball
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 SpD (PS gave EVs), can move some from Atk to SpD if desired
Nature: Careful/Adamant
-Earthquake
-Waterfall
-Roar/Curse
-Curse/Fling

This would go in Kingdra's slot as it gives a very powerful Water STAB and can also fling an Iron Ball and use Roar to handicap threats such as Raikou and Mismagius. Sadly this means you would have to sacrifice one of your main sweepers. Think about it, though.
I have thought about adding Swampert to my team but Kingdra is irreplaceable on this team as without him it would not be "Double Dragons" i thought about Switching out Cobalion for Swampert I'm testing it at the moment.

I have thought about adding Swampert to my team but Kingdra is irreplaceable on this team as without him it would not be "Double Dragons" i thought about Switching out Cobalion for Swampert I'm testing it at the moment.
Okay, but you should definitely use Curse and maybe 252 HP/4 Atk/252 SpD to help with bulk more.

Okay, but you should definitely use Curse and maybe 252 HP/4 Atk/252 SpD to help with bulk more.
I found that it was too hard to set up curses with Swampert so i don't think ill be using the cures set. The standard tank set worked just fine though.

Reading over your threatlist, I have a suggestion for your want for a fast Choice Scarf Pokemon that can handle most, if not every threat on that list.

The suggestion is Choice Scarf Mienshao over Weavile. Unlike what most people think, this set is anything but a gimmick, providing to be the tier's fastest revenge killer. Hi Jump Kick eliminates +1 Kingdra, any Raikou not behind a Substitute, and does wonders against many of the other Scarfers in the tier. It can be a bit unreliable because of that 95 accuracy, btu I've never found it to be a problem. Hidden Power Ice is also rather handy for opposing Flygon, as Mienshao can come in on the revenge kill or predicted switch, and OHKO with HP Ice. U-turn can provide your team with a lot of momentum, leaving you room to get a better sweeper and or one of your tanks out on the opposing Pokemon. Stone Edge is there for coverage, and helps loads against the like of Togekiss and Zapdos if need be.

Choice Scarf Mienshao > SD Weavile

Mienshao @ Choice Scarf
Regenerator
Naive Nature
252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
- Hi Jump Kick
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power Ice
- U-Turn

Good luck with the team.

Have you tried running an Physical Kingdra? It might help but since Flygon is Physical It would be your call.

Reading over your threatlist, I have a suggestion for your want for a fast Choice Scarf Pokemon that can handle most, if not every threat on that list.

The suggestion is Choice Scarf Mienshao over Weavile. Unlike what most people think, this set is anything but a gimmick, providing to be the tier's fastest revenge killer. Hi Jump Kick eliminates +1 Kingdra, any Raikou not behind a Substitute, and does wonders against many of the other Scarfers in the tier. It can be a bit unreliable because of that 95 accuracy, btu I've never found it to be a problem. Hidden Power Ice is also rather handy for opposing Flygon, as Mienshao can come in on the revenge kill or predicted switch, and OHKO with HP Ice. U-turn can provide your team with a lot of momentum, leaving you room to get a better sweeper and or one of your tanks out on the opposing Pokemon. Stone Edge is there for coverage, and helps loads against the like of Togekiss and Zapdos if need be.

Mienshao @ Choice Scarf
Regenerator
Naive Nature
252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
- Hi Jump Kick
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power Ice
- U-Turn

Good luck with the team.
Scarf Mienshao works great it does the same job Weavile did but better and more. I chose to run Aerial Ace over Stone Edge as i wanted to be able to revenge Heracross, i might start using Stone Edge to hit Chandelure on the switch and not being able to hit Zapdos and Togekiss is annoying. Thanks for the rate.

Have you tried running an Physical Kingdra? It might help but since Flygon is Physical It would be your call.
I did test Dragon Dance Kingdra out but i did not like it, it does not do enough damage of the bat and has to waste a turn or two setting up before it can do big damage whereas the Specs set does not need to waste time setting up and does insane damage of the bat, thanks for the suggestion though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)