Project Doubles Teambuilding Competition - ON HIATUS

Status
Not open for further replies.

GenOne

DOU main. GMT-7. PS!: GenOne
is a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Double-Edge
- Hyper Voice
- Tailwind
- Protect

Jirachi @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Def / 164 SpD
Impish Nature
- Follow Me
- Iron Head
- Icy Wind
- Protect

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Taunt
- Protect

Heatran @ Grassium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power
- Solar Beam
- Protect

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 Atk / 32 SpA / 224 Spe
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Ice Beam
- Simple Beam

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Def / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Dazzling Gleam
- Calm Mind
- Protect
Straightforward team with a hidden gimmick that's a ton of fun to use. Salamence, Jirachi, Heatran and Koko are all in the team pretty much just because they are top-tier mons that you can't go wrong using, even though the team thus far is basically "Loses to Landorus: The Team":
  • Salamence: I like mixed Salamence with Tailwind, so that's what I went with since I wanted a solid speed control option. It's just a standard 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252+ Spe spread; Double Edge still kills what it needs to, Hyper Voice is powered up to the max, and Salamence still hits the speed benchmark it's supposed to.

• Jirachi: Tbh, I just use the ORAS analysis spread since it already lives a Modest 252+ Charizard Y Heat Wave in sun, which seems to be what most people benchmark for. I could potentially drop Def for Spe investment to outspeed and flinch Heatrans, but this team doesn't really need that, so I just kept the Def. Sitrus > Goggles because what's an Amoonguss anymore? + I have two Tapus that negate sleep + I have enough mons that kill it.

• Tapu Koko: Literally just the standard Koko set. Pretty self-explanitory.

• Heatran: Grassium Z Bloom Doom Tran to lure Water-type mons for the kill. I like Timid for the Heatran mirrors and b/c not as many people EV for Timid tran, but go Modest if you want. A simple 4 / 252 / 252 spread works since I'm not running sub; Lando Rock Slides doing > 25% doesn't really matter on this set.
Okay, so here's where the team gets fun. The next two mons form a sort of gimmicky core, yet it's completely functional without this said gimmick.
  • Genesect: As I said above, the team thus far pretty much clicks X against Lando, so that needs to be patched up. Max-Spe Scarf Genesect outruns Timid Lando and kills with Ice Beam. It also runs Iron Head and U-Turn for STAB, notably helping out against Lele spam and Bulu (Gunk Shot is also a nice alternative option if you want to lure and kill Koko and Fini). Okay, so here's the defining feature of my team: Genesect's fourth move is Simple Beam, and it can literally help Tapu Fini win games. It's recommended to use Simple Beam on Fini when you can force a switch by bluffing another move (eg. bluffing Ice Beam on Lando/Mence, or bluffing Iron head on Tapu Lele). It's important not to get greedy; as fun as Simple Beam is, there are still times where it's better just to attack, since CM Fini is already good on its own...which brings me to:

• Tapu Fini: This is my take on Calm Mind Fini. Using it is pretty straightforward, and if you get the chance to Simple Beam it, all the better :D
    My EV spread accomplishes the following:
    • Outspeeds Timid 252 Spe Heatran to avoid being lured and hit by Bloom Doom
    • Dumps 252 EVs into Def, since you'll be building up SpD through Calm Mind
    • Rest in HP for more bulk, since your SpA will also come from Calm Mind

Last edited:

Bewear is a good pokemon

Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 116 HP / 140 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Roost
- Protect

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Superpower

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect

Bewear @ Life Orb
Ability: Fluffy
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Atk / 60 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 SpA / 0 Spe
- Hammer Arm
- Return
- Ice Punch
- Protect

Milotic @ Psychic Seed
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Icy Wind
- Recover
- Protect

Aegislash @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 160 SpA / 16 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield

i started with bewear + aegi since they have nice synergy. added milotic so i could add both landot/mence to help deal with the metagame in general since theyre some of the best mons, gives 2 ground resists to help with aegi. tapu koko covers waters, especially milo so i dont get 6-0d. ghostium z is a neat lure for rachi to help bear + mence since rachi walls both of them pretty well. teams not the greatest all of time but it has bewear and all my other mence teams are frania offense + filler lol.

mence sand incoming

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Iron Head

Tapu Bulu @ Grassium Z
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Protect

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hyper Voice
- Tailwind
- Protect

Aegislash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 168 SpA / 88 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Wide Guard
- Substitute
- King's Shield

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Drill Run
- Iron Head
- Protect

This team has seen some good results in seasonals both used by me and some other people I've passed to. Basic idea was a take on the common "japan sand" kinda archetype that got a lot of use in vgc 15. Opted for fire blast and tailwind on mence because I really felt like the team needed speed control outside excadrill and a way to break ferrothorn and celesteela. Ttar is band to do lots of damages with rock slide and pursuit memes, exca is jolly to outspeed timid tran and go fast in sand. Aegislash is sub WG bc that's probably the best set and helps my landog matchup a bit. Further helping landog matchup is bulu which I made grassium to kinda nuke some fatter teams and keep it healthier than spamming wood hammer. Lele is specs, which is the set i'm not totally sold on, but its almost always good for a kill because pretty much nothing besides steela takes specs psychics.
here are some replays of it doing things:

here are some replays of it doing things:
My seasonals round 1: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankdoublesou-512911700
Hairy Toenail seasonal r2: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankdoublesou-516879110
P2 seasonal round 2 but kami lucked him at the end, team was still the moral victor: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankdoublesou-517824805

Volcanion Sandstorm

I started with the common core of Mence + Sand. Tyranitar has Choice Band to have a higher chance to OHKO Mence, Jirachi, and Aegislash, and Excadrill is there for obvious reasons. Bulu provides Grassy Terrain, which neutralizes Sand's weakness to Earthquake, and makes use of Bloom Doom, basically one hell of a nuke. Zapdos acts as an extra insurance to the team; it provides Tailwind, checks Water-types, and is immune to ground-type moves, making the team's foundation even more dependable. The last mon in the slot is Volcanion with the move Sandstorm. It's perhaps the only mon that can setup Sandstorm in front of Sun and Rain, and it easily baits opposing setters to come in as well. This surprise move causes opposing Weathers to "scramble" into defense, giving the team the opportunity to make "care-free" attacks or set up Tailwind. By doing this, the team become that much harder to beat, and this is even if the opponent succeeds in setting up their Weather in following turns. Other things to note is that Tailwind allows Tyranitar and Volcanion to outspeed Deoxys-A, and allows Zapdos to outspeed Mence (+1).

Volcanion is really not that bad as players currently think, but I guess that's just my opinion. :/

Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Draco Meteor
- Protect
- Tailwind

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Atk / 248 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Ice Punch
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
- Low Kick

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Protect
- Drill Run
- Rock Slide

Tapu Bulu @ Grassium Z
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Superpower
- Wood Hammer
- Taunt
- Protect

Zapdos @ Expert Belt
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 64 SpA / 40 SpD / 72 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roost
- Tailwind

Volcanion @ Wiki Berry
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 204 HP / 128 SpA / 176 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower
- Steam Eruption
- Protect
- Sandstorm

Last edited:

Laga

Forever Grande
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Milotic @ Icium Z
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 248 HP / 24 Def / 168 SpA / 68 SpD
Calm Nature
- Haze
- Icy Wind
- Scald
- Protect

Deoxys-Attack @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 44 Atk / 212 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Protect

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Dazzling Gleam
- Shadow Ball

Zygarde @ Soft Sand
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Glare
- Thousand Arrows
- Dragon Dance
- Protect

Jirachi @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Icy Wind
- Iron Head
- Follow Me
- Protect

EVs: 252 HP / 52 Atk / 32 SpD / 172 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Roost
- Protect

So this team is one I've used for a long way throughout kickoff tour and seasonals. It's also the only viable team you'll ever see using haze and double DD. It's very much a hyper-offensive team built around Jirachi and Lele, with quite a terrible capability of switching into strong attacks. on the flipside though, if you can properly grab momentum, this team is almost sure to win against most things.

Playing around double DD is extremely hard for the enemy, because the only realistic method do deal with a well played core of Zygarde, Mence, and Jirachi is to spam Icy Wind, which is why Milotic is there. Lele and Deo are there because I enjoy the insane offensiver pressure they bring, but one could easily substitute those two for more bulky options. The team would still have a similar objective.

Sylveon.

Penny saved is still a fucking penny

Team :
Salamence @ Salamencite
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Atk / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Roost
- Protect
- Dragon Dance

Jirachi @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Def / 224 SpD
Careful Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Iron Head
- Icy Wind
- Follow Me
- Trick Room

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Belly Drum
- Protect

Tapu Bulu @ Assault Vest
EVs: 176 HP / 80 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- Stone Edge / Nature's Madness
- Horn Leech

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 Atk / 76 SpA / 180 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Hyperspace Hole
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect

Zapdos @ Electrium Z
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Def / 80 SpA / 124 SpD / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Tailwind
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roost

Description :
  • Team is built around double set-up of bulky mence which just wins against most teams late game and azumarill, well it does what azu has been doing since it's inception. I have been fiddling with play rough on azu initially since it gives it an excellent match-up against opposing dragons like mence but eventually I switched to knock off to 1 shot opposing rachi. Coming to rachi obviously it's just a great mon to have for a set-up heavy team like this and carries trick room enabling late game azu sweep if possible.
  • Next up I added AV Bulu to have a more than a decent match-up against bulky waters. The set lives a char-y heat wave in a pinch to KO it with stone edge. Nature's Madness is cute to drop switch-ins like celesteela, mence, tran to 50%. Now since I was feeling a bit weak to Aegislash, I just added the ultimate counter in hoopa-unbound and to support it tailwind zapdos which gives me my own mence check, and we all know how tough it is to wall hoopa under tailwind. Gunk Shot is an option over hp ice on hoopa since hyperspace fury 2 shots most hp ice targets anyways.

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
Votin' time! To vote, just post the name of the guy you're voting for.

FighterVGC
GenOne
GreenGogoatttt
miltankmilk
Test Bot #
Laga
darksylvion

Deadline of voting on Monday GMT noon!

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
With 5 votes, darksylvion takes the week!

However, slashes on teams aren't really allowed. In play, you can only bring one of those moves; whatever you choose from the slashes should be reflective of your own skill as a builder, and having both of those in a submission would be against the point. This is your own team; this isn't an analysis. While I did hold back some teams before because of this rule, it's not actually explicitly stated in the OP (fsr, I thought I put it there ages ago "-_-) so I'll give this one case a pass with the first move listed being regarded as the submission.

In the future, no slashes on submissions please.

This week, we're building around Shaymin-Sky! Banned for a good amount of XY, that boy comes back to SM to once again serve its role as a deadly fast attacker. With its high Speed, powerful moves, and annoying Serene Grace-boosted secondary effects, it handily functions as "support" by being able to keep in check a slew of attackers for its teammates. It's quite frail though, forcing it to run a Focus Sash.

Deadling of building on Saturday GMT noon!

The greatest builders of our generation, BlueSkiddoWeCanToo & thebagman present:
Terrifying Cuteness

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Sky Drop
- Rock Slide
- Ice Fang
- Protect

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Shadow Bone
- Bonemerang
- Protect

Shaymin-Sky @ Focus Sash
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power
- Protect

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 164 HP / 252 Atk / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Belly Drum
- Protect

Jirachi @ Iapapa Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Def / 96 SpD / 108 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Icy Wind
- Follow Me
- Trick Room

Landorus-Therian @ Assault Vest
EVs: 176 Atk / 88 SpD / 244 Spe
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Superpower

The team was originally created based around the core of skymin + azumarill. They compliment each other nicely and it doesn't hurt to have a back up 100%* fake out in air slash skymin in case you lose jirachi ;). Jirachi was the obvious addition, helping azu set up and protecting s[/FONT]kymin from ice attacks. We went with TR on rachi over icy wind and from there decided to make the team semi-room. From there we went with a slower mon in marowak which provides azu and skymin protection from threats like koko with lightning rod. It's also an excellent char-y and tapu lele check. Lando-T was added because every good team needs intimidate and lando-t is always a good choice this gen. We went with mega-aero for a faster component outside of TR and because it beats mence and char-y. Sky drop provides a fun way to stop annoying threats and TR. I went with ice fang as the aero third move for mence and lando, but there are also other options like wide guard and aqua tail.
*Results may vary. Please consult your doctor before administering hax.

Last edited:

EVs: 80 HP / 32 Atk / 36 SpA / 108 SpD / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Double-Edge
- Protect
- Tailwind

Jirachi @ Figy Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Atk / 48 Def / 124 SpD
Impish Nature
- Follow Me
- Iron Head
- Protect
- Healing Wish

Shaymin-Sky @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Earth Power
- Seed Flare
- Protect

Heatran @ Grassium Z
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 7 Spe
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Solar Beam
- Protect

LordOfTheRings (Hoopa-Unbound) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Magician
EVs: 196 HP / 244 Atk / 60 Def / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Hyperspace Hole
- Gunk Shot
- Protect

Tapu Lele @ Life Orb
EVs: 24 HP / 248 SpA / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Taunt
- Protect

So,first off mence is ev'd to live
hp ice from modest tran.It also has enough special attack to ohko zygarde and zard.Mence is bulky enough to get off twind and still provide offensive pressure.My next mon on my team, jirachi,can live a heat wave in the sun from modest tran and lives thousand arrows from +1 zygarde.AND has a 56.3 percent chance to ohko no bulk tapu lele. Regarding
jirachi's moves i opted to go with healing wish mostly for shaymin.If shaymin is hit but doesn't use its sash you can healing wish into shaymin and you'll be able to use its sash.And on tapu lele i ev'd it to out speed max speed hoopa and decided to go with taunt to improve my tr matchup.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankdoublesou-522954929

Last edited:

Shaymin-Sky @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Air Slash
- Tailwind
- Protect

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- Protect

Tapu Lele @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Taunt
- Protect

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 244 HP / 252 SpA / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Protect

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Aegislash @ Leftovers
EVs: 236 HP / 252 SpA / 20 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Flash Cannon
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute
- King's Shield

The team is built around the Metagross-Mega and Tapu Lele Psychic spam core. Shaymin-Sky has seed flare to lower Sp.Atk to help Tapu Lele OHKO anything that would just barley live a Psychic. Shaymin-Sky and Metagross are both Fire weak so i added Heatran because it has flash fire to cause opponents to question if you will switch it in on a predicted flamethrower or not also your opponent if they do go for a heatwave or fire move you will get your own heatwave boosted. Landorus is here because i also needed a better way to take out charizards and it helps Metagross and Heatran with their ground weaknesses, also it provides Intimidate support. lastly Aegislash i didnt know what to put last but looking at it other than Taunt from Tapu Lele i have no other way to deal with TR and while i haven't faced it typically TR setters run mental herb so if i ever do face a TR team i dont want to be unprepared.

For Voting Plz Ignore but if anyone wants to play the team use this Version http://pastebin.com/NeAK3Nu

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)