DP Kangaskhan

Caelum

qibz official stalker
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So, this has been a lead I've been using in UU for the last week or so and it's amazingly fun to use and surprisingly effective. It prays on frail leads and the Fake Out + Focus Punch + Sucker Punch combo is amazingly fun to use against set up leads and just in general. Couple this with counter and you have quite a fun set. Credit goes to SilverSable for showing me this lead. The only downside is that this set requires extremely good prediction to be successful :/. Doesn't look so great on paper but give it a try and you might be surprised.

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/kangaskhan

[SET]
name: Anti-lead
move 1: Fake Out
move 2: Sucker Punch
move 3: Focus Punch
move 4: Counter
item: Lum Berry
ability: Scrappy
nature: Adamant
evs: 252 HP / 56 Atk / 200 Def

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>This Kangaskhan makes an excellent anti-lead in the UU metagame. Kanghaskan's solid attacking power coupled with its good defenses allow it to not only hit relatively hard but also use Counter quite effectively. While this set requires impeccable prediction to be useful, since a wrong use of Focus Punch or Sucker Punch can be fatal, when used correctly it can be quite an effective lead.</p>

<p>In the UU metagame, Kangaskhan is able to take on some of the most common leads such as Aerodactyl, Persian, Steelix, Electrode, and Swellow. Fake Out is a great starting move and with Scrappy not even ghosts are immune to it. Fake Out is also useful for breaking Focus Sash leads such as Aerodactyl and Electrode. Common status leads such as Persian, Purugly, and Banette are dealt heavy damage or are OHKO'd by Focus Punch while Kangaskhan's Lum Berry protects it from said status. Counter is for leads such as Steelix, Aerodactly, and Swellow who will be tempted to stay in and deal heavy damage only to be OHKO'd themselves by Counter.</p>

<p>The given Attack EVs are designed to allow Kangaskhan to take out most common set up leads, such as lead Stealth Rock Aerodactyl or Rain Dance Electrode; with Fake Out, Focus Punch, and then Sucker Punch. The remaining EVs are then allocated to HP and Defense and allow Kangaskhan to take most physical hits, barring Close Combat, and Counter them for an OHKO.</p>

"Anti-Lead" > "Antilead".

Caelum said:
This set requires impeccable prediction to be useful, since a wrong use of Focus Punch or Sucker Punch can be fatal, but when used correctly it can be quite an effective lead.
Nice set! :)

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This looks like a nice set, I'd like some insight on the EVs though. Other than asking for that I don't have much else to say, I haven't spotted any mistakes so this should probably be uploaded as soon as the 48 hours have passed.

Good job.

Caelum

qibz official stalker
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
oh, lol, I forgot my EV paragraph -_-. Let me get to my other computer and find it.

Edit: Added the paragraph.

"The given Attack EVs are designed to allow Kangaskhan to OHKO most common set up leads, such as lead Stealth Rock Aerodactyl or Rain Dance Electrode, with Fake Out, Focus Punch and then Sucker Punch. The remaining EVs are then allocated to HP and Defense and allow Kangaskhan to take most physical hits, barring Close Combat, and Counter it for an OHKO."

Just really nitpicky stuff to make it easier to read.

Again, pretty much flawless stuff from you. Nice one :)

<p>The given Attack EVs are designed to allow Kangaskhan to OHKO most common set up leads, such as lead Stealth Rock Aerodactyl or Rain Dance Electrode, with Fake Out + Focus Punch + Sucker Punch. The remaining EVs were then allocated to HP and Defense and allow Kangaskhan to take almost any physical hit, barring Close Combat, and Counter it for an OHKO.</p>
small nitpick, but if you are using Fake Out + Focus Punch + Sucker Punch, you are not OHKOing but 3HKOing.
also, shouldnt "were" be "are" to preserve the tense (present)?

Caelum

qibz official stalker
fixed twash. I'll let this sit for another day or so to see if I get any other feedback/nitpicks/comments before loading it to SCMS.

@kusaninja: nitpick! but I'm cool with it, I changed OHKO = take out and you are correct about "are".

most physical hits, barring Close Combat, and Counter it for an OHKO.</p>
Another nitpick, but "Physical hits" is plural and "counter it" is singular. You could instead write "and allow Kangaskhan to take any physical hit not called Close Combat and Counter it for a KO."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)