DP Research Thread #1 ("Old")

Status
Not open for further replies.
do you mean test the effects of Crobat and Gengar switching into toxic spikes?

i had someone switch Crobat into Toxic Spikes and if i remember clearly, they were absorbed.

Does anyone know how much Zoom Lens boosts accuracy by? I know Wide Lens is a 10% boost but I figure Zoom Lens should give a slightly better boost seeing it has to go last.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I was also looking over the item list and I found the following.

- Lax Incense: Lower's the opponents chance of landing a critical hit by 5%
This was previously a accuracy lowering item.

- Metal Powder: Raises Ditto's defense and special defense.

- Shoal Salt (A previously useless item): recovers a small bit of HP each turn.

Lax Incense: They made a typo.

Metal Powder: Has been doing that since GSC.

Shoal Salt: We tested it, it did nothing.

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
Serebii says that Speed Powder also raises Ditto's Defense and Special Defense. I think it's a no-brainer that it raises Speed, but can somebody check just in case?

Further testing on Big Root:

The HP recovered from Ingrain is increased by 30%, not 15%. In other words, Big Root always multiplies the HP gained by x1.3, whether it's recovery from Ingrain, Giga Drain, etc.

Team Rocket Elite

Data Integration Thought Entity
is a Top Researcher Alumnus
Tested Assurance with Footnote. If the opponent has taken damage from Life Orb, Recoil or Spikes, Assurance will have double power.

Metronome

Will Metronome increase the power of consecutive hit moves? I.E. would fury swipes increase in power for each swipe or for each time the move is used?

Will Metronome increase the power of consecutive hit moves? I.E. would fury swipes increase in power for each swipe or for each time the move is used?
Unfortunately, no. I just tested it, using Cloyster's Icicle Spear four times in a row against a Floatzel. The last (20th) hit should have been almost 3 times as powerful as the first, but it wasn't much stronger. So, Metronome only increments its count each time the move is used.

This can be more of an Advance question but I seem to have forgotten this. If a Pokémon you're EV training has Exp. Share, and another Pokémon KO's a zubat or something, does the EV trainee receive all of the EV points? This seems really obvious to me but I just need confirmation, as I've never really had to use Exp. Share before.

Just to check... It says that only a few moves have been confirmed to have a boost for Iron Fist. But has it been confirmed that Close Combat DOESN'T have one? Or is that still up in the air?

Confirmed: Payback does double damage to a target switching in.

The name Payback for this move is a bit of a misnomer. Here's the best way to think about it: Every Pokémon has one action per round, be that action a move, an attempted move (confusion damage), a switch, or an item used by the trainer (in in-game battles). If Payback strikes a target after they have used their action in the current round, its power is 100. Otherwise, its power is 50.

So, to be abundantly clear, it doesn't matter whether the user of Payback was attacked by the target, or even attacked at all. All that matters is the order in which actions are taken during the round.

Boa1891

Ninja Researcher
is a Researcher Alumnus
After using Power Trick, Swords Dance still boosts Attack, Defense Curl still boosts Defense. Attack boosts reamin Attack boosts, Defense boosts remain defense boosts.

Shedinja uses subs and swords dance
Shedinja Baton Passes

Shedinja can't use Substitute and it can't have Baton Pass and Swords Dance at the same time. Did you mean a different Pokemon?
Yes, I meant to say Ninjask. My error.

Weird thing I just found. My megayanma U-turned out to my infernape, who had choice specs and U-turn. It also got locked into U-turn without using anything. Don't know if anyone has found this, but it's there if you haven't.

Weird thing I just found. My megayanma U-turned out to my infernape, who had choice specs and U-turn. It also got locked into U-turn without using anything. Don't know if anyone has found this, but it's there if you haven't.
Yeah, this is known. Kinda sucks, but it also means that if you U-Turn out to a King's Rock holder, the opponent will have a chance of flinching.

does metronome (item) increase the power of moves activated through other moves?

examples:
copycat
mirror move
metronome(move)
assist
sleep talk

also could you test for if one of these moves does the same move more then once eg sleeptalk using rock slide twice, and if they use different moves, eg assist using energy ball, then waterfall etc.

if this has been asked sorry, didnt see it though

Since this hasn't been explicitly mentioned, Focus Sash allows the holder to survive any number of hits from a multi-hit attack like Double Hit or Fury Attack (provided, of course, that the holder was at full HP before the first hit). Just to be clear, even if the first hit of the multi-hit attack would have KOed the holder on its own, it still survives all the hits of the attack.

Special thanks to Deck Knight for prompting this test.

New testing: Tailwind does not give a x1.5 multiplier to Speed. It's at least x2. I don't have the setup to test the exact multiplier right now, but since the NP guide says it doubles your Speed, and I know it at least doubles your Speed, I'm guessing it doubles your Speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)