DPP METAAAAAA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Introduction​
Hey guys, this is my first RMT and first post on Smogon. I had a lot of success with this team last generation, and coming back to gen V makes me wonder if this team can really stand up to the current metagame. So far I've had quite a bit of success with my old standby team.

Team at a Glance

In Depth

Metagross @ Lum Berry
Trait: Clear Body
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Atk / 160 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Meteor Mash
- Pursuit
- Earthquake

I wanted my Metagross lead because it can reliably set up stealth rocks, and was a great wall to beat all of those pesky dragons back in DPP. Meteor Mash as a good STAB move, EQ for coverage, and Pursuit to trap the Lati twins. I don't remember why I use a lum berry instead of leftovers, works nicely against Smeargle though.

Garchomp (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Dual Chop

Garchamp was the dominating force back in DPP, and still works very well today. She serves as the revenge killer on my team, blasting through just about anything with dual STABs EQ and Outrage, Fire Blast for Ferrothorn/Skarm or any other steel type with levitate. Dual Chop is great to break subs and not lock me into Outrage, I don't really care all too much about the lower accuracy.

Salamence (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 64 Atk / 192 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Outrage

AWWW YEAHHH MIXMENCE!!! No one expects the Fire Blast nowadays, I love it! Just your average Mixmence set from DPP, nothing too special about it. Still unsure about Intimidate vs Moxie, although Intimidate would probably be the better option seeing as she's mixed.

Gliscor (F) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spd
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Protect
- Taunt

Here's the big wall on my team. I used to use a fling/acrobatics set, but recently a friend advised me to change to this defensive set. Gliscor used to be a monster in the last meta, but I'm not so sure now with all of the ice moves flying around.

Wobby Ngai (Wobbuffet) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Shadow Tag
EVs: 28 HP / 232 Def / 248 SDef
Bold Nature
- Encore
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
- Safeguard

Standard Wob, traps, counter/mirror coat, encore if unsure. Pretty basic stuff. This is the main part that I've been meaning to change, but I'm not sure what could replace my Wobby, or even what I need to replace her with. She's just not cutting it in this meta, finding less chances to switch in, and the power creep makes it even worse.

Jolteon (F) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]

I love my Jolteon. Incredibly strong with Specs. All moves are for coverage, pretty basic stuff. Volt switch is fantastic for scouting, although less useful since you can see the teams now. Switching in on a Thunderus-T is great, and I can OHKO with HP Ice.​

I'd really appreciate some help. Thanks guys :)

Hi, please read the RMT rules before posting, your descriptions are currently a bit lacking. If you fix them send me a PM and I'll unlock this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)