DPP offensive threats Polling

The obvious choice is Garchomp. The ability to boost it's attack twice as fast with SD than Salamence with DD just shows how much of a threat it was. Yache Berry variants were in my opinion the biggest offensive threats. Not only does it have excellent speed which is just enough to outspeed base 100s, it was also impossible to revenge kill because of Yache and the bulk and it also had STAB Earthquake.

I'm going to say Lucario.
With the ability to go mixed with excellent physical and special STAB fighting moves (and also having priority in ES) made it very hard to deal with; it could have ice punch, crunch, to deal with certain threats (Rotom and Gliscor respectively). Swords dance+agility allowed for great late game sweeps, along with a STAB reversal+endure and an immunity to sandstream. A relatively high base speed stat allowed Lucario to outspeed most major walls, and hurt them on their weaker defence.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I don't remember seeing NP MixApe in here any time. That thing was so dangerous that Stall teams had to use pull Tentacruel out of the deep waters of UU to try and stop the thing.

Agility SubPetaya Empoleon

My personal favorite sweeper, and an amazing special clean up sweeper at the end of the game with a nice set of resists and bulk enough to survive a timid life-orb starmie thunderbolt and set up

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Kingdra is one of the most underrated sweepers of dp. Though not as strong as many sweepers mentioned above, kingdra is comparable to garchomp in several ways. Firstly, they are both generally stopped by the same 2 pokemon, skarmory and bronzong, but aside from that both have unique typing that provides great resistances and coverage. However, 2 things make kingdra very dangerous that garchomp cannot boast. Firstly, kingdra has the ability to boost its speed through rain dance or dragon dance. Secondly, kingdra hits every pokemon in OU other than the uncommon empoleon (who cannot threaten kingdra anyway) for neutral damage with its stabs. This is unlike garchomp who cannot deal massive damage to skarmory or bronzong (leftovers recovery can sometimes deny a 2hko) . What does this stab coverage advantage actually mean? It means that kingdra can afford to run a secondary supporting move beyond dragon dance, such as substitute. Substitute is amazingly affective in tandem with dual screens, as very few walls can break a substitute behind screens. While kingdra
certainly lacks the raw power of pokemon like salamence and lucario, it makes up for it with greater bulk than lucario, and resistances to priority moves that often were the bane of the dragon dance set (bullet punch). Kingdra is also the iconic sweeper of rain dance in ou, and its rain dance set is certainly as dangerous as its dragon dance set.

Latias:

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 208 HP/48 Def/252 Spd
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Dragon Pulse
- Thunderbolt
- Calm Mind
- Recover
---

Probably the most underrated pokemon this entire generation. Made its way onto every team I ever used during its tenure. Not only does not having Tyranitar / Scizor / Blissey / Metagross mean that you automatically lose, it also beat every offensive pokemon in the game. Salamence, Dragonite, Kingdra, Infernape, Gengar, Starmie, Empoleon, Heatran, Gyarados, Jolteon, Magnezone, Azelf, Calm Mind Suicune were all beaten handily and easily by this thing AND I still retained the ability to sweep your ass, all in one pokemon. Oh yeah, If Garchomp's bitchass was around during this time I can add him to the list of Latias' sex slaves.

Latias:

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 208 HP/48 Def/252 Spd
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Dragon Pulse
- Thunderbolt
- Calm Mind
- Recover
---

Probably the most underrated pokemon this entire generation. Made its way onto every team I ever used during its tenure. Not only does not having Tyranitar / Scizor / Blissey / Metagross mean that you automatically lose, it also beat every offensive pokemon in the game. Salamence, Dragonite, Kingdra, Infernape, Gengar, Starmie, Empoleon, Heatran, Gyarados, Jolteon, Magnezone, Azelf, Calm Mind Suicune were all beaten handily and easily by this thing AND I still retained the ability to sweep your ass, all in one pokemon. Oh yeah, If Garchomp's bitchass was around during this time I can add him to the list of Latias' sex slaves.
if that is yache chomp. Scarfchomp say hi.
then you run a scarf/Specs latias yourself. Blissey say hi
Then you trick a scarf to her
Garchomp say hi (again)
to beat blissey 1 TTAr is enough actualy
And Latias is not underated its unbalanced

Kingdra is one of the most underrated sweepers of dp. Though not as strong as many sweepers mentioned above, kingdra is comparable to garchomp in several ways. Firstly, they are both generally stopped by the same 2 pokemon, skarmory and bronzong, but aside from that both have unique typing that provides great resistances and coverage. However, 2 things make kingdra very dangerous that garchomp cannot boast. Firstly, kingdra has the ability to boost its speed through rain dance or dragon dance. Secondly, kingdra hits every pokemon in OU other than the uncommon empoleon (who cannot threaten kingdra anyway) for neutral damage with its stabs. This is unlike garchomp who cannot deal massive damage to skarmory or bronzong (leftovers recovery can sometimes deny a 2hko) . What does this stab coverage advantage actually mean? It means that kingdra can afford to run a secondary supporting move beyond dragon dance, such as substitute. Substitute is amazingly affective in tandem with dual screens, as very few walls can break a substitute behind screens. While kingdra
certainly lacks the raw power of pokemon like salamence and lucario, it makes up for it with greater bulk than lucario, and resistances to priority moves that often were the bane of the dragon dance set (bullet punch). Kingdra is also the iconic sweeper of rain dance in ou, and its rain dance set is certainly as dangerous as its dragon dance set.
Kingdra is easy to bait into outrage had you not careful.
But its more versatile than chomp, i agree. They both have one of the typing that deserve the title "Ultimate Typing" IMHO.
Well chomp is bulkier. 1 ice beam isnt enough to beat it.
and if its yachechomp with sandstorm running, your dead meat if your unlucky
Well they are same seeing they use weather to act at 100% power.
But chomp cant be [aralyzed by T-Wave that is certainly unusual

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)