|

Dragalge | #691
--------------------------------
QC Approvals: [Bouffalant] [dodmen] [Calloflochie]
GP Checks: [GatoDelFuego] [Winry.]
--------------------------------

Overview
#######

Dragalge's STAB moves, Draco Meteor and Sludge Wave, both have perfect coverage bar Steel-types, and the former even packs a huge Base Power of 130. Combined with Adaptability, which doubles the Base Power of Dragalge's STAB moves, this makes Dragalge a great wallbreaker. Dragalge's Draco Meteor, for reference, OHKOes standard Alomomola. Furthermore, Dragalge's great defensive typing and good bulk allow it to pivot into many attacks in the tier, such as Fire Blast and Scald, and then retaliate with ease. However, Dragalge's low Speed somewhat offsets this, as it will usually be taking a hit before it is able to deal damage. And while Dragalge has a good defensive typing, it is still susceptible to very common moves such as Ice Beam, Earthquake, and Psyshock. Dragalge is also susceptible to both Stealth Rock and Spikes, although it does absorb Toxic Spikes. Dragalge's main STAB move, Draco Meteor, drops its Special Attack by two stages, which can make it setup bait at times.

Wallbreaker
########
name: Wallbreaker
move 1: Draco Meteor
move 2: Sludge Wave / Sludge Bomb
move 3: Focus Blast
move 4: Dragon Pulse / Toxic Spikes
ability: Adaptability
item: Choice Specs / Dragon Fang
evs: 188 HP / 252 SpA / 68 Spe
nature: Modest

Moves
========

Draco Meteor is Dragalge's most powerful STAB move, and when combined with Choice Specs is able to OHKO most Pokemon that don't resist it. Sludge Wave is Dragalge's secondary STAB move, and is much more reliable to use against frailer targets because it doesn't drop Dragalge's Special Attack. Sludge Bomb is an alternative option, however, as the small poison chance pressures most special walls and the power drop is negligible, although the ability to hit Chesnaught without dropping Draaglge's Special Attack is missed. Focus Blast provides coverage against Steel-types, which resist both of Dragalge's STAB moves. Dragon Pulse is a more reliable STAB move that doesn't drop Dragalge's Special Attack and allows it to deal more damage late-game. However, the power drop is notable and is only really the better choice for more reliability. However, one could opt for a Dragon Fang and Toxic Spikes due to the multitude of switches Dragalge forces while still having a high-powered Draco Meteor. Hydro Pump is an option to OHKO Rock- and Ground-types, but it doesn't do much outside of this. Hidden Power Fire OHKOes Forretress and 2HKOes Bronzong after Stealth Rock damage. Dragon Tail with a Mild nature is also an option on sets running the Dragon Fang, as Dragalge will then lack the power to 2HKO Umbreon and other special walls, so it can instead deter their healing by forcing them out.

Set Details
========

Adaptability is the best ability on this set, as it allows Dragalge to function as a total nuke with its STAB moves. 252 Special Attack EVs with a Modest nature maximize Dragalge's Special Attack. 68 Speed EVs allow Dragalge to outspeed Relaxed Swampert so Dragalge can slam it with a Draco Meteor. The remaining EVs are put into HP to boost Dragalge's bulk and allow it to use its great defensive qualities to pivot into attacks better. Choice Specs boosts Dragalge's Special Attack even further, allowing it to hit harder. However, Dragon Fang must be used if Toxic Spikes is being run to ensure Dragalge can switch moves yet still retain the power with Draco Meteor. An alternative spread with 92 Speed EVs is an option to pressure Blissey, although Blissey will usually just recover off the damage.

Usage Tips
========

This set mainly functions as a wallbreaker. Most of the time, you'll usually just be using Draco Meteor to try and dent the foe or flat-out OHKO it. However, while using Draco Meteor is generally the best option, try to use it a bit sparingly if Sludge Wave can get the job done, due to Sludge Wave's lack of a Special Attack drop. Due to the amount of switches Dragalge forces, Dragalge can set up Toxic Spikes on to cripple the opponent's switch-ins. Dragalge's great defensive typing and good bulk allow it to tank many hits and pivot into special attacks that it resists. It is imperative that you use correct prediction when the opponent has an opposing Fairy- or Steel-type, as they can easily force Dragalge out if you don't correctly use Sludge Bomb or Focus Blast on the switch. However, this set is fairly easy to use, and it basically is just breaking through the foe with powerful attacks.

Team Options
========

Even with Focus Blast and Hidden Power Fire, Dragalge still struggles against fully invested Steel-types such as Jirachi and Bronzong due to their high special bulk. Dugtrio and Choice Specs Magneton can trap these Pokemon and clear the path for Dragalge. Trick Room support is an option due to Dragalge's low Speed stat. Cresselia and Reuniclus have great defensive synergy with Dragalge, are both very bulky, and can reliably set it up. Porygon2 is an option, as it tanks most attacks that threaten Dragalge and can also set up Trick Room. Physical attackers that beat special walls are good partners for Dragalge. Darmanitan and Choice Band Entei incinerate special walls with their Fire-type STAB moves and even have decent offensive synergy with Dragalge. Dragalge is easily countered by Psychic-types such as Mega Alakazam, Cresselia, and Slowking, so having a partner that can easily Pursuit trap them such as Krookodile makes it easier for Dragalge to wallbreak. Wish support is greatly appreciated, as Dragalge easily gets worn down by entry hazards; Aromatisse and Alomomola both have great defensive synergy and pass enormous Wishes. Machamp is a great partner, as it lures in Fairy-types for Dragalge while Dragalge lures in Steel-types for Machamp, and they could both benefit from the aforementioned Trick Room.

Other Options
########

An Assault Vest might seem like a good option for Dragalge due to its high Special Defense and reasonable power with Adaptability. However, this isn't the case, as Dragalge is worn down very quickly by entry hazards and its lack of natural recovery, and it still lacks a bit of power. Thunderbolt is an option for those who want a more reliable way to hit Suicune, although it does not provide much out of this due to Draco Meteor hitting other targets harder. A Life Orb is an option for those who do not want Dragalge to be setup bait, but Dragalge will still lack a bit of power that it has with Choice Specs and it is even worn down quicker due to entry hazards chipping away at its health. Shadow Ball can be used in the last slot to 2HKO Jirachi and Bronzong. Albeit a very gimmicky option, Venoshock is an option to take advantage of Toxic Spikes' poison. Lastly, a full defensive set is viable, as Dragalge has access to many moves such as Dragon Tail, Haze, and Scald. Poison Touch would be the chosen ability for this set to spread poison with Dragon Tail.

Checks & Counters
########

**Special Walls**: Dragalge is unable to break through multiple special walls in the tier such as Blissey and Cresselia. Dragalge will end up letting them use it as setup fodder or they'll set up as Dragalge switches out. Although Dragalge can use Draco Meteor and remove half of the foe's health, the foe will likely use some form of recovery and Dragalge is forced to switch after the Special Attack drop.

**Bulky Steel-types**: Steel-types are resistant to Dragalge's main STAB move and are completely immune to its secondary one, making them an easy switch-in. While Dragalge will usually pack Focus Blast, bulky Steel-types that are neutral to Focus Blast such as Jirachi and Bronzong easily check it due to their high bulk and can either set up or attack. Even then, Focus Blast's accuracy is unreliable and makes it harder to spam it against even super effective targets.

**Faster Pokemon**: Pokemon that are faster and have the type advantage over Dragalge such as Alakazam and Krookodile are easy checks to Dragalge. They both outspeed Dragalge and can strike with a super effective STAB move. However, almost none of these Pokemon are able to switch into Dragalge, as they fear being hit with a STAB move.

Last edited:
252 Atk Reckless Mienshao High Jump Kick vs. 80 HP / 0 Def Dragalge: 135-159 (46.3 - 54.6%) --guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

i wouldn't consider that sponging, so i would take mention of that out in the overview.

i think that's a bit too much speed for dragalge tbh; while you do become more vulnerable to umbreon's bulk, you lose out on taking some special attacks, so i would change it to 68 speed to outspeed relaxed swampert and invest the rest in bulk. i would then mention somewhere that a spread of 164 hp / 252 spa+ / 92 spe can be run with sludge bomb in order to pressure blissey

dragon pulse should definitely be the first slash in the last slot, it gives you a spammable STAB that can be used late game without draco meteor's drawbacks

say that darmanitan and entei have good offensive synergy, rather than synergy, as that sentence makes it sounds like they have good defensive synergy which isn't true because of their shared ground weakness. also mention machamp in team options

qc approved 1/3

I feel like a defensive set should be added, at the very least in other options, but I think just another set might be more appropriate. It's got Tspikes, Dragon Tail, Haze, and Scald; good bulk; and some nice resistances to take advantage of.

e: also you should probably mention that Sludge Bomb's higher poison chance is an amazing way to pressure things that can barely avoid the 2HKO like Vaporeon and Umbreon

I feel like a defensive set should be added, at the very least in other options, but I think just another set might be more appropriate. It's got Tspikes, Dragon Tail, Haze, and Scald; good bulk; and some nice resistances to take advantage of.
Agreeing with mentioning a defensive set in OO.

e: also you should probably mention that Sludge Bomb's higher poison chance is an amazing way to pressure things that can barely avoid the 2HKO like Vaporeon and Umbreon
For this reason I believe Sludge Bomb should be slashed with Sludge Wave. It is slightly weaker and Chesnaught is immune to it (Draco Meteor OHKOes, Dragon Pulse does 85%+), but the 30% poison helps immensely against Sdef walls.

Maybe mention Shadow Ball in OO. It hits Jirachi and Bronzong pretty hard:

252+ SpA Choice Specs Dragalge Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Jirachi: 170-200 (42 - 49.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Dragalge Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Jirachi: 234-276 (68.6 - 80.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Choice Specs Dragalge Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Bronzong: 154-182 (45.5 - 53.8%) -- 43.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

I interpreted that Hikari wants the defensive set in OO ("Agreeing with mentioning a defensive set in OO."), so that's where I put it. I'm fine adding it though if more people weigh in on making it an actual set.

Implemented check and this is ready for more.

Last edited:
Apologies if this is too nitpicky, but about the defensive set in other options, it kind of implies that it would be using all four of those moves in the same set, which it wouldn't do because it would run some combination of those plus a STAB or two. Those four moves are just options for the defensive version, not the full set (like Haze and Dragon Tail would be pretty repetitive). Also mention how its other abilities might be useful for this set.

After this is fixed, QC 2/3

[:

I was thinking since Toxic Spikes are so amazing that a dragon fang set could be slashed alongside choice specs, and the final slash on it be dragon pulse / toxic spikes to reflect that because I don't think the analysis should make it seem like dragalge's only viable set is Choice Specs because that isn't true. I'll let other QC voice their opinion on it but that's something I believe should be added. Other than that the rest of the analysis looks great Mysteria and I'll be happy to give the 3rd check once you're ready.

I wrote this up

I was thinking since Toxic Spikes are so amazing that a dragon fang set could be slashed alongside choice specs, and the final slash on it be dragon pulse / toxic spikes to reflect that because I don't think the analysis should make it seem like dragalge's only viable set is Choice Specs because that isn't true. I'll let other QC voice their opinion on it but that's something I believe should be added. Other than that the rest of the analysis looks great Mysteria and I'll be happy to give the 3rd check once you're ready.
I just went ahead and did this and gave the other moves a mention in the moves section because I'm convinced that it's a good choice. :)

e: also changed the set name to reflect that choice specs arent mandatory

I feel like venoshock should be added to oo cause you don't rely on toxic spikes from a teammate cause you can set your own and it hits super hard on a poisoned opposing mon.

I think Dragon Tail could be mentioned to be used on the Draco Plate Dragon Fang set; since you won't be able to 2HKO things like Vaporeon and Umbreon anymore, you can at least prevent them from healing while also doing respectable damage even uninvested. Wish Blissey is also included here. Can probably just be mentioned with a Mild nature in Moves.

I think Dragon Tail could be mentioned to be used on the Draco Plate Dragon Fang set; since you won't be able to 2HKO things like Vaporeon and Umbreon anymore, you can at least prevent them from healing while also doing respectable damage even uninvested. Wish Blissey is also included here. Can probably just be mentioned with a Mild nature in Moves.
implemented

tehy

Banned deucer.
Amcheck

A lot of this needs commenting, clearing up, etc, and i will get to that in about six-seven hours. If you read this before i do, do whatever you want with it.

Overview
########

ORAS gifted Dragalge with Adaptability, an ability that doubles the power of Dragalge's STABs. Dragalge's STABs, Drawhico Meteor and Sludge Wave, both have perfect coverage bar Steel-types, and the former even packs a huge base power of 130. This makes it a great wallbreaker, as Dragalge's respectable base 97 Special Attack allows it to do a ridiculous amount of damage when equipped with Choice Specs. Dragalge's Adaptability Draco Meteor, for refervence, OHKOesing standard Alomomola, whicth pDracov Mes hteow powerful it is. Furthermore, Dragalge's great defensive typing and good bulk allow it to pivot into many kinds of attacks in the tier, and then retaliate with ease. However, Dragalge's low Speed somewhat offsets its great Special Attack and defensive stats, as it will usually be taking a hit before it is able to deal damage. To compound Althis fourtgher, Dragalge's great defensive typing ist grugglesat, ito alshine when ito makes it susceptible to very common moves such as Ice Beam, Earthquake, and Psyshock. Dragalge also tends to switch outin and inout often, and this is bad considering that Dragalge is susceptible to both Stealth Rock and Spikes, although it does absorb Toxic Spikes. To top this off, Dragalge's main STAB, Draco Meteor, drops its Special Attack by two stages, which can make it setup bait at times.

Wallbreaker
########

Moves
========

Draco Meteor is Dragalge's most powerful STAB, and combined with Choice Specs, is able to OHKO most Pokemon who don't resist it and still dent those that do. Sludge Wave is Dragalge's secondary STAB, and is much more reliable to use against frailer targets, as it doesn't drop Special Attack. Sludge Bomb is an alternative option, however, as the small30% poison chance pressures most special walls, and the power drop is negligible, although the ability to hit Chesnaught is missed, given that Dragalge wioulld otherwise have to drop its Special Attack two stages just to OHKO it. Focus Blast provides coverage against Steel-types who resist both ofwall Dragalge's STABs. Dragon Pulse is a more reliable STAB as it doesn't drop your Special Attack and allows you to deal more damage late-game. However, the power drop is notable and it is only really the better choice if one would rather have more reliability. However, yoneu could opt for a Dragon Fang and Toxic Spikes due to the multitude of switches Dragalge forces, while still having a high -powered Draco Meteor. TheHydre are also soPumep flexibles an options forin the last slot if one chooses. Hydro Pump is an option to OHKO bulkier targets that are Rock- and Ground-type, butand provHiddesn nPotwer muFire chan obe utsiede ofin thie las.t Hiddenslot Ptower Fire OHKOs Forretress and 2HKOs Bronzong after Stealth Rock. Dragon Tail with a Mild nature is also an option on sets runnwing the Dragon Fang, as since Dragalge will then lack the power to 2HKO UmbWish usereons such ands Umbrelated Pokemon, it can instead deter their healing by forcing them out.

Set Details
========

Adaptability is the best ability on this set, as it allows Dragalge to function as a total nuke with its STAB moves. 252 Special Attack EVs with a Modest nature maximize Dragalge's Special Attack. 68 Speed EVs allow Dragalge to outspeed Relaxed Swampert so it can slam it with a Draco Meteor. The remaining EVs are put into HP to boost Dragalge's bulk so it can use its great defensive qualities to pivot into attacks better. Choice Specs boosts Dragalge's Special Attack even further, allowing it to hit harder. However, Dragon Fang must be used if Toxic Spikes is being run to ensure Dragalge cawon swi'tch movbes ylocketd still retain theo pTower wxith Draco MSpiketeors. An alternative spread with 92 Speed EVs is an option to pressure Blissey, although it will usually just recover theand dwamagell you.

Usage Tips
========

This set mainly functions as a wallbreaker. Most of the time, you'll usually just be using Draco Meteor to try and dent the opponent or flat-out OHKO them. However, while using Draco Meteor is generally the best option, try to use it a bit sparingly if Sludge Wave if it can get the job done, due to ithes lack of itsa Special Attack drop. Due to the amount of switches Dragalge forces, Dragalge can set up Toxic Spikes on the switch to cripple the opponent's switch -ins. Dragalge's great typing and defensive typing should be used to their advantages, and you can use them to pivot into special attacks that are resisted. While you may usually just find yourself excessively using your main STABs, it is imperative that you use correct prediction when the opponent has an opposing Fairy- or Steel-type, as they can easily force you out if you don't correctly use Sludge Bomb or Focus Blast on the switch-in. However, this set is fairly easy to use, and it; basically is, just breaking through the opponent with powerful attacks and use its great defensive typing to pivot into resisted special attacks.

Team Options
========

Even with Focus Blast andor Hidden Power Fire, Dragalge still struggles with fully invested Steel-types such as Jirachi and Bronzong due to their high Special bulk. As such,; trappers such as Dugtrio and Choice Specs Magneton can tclearap out these Pokemon and clear the path for Dragalge. Trick Room support is an option due to Dragalge's low Speed stat. Cresselia and Reuniclus have great defensive synergy with Dragalge, are both very bulky, and can reliably set it up. Porygon2 is an option as it tanks most attacks that threaten Dragalge and can also set up Trick Room. Physical attackers who beat special walls are good partners for Dragalge. Darmanitan and Choice Band Entei incinerate special walls with their Fire-type STAB, and even have decent offensive synergy with Dragalge. Dragalge ihas seasrily countes probledms bywith Psychic-types such as Mega Alakazam, Cresselia, and Slowking. Krookodile makes for a great partner, as it easily Pursuit traps all tPsychree of ic-thypems and thus makes it easier for Dragalge to wallbreak. Wish support is greatly appreciated as Dragalge easily gets worn down betweeny hazards; Aromatisse and Alomomola both have great defensive synergy with Dragalge and pass enormous wishes. Machamp is a great partner, as it lures in Fairy-types for Dragalge while Dragalge lures in Steel-types for Machamp, and they both form a decent offensive core that couldn benefit from the aforementioned Trick Room.

Other Options
########

An Assault Vest may seem like a good option for Dragalge due to its high Special Defense and reasonable power with Adaptability. However, this isn't the case, as Dragalge is worn down very quickly between hazards and its lack of natural recovery, and it still lacks a bit of power. Thunderbolt is an option for those who want a more reliable way to hit Suicune, although it does not provide much out of this due to Draco Meteor hitts it angd other targets harder. A Life Orb is an option for those who do not want to be setup bait, but Dragalge will still lack a bit of power that it has with Choice Specs and it wisll evben worn down even quicker due to hazards chipping away at it because of its tendency to switch a lot. Shadow Ball can be used in the last slot to 2HKO Jirachi and Bronzong. Albeit a very gimmicky option, Venoshock is an option, albeit gimmicky, to take advantage of Toxic Spike's poison. Lastly, a fully defensive set with the ability Poison Touch is viable, as Dragalge has access to many useful defensive moves such as Dragon Tail, Haze, and Scald. Poison Touch would be the chosen ability for this set to spread poison around with Dragon Tail.

Checks & Counters
########

**Special Walls**: Dragalge is unable to break through multiple Sspecial Wwalls in the tier such as Blissey and Cresselia., Dragalgend will end up letting them use it as setup fodder or that can set up on the switch that they force on Dragalge. Another scenario, however, is that Dragalge will try to use Draco Meteor and remove half of the opponent's health, but they use some form of recovery to stall out and Dragalge is forced to switch.

**Bulky Steel-types**: Steel-types are resistant to Dragalge's main STAB and are completely immune to its secondary one, making them an easy switch -in if it will, use this move. While Dragalgpe wcill usually packonsidering Focus Blast,'s unreliable accuracy. Bulky Steel-types who are neutral to Focus Blast such as Jirachi and Bronzong easily check it due to theiDr hiagh bualkge and will either set up or attack it. Even then,

Focus Blast's accuracy is unreliable and makes it harder tPo spakem iton agaWinst evenh sSuper eEffective targets.

**Faster Countertypes
STAB**: Pokemon who are faster and have the itype advDrantgalge ovsuper Dragalgeffectively, such as Alakazam and Krookodile, are easy checks to Dragalge. Thosey two in particular both outspeed Dragalge and can strike with a super effective STAB. However, almost no counter of typhese Pokemon are able to switch into Dragalge, as they fear being hit with a STAB.

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Mysteria

REMOVE CHANGE COMMENTS

Overview
########

ORAS gifted Dragalge with Adaptability, an ability that doubles the power of Dragalge's STABs. Dragalge's STAB moves, Draco Meteor and Sludge Wave, both have perfect coverage bar Steel-types, and the former even packs a huge Base Power of 130. Combined with Adaptability, which doubles the Base Power of Dragalge's STAB moves, this This makes Dragalge it a great wallbreaker, as Dragalge's respectable base 97 Special Attack allows it to do a ridiculous amount of damage when equipped with Choice Specs. Dragalge's Adaptability Draco Meteor, for reference, OHKOes standard Alomomola, which proves how powerful it is. Furthermore, Dragalge's great defensive typing and good bulk allow it to pivot to many kinds of attacks in the tier, such as X and Y, (comma) and then retaliate with ease. However, Dragalge's low Speed somewhat offsets this its great Special Attack and defensive stats, as it will usually be taking a hit before it is able to deal damage. To compound this further, Dragalge's great defensive typing struggles to shine when it makes it And while Dragalge has a good defensive typing, it is still susceptible to very common moves such as Ice Beam, Earthquake, and Psyshock. Dragalge also tends to switch out and in often, and this is bad considering that Dragalge is also susceptible to both Stealth Rock and Spikes, although it does absorb Toxic Spikes. To top this off, This is a problem because Dragalge's main STAB move, Draco Meteor, drops its Special Attack by two stages, which can make it setup bait at times.

Wallbreaker
########

Moves
========

Draco Meteor is Dragalge's most powerful STAB move, and combined with Choice Specs, (RC) is able to OHKO most Pokemon who that don't resist it and still dent those that do. Sludge Wave is Dragalge's secondary STAB move, and is much more reliable to use against frailer targets as it doesn't drop Special Attack. Sludge Bomb is an alternative option, however, as the small poison chance pressures most special walls, and the power drop is negligible, although the ability to hit Chesnaught without dropping Draaglge's Special Attack is missed given that Dragalge will otherwise have to drop its Special Attack two stages just to OHKO it. Focus Blast provides coverage against Steel-types who that resist both of Dragalge's STAB moves. Dragon Pulse is a more reliable STAB move that as it doesn't drop Dragalge's your Special Attack and allows it you to deal more damage late-game. However, the power drop is notable and is only really the better choice for if one would rather have more reliability. However, one could opt for a Dragon Fang and Toxic Spikes due to the multitude of switches Dragalge forces, while still having a high-powered Draco Meteor. There are also some flexible options for the last slot if one chooses. Hydro Pump is an option to OHKO bulkier targets that are Rock- and Ground-types, but provides not doesn't do much outside of this. Hidden Power Fire OHKOes Forretress and 2HKOes Bronzong after Stealth Rock. Dragon Tail with a Mild nature is also an option on sets running the Dragon Fang, as since Dragalge will then lack the power to 2HKO Umbreon and related Pokemon, so it can instead deter their healing by forcing them out.

Set Details
========

Adaptability is the best ability on this set, as it allows Dragalge to function as a total nuke with its STAB moves. 252 Special Attack EVs with a Modest nature maximize Dragalge's Special Attack. 68 Speed EVs allow Dragalge to outspeed Relaxed Swampert so it Dragalge can slam it with a Draco Meteor. The remaining EVs are put into HP to boost Dragalge's bulk so it can use its great defensive qualities to pivot into attacks better. Choice Specs boosts Dragalge's Special Attack even further, allowing it to hit harder. However, Dragon Fang must be used if Toxic Spikes is being run to ensure Dragalge can switch moves yet still retain the power with Draco Meteor. An alternative spread with 92 Speed EVs is an option to pressure Blissey, although it Blissey will usually just recover off the damage.

Usage Tips
========

This set mainly functions as a wallbreaker. Most of the time, you'll usually just be using Draco Meteor to try and dent the opponent or flat-out OHKO them. However, while using Draco Meteor is generally the best option, try to use it a bit sparingly if Sludge Wave can get the job done, due to the its lack of its a Special Attack drop. Due to the amount of switches Dragalge forces, Dragalge can set up Toxic Spikes on the switches to cripple the opponent's switch-ins. Dragalge's great typing and defensive typing should be used to their advantages their advantages??, and you can use them who is them? to pivot into special attacks that are resisted. While you may might usually just find yourself excessively using your main STAB moves, it is imperative that you use correct prediction when the opponent has an opposing Fairy- or Steel-type, as they can easily force you Dragalge out if you don't correctly use Sludge Bomb or Focus Blast on the switch-in. However, this set is fairly easy to use, and it basically is just breaking through the opponent with powerful attacks.

Team Options
========

Even with Focus Blast and Hidden Power Fire, Dragalge still struggles with fully invested Steel-types such as Jirachi and Bronzong due to their high special bulk. As such, trappers such as Dugtrio and Choice Specs Magneton can trap these Pokemon and clear the path for Dragalge. Trick Room support is an option due to Dragalge's low Speed stat. Cresselia and Reuniclus have great defensive synergy with Dragalge, are both very bulky, and can reliably set it up. Porygon2 is an option as it tanks most attacks that threaten Dragalge and can also set up Trick Room. Physical attackers who that beat special walls are good partners for Dragalge. Darmanitan and Choice Band Entei incinerate special walls with their Fire-type STAB moves, and even have decent offensive synergy with Dragalge. Dragalge is easily countered by Psychic-types such as Mega Alakazam, Cresselia, and Slowking. Krookodile makes for a great partner as it easily Pursuit traps all three of them and makes it easier for Dragalge to wallbreak. Wish support is greatly appreciated as Dragalge easily gets worn down between entry hazards; Aromatisse and Alomomola both have great defensive synergy and pass enormous Wishes. Machamp is a great partner as it lures in Fairy-types for Dragalge while Dragalge lures in Steel-types for Machamp, and they both form a decent offensive core that that's what you just said could both benefit from the aforementioned Trick Room.

Other Options
########

An Assault Vest may might seem like a good option for Dragalge due to its high Special Defense and reasonable power with Adaptability. However, this isn't the case, as Dragalge is worn down very quickly between entry hazards and its lack of natural recovery, and it still lacks a bit of power. Thunderbolt is an option for those who want a more reliable way to hit Suicune, although it does not provide much out of this due to Draco Meteor hitting other targets harder. A Life Orb is an option for those who do not want Dragalge to be setup bait, but Dragalge will still lack a bit of power that it has with Choice Specs and it is even worn down quicker due to hazards chipping away at it because of its tendency to switch a lot. Shadow Ball can be used in the last slot to 2HKO Jirachi and Bronzong. Albeit a very gimmicky option, Venoshock is an option to take advantage of Toxic Spikes' poison. Lastly, a full defensive set is viable as Dragalge has access to many moves such as Dragon Tail, Haze, and Scald. Poison Touch would be the chosen ability for this set to spread poison around with Dragon Tail.

Checks & Counters
########

**Special Walls**: Dragalge is unable to break through multiple special walls in the tier such as Blissey and Cresselia. Dragalge will end up letting them use it as setup fodder or that can set up on the switch that they force on Dragalge this sentence doesn't make sense and I'm not sure how to fix it. Another scenario, however, is that Dragalge will try to use Draco Meteor and remove half of the opponent's health, but they use some form of recovery to stall out and Dragalge is forced to switch after the Special Attack drop.

**Bulky Steel-types**: Steel-types are resistant to Dragalge's main STAB move and are completely immune to its secondary one, making them an easy switch-in if it will use this move. While Dragalge will usually pack Focus Blast, bulky Steel-types who that are neutral to Focus Blast such as Jirachi and Bronzong easily check it due to their high bulk and can will either set up or attack it. Even then, Focus Blast's accuracy is unreliable and makes it harder to spam it against even super effective targets.

**Faster Pokemon Countertypes**: Pokemon who that are faster and have the type advantage over Dragalge such as Alakazam and Krookodile are easy checks to Dragalge. They both outspeed Dragalge and can strike with a super effective STAB move. However, almost none of these countertypes Pokemon are able to switch into Dragalge, as they fear being hit with a STAB move.

1/2

Mysteria I expected a bit more from you considering your past work; a lot of the writing here is just not very good, not that awful but just mediocre. It also had a lot of simple errors you should have been able to spot by simple proofreading.

tehy you need to think long and hard about finding real errors (STAB --> STAB moves, repetitions of 'it' in a sentence referring to different things, and others) before you whitewash analyses with personal prose changes and QC 'comments'

To top it off, please don't ever submit a check that's rendered unreadable by diff splicing 20 words into 5 letters.

Last edited:

tehy

Banned deucer.
Mysteria

REMOVE CHANGE COMMENTS

Overview
########

ORAS gifted Dragalge with Adaptability, an ability that doubles the power of Dragalge's STABs. Dragalge's STAB moves, Draco Meteor and Sludge Wave, both have perfect coverage bar Steel-types, and the former even packs a huge Base Power of 130. Combined with Adaptability, which doubles the Base Power of Dragalge's STAB moves, this This makes Dragalge it a great wallbreaker, as Dragalge's respectable base 97 Special Attack allows it to do a ridiculous amount of damage when equipped with Choice Specs. Dragalge's Adaptability Draco Meteor, for reference, OHKOes standard Alomomola, which proves how powerful it is. Furthermore, Dragalge's great defensive typing and good bulk allow it to pivot to many kinds of attacks in the tier, such as X and Y, (comma) and then retaliate with ease. However, Dragalge's low Speed somewhat offsets this its great Special Attack and defensive stats, as it will usually be taking a hit before it is able to deal damage. To compound this further, Dragalge's great defensive typing struggles to shine when it makes it And while Dragalge has a good defensive typing, it is still susceptible to very common moves such as Ice Beam, Earthquake, and Psyshock. Dragalge also tends to switch out and in often, and this is bad considering that Dragalge is also susceptible to both Stealth Rock and Spikes, although it does absorb Toxic Spikes. To top this off, This is a problem because Dragalge's main STAB move, Draco Meteor, drops its Special Attack by two stages, which can make it setup bait at times.

Wallbreaker
########

Moves
========

Draco Meteor is Dragalge's most powerful STAB move, and combined with Choice Specs, (RC) is able to OHKO most Pokemon who that don't resist it and still dent those that do. Sludge Wave is Dragalge's secondary STAB move, and is much more reliable to use against frailer targets as it doesn't drop Special Attack. Sludge Bomb is an alternative option, however, as the small poison chance pressures most special walls, and the power drop is negligible, although the ability to hit Chesnaught without dropping Draaglge's Special Attack is missed given that Dragalge will otherwise have to drop its Special Attack two stages just to OHKO it. Focus Blast provides coverage against Steel-types who that resist both of Dragalge's STAB moves. Dragon Pulse is a more reliable STAB move that as it doesn't drop Dragalge's your Special Attack and allows it you to deal more damage late-game. However, the power drop is notable and is only really the better choice for if one would rather have more reliability. However, one could opt for a Dragon Fang and Toxic Spikes due to the multitude of switches Dragalge forces, while still having a high-powered Draco Meteor. There are also some flexible options for the last slot if one chooses. Hydro Pump is an option to OHKO bulkier targets that are Rock- and Ground-types, but provides not doesn't do much outside of this. Hidden Power Fire OHKOes Forretress and 2HKOes Bronzong after Stealth Rock. Dragon Tail with a Mild nature is also an option on sets running the Dragon Fang, as since Dragalge will then lack the power to 2HKO Umbreon and related Pokemon, so it can instead deter their healing by forcing them out.

Set Details
========

Adaptability is the best ability on this set, as it allows Dragalge to function as a total nuke with its STAB moves. 252 Special Attack EVs with a Modest nature maximize Dragalge's Special Attack. 68 Speed EVs allow Dragalge to outspeed Relaxed Swampert so it Dragalge can slam it with a Draco Meteor. The remaining EVs are put into HP to boost Dragalge's bulk so it can use its great defensive qualities to pivot into attacks better. Choice Specs boosts Dragalge's Special Attack even further, allowing it to hit harder. However, Dragon Fang must be used if Toxic Spikes is being run to ensure Dragalge can switch moves yet still retain the power with Draco Meteor. An alternative spread with 92 Speed EVs is an option to pressure Blissey, although it Blissey will usually just recover off the damage.

Usage Tips
========

This set mainly functions as a wallbreaker. Most of the time, you'll usually just be using Draco Meteor to try and dent the opponent or flat-out OHKO them. However, while using Draco Meteor is generally the best option, try to use it a bit sparingly if Sludge Wave can get the job done, due to the its lack of its a Special Attack drop. Due to the amount of switches Dragalge forces, Dragalge can set up Toxic Spikes on the switches to cripple the opponent's switch-ins. Dragalge's great typing and defensive typing should be used to their advantages their advantages??, and you can use them who is them? to pivot into special attacks that are resisted. While you may might usually just find yourself excessively using your main STAB moves, it is imperative that you use correct prediction when the opponent has an opposing Fairy- or Steel-type, as they can easily force you Dragalge out if you don't correctly use Sludge Bomb or Focus Blast on the switch-in. However, this set is fairly easy to use, and it basically is just breaking through the opponent with powerful attacks.

Team Options
========

Even with Focus Blast and Hidden Power Fire, Dragalge still struggles with fully invested Steel-types such as Jirachi and Bronzong due to their high special bulk. As such, trappers such as Dugtrio and Choice Specs Magneton can trap these Pokemon and clear the path for Dragalge. Trick Room support is an option due to Dragalge's low Speed stat. Cresselia and Reuniclus have great defensive synergy with Dragalge, are both very bulky, and can reliably set it up. Porygon2 is an option as it tanks most attacks that threaten Dragalge and can also set up Trick Room. Physical attackers who that beat special walls are good partners for Dragalge. Darmanitan and Choice Band Entei incinerate special walls with their Fire-type STAB moves, and even have decent offensive synergy with Dragalge. Dragalge is easily countered by Psychic-types such as Mega Alakazam, Cresselia, and Slowking. Krookodile makes for a great partner as it easily Pursuit traps all three of them and makes it easier for Dragalge to wallbreak. Wish support is greatly appreciated as Dragalge easily gets worn down between entry hazards; Aromatisse and Alomomola both have great defensive synergy and pass enormous Wishes. Machamp is a great partner as it lures in Fairy-types for Dragalge while Dragalge lures in Steel-types for Machamp, and they both form a decent offensive core that that's what you just said could both benefit from the aforementioned Trick Room.

Other Options
########

An Assault Vest may might seem like a good option for Dragalge due to its high Special Defense and reasonable power with Adaptability. However, this isn't the case, as Dragalge is worn down very quickly between entry hazards and its lack of natural recovery, and it still lacks a bit of power. Thunderbolt is an option for those who want a more reliable way to hit Suicune, although it does not provide much out of this due to Draco Meteor hitting other targets harder. A Life Orb is an option for those who do not want Dragalge to be setup bait, but Dragalge will still lack a bit of power that it has with Choice Specs and it is even worn down quicker due to hazards chipping away at it because of its tendency to switch a lot. Shadow Ball can be used in the last slot to 2HKO Jirachi and Bronzong. Albeit a very gimmicky option, Venoshock is an option to take advantage of Toxic Spikes' poison. Lastly, a full defensive set is viable as Dragalge has access to many moves such as Dragon Tail, Haze, and Scald. Poison Touch would be the chosen ability for this set to spread poison around with Dragon Tail.

Checks & Counters
########

**Special Walls**: Dragalge is unable to break through multiple special walls in the tier such as Blissey and Cresselia. Dragalge will end up letting them use it as setup fodder or that can set up on the switch that they force on Dragalge this sentence doesn't make sense and I'm not sure how to fix it. Another scenario, however, is that Dragalge will try to use Draco Meteor and remove half of the opponent's health, but they use some form of recovery to stall out and Dragalge is forced to switch after the Special Attack drop.

**Bulky Steel-types**: Steel-types are resistant to Dragalge's main STAB move and are completely immune to its secondary one, making them an easy switch-in if it will use this move. While Dragalge will usually pack Focus Blast, bulky Steel-types who that are neutral to Focus Blast such as Jirachi and Bronzong easily check it due to their high bulk and can will either set up or attack it. Even then, Focus Blast's accuracy is unreliable and makes it harder to spam it against even super effective targets.

**Faster Pokemon Countertypes**: Pokemon who that are faster and have the type advantage over Dragalge such as Alakazam and Krookodile are easy checks to Dragalge. They both outspeed Dragalge and can strike with a super effective STAB move. However, almost none of these countertypes Pokemon are able to switch into Dragalge, as they fear being hit with a STAB move.

1/2

Mysteria I expected a bit more from you considering your past work; a lot of the writing here is just not very good, not that awful but just mediocre. It also had a lot of simple errors you should have been able to spot by simple proofreading.

tehy you need to think long and hard about finding real errors (STAB --> STAB moves, repetitions of 'it' in a sentence referring to different things, and others) before you whitewash analyses with personal prose changes and QC 'comments'

To top it off, please don't ever submit a check that's rendered unreadable by diff splicing 20 words into 5 letters.
Hmm

At STAB: to be honest, i'd always taken 'Dragalge's STAB' as an acceptable way to write 'Dragalge's STAB moves', and i'm fairly sure i can find this in some uploaded analyses. If that's no longer a thing (or if it never was), then i can roll with it.

As for the rest, yea you have a point(s), i just kind of got overloaded by the writing a bit. (To be clear, that's a personal fault; not shifting the blame here). That said, the check was going to get cleared up diff-wise; i usually try to do that right afterwards, but as i said in my post, i was going to get to that in 6-7 hours.

Abject apologies and all that

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
It should be pretty obvious to not post a check until you're finished and confident in it, not when you can get around to it. It's a pretty dick move of me to make this reply, sure, but you've been told countless times to change your checking habits. Before you reword analyses you need to focus on pure technical errors only. It gives us all a headache to deal with all this time after time.

Winry

Super Graduate-Level Napper
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Anyway, I can check this now !
Add / Remove / Comments
Capitalize or lowercase
Overview
#######

Dragalge's STAB moves, Draco Meteor and Sludge Wave, both have perfect coverage bar Steel-types, and the former even packs a huge Base Power of 130. Combined with Adaptability, which doubles the Base Power of Dragalge's STAB moves, this makes Dragalge a great wallbreaker. Dragalge's Draco Meteor, for reference, OHKOes standard Alomomola. Furthermore, Dragalge's great defensive typing and good bulk allow it to pivot into many attacks in the tier, such as Fire Blast and Scald, and then retaliate with ease. However, Dragalge's low Speed somewhat offsets this, as it will usually be taking a hit before it is able to deal damage. And while Dragalge has a good defensive typing, it is still susceptible to very common moves such as Ice Beam, Earthquake, and Psyshock. Dragalge is also susceptible to both Stealth Rock and Spikes, although it does absorb Toxic Spikes. Dragalge's main STAB move, Draco Meteor, drops its Special Attack by two stages, which can make it setup bait at times.

Wallbreaker
########

Moves
========

Draco Meteor is Dragalge's most powerful STAB move, and when combined with Choice Specs is able to OHKO most Pokemon that don't resist it. Sludge Wave is Dragalge's secondary STAB move, and is much more reliable to use against frailer targets because as it doesn't drop Dragalge's Special Attack. Sludge Bomb is an alternative option, however, as the small poison chance pressures most special walls, (RC) and the power drop is negligible, although the ability to hit Chesnaught without dropping Draaglge's Special Attack is missed. Focus Blast provides coverage against Steel-types, (AC) which that resist both of Dragalge's STAB moves. Dragon Pulse is a more reliable STAB move that doesn't drop Dragalge's Special Attack and allows it to deal more damage late-game. However, the power drop is notable and is only really the better choice for more reliability. However, one could opt for a Dragon Fang and Toxic Spikes due to the multitude of switches Dragalge forces, (RC) while still having a high-powered Draco Meteor. There are also some flexible options for the last slot. (You were talking about the last slot already..?) Hydro Pump is an option to OHKO Rock- and Ground-types, but it doesn't do much outside of this. Hidden Power Fire OHKOes Forretress and 2HKOes Bronzong after Stealth Rock damage. Dragon Tail with a Mild nature is also an option on sets running the Dragon Fang, as Dragalge will then lack the power to 2HKO Umbreon and related Pokemon other special walls, so it can instead deter their healing by forcing them out.

Set Details
========

Adaptability is the best ability on this set, as it allows Dragalge to function as a total nuke with its STAB moves. 252 Special Attack EVs with a Modest nature maximize Dragalge's Special Attack. 68 Speed EVs allow Dragalge to outspeed Relaxed Swampert so Dragalge can slam it with a Draco Meteor. The remaining EVs are put into HP to boost Dragalge's bulk and allow so it to can use its great defensive qualities to pivot into attacks better. Choice Specs boosts Dragalge's Special Attack even further, allowing it to hit harder. However, Dragon Fang must be used if Toxic Spikes is being run to ensure Dragalge can switch moves yet still retain the power with Draco Meteor. An alternative spread with 92 Speed EVs is an option to pressure Blissey, although Blissey will usually just recover off the damage.

Usage Tips
========

This set mainly functions as a wallbreaker. Most of the time, you'll usually just be using Draco Meteor to try and dent the opponent foe or flat-out OHKO them it. (singular > plural because you said "the foe" instead of "foes") However, while using Draco Meteor is generally the best option, try to use it a bit sparingly if Sludge Wave can get the job done, due to its Sludge Wave's (you used "it" in the first part of the sentence to refer to Draco Meteor) lack of a Special Attack drop. Due to the amount of switches Dragalge forces, Dragalge can set up Toxic Spikes on to cripple the opponent's switch-ins. Dragalge's great defensive typing and good bulk allow it to tank many hits and pivot into special attacks that it resists. should be used to their advantages of tanking many things, and you can use both to pivot into special attacks that are resisted. While you usually just find yourself using your main STAB moves, It is imperative that you use correct prediction when the opponent has an opposing Fairy- or Steel-type, as they can easily force Dragalge out if you don't correctly use Sludge Bomb or Focus Blast on the switch. However, this set is fairly easy to use, and it basically is just breaking through the opponent foe with powerful attacks.

Team Options
========

Even with Focus Blast and Hidden Power Fire, Dragalge still struggles with against fully invested Steel-types such as Jirachi and Bronzong due to their high special bulk. Dugtrio and Choice Specs Magneton can trap these Pokemon and clear the path for Dragalge. Trick Room support is an option due to Dragalge's low Speed stat. Cresselia and Reuniclus have great defensive synergy with Dragalge, are both very bulky, and can reliably set it up. Porygon2 is an option, (AC) as it tanks most attacks that threaten Dragalge and can also set up Trick Room. Physical attackers that beat special walls are good partners for Dragalge. Darmanitan and Choice Band Entei incinerate special walls with their Fire-type STAB moves, (RC) and even have decent offensive synergy with Dragalge. Dragalge is easily countered by Psychic-types such as Mega Alakazam, Cresselia, and Slowking., (period -> comma) so having a partner that can easily Pursuit trap them such as Krookodile makes for a great partner as it easily Pursuit traps all three of them and makes it easier for Dragalge to wallbreak. Wish support is greatly appreciated, (AC) as Dragalge easily gets worn down between by entry hazards; Aromatisse and Alomomola both have great defensive synergy and pass enormous Wishes. Machamp is a great partner, (AC) as it lures in Fairy-types for Dragalge while Dragalge lures in Steel-types for Machamp, and they could both benefit from the aforementioned Trick Room.

Other Options
########

An Assault Vest might seem like a good option for Dragalge due to its high Special Defense and reasonable power with Adaptability. However, this isn't the case, as Dragalge is worn down very quickly between by entry hazards and its lack of natural recovery, and it still lacks a bit of power. Thunderbolt is an option for those who want a more reliable way to hit Suicune, although it does not provide much out of this due to Draco Meteor hitting other targets harder. A Life Orb is an option for those who do not want Dragalge to be setup bait, but Dragalge will still lack a bit of power that it has with Choice Specs and it is even worn down quicker due to entry hazards chipping away at its health because of its tendency to switch a lot. Shadow Ball can be used in the last slot to 2HKO Jirachi and Bronzong. Albeit a very gimmicky option, Venoshock is an option to take advantage of Toxic Spikes' poison. Lastly, a full defensive set is viable, (AC) as Dragalge has access to many moves such as Dragon Tail, Haze, and Scald. Poison Touch would be the chosen ability for this set to spread poison with Dragon Tail.

Checks & Counters
########

**Special Walls**: Dragalge is unable to break through multiple special walls in the tier such as Blissey and Cresselia. Dragalge will end up letting them use it as setup fodder or they'll set up on as Dragalge's switches out. Another scenario, however, is that Although Dragalge can will try to use Draco Meteor and remove half of the opponent's foe's health, but they foe will likely use some form of recovery and Dragalge is forced to switch after the Special Attack drop.

**Bulky Steel-types**: Steel-types are resistant to Dragalge's main STAB move and are completely immune to its secondary one, making them an easy switch-in. While Dragalge will usually pack Focus Blast, bulky Steel-types that are neutral to Focus Blast such as Jirachi and Bronzong easily check it due to their high bulk and can either set up or attack. Even then, Focus Blast's accuracy is unreliable and makes it harder to spam it against even super effective targets.

**Faster Pokemon**: Pokemon that are faster and have the type advantage over Dragalge such as Alakazam and Krookodile are easy checks to Dragalge. They both outspeed Dragalge and can strike with a super effective STAB move. However, almost none of these Pokemon are able to switch into Dragalge, as they fear being hit with a STAB move.

2/2

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)