Dragon*Con - Need team suggestions!

Hi folks!

So I'm going to Dragon*Con this weekend in Atlanta and, if everything goes according to plan, am cosplaying as Wattson on Saturday and/or Sunday. A few months ago, I bought a few bulk packages of TCG League badges on eBay. Since I have 20 spare Dynamo Badges, I decided to create an electric-based team and challenge people at the con to battles. If they win, they get a badge.

Problem is, and I've taken it to the wire in trying to decide, I can't really settle on which Pokemon to use. I'm not generally into electric types, and rarely use them in my (typically casual) play. At best, I use Zapdos in the Maison.

My conundrum is due in part to the fact that I will need two distinct teams. I want to be able to give a fun battle to younger kids (that they could win) if I end up battling any, but I also need a team that won't get steamrolled by, well, smogon kiddies. The 'younger' team will probably be stuff like Pikachu, Plusle, Minun, whatever other goofy electric-types there are. I'd appreciate suggestions and balance for beginner and pro-level teams.

Well his basic team in the games is Magnemite, Voltorb and Magneton, and Elektrike depending on the version, so there's your starting point.

A beginner friendly team could probably just use those 4 if you're gonna be easy on kids, those are all easily beatable Pokemon.

For a harder mode, I'd roll with Mega Manectric, Magnezone, Zapdos, Raikou, and Thundurus at least, then fillers like Electivire, Raichu, Eelektross basically the stronger ones. Zekrom if you really wanna beef up the team.

For the noobie team, u can probably bring the rodent team, u know: pikachu, emolga, dedenne, pachirisu, plusle, minum. It always work XD

For the smogon team, u can bring:
- Suicide lead Galvantula (with sticky web and focus sash)
- Defensive Rotom-w (both stabs, will-o-wisp and pain split, very good again grounds)
- Specially defensive defog Zapdos (with roost, toxic and discharge paralysis chance)
- Choice Specs Magnezone (both stabs + hp grass or ice + volt switch, also sturdy ability, good again dragons)
- Choice band guts Luxray (the only physical attacker in ur team, absorb statuses)
- Mega Manectric for your mega slot (although mega ampharos isnt bad either)

Dats from the top of my head. If you like you can replace galvantula for mixed thundurus (taunt + knock off + other attacks) if you think u dont need sticky webs, and to stop other leads to put stealth rock. And yeah I'm a monotyper lols

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)