Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Flash Fire
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Modest
- Overheat
- Earth Power
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power (Ice)

-Species Clause: No more than one of the same Pokemon on a team.
-Sleep Clause: No two Pokemon may be put to sleep at the same time.
-No OHKOs: Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill and Sheer Cold are all banned.
-No Evasion: Double Team and Minimize are banned.

Summary:

I wanted to make a team balancing between powerful Pokemon and my favorite Pokemon. I wanted to go for a full offensive as well as balance between physical and special sweepers. I chose a Sunny Day team because my favorite Pokemon type is fire, it's a VERY offensive set and the only real threats to them are other weather teams. I dicked around on the PO server battling people and tweaking the team until I got into the top 20% of the ranking. This is what I came up with and this is what I plan on using.

Ninetales will go in with Drought and the proceed to begin crippling the opponent's team. Protect blocks Thunder Wave and Toxic and Disable rids me of them entirely. At this point the opponent tends to become frustrated and switches to another fighter, which will walk directly into a Confuse Ray. Ninetales then uses another Protect/Disable combo. Should they decide to stick around through that I hit them with Toxic.

My main sweepers are Heatran and Leafeon. Heatran is the primary one as the Choice Scarf and Sunny-side-up Flamethrowers make him a monster. I was two-shotting Dragonites and Salamences with him. Heatran I use mostly for mopping up, as Leafeon can Baton Pass a Work Up to him when her health gets too low for my liking, or when a Dragon or another Fire type comes out. Heatran's Earth Power solves the Fire type problem, as well as other Heatran, and Hidden Power helps scare away Dragons, though with Flamethrower's power I may replace Overheat and Hidden Power with something else.

Sawsbuck is a back-up sweeper, probably only sent in should Ninetales or another member go down. STABed Retaliate combined with the Life Orb and a possible Swords Dance can one-shot everything but Rock and Steel types. Horn Leach is amazing because it's STABBED and negates Life Orb damage. And Sawsbuck can relaunch Sunny Day along with Victreebell if need be.

Victreebell and Charizard are the clean up. Victreebell powers up with Growth and tears apart everyone with Leaf Blade and Weather Ball. Sludge Bomb is for Dragons. Charizard has a similar moveset, only instead of a speed boost he gets a power boost from Solar Power.

Threat list: If Heatran goes down, Fire types can prove hazardous. A Tyranitar in Sand could rock my world as well. Rain Dance teams, obviously, especially if their toting a Swift-Swim Kingdra.

first off, let me say that pictures make a team nicer to look at. consider adding some. Second, this is a fairly unbalanced team. I know you want to use sun as much as you can, but 3 fire types and 3 grass types leaves your team with a lot of weaknesses, and also makes your team highly reliant on sun. I imagine that when the weather changes you experience a lot of trouble. for this, i would recommend switching out some monsters for better coverage, and to patch some weaknesses. right now, a decent fire type could probably destroy this entire team. Focusing on individual members, right now that ninetales is absolute taunt bait. i would recommend giving hims something offensive just in case he is taunted, such as flamethrower over confuse ray. right now those attack EVs are doing you no good on ninetales, so either go for SpA or Hp, depending on if you want a bit more bulk or power. three grass attackers really is overkill. right now stealth rock is not your freind, especially with charizard on your team, so i would recommend a spinner over leafeon. Donphan is good physically, can help with opposing fire, and gives priority with ice shard. Something to consider. On Sawsbuck, Retaliate is an odd choice, especially on a set-up sweeper. Return is reliable and powerful, and still gets Stab. Nature Power is another option, as it turns into earthquake, and gives you decent coverage against steels. There's a good bit more, this team has some big problems, but that should be enough to get you started. Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)