Drop Pop Candy (1K)

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
Drop Pop Candy
Listen to my weeb music

Hello guys and welcome to my 1K RMT. So this is a really cool team I built after my other team got messed up due to the Durant ban. Well anyways this is a team was built around possibly my favorite core of all time being Specs Meloetta and Nasty Plot Houndoom which is an incredibly powerful duo that can apply a lot of pressure onto my opponents team. Well anyways I should be getting one with the team now.
Teambuilding Process
- as stated in the introduction I wanted to build a new team around this core.
- This team is extremely weak to Fighting-types right off the bat so I added Venusaur to sort check those. It also gives me something versus bulky waters.
- Mega Steelix was added since the team was really weak to Fletch at this point and I wanted a rock. This is also my Head Smash resist for the team.
- I was gonna go for mola at first to finish the Lix+Venu+B Water core but I went with Blastoise since Spin was useful Houndoom.
- Honestly, anyone that knows how I teambuild is not surprised to see this. I put this on like 92% of all my teams. But is gives the team a revenge killer for things like Delphox and Manectric and it really appreciates the stuff that Melo + Venu break down.
Team in Depth

Drop Pop Candy (Meloetta) @

Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice

- Psychic

- Focus Blast

- U-turn

Meloetta is an amazing wallbreaker with its stabs being able to puncture almost anything that has to take them. Most of the time I find myself using Psychic since it has a 20% chance to drop the opponents special defense unless they have a Dark-type then you go for Hyper Voice. U-turn is mostly just for leading or when you might think Escalivier or Spiritomb might come in (Pursuit) and Focus Blast is just some nice covergae to hit the likes of Registeel and Mega Steelix. I try to get Meloetta in as much as possible early game so I can drop nukes upon the enemy team and pave a way for either NP Doom or Scarf Trum to sweep. This happens to have the same name of the song I choice :3.

Cerebus (Houndoom) (M) @

Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot

- Fire Blast

- Dark Pulse

- Sucker Punch

Now for the main sweeper of the team as second part of the main core Houndoom. Houndoom is fast and really powerful especially with Nasty Plot set up at least once. It appreciates the things that Meloetta breaks down like Fighting-types. Houndoom movepoll is really set in stone with Dark Pulse and Fire Blast for STABs and Sucker Punch to hit Delphox and faster weakened Pokemon. The reason I opted for Sucker Punch instead of a Hidden Power (Water or Steel are the biggest ones rn) because my team already handles the things that Hidden Power beats (opposing Houndoom and Diancie) so packing some priority under my belt was a nice tool in a few battles.

Plantera (Venusaur) (F) @

Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Bomb

- Leaf Storm

- Hidden Power [Fire]

- Synthesis

Like I said in the Teambuilding Process I wanted a check to Fighting-types so I added Venusaur since it can help to check Fighting-types and break down Waters for Doom. It can also break down Diancie to free up room for Sucker Punch on my Houndoom. The set is pretty standard just STABs + Recovery + HP Fire. I suppose if you guys wanted to Giga Drain > Leaf Storm & Sleep Powder > Synthesis is an option that I often shuffle between those because I don't know which one is better.

Titanium (Steelix-Mega) (F) @

Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Atk / 76 SpD / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Heavy Slam

- Earthquake

- Stealth Rock

- Toxic

So at this point Mega Steelix was looking a little too good to pass up. One it has Stealth Rocks. Two its a Head Smash resist. And three is checks Fletch. Not to mention thats its typing works pretty well offensively tackling on Steel-types and Rock-types and even Diancie on occasion. I like Toxic since it puts a timer of Mola. Other than that you could run Stone Edge > Toxic to give you a slightly better chance of dealing with Fletch.

Top Spin (Blastoise) (M) @

Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald

- Rapid Spin

- Toxic

- Refresh

So to finish off the Venusaur + Mega Steelix + Bulky Water core I added Blastoise. Originally I was planning for Mola to be added but Doom really likes the removal of Stealth Rocks. So with that Blastoise was added. The moveset is extremely standard with Lefties to help recover HP and Refresh to remove Scald burns and Toxic. Toxic is once again used to put a timer on defensive Pokemon and such. Unfortunately Blastoise is my main pivot to Mega Steelix and many other things leaving it get overwhelmed quite easily so other people might enjoy using Alomomola > Blastoise which is perfectly fine since it can also pass Wish to Mega Steelix.

Empire (Tyrantrum) (M) @

Ability: Rock Head
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash

- Outrage

- Earthquake

- Superpower

I felt like I wanted a revenge killer and something for Fire-types. So I added Tyrantrum. I also happen to stick Tyrantrum onto about 87% of my builds. A lot of my other team members also help to remove its checks and counters as well like Steelix, Bronzong, and Mega Steelix. I prefer to use Earthquake > Dragon Claw on this TTrum just because I feel that the only time I am clicking a Dragon-type move is if I am attempting to clean up with it so I rather have something more relaible for revenging Manectric, Jolteon, Delphox.

Final Words
Okay you guys so here is my place to speak, my journey here on Smogon has been a good ride up to this point. At first I was little scrub who used Ambipom on the ladder and using King's Rock Cinccino in OU. But now I generally understanding of a lot of the tiers and I am striving for my Community Contributor. But I have also met a lot of really nice people all with unique personalities. I have gone through two ICBBs and 1 Name Change as if now and have finished 3 analysis so far.
Shoutouts
SQUAAAAAAD
Fineonbae - dude, you have probably been the person I know the longest and probably my best friend on this site.
BrandonBeast - Probably one the cooler people on this site and I know we are both working up from bad roots.
CrzyCookie - You have a good choice in music my friend :]
Drapionswing - Actually post, don't be shy and no, Fineon is my bae :^)
Gatorboy - Ambipom is garbage
Laurens - I like your sweeps nice and solid
Miyami~~ - Fren :]
Oddish is the best - Stop being innactive and talk to us
Rattled Snakes - Extremely good RU battler. When are you going to get your voice?
Thatwackycruton - You GIFs are immaculate, you are also too smart for me. Also you need a voice as well.
TheWall22 - I don't really talk to you too often but you are cool
WanderingWobbuffet - You probably talk to me the most and ghost me when I am laddering in OU

RU Room
MrAldo - I am glad you finally got Mod :D
EonX - You are probably my favorite mod out there :]
Kableye - %Kableye: thunder waving everything isnt a good idea
lighthouses - You are one of the best battlers and one of the best builers imo
Ryoma Nagare - Critisizes pretty much everything I do but still a cool person

Others
sparktrain - Really cool and really nice, also

Exclaimer - Really great CAP battler with a nice sense of humor whenever she decides to show it
Broken Phobias - Sometimes you build really good teams, and some times your teams are absolute trash. But keep it up.
gamer boy - One of the first people I met on this website and still a really cool person
-Magic- - Another one of the first people I met and still a really cool person as well
Sobi - Newer spriter and banner maker, I really hope to see you get better in the future
Toon - ASB fren

Last edited:
hi, nice team, here's a rate!

Knock off > Hidden Power Fire on Venusaur
Due to durant being banned from the metagame, the only real mon that hp fire threatens is escavalier, which loses its band or av to knock off. Knock off hurts mons such as meloetta, hoopa which are usually the switch ins for venusaur on hyper offensive builds. Knock off also assists venusaur in knocking off the eviolite from golbat which otherwise walls its stab, as well as hp fire. The other common check to venusaur in registeel, is weakened considerably through knock off as it lacks any type of recovery other than rest, which is outclassed by other sets.

Your team is incredibly weak to fighting spam as your resist is Venusaur especially from a mon such as scarf Medicham, which it can predict and go for the Zen Headbutt, while all the other mons on this team are unresisted or weak to HJK. An optional change could be changing Houndoom to Spiritomb as this will check a multitude of fighting type mons, as well as cripple them with wisp. Tomb also assists through trapping mons such as Sigilyph, Hoopa and Meloetta which can be troublesome for this team. Infiltrator gives spiritomb another niche which allows it to assist against uncommon but threatening mons like sub bulk up gallade.

Spiritomb @ Black Glasses
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Foul Play
- Will-O-Wisp

Venusaur @ Life Orb
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Knock Off
- Leaf Storm

Last edited:

Sylveon.

Penny saved is still a fucking penny
Hey man, cool team dude I have just finished testing with the team, is does awesome in the ladder ( though I am not much of a RU player) but I kind of agree with chakra's rate as spiritomb helps a lot by improving the matchup against fighting spam(basically just deters opponent from clicking HJK) and puts a lot of work.

Also knock off> HP fire on venu as you are not even going to 1HKO av escavalier anyways so its just better to remove its item and also it does not make venu useless against hoopa.

That's all! Best of luck :o)
And post an importable dude!!

Last edited:

fran17

(1999)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hello you have a really cool team there, I really like Chakra's suggestions, although with that you should go for some other changes on the team. First without Houndoom Blastoise isn't more needed as you don't need anymore hazard control, and the FWG core is broken anyway. Also Houndoom looks like a threatening mon, he can switch on choice locked Melo, and on Steelix, Venusaur and Spiritomb after they got a kill, which is pretty bad since your only real check is Blastoise, which can get 2HKOed by NP Doom if it's at +2 and fails to OHKO him back with Scald without some prior damage, and it works as a check to many other thing in your team and the lack of a recovery really sucks for it. Flygon over Blastoise will give you a decent check to it, and the momentum he can give you will let Meloetta to switch on more passive mons like Alomomola and prolly get a kill :)

With this change your team becomes really weak to Ice-type moves (i.e. Glalie, the rare Jynx, and Articuno) but I don't really know how to cover this weakness (which you had previously with Blastoise since Freeze-Dry 2HKOes with rocks up) so I guess I just should tell you to preserve Steelix alive and to avoid to let him megaevolve freely. Another way to play againist them is to trap them with Spiritomb after they got a kill scaring them with sucker punch.

This is all, I hope my suggestion will help you :)

Flygon @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 116 SpD / 24 Spe
Careful Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)