DS and Wii online services to be fully killed May 20th this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
if only I could find my SD card reader...
the journey of the happiny from my solorun (when it's finished)
pc -> SD card micro -> r4i (pokemon pearl) -> traded to legit cart
easy... well, if I HAD my SD card micro reader.
Forgive me if this is a silly question to ask, but do you own a laptop or know anyone with one? Have you poked around your desktop tower? A lot of laptops and desktops nowadays have integrated card readers.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
Oh, sorry.

Something good about this WFC shutdown is that I took out a lot of my old games and I'm giving them a go. Pokemon Conquest, Yu-Gi-Oh WCS, Dragon Quest IX (which I don't remember fondly lol), etc. Is anyone else playing their old games?

Oh, sorry.

Something good about this WFC shutdown is that I took out a lot of my old games and I'm giving them a go. Pokemon Conquest, Yu-Gi-Oh WCS, Dragon Quest IX (which I don't remember fondly lol), etc. Is anyone else playing their old games?
Yeah I've almost finished Pearl. I'm currently up to the part where you can catch Palkia. I plan on RNGing it on the weekend.

Oh, sorry.

Played my last few team battles of SSB online. The waiting times were surprisingly short today and everyone brought their A-games with them. Often I'd destroy opponents with Zelda but lately a lot of people predicted the outcome of where I landed when I spammed Farore's Wind. The random people who play online are still just as predictable as ever though. While people are scrambling to break the Smash Ball, I'd either go feign attacking it and go straight for the kill or snatch it at the last second using Din's Fire. Holding onto it was the key as I would fight normally and spam Din's Fire while they were scared. Finally I would use Light Arrow when my opponents dropped their guard. Afterwards, I played as Wolf for the rest of the evening; the K.O.s you could score with the Landmaster were hilarious. I saved the replays of those battles for when Nintendo finally pulls the plug.

Also, with Pokémon, I've been playing Platinum and trading random shit on the GTS for the sake of nostalgia. Completely forgot that the GTS theme had been untouched since Gen 4. Good times.

I hope this makes Pokemon Twitch better now that access to Pokegen is down. For the past year, a lot of streams have been basically "donate me cash/come watch and you can get Pokemon I downloaded of the Internet" or "play in a voting game and get a free shiny (insert Pokemon that was downloaded)" and there was only few good streamers, like Shofu and Riptidepow (even though both of those guys rarely stream Pokemon). Not that I've anything against genning, you shouldn't use it like that though :/. I just checked today and guess what? Zero streams with those titles.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
Oh, sorry.

I've been playing Emerald a lot lately. The recent discovery of the "Glitzer popping" glitch has renewed my interest in it, plus now I can get national dex Pokemon without trading (since my link cable doesn't work anymore).

I know its already been a month since this shutdown happened but it makes me really mad because I have to pay like $25 just to gen a pokemon using powersave and I never genned a Latias, Latios, Thundurus, or a Manaphy so I'm pretty screwed.

My face ------------>
ANGRA FACE.png

ethan06

⋖(☼┆☼)⋗
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, Manaphy's actually completely unobtainable now thanks to Ranger: SoA losing it's online capability. Only way to get it now is to hack it, and I'm sure that it'll get far more valuable now...

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
Yeah, Manaphy's actually completely unobtainable now thanks to Ranger: SoA losing it's online capability. Only way to get it now is to hack it, and I'm sure that it'll get far more valuable now...
It's still obtainable on the first Ranger game, that one requires a code rather than a download for accessing the mission (assuming you manage to somewhere find a copy that hasn't obtained it yet lol, but then again that also went for SoA and ToL)

I think the majority of event pokes are unavailable bar hacking. They'll probably be re-released at some point, since Ninty seems to be holding on to the "only Kalos bred mons can be in VGC" , and those are the very few that CAN'T be bred in Kalos (and later Hoenn))

I think the majority of event pokes are unavailable bar hacking. They'll probably be re-released at some point, since Ninty seems to be holding on to the "only Kalos bred mons can be in VGC" , and those are the very few that CAN'T be bred in Kalos (and later Hoenn))
I remember in April Friendly, everybody I saw that had legendaries lost because of the terrible IVs on the legendary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)