Dual Weather Teams

I'm a fan of dual weather teams, but I can never get them to work. It seems like every time I try to build one, it just gets demolished by the other guy who built his team around one weather.

But I do think it merits more research and use. It can really destroy teams that are utterly dependent on a single weather to be successful. It also makes winning the "weather war" much easier.

I wonder about pokemon that can take advantage of BOTH weather types utilized. I'm thinking here of Sand Force Gastrodon (yes, I'm aware that it's typically the Storm Drain edition that's recommended). In rain, water moves get boosted; in sand, ground moves get boosted...either way, SF Gastrodon gets a STAB move boosted beyond the usual. (Now to do something about its sub-par speed, especially if a grass attack is lurking nearby...)

Should be quite a challenge to find something that specifically gets bonuses (beyond not getting scoured) from, say, hail and sun, though...

BTzz

spams overhand rights
is a Contributor Alumnus
Woah, old thread. I remember posting this back when I first joined smogon :/.
If a mod wants me to fix up the op then I'll do it, or you can lock it if you think this doesn't deserve it's own thread.

It just seems to me that dual weather teams are just too inconsistent. Instead of worrying about switching into counters or your best options, you are preoccupied with figuring out weather. I think a better option if you want multiple weather abusers is to run some and use your opponent's weather against them. It just seems to work better.

I made a dual weather team once and the reason I made it was to counter other weather teams. It is much easier to win the weather wars when you have 2 weather pokemon and they only have one.

Heh, I posted this idea back on March I believe and I got flamed for being stupid and whatnot. Hail+Sand is pretty solid, imho. You can go both offensive or stallish:
Tyranitar / Landorus / Abomasnow / Mamoswine / Reuniclus / Terrakion
Hippowdon / Abomasnow / Ferrothorn / Stallrein / Reuniclus / Tentacruel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)