Ducks and Dogs

Battle between Infinity and hamgrill36 started!

Tier: Dream World OU
Variation: +37, -12
Rule: Rated
Rule: Sleep Clause
Rule: Freeze Clause
Rule: Species Clause
Rule: Wifi Battle

This is a warstory played on PO. It was a fairly stallish battle, and parts will probably seems quite boring, but having been involved in the battle, I can tell you that there was a lot of strategy on both players' parts in determining the final result. Due to the imagine restriction limit, phases of the battle where two Pokémon are just stalling will have their images removed. Pokémon who have Leftovers will have their first turn of recovery included, and their Leftovers will be omitted from there on in. Enjoy!

hamgrill36 sent out Raikou!
Infinity sent out Salamence!
The foe's Rawrness intimidates Raikou!
Raikou's Attack fell!
Infinity: gl

Start of turn 1

The match begins with an offensive face-off. With the advent of the team preview in Gen 5, I saw that he was leading with Salamence, and so I chose to go with my Raikou that carries HP Ice. I also saw that he has a Blissey, and my usual lead (Machamp) would be very important in taking down that Blissey. Anyway, to the battle. He will be wary that I may be carrying HP Ice, and so I expect that he will not want to stay in against my Raikou, but it is too early in the game for me to predict and take a risk, and I like my Raikou so I play it safe.

Infinity called Salamence back!
Infinity sent out Blissey!

Raikou used Hidden Power!
The foe's Blissey lost 9% of its health!

The foe's Blissey restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

(100%)
(97%)

Start of turn 2

As expected, he switches out, and now I'm left locked into HP Ice, as my Raikou is scarfed. My only real options at this point to threaten Blissey are to switch in Machamp or Skarmory. Machamp can obviously pound it with Dynamicpunch, but he will inevitably switch which is likely to cause me to lose momentum. Skarmory seems the better option here, as Blissey can't really touch it bar the rare Flamethrower/Thunderbolt. I can set up my Spikes nice and early on in the game.

hamgrill36 called Raikou back!
hamgrill36 sent out Skarmory!

(100%)
(100%)

The foe's Blissey used Toxic!
But it failed!

Start of turn 3

I get my Skarmory in perfectly as he tries to Toxic, and now I am in the stronger position with the momentum in my favour. From the team preview, however, I have seen that he has a Magnezone, and he will probably be itching to switch it in now and frazzle my birdy. But he also knows that I know he has a Magnezone, and that I may be predicting his switch to Magnezone and switch to a counter myself. So I decide to take a risk, knowing that in the very worst outcome, I will get down two layers of Spikes thanks to Sturdy.

Skarmory used Spikes!
Spikes were scattered all around the feet of Infinity's team!

The foe's Blissey used Seismic Toss!
Skarmory lost 100 HP! (29% of its health)

(77%)
(100%)

Skarmory restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 4

My risk pays off on this occasion, and I have my first layer of Spikes down. I now know that he will almost definitely bring in Magnezone now, as he won't want to risk my Skarmory setting up any longer, even though I'm now virtually guaranteed to get down all three layers of Spikes, but he'll still want to have Skarmory gone, as it could hamper his Salamence or something. So I switch to Heatran knowing that barring HP Ground, it counters Magnezone pretty well.

hamgrill36 called Skarmory back!
hamgrill36 sent out Heatran!

Infinity called Blissey back!
Infinity sent out Magnezone
The foe's Magnezone is hurt by spikes!

The foe's Magnezone restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

(100%)
(93%)

Start of turn 5
Ah, excellent. My big fire-breathing thing is staring down his floating UFO thing with an evil glint in its eye. It would be all too easy for Heatran to roast this Magnezone with Flamethrower or send it to the abyss with Earth Power, and my opponent must know this too. To not lose momentum completely, I take this opportunity to get my rocks up.

Infinity called Magnezone back!
Infinity sent out Suicune!
The foe's Suicune is hurt by spikes!

Heatran used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around Infinity's team!

The foe's Suicune restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

(100%)
(93%)
Start of turn 6
His Magnezone flees, whimpering, with its (magnet?) between its legs, and Heatran throws some rocks at the incoming Suicune, which is balanced gracefully. For all his might and usage, even Heatran knows when he is beaten, and right now he is seeing a foe too great to take down with his fiery powers. Expecting the Boil Over/Surf coming my way, I turn to the pixie of the forest, Celebi, to save Heatran in its hour of need.

hamgrill36 called Heatran back!
hamgrill36 sent out Celebi!

The foe's Suicune used Calm Mind!
The foe's Suicune's Sp. Att. rose!
The foe's Suicune's Sp. Def. rose!

(100%)
(100%, +1 SpA, +1 SpD)

Start of turn 7
Well, I was hoping he would use a Water move and Celebi would take peanuts from it, but now my specially-orientated Celebi is staring down the barrel against a Suicune with boosts in both Special stats, and potentially carrying Ice Beam which would maim Celebi. Knowing that I outspeed and should be able to take one Ice Beam at full health, I order my Celebi to think some dark thoughts about eating that Suicune alive.

Celebi used Nasty Plot!
Celebi's Sp. Att. sharply rose!

The foe's Suicune used Roar!
Latias was dragged out!

(100%)
(100%, +1 SpA, +1 SpD)

Start of turn 8
Shite. I now have my back to the wall. My Latias has been unwillingly dragged from its slumber in its Poké Ball, and now, bleary eyed, has to deal with a Suicune with a Calm Mind under its belt. Now knowing that it is unlikely to have Ice Beam, Roar would probably be the best option here, but Latias in its early morning state (first misplay on my part) chooses Toxic instead.

Latias used Toxic!
The foe's Suicune was poisoned!

The foe's Suicune is hurt by poison!

Latias (100%) Suicune (100%, +2 SpA, +2 SpD, Toxic)

Start of turn 9
This is not good. Even though Surf, or even Ice Beam, will still not KO my Latias which has heavy Special Defense investment, for some reason I decide to switch out to Skarmory because apparently Whirlwind will be a much better way of getting rid of it than Roar, even though Skarmory probably can't take a Surf at +2.

hamgrill36 called Latias back!
hamgrill36 sent out Skarmory!

(82%)
(93%, +3 SpA, +3 SpD, Toxic)

Start of turn 10
Well, shit is all I can say to that. Skarmory is now cowering away and yearning for the rest of its Poké Ball, almost begging Suicune to put it out of its misery. Suicune is a just combatant, and obliges, conjuring up a pool of hot water and preparing to release it.

The foe's Suicune used Boil Over!
Skarmory lost 274 HP! (82% of its health)
Skarmory fainted!

Skarmory (0%) Suicune (81%, +3 SpA, +3 SpD, Toxic)

5 - 6

hamgrill36 sent out Latias!

Start of turn 11
As expected, Skarmory is washed away amidst a sea of steaming water, and falls haplessly from the sky with rust forming on its wings. Now, after all that deliberation, I bring in Latias to do what it should have done a long time ago.

The foe's Suicune used Rest!
The foe's Suicune went to sleep and became healthy!

Latias used Roar!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Magnezone!
The foe's Magnezone was dragged out!

(100%)
(81%)

Start of turn 12
Suicune snoozes away, and having revealed its entire moveset, it now becomes aware that it has Rest without Sleep Talk which seems quite odd really. Latias and Celebi can switch in with impunity to it now. Anyway the situation on hand is that the UFO has been dragged out, and it's not a great matchup for him, though my Latias can't touch it with my only offensive move being Dragon Pulse, so I return to Heatran who is brimming with energy still.

The foe's Magnezone used Hidden Power!
It's not very effective...
Heatran lost 19 HP! (4% of its health)

(100%)
(87%)

Start of turn 13
Heatran sponges what is fairly obviously HP Ice from the Magnezone, and Heatran is once again in the same situation as it was in near the start of the match. I doubt he will send Suicune back in as it is sleeping away like a baby, and Earth Power will still do some sort of damage to it, but I decide to play it relatively safe and go for the good old reliable Flamethrower.

Infinity sent out Blissey! (Blissey)
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Blissey!
The foe's Blissey is hurt by spikes!

Heatran used Flamethrower!
The foe's Blissey lost 21% of its health!

(100%)
(60%)

Start of turn 14
Blissey again, eurgh. After all the entry hazard damage and the...okay amount the Flamethrower did she has a decent chunk taken from her health, but she will heal that back all too easily with Softboiled, making Heatran's fiery efforts in vain. Celebi can set up on this Blissey with Nasty Plot, and heal of Seismic Toss damage with Recover, so that seems like my best option at the moment, not wanting Machamp to take damage yet or lose its Lum Berry to a Toxic.

The foe's Blissey used Softboiled!
The foe's Blissey regained health!

(100%)
(100%)

Start of turn 15
Blissey sits herself down at the table and tucks into some boiled eggs, restoring her HP. Celebi will probably only manage a 2HKO at +6 with Energy Ball, but that seems good enough to me, so here I go.

Infinity sent out Jirachi!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Jirachi!
The foe's Jirachi is hurt by spikes!

Celebi used Nasty Plot!
Celebi's Sp. Att. sharply rose!

(100%, +2 SpA)
(81%)

Start of turn 16
He sends in the other little event pixie of the Pokémon world, and now these two equally statted Pokémon, separated by one generation of games, face off. At a glance, Celebi has the obvious advantage, as a super effective Earth Power will more than likely end that Jirachi, and my Celebi is max speed, meaning at worst this should be a speed tie.

The foe's Jirachi used Trick!
The foe's Jirachi switched items with Celebi!
The foe's Jirachi obtained one Leftovers!
Celebi obtained one Choice Scarf!

Celebi used Earth Power!
It's super effective!
The foe's Jirachi lost 81% of its health!
The foe's Jirachi fainted!

Celebi (100%, +2 SpA) Jirachi (0%)

5 - 5
I get the desired KO on the Jirachi, but at the cost of my Celebi's chance of any sort of sweep in this game. That narrows down my options of getting rid of the Blissey, making Machamp's survival even more paramount. I have to say, I did not see that Trick coming.

Infinity sent out Salamence!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Salamence!

The foe's Salamence intimidates Celebi!
Celebi's Attack fell!

Start of turn 17
He sends in Salamence with its immunity to Earth Power, and I'm forced to switch out. Raikou sounds like a good option here, as the only things that can KO it barring a crit are Earthquake, Specs Draco Meteor or Banded Outrage. It's unlikely that he will be Specs or Banded, and much more likely that he will dry and Dragon Dance and sweep the rest of my team with Skarmory gone.

hamgrill36 called Celebi back!

The foe's Rawrness used Dragon Dance!
The foe's Rawrness's Attack rose!
The foe's Rawrness's Speed rose!

The foe's Rawrness restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

(100%)
(81%, +1 Atk, +1 Spe)

Start of turn 18
That worked out perfectly for me, and now I'm in a good position. My Raikou outspeeds his Salamence even at +1 thanks to the Choice Scarf, but he doesn't know that my Raikou is scarfed at this point, so I feel safe going for the HP Ice, knowing that it will likely net me my second KO of the match.

Raikou used Hidden Power!
It's super effective!
The foe's Rawrness lost 81% of its health!
The foe's Rawrness fainted!

(100%)
(0%)

5 - 4

Infinity sent out Cresselia!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Cresselia!

Start of turn 19
He sends out what is probably the bulkiest all round Pokémon in the game, and something that virtually walls my entire team. HP Ice is futile here, it won't even leave a pea-sized indent in Cresselia's armour. I can see a way of taking it down, though, if he doesn't carry Rest. My Latias can Toxic it and slowly wear it down.

hamgrill36 sent out Latias!

The foe's Cresselia used Trick!
The foe's Cresselia switched items with Latias!
The foe's Cresselia obtained one Leftovers!
Latias obtained one Flame Orb!

(100%)
(87%)

Latias's Flame Orb activated!
Latias was burned!

Start of turn 20
Not really what Latias put down on its wish-list, but there you go. My now Leftovers-less and burnt Latias is looking quite sorry for itself, but needs to get that Toxic off on the Cresselia, and then it can consider its job done.

Latias used Toxic!
The foe's Cresselia was poisoned!

The foe's Cresselia used Psychic!
Latias lost 28 HP! (9% of its health)
Latias's Sp. Def. fell!

Latias is hurt by its burn!
The foe's Cresselia is hurt by poison!

(79%, Burn)
(87%, Toxic)

Start of turn 21
Not really sure what he's doing going for the Psychic on Latias, but I get my Toxic on him and breath a sigh of relief, hoping he doesn't pack Rest. With my entry hazards down, and Cresselia seemingly unable to significantly harm my Latias, I can select Roar with a degree of confidence.

Latias lost 44 HP! (14% of its health)

Latias used Roar!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Suicune!
The foe's Suicune was dragged out!

(53%, Burn)
(81%, Sleep)

Start of turn 22
Suicune is forced into the arena, still dozing from its earlier Rest. Latias is losing health at a steady rate, but is still in reasonably good health. I click Roar once more, knowing that his Suicune isn't going to wake up, and if he switches in something else it's just going to compound entry hazard damage on his team.

The foe's Suicune is fast asleep!

Latias used Roar!
The foe's Cresselia was dragged out!

(41%, Burn)
(75%, Toxic)

Start of turn 23
Latias is getting down into the range of ill health now, and it's time to go and land on the ground to replenish some HP. Cresselia can't do anything to Latias and is just losing HP to Toxic damage, so I feel safe doing so.

Latias used Roost!
Latias landed on the ground!
Latias regained health!

Latias lost 40 HP! (13% of its health)

Latias (66%, Burn) Cresselia (69%, Toxic)

Start of turn 24
Cresselia attacks with Psychic in vain once more, and this stall-ish phase of the battle is beginning to annoy me. However the only thing that could really do notable damage to Cresselia is Machamp with Payback, and then I would risk taking irreplacable damage from Psychic, and Machamp is key if I am to win this game, so it's too early for that.

Latias used Roost!
Latias landed on the ground!
Latias regained health!

The foe's Cresselia used Rest!
The foe's Cresselia went to sleep and became healthy!

Latias (87%, Burn) Cresselia (100%, Sleep)

Start of turn 25
Yada yada yada, stall stall stall. Go for the Roar here to get rid of that annoying Cresselia and get hazard damage.

The foe's Cresselia is fast asleep!

Latias used Roar!
The foe's Magnezone was dragged out!

(75%, Burn)
(75%)

Start of turn 26
Magnezone is forced in once more, and Latias can once again do nothing to it. So I go to the ever-dependable Heatran to shoo it.

The foe's Magnezone used Substitute!
The foe's Magnezonemade a substitute!

(100%)
(56%, Sub)

Start of turn 27
It's super effective!
The foe's Magnezone's substitute faded!

The foe's Magnezone used Thunderbolt!
Heatran lost 157 HP! (40% of its health)

(66%)
(62%)

Start of turn 28
Heatran is being glued to the field by the strong magnetic force that Magnezone is exerting on his steel shell. He does not need to move to let loose a torrent of flames that careers into Magnezone's decoy, however. Magnezone showers Heatran in sparks for reasonable damage, but Heatran still holds the upper hand in this contest.

The foe's Blissey lost 19% of its health!

(72%)
(62%)

Start of turn 29
His Blissey once again returns and takes a fair amount from entry hazards and Flamethrower, and he is probably expecting my switch to Machamp now. I can't let Machamp lose its Lum Berry yet, and I don't want to take Seismic Toss damage either. So I go to Celebi, just to have a decent switch.

Celebi was poisoned!

Celebi is hurt by poison!

(94%, Toxic)
(68%)

Start of turn 30
Celebi gets Toxic-ed. Not much I can do here except spam Energy Ball and hope for a billion Special Defense drops. That Choice Scarf from the Jirachi is really screwing me and my Celebi over now, grr.

Celebi used Energy Ball!
The foe's Blissey lost 11% of its health!

Celebi is already poisoned.

Celebi (82%, Toxic) Blissey (63%)

Start of turn 31
Pretty useless turn all in all, Toxic damage just mounting on Celebi and Blissey using Toxic again, either a misclick or predicting my switch out.

Celebi used Energy Ball!
The foe's Blissey lost 13% of its health!

Celebi (64%, Toxic) Blissey (100%)

Start of turn 32
Another uneventful turn, and now Toxic damage is becoming a problem for Celebi, so I return to Heatran.

The foe's Blissey used Aromatherapy!
A soothing aroma wafted through the area!

(78%)
(100%)

Start of turn 33
Stupid pink blob gets the Aromatherapy off, and now I see why he carries Rest on his Suicune with no Sleep talk.

Heatran lost 100 HP! (25% of its health)

(59%)
(87%)

Start of turn 34
If you're wondering why I went to Heatran, it was so I didn't bait the Toxic as I tried to get my Machamp in unscathed. Now that I have my Heatran in, I'm fairly sure he is not going to go with Toxic for this turn, more likely to try and get rid of my Heatran with Seismic Toss.

hamgrill36 sent out Machamp!

The foe's FatEggThing used Toxic!
Machamp was poisoned!
Machamp ate its Lum Berry!
Machamp's status cleared!

(100%)
(93%)

Start of turn 35
Bollocks, he must have read my mind. It's not a disaster, but Machamp now has no protection against Toxic. Knowing full well that Blissey is going to scarper at the sight of Machamp, but also just wanting to smack the big fat nurse right between the eyes, I order Machamp to raise one of its several arms and prepare to strike.

Machamp used DynamicPunch!
The foe's Cresselia lost 16% of its health!
The foe's Cresselia became confused!

(100%)
(90%, Confused)

Start of turn 36
All too obviously, he brings in Cresselia, which takes laughable damage from such a feared attack in the metagame. Payback is an option here, though if he hurts himself in confusion it's not going to do all that much, and if he doesn't then he's going to make deep inroads with Psychic while I probably 3HKO him at best. So I decide to switch to Celebi to at least wall his STAB attack.

hamgrill36 called Machamp back!

The foe's Cresselia is confused!
Celebi lost 39 HP! (10% of its health)

(54%)
(96%, Confused)

Start of turn 37
Well, Celebi gets in okay, but can't really do too much to Cresselia at Cresselia's current HP. Energy Ball is the best option anyway for the Special Defense drop, so I hit that.

Infinity called Cresselia back!
Infinity sent out Magnezone

Celebi used Energy Ball!
A critical hit!
The foe's Magnezone lost 33% of its health!

(54%)
(17%)

Start of turn 38
I nail the incoming Magnezone with a crit, and though no one likes to get crits that could potentially matter, I don't think in the grand scheme of things this one made that much of a difference, but still, kudos to my opponent for continuing the match. Seeing how much the crit did, I can hope that I get a high damage roll and end this Magnezone's life even without a crit.

Celebi used Energy Ball!
A critical hit!
The foe's Magnezonelost 17% of its health!
The foe's Magnezone fainted!

(54%)
(0%)

5 - 3

Infinity sent out Blissey! (Blissey)

hamgrill36: sorry

Start of turn 39
I apologise to my opponent for yet another crit, and he is gracious. Though this one could potentially not have mattered, it's still not nice to see two in a row and it somewhat taints the battle. He sends out his Blissey, and he is probably predicting my switch to Machamp here, so I go to Heatran. I sure am thankful he has no entry hazards up, or this would be an easy win for him.

But it failed!

(65%)
(74%)

Infinity: Happens

Start of turn 40
I switch in my Heatran, expecting him to Toxic and he does. I can now go to Machamp and this time hope he doesn't Toxic.

Machamp lost 100 HP! (26% of its health)

(74%)
(80%)

Start of turn 41
I get Machamp in relatively well, and now I know he will switch once again. Seeing as though I'll take no damage, Payback still won't do too much to Cresselia, but it's the best option I have of slowly wearing it down.

Pointed stones dug into the foe's Cresselia !

Machamp used Payback!
It's super effective!
A critical hit!
The foe's Cresselia lost 41% of its health!

(74%)
(49%)

Start of turn 42
Pretty useless crit to be honest, but still looks ugly. Machamp now has to flee once more or risk being hit by Psychic, so I go to Heatran to wall his Cresselia to the moon and back (slight pun there ;) )

Heatran lost 42 HP! (10% of its health)

(61%)
(55%)

Start of turn 43
Heatran is looking mean. Cresselia seemingly has no escape route as Psychic is doing pathetic damage after Leftovers. Heatran can probably 2HKO with Flamethrower from this position, and that will be a vital KO for me in the game.

The foe's Cresselia lost 28% of its health!

(67%)
(78%, Sleep)

Start of turn 44
The foe's Psycho Duck is fast asleep!
Gah. It does pack Rest, and now Blissey has Aromatherapy to just wake it up and continue walling. If I continue spamming Flamethrower I may eventually get a crit though, which will punish him for trying to PP stall me.

The foe's Cresselia lost 29% of its health!

Heatran (73%) Cresselia (55%, Sleep)

Start of turn 45
Crit still isn't coming, and he is going to wake up soon, hmm. My best option is still just to go with Flamethrower, as I don't really have anything that can do any better to Cresselia at this moment in time.

The foe's Cresselia lost 30% of its health!

Heatran (79%) Cresselia (31%, Sleep)

Start of turn 46
The foe's Cresselia woke up!
Rinse and repeat.

Heatran (85%) Cresselia (77%, Sleep)

Start of turn 47
This is starting to become quite futile, though Heatran is regaining its HP back slowly, which could prove useful. Cresselia still has another two turns of sleep, so I can get Machamp in and have a crack at it with Payback or try and get some confusion with Dynamicpunch.

(74%)
(61%)

Start of turn 48
Well, that worked out just about perfectly! I'm now in a good position, with Blissey unable to get off its Aromatherapy due to the threat of Machamp, and Cresselia still with two turns of sleep left. Cresselia will also take entry hazard damage and damage from Machamp when it comes back in as well, so here goes Dynamicpunch just in case the Blissey stays in.

The foe's Cresselia lost 17% of its health!

(74%)
(54%, Sleep)

Start of turn 49
He is now looking vulnerable, with two turns of sleep remaining, and Machamp licking its lips and flexing its muscles, getting ready to Payback Cresselia for a 2HKO.

Machamp used Payback!
It's super effective!
The foe's Cresselia lost 41% of its health!

(74%)
(19%, Sleep)

Start of turn 50
Cresselia is now within KO range of Payback, and I'm sure he won't want to be thinking about switching Blissey in as it will still take reasonable damage from Payback, and then just have to switch right out again anyway, so that would be pointless. He may switch to Suicune, in which case I could Dynamicpunch and maybe get rid of that from the field, but then I risk not killing Cresselia and having him Rest up to full HP again. With Cresselia being the much bigger threat to my team at this stage, I decide to continue with Payback.

Pointed stones dug into the foe's Suicune!

Machamp used Payback!
The foe's Suicune lost 10% of its health!

(74%)
(52%)

Start of turn 51
Meh, doesn't work out, but it's a much better situation than having Cresselia regain all its HP. Fearing the burn from Boil Over, I choose to switch to Celebi to absorb the hit and threaten with Energy Ball.

The foe's Suicune used Boil Over!
Celebi lost 41 HP! (11% of its health)

(43%)
(58%)

Start of turn 52
I could have overpredicted his switch here and gone to Machamp to take out Blissey, but Machamp holds the key here. My opponent has played a prediction game all match, and he could just as easily stay in and go for Boil Over, as he probably knows that his Suicune isn't all that useful in him winning this anyway.

Infinity called Suicune back!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Blissey

Celebi used Energy Ball!
The foe's Blissey lost 12% of its health!

(43%)
(30%)

Start of turn 53
Alas, he switches. This is now probably going to allow him to get a free Aromatherapy as he switches, but he may expect me to go to Machamp, as then three Dynamicpunches pretty much wins me the game with Cresselia on such low health and taking entry hazard damage. So once again I go with the conservative option of Heatran predicing Seismic Toss/Toxic.

But it failed!

(91%)
(36%)

Start of turn 54
He does choose Toxic, and now I face a decision, I should take this opportunity to bring in Machamp, but I still don't feel 100% confident in doing that. I go for Earth Power because it brings with it the chance of the Special Defense drop, and if he uses Aromatherapy, I have a strong chance of KOing with Flamethrower after the drop.

Heatran used Earth Power!
The foe's Blissey lost 13% of its health!

Heatran (97%) Blissey (79%)

Start of turn 55
...He uses Softboiled, which was probably the better option on his part. I'm gonna go with Flamethrower this turn, as even though he will get a free Aromatherapy, it will make him thinking that my Heatran is here to stay for a while, and deter him from using Toxic.

Heatran (100%) Blissey (66%)

Start of turn 56
Now more confident that he isn't going to predict my switch to Machamp as Heatran is looking settled, I can go into it and threaten him. The worst he could do is Toxic, and Seismic Toss isn't a dire result, as Machamp can still take two of those at its current health standing.

The foe'sBlissey used Seismic Toss!
Machamp lost 100 HP! (26% of its health)

(48%)
(72%)

Start of turn 57
He's most likely going to switch now fearing Dynamicpunch, but I can go with it anyway as it will net me a KO whatever happens. I'd rather Cresselia came in, but at least it will get Suicune out of the way if he fodders it.

Pointed stones dug into the foe's
Suicune!

The foe's Suicune lost 33% of its health!
The foe's Suicune fainted!

5 - 2

Start of turn 58
As expected, he fodders his Suicune to allow his Cresselia a safe path into the game, and now I'm left with a choice. I could go for Payback here as he will likely use Rest, but he also outspeeds me and could Psychic Machamp into oblivion, which will more than likely result in a dead Machamp at 48% health. So Raikou seems a stellar choice, as it can take a Psychic easily and threaten back with any attack, or at least lure in Blissey again.

(100%)
(100%, Sleep)

Start of turn 59
Seeing as I haven't revealead Shadow Ball yet, I doubt he's going to expect that, but he is also asleep and won't enjoy Raikou just hammering away at his health with STAB Thunderbolt or something. Going to Machamp seems a good option here, as it doesn't fear Cresselia while it is asleep, and can force Blissey should it dare return.

Pointed stones dug into the foe'sBlissey !

(48%)
(53%)

Start of turn 60
My eyes light up. Here is a chance to win the game. One swift Dynamicpunch to Blissey's fat face and things are mine, I can spam Shadow Ball on his Cresselia and hope for Special Defense drops, allowing Heatran to finish it off. But he could also be wise here and drain the PP of Dynamicpunch with some intelligent switching and mind games, so I feel better going with Payback.

Machamp used Payback!
The foe's Blissey lost 15% of its health!

Machamp (48%) Blissey (44%)

Start of turn 61
Bloody hell. That could have been the turn that sealed the deal for me, but now I'm in a bad position. Cresselia is cured of its sleep, and Blissey is still on decent health. I'm quite annoyed with this Blissey right now, and just want to see it gone, so I click Dynamicpunch to end it once and for all...

Infinity sent out Cresselia

The foe's Cresselia lost 15% of its health!

(48%)
(79%, Confused)

Start of turn 62
...And Machamp's hurling fist is greeted by Cresselia's body made of...something...moon dust? Your thoughts on Cresselia's complexion would be welcomed. Cresselia is confused now, however, and Raikou is still on decent health.

The foe's Cresselia is confused!
Raikou lost 79 HP! (24% of its health)

(76%)
(85%, Confused)

Start of turn 63
He gets a hit on my Raikou with Psychic, but it's no big deal and Raikou shrugs it off. In fact, I'm surprised it did that much really. Cresselia will probably be a 3HKO with Shadow Ball from here, and I haven't revealed that yet, and it's not always expected as people will generally go with Volt Change, Thunderbolt, Aura Sphere and HP Ice on a Scarf set.

Pointed stones dug into the foe'sBlissey !

Raikou used Shadow Ball!
It had no effect!

(76%)
(25%)

Start of turn 64
Shoot. He must have predicted that, as if I'd used Thunderbolt or Volt Change, his Blissey would be in a bad way right now. But I have to go to Machamp now, there can be no more messing about, I just want to see that thing gone, it's now or never!

Machamp was poisoned!

Machamp is hurt by poison!

(42%)
(31%)

Start of turn 65
I'm now on a time limit to finish the game after that Toxic, but his Blissey is also low on health and can't switch into another attack thanks to entry hazards, so I don't think he's going to switch here...

It's super effective!
The foe's Blissey lost 31% of its health!
The foe's FatEggThing fainted!

Machamp is hurt by poison!

Machamp (30%) Blissey (0%)

5 - 1

Infinity sent out Cresselia

Start of turn 66
Yes! Finally! It's always a pleasing sight for any battler to see a Blissey go down, and I've worked really hard to take it down with only one physical attacker in my ranks. It's now just a case of wearing down Cresselia with my remaining five Pokémon.

It's super effective!
Machamp lost 112 HP! (29% of its health)
Machamp fainted!

Machamp (0%) Cresselia (79%)

4 - 1

Start of turn 67
Machamp has done it's job for the game, and what a job it did. It lasted for 67 turns with no Leftovers recovery or anything, although to be honest it wasn't brought into the fray until mid-game, but it still did its job well. It deserves its rest in its Poké Ball, and can lie down and have a nice supper. Raikou will deal with this Cresselia and its trickery now.

Raikou used Shadow Ball!
It's super effective!
The foe's Cresselia lost 28% of its health!

Raikou lost 81 HP! (25% of its health)

Start of turn 68
Raikou can still live through a Psychic, and probably return Shadow Balls for a 2HKO perhaps.

Raikou used Shadow Ball!
It's super effective!

Raikou lost 85 HP! (26% of its health)

Start of turn 69
Cresselia can only survive one more Shadow Ball, and I can sense that the game is mine.

Raikou used Shadow Ball!
It's super effective!

Start of turn 70
He gets his Rest off, but he has to sleep for two turns now, and the Special Defense drop must be just around the corner...

Raikou used Shadow Ball!
It's super effective!

Start of turn 71
Shadow Ball Shadow Ball Shadow Ball.

Raikou used Shadow Ball!
It's super effective!
A critical hit!
The foe's Cresselia lost 56% of its health!

Start of turn 72
Bit of a useless crit here, as the result is almost a formality now.

Raikou used Shadow Ball!
It's super effective!
The foe's Cresselia lost 25% of its health!
The foe's Cresselia fainted!

Raikou Shadow Balls for the KO, and it's a victory for me! Every member of my team played its part I feel, even Skarmory, as that layer of Spikes proved crucial in wearing down the components of his team. Even though the result shows 4-0 in my favour, I don't think that scoreline reflects the match fairly, as my opponent played very well, and throughout the game I was never sure that I had things in the bag. My player of the match was definitely Machamp, as I couldn't have done it without him!

Well I hope you enjoyed it guys. This is only my second warstory, so any constructive criticism would be welcomed.

hamgrill36 won the battle!
hamgrill36: gg
Infinity: Good game.
Infinity: hah

Really enjoyed this warstory despite its stallish nature. Few misplays on both sides like losing skarmory, but aside from that a nice battle and very good commentary. Unusual pokes too which is always nice. Basically keep it up and improve the format if anything.

Nice warstory, lack of Gen V pokemon really made it seem like an old Gen IV warstory (a good thing). Concise narration that still showed thought process, flowerly language that was not overdone. He played Blissey somewhat badly, although keeping Blissey in on that Payback was very very ballsy.

Besides the Skarmory into Latias fiasco, you phazed Suicune in one turn, then phazed him out the next. Due to the new sleep timer mechanics, you had a chance to get a free Roost.

even though i hate stall i have to admit that this warstory is one of the most solid this gen with great commentary and predictions...9/10

Quite stallish indeed, but still an interesting read. Props for using some less common Pokémon like Raikou and Celebi. 8.5/10

It could've been a Gen IV warstory without the new Sleep mechanics and Boil Over...

Even if you 4-0ed him, this battle was full of mindgames. And mindgames are what I'm looking for in warstories. Good format.

Format: A-
Battle: A
Commentary: A-
Overall: A

It could've been a Gen IV warstory without the new Sleep mechanics and Boil Over...
Don't forget the team preview ;) haha. But yeah I take your point, it only had gen 4 Pokémon in it, but they were the Pokémon I feel fitted best into my team, and it just so happened he wasn't using any either.

A good, solid warstory. It's things like this that help me learn a little about competitive battling. Bit boring, but the commentary helped with that, and it was very well-thought-out.

TNN seal of approval

BurningMan

fueled by beer
Besides the whole Suicune misplay it was a okay battle you made your thought process clear and the format was good. Both Teams were solid and not full of horrible gimmicks, but featured a less common pokemon on their Team (Raikou and Cresselia).
So overall it was a nice warstory and definitelly better than 90% of the crap thats usually posted here.

Oh and use Giga Drain on NP Celebie it has only 5 less BP and you could exchange recover with Hidden Power, Baton Pass (Heatran and raikou would love a boost and have good synergie), U-Turn or alot of Support moves.

BurningMan said:
Besides the whole Suicune misplay it was a okay battle you made your thought process clear and the format was good. Both Teams were solid and not full of horrible gimmicks, but featured a less common pokemon on their Team (Raikou and Cresselia).
So overall it was a nice warstory and definitelly better than 90% of the crap thats usually posted here.

Oh and use Giga Drain on NP Celebie it has only 5 less BP and you could exchange recover with Hidden Power, Baton Pass (Heatran and raikou would love a boost and have good synergie), U-Turn or alot of Support moves.
Pretty much this. +1 Luvdisc

Even though you won by a large margin, this was a VERY satisfying warstory. That crit chain was a bit unfortunate but it isn't like you can help that. MAN that Cresselia was a big fat lump on the field though. 9.5/10 and Luvdisc'd.

The prediction was the best part of the battle, the midn games that came with it were interesting as well. Good comentary and format and overall I enjoyed it despite the one sided crit haz on your part. Good luck in the future.

Great warstory. 9/10. I don't really like stallish battles too much but it was a great battle nevertheless.

Great warstory, but with a few minor misplays. However, nonetheless, your prediction skills really payed off. =)
Also, props for using 3rd gen sprites, however, should of kept consistent with the other sprites (i.e blissey and machamp)

8.5/10

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It was solid in terms of playing and skill, but it was still boring. The whole match revolved around breaking blissey with switches and getting in Machamp against it, in that respect it was one dimensional, not to mention only having one answer to blissey show's poor teambuilding on your part.

I liked it, but I do not like the crits on Magnezone. Cress may have had a chanse for PP stall, but the crits would bound to happen, but great warstory, on of the best yet. 9/10.

While it wasn't one of the most exciting matches, I thoroughly enjoyed the warstory. This is one of few that actually has a good battle to go along with it. Keep up the good work, I'd love to read another one.

Great warstory. A few misplays, average hax (4 crits is probably average, and it doesn't make much of a difference that there were 3 in a row), but good commentary, good format.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)