move 3: Thunder Fang
move 4: Superpower
item: Choice Band / Life Orb
ability: Hustle
nature: Jolly
evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
  • Hits like a bucket full of bricks without any setup
  • X-Scissor is the primary STAB, nailing the many Grass- and Psychic-types of RU
  • Iron Head provide secondary STAB
  • Thunder Fang hits Poliwrath and Qwilish, major thorns in Durant's foot, as well as Moltres
  • Superpower can be used for attacking fellow Steel-types
[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
  • Baton Pass can work as a pseudo U-turn in the fourth slot
  • Also worth mentioning is Rock Slide, but it's hard to fit on the set, and Thunder Fang handles Moltres anyway
[SET]
name: Hone Claws
move 1: X-Scissor
move 2: Iron Head
move 3: Thunder Fang / Superpower
move 4: Hone Claws
item: Life Orb
ability: Hustle
nature: Jolly
evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
  • Hits like a bucket full of bricks - again - but with Hone Claws its power is increased, and Hustle's accuracy is made up for
  • Same moves as above for same reasons
[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
  • Baton Pass has more use on this set, being able to pass a Hone Claws boost
  • Rock Slide
  • Works best as a late-game cleaner, preferably after all Fire-types and special attackers and Choice Scarf users have bit the dust
[Other Options]
  • full BP - gets some nice BP moves like Agility/Rock Polish and Substitute
  • don't even THINK about Entrainment Truant
[Checks and Counters]
  • Fire-types demolish Durant
  • has a very weak special defense, so exploiting that is the key
  • Qwilfish resists both STABs and has Intimidate, but needs to beware Thunder Fang
  • Poliwrath can phaze or burn Durant, but again, Thunder Fang
  • only Magneton that works against Durant is Choice Scarf Magneton
  • outsped by Tauros, Swellow, Accelgor, and Sceptile - though the latter two will take heavy damage if their Focus Blast misses

I guess that this is a WIP, i'll give my thoughts.

->Choice Scarf Durant (Adamant), deserved a set, the last.

->Quit Life Orb on the Physical Durant Choice Band, LO is better with Hone Claws.

->Slash Lum Berry with Life Orb on the Hone Claws set.

->On the C&C section needs be more specific. Some examples: Scarf Emboar is probably one of the best checks on offensive teams, mention that others fire scarf types are decent checks to Durant but weak to Stealth Rock/ Rock Slide unlike Emboar (add some example like Moltres Scarf which also lures Rock Slide Durant). Same with Magneton Scarf. "only Magneton that works against Durant is Choice Scarf Magneton" this is sentence is false, every Magneton beats non-superpower Durant but is true that Magneton Scarf checks Hone Claws + Superpower version, while that rest of Magneton sets misses against this set with this move (except Custap Berry Magneton). Qwilfish is okay, add especially if Qwilfish runs Thunder Wave is a good counter to Durant, Rotom-a is another offensive cool check to Durant.
More defensive c&c add Steelix, Poliwrath, Ferroseed or Alomomola and even some obnoxious like Lampent and Frillish.

More later ~

hiya, i'm gonna say stuff, do with it what you will.

as minor formatting things, superpower should probably be in the third slot on the all-out attacker, and hone claws should be 1st slash on its respective set; moves in analyses should ideally indicate their importance in the context of the set, and i firmly believe superpower's ability to hit steel- and fire-types (barring moltres and i guess lampent, but only hnc uses that '-' ) is more wholly useful than the hit on qwilfish+'wrath+moltres. needless to say hone claws is kinda important for a hone claws set :P oh, and i mentioned this elsewhere, but i really think the move slashes for hone claws should be hc / x-scissor / superpower / (iron head / thunder fang). superpower honestly does way more for durant than secondary stab anyway, and the choice should be between iron head and tfang in the long run imo. tfang might honestly deserve primary slash, since it really only makes you weaker to golurk and forces you to pick up a stat drop to take out rock-types (it does way worse against dusknoir and stuff, but it's awful?), but it's not my call. oh yeah, and choice scarf w/swarm should be a thing imo.

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Choice Scarf needs to be a thing. Here's some other things to fix up before I give you the Scarf set to add:

[Overview]

• Really, the only Fire-types that can actually handle its power are Emboar and Moltres thanks to their 4x Bug resistance. Otherwise, most Fire-types can't handle Superpower, a possible Rock Slide, or 2 straight STAB moves after Stealth Rock.
  • Mention that it's underrated physical bulk and good defensive typing can make it difficult to kill off with priority alone.

[Choice Band]

• Iron Head should be the 4th move imo. I feel that Durant's coverage moves actually are more important than Iron Head on all of its sets since they hit what Iron Head does, but with added benefits of hitting physical walls like Rhydon, Steelix, and Qwilfish respectively.
  • Baton Pass might be worthy of a slash with Iron Head in the last slot, but I'm not as sure on that.
  • Mention some teammates? Druddigon can make it easier for Durant to spam STAB moves with Flamethrower. Fast physical attackers like SD Sceptile, Tauros, and Scarf Emboar and Braviary can clean up once Durant breaks down opposing physical walls.

[Hone Claws]

• Add Lum Berry as the primary item. I don't find the power boost from LO necessary most of the time
  • Hone Claws should be the first move imo. The set is called Hone Claws for a reason.
  • Again, move the coverage options above Iron Head.
  • Make Superpower a lone attack in the 3rd slot. The hit on Steelix and Rhydon is so useful as they're the top physical walls.
  • Final slot should probably be Thunder Fang / Iron Head. TFang hits Moltres, Qwilfish, and Poliwrath. Iron Head does give secondary STAB, but not much else imo.
  • AC Stone Edge since HC actually gets its accuracy to a decent level.
  • Mention stuff that can deal with Fire-types. (Slowking, Druddigon, Rhydon all deal with various Fire-types)
  • Qwilfish for Spikes and a solid Emboar switch-in
  • Scarf Rotom-C screws the set over as can Scarf Manectric. Druddigon handles both nicely as they may pull HP Fire / Overheat to KO Durant.

[Other Options]
  • SubSalac w/ HC
  • Really not much you can add here tbh

[Checks and Counters]
  • Scarf Emboar... big issue for Durant.
  • Moltres only fears Thunder Fang and the rare Rock Slide. 4x resists X-Scissor and also resists Iron Head and Superpower.
  • Superpower also does a lot to Poliwrath
  • Alomomola, though Lum HC Durant can easily setup on it
  • Scarf Rotom-C and Braviary resist at least one STAB and can easily revenge non-Scarf Durant (especially Rotom-C)
  • Scarf Manectric is a thing and it has Overheat and STAB Volt Switch / Thunderbolt.

And finally:
name: Choice Scarf
move 1: X-Scissor
move 2: Superpower
move 3: Stone Edge
move 4: Iron Head / Baton Pass
item: Choice Scarf
ability: Swarm
nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe

Outspeeds some p. serious threats such as +1 Lilligant and +2 Omastar while having the ability to KO them reliably. X-Scissor is your STAB move to revenge various Grasses such as Sceptile, Rotom-C, and +1 Lilligant. Superpower is nice to hit the Steels that resist X-Scissor (stuff like Aggron, opposing Durant, and Steelix) Stone Edge crushes Swellow, Braviary, Moltres, and Entei. Iron Head is a secondary STAB move, but Baton Pass can act as a pseudo U-turn to scout switch-ins. Very useful against stuff like Poliwrath, Qwilfish, and Magneton looking to switch-in and take advantage of Durant. Adamant is used as Durant has a high enough Speed tier to afford it and the only two threats you really miss out on are Scarf Manectric and Typhlosion. Swarm is cool since it can boost the power of X-Scissor if Durant gets low on health, thus aiding a late-game sweep. Mixed Emboar and Mixed Druddigon are fantastic parnters as they can lure in and beat most of the things that stand in Durant's way (think Qwilfish, Poliwrath, Steelix, and Alomomola) Spikes is really needed since you lack Hustle or any other way of boosting your Attack stat. Qwilfish is really good since it can check Entei and Emboar, thus lessening the pressure on Durant to predict them with Stone Edge or Superpower.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)