Type: Electric

HP: 75
Attack: 123
Defense: 67
Sp. Atk: 95
Sp. Def: 85
Speed: 95

Abilitites:
-Motor Drive- A really cool ability if you can predict your opponent. With Thunder Wave being so popular, you will probably ahve several chances to use this ability to your potential.
-(Dream World) Vital Spirit- If you have tons of problems with Venomoth and Lilligant's Sleep Powder, I suppose you could use this. But for no other reason should you.

(Usable moves in bold)

Code:
Level Up Moves:
1 [B]Fire Punch[/B]
1 Quick Attack
1 Leer
1 Thundershock
1 [B]Low Kick[/B]
6 Thundershock
11 [B]Low Kick[/B]
16 Swift
21 Shock Wave
26 Light Screen
31 Electro Ball
38 [B]Thunderpunch[/B]
44 [B]Discharge[/B]
50 [B]Thunderbolt[/B]
56 Screech
62 [B]Thunder[/B]
68 Giga Impact

TM's and HM's:
Toxic
Hidden Power
[B]Taunt[/B]
Hyper Beam
Light Screen
Protect
Rain Dance
[B]Frustration[/B]
[B]Thunderbolt[/B]
[B]Thunder[/B]
[B]Earthquake[/B]
[B]Return[/B]
Dig
Psychic
[B]Brick Break[/B]
Double Team
[B]Flamethrower[/B]
Rock Tomb
Torment
Facade
Rest
Attract
Thief
Low Sweep
Round
[B]Focus Blast[/B]
Fling
Charge Beam
Giga Impact
Flash
Volt Switch
Thunder Wave
Bulldoze
Rock Slide
Swagger
[B]Substitute[/B]
[B]Wild Charge[/B]
Rock Smash
Strength

Egg Moves:
Karate Chop
Barrier
Rolling Kick
[B]Meditate[/B]
[B]Cross Chop[/B]
[B]Fire Punch[/B]
[B]Ice Punch[/B]
DynamicPunch
Feint
Hammer Arm
[B]Focus Punch[/B]

Gen 4 only moves:
Iron Tail
Secret Power
Endure
Captivate
Sleep Talk
Natural Gift
Helping Hand
[B]Magnet Rise[/B]
Snore
Mud-Slap
Signal Beam
Headbutt

Ah yes, Electivire. The most hated thing in 4th gen OU, only used because of Gyarados's existence, has come down to RU (thanks team preview!). While it doesn't have the raw power to be in OU, it has an amazing movepool, so there's always a reason to use it. It also got a new toy this gen in the form of Wild Charge, a 95 Base Power Physical Electric attack with a small recoil percentage, allowing EVire to finally use a good STAB move.

Physical Expert Belt @ Guess
Motor Drive
Nature: Jolly/ Adamant
EV's: 252 atk/ 252 Speed/ 4 HP
-Wild Charge
-Cross Chop
-Ice Punch
-Earthquake

This set uses Electivire's high Attack stat and wild movepool to its fullest advantage. The Expert Belt helps it with crucial OHKO's, keeps it from taking LO recoil, allows EVire to switch moves, and can sometimes fool the opponent into thinking you are Choiced in some way. This moveset is able to hit most Pokémon in RU (thanks for catching that steviestar!) hard (bar Cresselia, Cofagrigus, and Quagsire), and with a Motor Drive boost you'll be outspeeding almost everything.

Meditate @ Expert Belt
Motor Drive
Jolly/ Adamant
4 HP/ 252 atk/ 252 speed
Meditiate
Wild Charge
Cross Chop
Earthquake

This set trades a bit of coverage for extra power. Since (sadly) Electivire does not get access to Swords Dance, Bulk Up, or even WORK UP (seriously Gamefreak, what the hell?), the only boosting move you have is Meditate. However, its not all bad, as after 1 Meditate you have 517 Attack, which can seriously hurt almost anything.

Alternate options:
Since Electivire has a very large movepool, it has many usable moves outside of the ones used for its sets

Fire Punch/ Flamethrower are good Fire moves, but you have Cross Chop for Ferroseed, Wild Charge for the Bugs (save Venomoth, but its OHKO'd by Wild Charge anyways), and Ice Punch for Lilligant. Not really needed.
Quick Attack has priority, but its low BP and little coverage renders it somewhat useless.
Low Kick/ Brick Break are a weaker but more accurate Cross Chop. Really only useful if you're that afraid of the miss chance.
Thunderpunch is a weaker alternative to Wild Charge, but doesn't have recoil
Thunderbolt/ Thunder/ Discharge/ Focus Blast can all be used on a mix/special set
Taunt is always nice to stop set-uppers in their tracks
Frustration/ Return are nice attacks, but you don't really want to give up a coverage move
Substitute is Sub, I really hope I don't need to explain
Focus Punch (SubPunch) is a possible set (might add while set to OP)
Magnet Rise can be used to troll/ give you an immunity to Ground

Extra Notes on the Pokémon:
-When you learned of the Rechargable Battery, you thought "Wow! A free DD for Electivire when hit by an Electric move?!" Sadly, its not that way. When holding a Rechargable Battery, only Motor Drive will activate, and you're left practically not holding an item.
-Jolly is preferred over Adamant, as it allows you to always tie (or outspeed!) with Yanmega, and will aloows allow you to outspeed Porygon-Z and Honchkrow.

This moveset is able to hit most Pokémon in OU hard (bar Cresselia and Cofagrigus), and with a Motor Drive boost you'll be outspeeding almost everything.

Should be RU, not OU

Also I've never used Evire in RU but I've seen him around on opposing teams a few times. Even in RU it seems like he tends to miss crucial KOs by just a tiny bit. I'm not exactly sold on his effectiveness.

His coverage is damn sexy though.

Wow, this is really sad. Electivire was outstanding in DP OU now he's in RU? Oh well, his role hasn't changed and he still covers a lot of types.

I've been using a meditate set lately and it has actually been working pretty well.

Expert belt

Jolly 252speed/252att/4hp

Meditate
wild charge
Cross chop
Earthquake

Catches a lot of people off guard and is a nice way to get off a late game sweep. Also it's good to know that it outspeeds Porygon Z and ties with Lens Yanmega.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Wow, this is really sad. Electivire was outstanding in DP OU now he's in RU? Oh well, his role hasn't changed and he still covers a lot of types.

Um, electivire was barely OU last gen, sure it had coverage but imo electivire was dead weight without a boost.

Maybe a special or mixed set could work. Electivire's Sp. Atk. isn't too bad, and it's special movepool is decent.

Electivire is pretty good, but it lacks the offensive presence of durant or the wall-breaking capacities of Gallade. It's a mid term threat, that often fails to do either tasks.

Unless you really know what you are doing, dont use him. There are better options in the current metagame. Hell, even magmortar is a better option, with the AWESOME fame moveset that contains FireBlast/Tbolt/Sub/FocusPunch.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Vire was never outstanding in DP OU...

It was THE OU Poke that made every OU player think "ah, this guy's a n00b"

How is he RU, this thing is a monster should be up atleast with UU.
Erhm, no this is not UU level. 5th gen UU is comparable in power to 4th gen OU so... no...

He's too frail to switch in to most attacks sadly...however, baiting an electric move could be crucial.

He was great for me in early RU, but I sat on the ladder between 1000 and 1050. From this perspective, he was great at sweeping (he should still be) and had/has one of the best move pools to punish switch ins. I ran life orb/wild charge but later changed that to expert belt/wild charge to increase its longevity (which still worked). I ran an unconventional set...one without earthquake and one without cross chop (that one shoulda been in there). I ran wild charge/rock slide/brick break/ice punch and boy did I use it well.

I haven't recently seen it (i recently recovered from a low of 924 ladder points before changing the name); even when I do, it ain't that big of a threat. If it takes out something, it's easily revenge killed.

Double01

Hate it or love it the under dog's on top
Up in the higher rankings (1150+) Electivire is basically non existent. He is out classed by numerous physical sweepers and needs a electric boost to be a viable sweeper. Many skilled players wouldnt just throw out electric moves either knowing the opponent has an electivire. I do believe however Electivire is very underrated and with the right amount of support and luring of electric moves Electivire can become one of the deadliest sweepers in ru. That being said you need to base a team around him

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)