Emulating DP

For me it is kinda slow but that's probably due to all the crap on my computer. This is really an awesome guide! Thanks a lot.

also monkfish my turtwig > chimchar

Malfunction

nice desu ne
I've got this, it works perfect.. I just need a .sav file, can anybody give me a copy of his? :P I want to try somethings, but I don't want to play the game all other again..

Oh and timw06, when walking on a route or when in a city the game runs at like 60%, but when in a battle or checking my inventory it suddenly goes up to 100%... is there any way to make it run at 100% all the time?

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
i keep getting a fatal error, microphone wave in failure :/

i searched the web and all i got was "update your drivers"

any solutions you know of, tim?

@gaudetjaja: The reason it runs at different percentages is because walking uses 3D rendering (which is currently not very well implemented) whereas battles etc. use 2D rendering similar to that on the GBA. I can't really reccomend much but some people seem to think that playing around with the "Emulation Speed" and "Video Output" settings make a difference. Closing other programs on your computer may also help!

@Aldaron: It seems to be a pretty random error that affects all games. Muting your microphone input in volume control is all I can suggest. Turning music off fixes the problem but that makes the game freeze at the end of every battle.

Got a couple of general questions about no$gba, thought I'd post em here...

1. what should I do in a game if none of the different save types let me save the game properly? I _can_ load the game when the save type is Flash 512, but the save fails with ANY setting.

2. Is it possible to make a .sav file, if I can't save properly? These worked on VBA, and the whole snapshot thing here seems to cause the game to crash.

@D Force: You are using the settings and the screenshot and the standard Start Button > Save option not no$gba's suspend button, aren't you?

If yes then the .sav files should be created in the BATTERY subdirectory.

@D Force: You are using the settings and the screenshot and the standard Start Button > Save option not no$gba's suspend button, aren't you?

If yes then the .sav files should be created in the BATTERY subdirectory.
Late-ish reply, but whatever.

The rom itself was just messed up. I tried another and I could save fine.

However, I'm having some 3D rendering problems - the nocash option on the options screen means there are usually a bunch of black pixels over any object thats 3d (in DP, the first you see when starting a new game would be your bed for example). It's not gamebreaking at all, just a litte irritating.

Switching 3D rendering to opengl usually slows the game down on larger maps. I'm guessing I should re-download the emulator, or is non-perfect 3d rendering expected?

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
In my experience, that has nothing to do with the ROM, but the rendering method itself. OpenGL is allows you to process graphics "correctly", but to put it simply, it requires more processing power. You'll find that it's a question of how much your computer is able to process at once rather than the "quality" of the ROM itself. That's when you're on a larger map, you experience lag - there's far more to process at once.

It seems that you need to decide whether displayed 3D objects "properly" is worth the extra lag. In your position, I'd prefer a playable frame rate - the default rendering doesn't ruin the quality of the game to a great extent. It's really just a minor aesthetics thing.

My mistake - by rom I mean the emulator (yeah, I should check what i write...) because im pretty sure I didnt have these problems previously

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Even so, I think you're under the impression that you didn't have these problems because OpenGL was the only rendering platform available on earlier versions of No$gba. If that's the case, your graphics would have always been displaying "correctly", but you would have been receiving the same frame drops in large areas, unless I'm mistaken.

The strange output you're receiving is essentially just the result of a faster 3D rendering engine. That speed has its pitfalls, as you've seen.. It basically comes down to whether you want the performance or "completeness", unless there's a workaround I'm unaware of.

Even so, I think you're under the impression that you didn't have these problems because OpenGL was the only rendering platform available on earlier versions of No$gba. If that's the case, your graphics would have always been displaying "correctly", but you would have been receiving the same frame drops in large areas, unless I'm mistaken.

The strange output you're receiving is essentially just the result of a faster 3D rendering engine. That speed has its pitfalls, as you've seen.. It basically comes down to whether you want the performance or "completeness", unless there's a workaround I'm unaware of.
Gotcha. I must have forgotten about the slowdown previously or something. Thanks anyway!

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I cannot get no$gba to read its own save files. It gets to the point where it shows the blue screen with your trainer information and everything on it (so it is actually reading the save file, at least part of it), but when I actually try to select it and resume playing my game, I get a black screen that never ends.

if any of you have an emulator could someone please do me a favor? Since Syberia and i are having trouble with loading saved files, the only way i can get to the name rater is by playing through. Could someone take a screen shot of talking to the name rater please. If anyone will please PM me for detail.

@Syberia: Are you using the latest no$gba and the correct settings?

Try loading this save file (Right Click > Save Target As - Firefox crashes if you just click it) into the game. You'll need to change the file type to Uncompressed (instructions in the guide). It also might be the case that you are using a dodgy ROM.

@Lexite:

Was that what you are after?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)