Endeavor Assault

Endeavor Assault
First Glance:

Now you're probably thinking:

"WTF!? 2 evolutions of Cleffa! 2 Lvl. 1s? Lvl. 2? This guy is mad!"

Well this team is surely a gimmick but I have won so many teams with this.

Inspiration

''Hey FEAR (Focus Sash, Endeavor, Quick Attack, Rattata) is so gay''

''But you'll never be able to switch in Rattata in the current metagame - Stealth Rocks, Toxic Spikes, Spikes and weather damage all harm you''

''Hey! Aren't there Pokemon immune to those effects and also learn Endeavor?"

"Magic Guard..."

Without further ado:

In Depth

Lvl 1. Swinub (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Snow Cloak
- Protect
- Endeavor
- Ice Shard
- Stealth Rock

Swinub is the 2nd best Endeavor user only beaten by Cleffa and its evolutions. This is because it is Ice/Ground making it immune to both Hail and Sandstorm. Snow Cloak also raises its evasion in Hail so it has a chance to kill more than one Pokemon. The strategy is to lead off and Protect if you predict Fake Out, or Endeavor if it's a non-ghost Pokemon and finish it off with Ice Shard next turn. If a ghost Pokemon appears you immediately switch to Weavile to counter it. Stealth Rock is filler.

Lvl 100. Abomasnow (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 Atk/6 SpA/252 Spd
Hasty nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Blizzard
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Focus Punch

Abomasnow starts off the battle with Hail. Speed is maxed to revenge kill after they foe is left at red HP from Endeavor. It really doesn't matter if this thing dies as soon as I bring it in, it would have already done its job. At first I wanted to use a Lvl.1 Snover since it also sets up Hail and suits the low level theme of the whole team, but then Abomasnow is more useful.

Lvl 1. Cleffa (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
- Endeavor
- Toxic
- Protect
- Encore

Cleffa is the first of the 3 Star Shape Pokemon. All 3 of them have Magic Guard and Cleffa is not an exception. Magic Guard blocks all indirect damage so this makes Cleffa and it's evolutions to be immune to damage from Sandstorm, Hail, Poison, Burn, Stealth Rock, Spikes, Toxic Spikes, etc. This is a huge advantage to other Endeavor users because no entry hazard can get rid of it's Focus Sash. Toxic is to take out those that are immune to Hail/Sandstorm to finish them when they are at 1 HP. Protect helps scout for Fake Out and Encore is useful against those that resist Hail/Sandstorm as well.

Lvl 2. Clefairy (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
- Toxic
- Endeavor
- Protect
- Healing Wish

CLEFFA EVOLVED!
Yes, Clefairy plays exactly the same as Cleffa however he is able to learn Healing Wish. This move is great if you want to get Abomasnow or Weavile back to full HP because it is the only Pokemon that can counter a threat to the whole team. Otherwise this set is the same.

Lvl 100. Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP/220 Def/36 Spd
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Heal Bell
- Trick Room
- U-Turn
- Psychic

Celebi sets up Trick Room that can make my Endeavor users attack first and also counters many threats to my team. If they fall asleep, Celebi can come in and Heal Bell to wake them up. Machamp is a threat because he can Dynamic Punch and confuse all my Endeavor users and OHKO Abomasnow and Weavile. Celebi can come in and threaten it with Psychic, or Trick Room on the switch. Jirachi is another major threat since Iron Head can OHKO Abomasnow and Weavile and also FlinchHax my Endeavor users. This Celebi is bulky enough to survive multiple Iron Heads and Trick Room. It can then U-Turn to one of my Endeavor users.

Lvl 100. Weavile (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 32 HP/252 Atk/224 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SpA)
- Pursuit
- Brick Break
- Ice Shard
- Night Slash

Weavile is the core of the team. Without Weavile, my team would lose to Ghost type Pokemon because Endeavor doesn't effect Ghost types. That being said, Weavile should be able to deal with all Ghost types with Pursuit/Night Slash Weavile also counters other threats to my team, mainly those that resist hail or change the weather. Clefable, Tyranitar, Mamoswine, Abomasnow, Weavile and other ice types are dealt with using Brick Break. Hippowdon can be dealt with Ice Shard. Weavile also acts as a revenge killer to those that are left with 1 HP from Endeavor but aren't dead yet either because there is no more Hail or they resist Hail. The EVs allow Weavile to outspeed other standard CB Weaviles.
This replaced Tyranitar which was much stronger with its CB Pursuit and was more easier to switch in but I decided to use Weavile because she is more versatile and counters more threats. Thinking of replacing Weavile with Absol for the stronger Superpower.

Potential Counter to Endeavor:
  • Ghost-types - Weavile OHKOs most with Pursuit.
  • Breloom (Sub. + Spore) - Weavile outspeeds and OHKO with Ice Punch, Celebi can unsleep the team and Psychic
  • Fake Out users - Protect when they show up.
  • Ninjask - Weavile Ice Shard has priority.
  • Jirachi+Togekiss (FlinchHax) - Celebi for Jirachi, Weavile for Togekiss
  • Machamp (Dynamic Punch) - Celebi with Psychic

Conclusion:
So there you have it!
A team that uses with Hail, Trick Room and the rest of the team are just Endeavor users - they Endeavor the foe, leaving them with 1 HP so that Hail finishes them off even if they have Leftovers because Hail is dealt before it.
Celebi can also set up Trick Room to allow the Endeavor uses to wreck even more havoc.
When a Ghost type Pokemon appears, Weavile comes in to counter them and the Endeavor assault continues.
I've had a lot of fun playing with this team because it's so fast-paced.
Overall, try this team out and impress your friends. They'll be so pissed when they lost to a team mostly consisting of Lvl.1s.

This was quite a nice read. Have you had much success with the team?

I'm a bit worried about your Fighting weakness...

Really any ghost owns this team, gengar with HP Fire and focus blast wins, and rotom with will o wisp crushes you. Also what do you do against something with leftovers? Such as skarmory.

panamaxis

how many seconds in eternity?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Really any ghost owns this team, gengar with HP Fire and focus blast wins, and rotom with will o wisp crushes you. Also what do you do against something with leftovers? Such as skarmory.
Weather activates before leftovers, so they will be KOed regardless after the endeavor.

This team is why I always try and carry a Ghost on my team.

Gengar is particular walks the whole team sadly, all you can do to 'counter' a Life Orb Version is try and Encore it with Cleffa. Sadly, a smart player will understand that you will switch to a counter or let Cleffa die so you can switch to a Scizor or TTar after doing that, so they will just switch out Gengar. Focus Blast OHKOes both Abomasnow and Tyranitar and HP Fire will also help.

Apart from that it is a strategy that will screw most people over. It's not too sporting to be honest, but thats okay if it works for you :)

There's really not much to say here but I will suggest giving Tyranitar more SpDef: 252 HP / 40 Attack / 216 Special Defense Careful nature. Everything else is well, part of the team, gl, you cheapass :P

In that case I should make my Tyranitar more bulky to beat Gengar.

How much EV/nature should I give my Tyranitar to be able to kill an average Gengar (min defense, 4 EV on HP)

In that case I should make my Tyranitar more bulky to beat Gengar.

How much EV/nature should I give my Tyranitar to be able to kill an average Gengar (min defense, 4 EV on HP)
252hp 216sp.def Careful
with a CB this will always kill gengar, obviously. It also has a low chance of being OHKOed by Focus Blast @LO from a Gengar but of course that has to hit first and with 70% accuracy you should have a good chance of winning this battle against a complete menace to this team.

You also need to be careful of Rotom-A's that will o wisp as TTAR switches in looking for a snack, they will laugh at Tyranitar if they manage to burn him. Perhaps change TTar to Scarf to outspeed dangerous ghosts and surprise them although you wont be able to pursuit them.

I also suggest you fix up your description otherwise this may be locked under rule 3. You need to have detailed descriptions at least 4 lines i would say. Look at the accepted RMTs if you need a guideline on this.

Good luck.

Decided to stay up and edit my post. Added strategies for each Pokemon and also a conclusion for the overall team.

I posted a team like this a bit ago, and everyone was like "wont work", "walled by ghosts". But its not if you take caution and scout for them to begin with.
- Trick room is risky and even more gimmiky, but it also makes each eandeavorer be able to kill 2 pokes instead of just one. Its VERY effencient this way, and you can sweep and entire team with just three FEAR variants. You may consider it.
I used weaville as my revenge killer for ghosts for a couple reasons. There is so much junk immune to sandstorm in OU its not that helpful And if your opponent is immune to the weather and has leaftovers then you have to weaville( or tyranitar for the kill) and weaville is much faster than tyranitar and can get the jump on them before they can hit you.
-Kanghaskhan(or however you spell it) deserves some mention, and since I have experience with this type of team Ill mention him. His scrappy ability lets you even hit ghosts which is VERY helpful, though its not going to surprise players with brain cells. I would suggest a rapid spinner, but only swinub needs to worry about entry hazards, so its not really necessary. I have a UU version and a OU version and I list some of the problems I noticed running the team... I can P.M. it if you want.
One last thing, you'll notice people remember this team when you play them online and they will say "I read about this team its neat" and then they will try to play around your strategy, sometimes there teams is able to pull it out for them, but generally either there teams can counter it and win, or they cannot, and little to nothing can save them.

Be careful with the much adored 252 HP, 216 SpD Careful spread on Tyranitar, as although it can't be KOed by Focus Blast on it's own, with Stealth Rock on the field it still has a decent chance to be KOed.

gl, you cheapass :P
Sadly I have to agree, yet you seem so nice and innocent about it, so ahh well, battling you would be a bit of fun :)
The last person I saw that ran an endeavor team made fun of all his opponents without a Gengar lol, that sucked. XD

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Clefairy doesn't learn Healing Wish until L47. Try Encore in that slot instead for Substitute users who try to stall out your Endeavor PP.

Other than that, the sets are fine.

But the baby Clefairy gets Healing Wish if the breeding parents have it don't they? Encore is a good idea though, better two Encore-ers and one Healing Wisher rather than the opposite.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Healing Wish isn't on Cleffa's level-up list, so you can't breed two Clefairy with Healing Wish and get a Cleffa with Healing Wish.

I'm going to recommend removing Swinub. He doesn't add much to the team, and you really need a third non-Endeavor pokemon to cover your weaknesses.

Right now there are a few specific pokemon that will really trouble you. Rotom-A, Gengar, Weavile, Mamoswine (especially Mamoswine), and even opposing Tyranitar threaten your strategy at all time, and that's just a few of them.

I think you would be better off replacing Swinub for something such as Scizor. It is more reliable priority for your team and is a big threat to Weavile, Mamoswine, and Tyranitar. Gengar doesn't really like Scizor's presence either. Of course, Rotom-A is still tough to beat is it has Will-o-wisp, and I really don't know what to suggest there.

I'm going to recommend removing Swinub. He doesn't add much to the team, and you really need a third non-Endeavor pokemon to cover your weaknesses.

Right now there are a few specific pokemon that will really trouble you. Rotom-A, Gengar, Weavile, Mamoswine (especially Mamoswine), and even opposing Tyranitar threaten your strategy at all time, and that's just a few of them.

I think you would be better off replacing Swinub for something such as Scizor. It is more reliable priority for your team and is a big threat to Weavile, Mamoswine, and Tyranitar. Gengar doesn't really like Scizor's presence either. Of course, Rotom-A is still tough to beat is it has Will-o-wisp, and I really don't know what to suggest there.
*cough* take out tyranitar and swinub and put in weavile and some other thing like kanghas or a trick roomer *cough*

locopoke

Banned deucer.
I agree that Swinub needs to go. It doesn't add much to the team, and it isn't nearly as effective as the Clef's because he takes damage from Spikes, SR and Status. Add in a Pokemon to help with your Fighting weakness I guess.

You could change clefable to a functioning member specifically used to take care of Rotom.

or run a Special Scarftar that shrugs off rotoms attacks and doesnt care about Wisps.

I like the concept.

But with omnipresent stealth rock, Many leads will walk through you.

I think maybe you should change swinub to something else. Something that stops infernape, and other fighting pokemon from raping you.

Leadape 6-0s you. Sets up stealth rock. Then close combats you to extinction.

I admit it would be fun to battle you though.

I think a Rotom form could help you out here. It stops, LeadApe, Scizor, and LeadGross from just raping you.

well lead ape would Fake out then SR letting him sub and FP.

But besides that if it takes out Abama one of the clefs comes in SR doesnt hurt focus sash lets them survive Endeavor snow kills.

I replaced Tyranitar with Weavile. Tyranitar boasted a more damaging Pursuit and easier to switch in but I think Weavile is more versatile and can counter more threats to the team.

Currently I'm thinking of removing Weavile for Scarf Absol. Scarf Absol with max attack should outspeed all ghost types (except those holding a scarf) and kill them with Night Slash or Pursuit if you predict a switch. The only Pokemons that resist Hail or negate it are Weavile, Abomasnow, Tyranitar, Mamoswine, Froslass and other Ice types. All of the above are OHKO by Superpower and Froslass dies to Night Slash/Pursuit. Hippowdon can be a problem though but Abomasnow should come in and bring the hail back. Most teams lead with Hippowdon so it should help you remember to keep Abomasnow alive just incase it shows up.

But wouldn't Weavile be better? CB Jolly Weavile has Ice STAB to beat Hippowdon, resists hail and higher stats. So why choose Absol over Weavile? Because Absol has Superpower which is much stronger than Brick Break. I haven't done calculations yet but I think Superpower would do more damage than Brick Break.

I replaced Tyranitar with Weavile. Tyranitar boasted a more damaging Pursuit and easier to switch in but I think Weavile is more versatile and can counter more threats to the team.

Currently I'm thinking of removing Weavile for Scarf Absol. Scarf Absol with max attack should outspeed all ghost types (except those holding a scarf) and kill them with Night Slash or Pursuit if you predict a switch. The only Pokemons that resist Hail or negate it are Weavile, Abomasnow, Tyranitar, Mamoswine, Froslass and other Ice types. All of the above are OHKO by Superpower and Froslass dies to Night Slash/Pursuit. Hippowdon can be a problem though but Abomasnow should come in and bring the hail back. Most teams lead with Hippowdon so it should help you remember to keep Abomasnow alive just incase it shows up.

But wouldn't Weavile be better? CB Jolly Weavile has Ice STAB to beat Hippowdon, resists hail and higher stats. So why choose Absol over Weavile? Because Absol has Superpower which is much stronger than Brick Break. I haven't done calculations yet but I think Superpower would do more damage than Brick Break.
Weavile is amazing, but absol can do the job as well. Either work, but weavile gets an immunty to hail (but a weakness to stealth rock).
Absol can get more hax ko's, but weavile has a band, and as such, a stronger pursuit and night slash. Since their is only a handful of actual threats to a team like this, all the countersare handled fairly well by either poke.

Also, Infernape is lol to this team, and over half of his team is at level 2 or 1, weaknesses and resists aren't really a major priority needing to be looked at when you think about it ... If you arent immune to hail or cannot create a sandtorm or arent a ghost, then you are not going to be a major threat to this team, and if you are a ghost he can merely pitch fodder and then revenge kill with weavile/ absol. It runs like clockwork against an opponent who doesnt see it coming or is ill prepared.

I ran Claydol for trick room, and he does okay at it, but I used him because he could rapid spin as well and I didnt run as many clefairy forms. A trick roomer with explode (lunatone, solrock, claydol, etc.) can all help you take out an opponents poke and nearly guarantee four more turns of terror. I would say for your purposes (countering jirachi's flinch hax and the like) Bronzong with EQ and healthy defense investment. Relaxed nature should do the trick and will help when in trick room. He could help you alot in that it explodes, trick rooms, beats jirachi with EQ, and can carry zen headbutt to hit machamp (which wont miss) or hypnosis for a more generally supportive option. Since you mentioned wanting to replace swinub and wanting to deal with jirachi...
Something like
Bronzong @ leftovers
Relaxed
252 Hp/ 178 Atk./ 80 Def. OR
252 Hp/ 128 Atk./ 128 Def.
EQ
Trick Room
Explosion
Hypnosis/ Rest/ Zen Headbutt

The first ev. spread does a min. of 49 and max of 57 percent to standard scarf jirachi with eq (basically a guranteed 2 hit KO since you will have hail), and takes a max of 16 percent from iron head. Simply trick room and EQ twice for the KO. Of course you can play around with the ev's as to avoid being so specifically dedicated to dealing with one poke, but you mentioned jirachi. However this bronzong is less bulky than the other spread and can take over 50 percent from a machamp dynamic punch.

The other spread allows the bronzong to have less of a chance of a 2 hit KO from dynamic punch (a bit better) from a standard rest/talk machamp and still do 57-67 percent with zen headbutt( if you use it). EQ will only 2 hit ko jirachi about half of the time, but you only take about 13 percent from iron head. Either spread is usuable as the first is a better jirachi killer and has a stronger explosion, while the second is just generally more bulky and less specialized, though you could use the specialization.

Either way I dont reccomend zen headbutt as jirachi is more common than machamp, and hypnosis has the potential to help the team more. Either ev spread is usuable to help deal with jirachi, though, the first seems to help more in that regard. Hypnosis can still take Jirachi out of the match, but I would not want to tempt lady luck trying to not flinch AND hit with hypnosis. Please feel free to experiment with spreads and see what works for you if neither is bulky enough for your tastes.

Heres a favor from me to you... You are running a standard spread on weavile. This means you speed tie with other standard weavile, not good. Put 8 more ev's from Hp into Speed instead of just 4(beat others trying to do the same thing and you have an odd numbered HP for stelath rock damage). That way you always get brick break in first on opposing weavile. Losing weavile to a speed tie and not killing their ghost if they have one is basically game for you and this way you can almost never have that problem. So, whos your buddy?

Would Slowbro be an good replacement for Swinub? First off it can set up Trick Room for all my Endeavorers.

It also counters Machamp and Jirachi. I'm thinking of: Trick Room / Fire Blast / Psychic / Surf

The thing that makes this better than Bronzong is that it is also a good switch in to Fighting/Fire moves that neither Abomasnow/Weavile can switch in to.

I think Tentacruel is probably your best bet for Swinubs spot. It counters most Fire and fighting types without having to resort to endeavoring with one of the clef's. If the opponent is poisoned by his Toxic Spikes, even Ice types can be KO'd by the endeavorers.

Also, I looked at the team at a glance and lol'd at "More Bars In More Places" outside of Abomasnow.

I tryed this team with bronzong in place of swinub, and adding encore to clefairy. And all I can say is that now it works a lot better. I have a Bronzong with the standard Trick Room set, somethiong like this:

Bronzong @ Lum Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/152 Atk/8 Def/96 SDef
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Trick Room
- Explosion
- Gyro Ball
- Hypnosis

Lum berry in place of leftovers because all this poke is really doing is a Trick Room + Explosion thing. Gyro ball and Hypnosis can be substituted with anything, becouse they're mainly fillers.
If this strategy works at perfection, you can then send a clefa (endeavor user), and use 3 turns of trick room, that means that you will outspeed everything, even negative nature in speed shuckle, so that only priority can harm you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)