Entei Testing (2507+) Want Suggestions

Pretty much entei got sacred fire i wanted to use him. This is my first RMT so bear with me.

this team was used on acc's: aayuu, and vayuu, you can go /rank if you wish

my alt aayuu currently sits at 2507 at 22-7

for the latter, my conversation acc had 1-3 starting shinenegans from fooling around but remains at 53-10, however the deviation was long gone so it remains at just under 2k.

So lets get Started. This team requires 2-3 correct double switches to function most of the time.

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 216 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

Entei is weak to rocks. I want a defogger that isn't weak to rocks, megazor also looks badass. In addition, scizor is also my knock off tank. While its not as reliable as in pt days, bullet punch is a necessity. U-turn is obvious for momentum as well as the main stab. It also makes roosting a questionable decision for mandibuzz. Ev's are optimized for sponging special hits while packing enough of punch on bp.

Entei @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 52 Def / 200 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Bulldoze
- Stone Edge
- Sacred Fire

While i would love to say entei is the star of the show his involvement fluctuates wildly. Not getting burns at some points can literally cost you games. I am still supremely disappointed that this great being that can make volcanoes erupt in his presence cannot learn earthquake but that beside the point. Bulldoze can ohko heatran, that's that. Some games depend on making this prediction correctly. Sometimes it depends toooo much on this one aspect. Sacred Fire is obviously the crux of this set, switching in things like gliscor is a 50/50 wager thta ppl don't want to take. In fairness nothing really wants to take a burn. Extreme speed is for clean up, but it is dangerous to lock into it early.Stone edge rounds off coverage. God damn it learn earthquake...

EV's to outspeed 80+, but can be adjusted to outspeed 85+ ( unmega'd pinsir). Rest in bulk to take hits.

Thundurus (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave

Without the rain, he is no longer the menace he use to be but prankster and taunt are a great utility. Shutting down many leads. Depending on how good you think your opponent is predict the magic coat and just attack.Thunderbolt/hp for the good old coverage since forever. Thunder wave is a failsafe against sweepers that have set up that i need to slow down. However i am i wishing i have focus blast in more and more situations. 0 att ivs for foul play. It cannot ohko a megazard-y onfortunately :(

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 28 Spd
- Pain Split
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp

The most standard and overused mon in XY, Not much to say. I'm sure all of you know the implications of each move. I usually go for chesto resto but this team is slightly more megapinsir weak, so i need to live one +2 return, and a burned +2 return before pain splitting. 28 spd ivs to outslow other rotoms. 0 attack foul play.

Garchomp @ Yache Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Blast

Sets up rocks, hits for 4x with fire blast. decent speed. Thats the gist of it. Part of the x-> chomp-> aegis switches against opposing thundurus to gain momentum. Screws over mega-menctric, though eq only does like 98% i swear after a intimidate. Can bluff a scarf to surprise ferrothorns,forretress etc. Some times i wish it has lum berry. I also wish i had outrage as well sometimes.

Aegislash @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword
- King's Shield

Shadow ball nuker pivot. Please never use a sd aegis, it hurts me so much see it flounder and fail. The standard aegis set. Your choice of LO, lefties or spooky plate. 4 sdef to force genesect to gain the att boost instead. Amazing typing and defenese sponges hit very well, use this to your advantage to nuke shadow balls. If there is a mandibuzz, try to get it trapped in a megazor,rotom volturn loop. Or double switch to thundurus. Lastly it is my megaluc check/partial counter.

Thanks for reading, will now outline my current issues other than getting good opportunities to remove hazards:

Major headaches include:

AV Conk

Sacred fire works against me by activating guts. NO SE hits on this team

Greninja

Only rotom is a water resist and will get 2kho'd my dark pulse. No dark resists either

Kyurem B

Can sub up on rotom and thundurus. Must rely on megazor to deal with. But he already has quite the burden

Jolly BD Azumarill

Again, i have only 1 water resist, so if i get hit by a +6 play rough on rotom i pretty much lose without some miraculous mind-games with aegislash or sacrificing everything to out priority.

Bisharp:

Again, no dark resists, can come in on defog. Scizor can take a hit but can only u-turn out dealing aobut half. Chomp can take +2 sucker but only barely.

Excadrill

The only thing that outspeeds and can kill is chomp. Balloon sd, mold breaker , can sweep through if balloon is intact for chomp. Resists 2/3 priority moves on this team.
I should ev chomp to always survive a +2 eq

Specially defensive rotom.

Seeing more of these nowadays, very annoying to deal with since i have no good way of damaging it.

Aegislash, while entei and chomp and kill it easily, with stabs that aren't effected by kings shield, i have little to sponge a shadow ball outside of scizor.

Vene/tran cores:

Combine this with conk and buzz, and my team is pretty hard countered. Several predictions must be made correctly in a row to deal with it. One wrong one and i'm pretty much fucked

In addition, its difficult to defog when tran is the rocker.

Charizard-x

If the opponent opens charizard, you would assume char-y as the anti leads, so it really fucks me over from the start. Nothing really can take a hit from this thing, can only t-wave and revenge.

I have yet to face a major stall team yet, but i would assume it would fare rather badly against a venetran stall core.

Again, thanks for reading, i look forward to serious suggestions.

For those who want to port:

http://pastebin.com/dmqibgv9

Last edited:

Knight of Cydonia

I COULD BE BANNED!
Hi there. You can run 44 spe evs on rotom-w to outspeed all azumarill and get the burn/wow. This doesn't sacrifice much bulk and can definitely pay off occasionaly.

Life Orb Swords Dance Garchomp would help you a lot against stall which your team struggles with due to having no boosting sweepers and not that much power. Of course you then really have to transfer Stealth Rock to something else which is difficult to do given the current format of your team.
You could also change your m evo from scizor to garchomp to somewhat improve the match up against stall.

Srn

Water (Spirytus - 96%)
is an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion
I remember seeing this team on the ladder when I was watching one of my friends play, he was the guy with both specs rotom-w and specs goodra on the same team :D Either way, let's try to rate this team, yeah?

First off, I wanna applaud you for using sacred fire entei. He's a really cool mon who's ridiculously good in RU and its nice to see him used properly in OU. So, I have no idea what this team is exactly trying to do. You have no real set-up mons, so all I can safely assume what you want to do is sweep with banded entei, which looks really, really tough to do on paper.

So as for the scizor, I don't think the mega is really necessary. Sure, the mega gives him some extra bulk and stuff, but this team has no solid and almighty wall breaker, and mega scizor isn't doing much more than a regular scizor would. That's why I would recommend you go back to normal scizor.
Its honestly just a waste of a mega slot on this team. You're not setting up with it or anything, and this team could definitely use a mega.

The garchomp here is a fine mega candidate. The yache can protect you against opposing thundurus but I honestly don't see that as too much of an issue. Meanwhile, a nice mega garchomp provides you with a powerful wall breaker to pave the way for entei to just extremespeed everything else. Or something like that. What you could do, to help you against stall, is run a nice mixed mega garchomp. This guy is really strong, even without sand, though sand is obviously preferred. A lot of stall teams I have seen don't have too much for mixed mega garchomp and his super powerful earthquakes can blow aside even venetran cores.

Other than that, there's not much to improve on this team. It's a really well-made team (though it probably falls to my anti-rotom-w tactics) and its no surprise you're that high on the ladder. I hope my suggestions helped, good luck!

BUG (Scizor) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 12 Atk / 244 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

(+12 allows for bp to always 2HKO gengar, 252/244 lets you survive most 2 hits.)

Garchomp @ Garchompite
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 Atk / 60 SAtk / 196 Spd
Naughty Nature
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Draco Meteor
- Stone Edge

I remember seeing this team on the ladder when I was watching one of my friends play, he was the guy with both specs rotom-w and specs goodra on the same team :D Either way, let's try to rate this team, yeah?

First off, I wanna applaud you for using sacred fire entei. He's a really cool mon who's ridiculously good in RU and its nice to see him used properly in OU. So, I have no idea what this team is exactly trying to do. You have no real set-up mons, so all I can safely assume what you want to do is sweep with banded entei, which looks really, really tough to do on paper.

So as for the scizor, I don't think the mega is really necessary. Sure, the mega gives him some extra bulk and stuff, but this team has no solid and almighty wall breaker, and mega scizor isn't doing much more than a regular scizor would. That's why I would recommend you go back to normal scizor.
Its honestly just a waste of a mega slot on this team. You're not setting up with it or anything, and this team could definitely use a mega.

The garchomp here is a fine mega candidate. The yache can protect you against opposing thundurus but I honestly don't see that as too much of an issue. Meanwhile, a nice mega garchomp provides you with a powerful wall breaker to pave the way for entei to just extremespeed everything else. Or something like that. What you could do, to help you against stall, is run a nice mixed mega garchomp. This guy is really strong, even without sand, though sand is obviously preferred. A lot of stall teams I have seen don't have too much for mixed mega garchomp and his super powerful earthquakes can blow aside even venetran cores.

Other than that, there's not much to improve on this team. It's a really well-made team (though it probably falls to my anti-rotom-w tactics) and its no surprise you're that high on the ladder. I hope my suggestions helped, good luck!

BUG (Scizor) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 12 Atk / 244 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

(+12 allows for bp to always 2HKO gengar, 252/244 lets you survive most 2 hits.)

Garchomp @ Garchompite
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 Atk / 60 SAtk / 196 Spd
Naughty Nature
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Draco Meteor
- Stone Edge

The Megaswap seems like a good idea, though something still has to set up rocks though its its not the biggest priority for this team. To be fair, you could replace entei with a spec keldeo or something and the team would likely achieve the same results. While the novelty is nice, it needs a band to function (maybe av but thats pushing it). It may be high UU, or fringe ou when all is said and done

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)