ORAS OU Enter: The Void

Hello Members of Smogon, here is my newest RMT, featuring Sableye himself. I appreciate constructive criticism, and thank you for taking your time to read this. Haven't peaked since the ladder reset.

Music by NIRVANA, Sessions: 1981-1983

Sableye (F) @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 116 Def / 144 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Foul Play
The star of my team is Sableye, the mega that ruins life in general, it is very important to know exactly when to mega evolve as I have very few status sponges and no clerics. Knock Off removes items that make the job of others harder, Will-O-Wisp burns common physical threats, halving their attack stat, and Foul Play is for Talonflame, and X-Zard and allows Sableye to break past Substitutes. Recovery is self explanatory.

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 192 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Toxic
- Taunt
Sableye is inherently weak to fairy types so I added this Steel Tank, which serves as my hard counter to Clefable. This beast is capable of breaking most opposing stall teams with a somewhat fast taunt, it can trap and dispose of most threats to Sableye, Even ground types fear switching in fearing a Toxic, with the exception of Gliscor. Finally since I lack a cleric, it blocks Toxic and Burns.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- Defog
Since the key to properly playing a Sableye is knowing when to Mega evolve, meet my early-game Defogger. Zapdos is capable of paralyzing opponents with Discharge's 30% status rate. Heat Wave gives it coverage to take out grass types and some steel types, especially Bisharp, who can be a nuisance to this team. Be careful when using Roost, as losing a ground immunity can result in SE damage hitting you. Blocks Paralysis which is nice.

Slowking (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 184 Def / 76 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

This used to be the split defense Slowking, which I used for Metagross, but it became AV when I needed to counter Charizard-Y, with the Assault Vest it can eat Solar Beams and retaliate with Psyshock. Dragon Tail lets me phase set-up sweepers (outside of the fairy type), and Fire Blast smacks steels Ferrothorn and Scizor hard.

Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Def / 68 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell
- Moonlight
- Calm Mind

As my team had no offensive presence at the time, so became my win condition with the standard Calm Mind set. Magic Guard allows it to set up without fearing Leech Seed, Burns, Poison. It also can pivot, without being worn down by entry hazards. Moonblast is STAB that no Clefable should lack and Flamethrower is coverage hitting common steel types.

Ferrothorn (M) @ Shed Shell
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock

Like all teams, mine required entry hazards of my own, as not everyone fall for magic bounce. I had originally put Landorus-T here, but was overly weak to fairies. To remedy this problem I added Ferrothorn to set Stealth Rocks, I felt Spikes were unnecessary as I have a defogger, anyhow Gyro Ball OHKOs Gardevoir and Diancie, and deals heavy damage to any other fairies without fire moves. Power Whip hits water types such as Keldeo and Mega Gyarados who fear little from Gyro Ball. Leech Seed provides passive recovery, which is the only way for it to get recovery. Shed Shell lets it avoid Magnazone and Gothitele as they trap Ferrothorn most of the time. Ferrothorn blocks Toxic, and punishes physical attackers.

Sableye (F) @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 116 Def / 144 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Foul Play

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Toxic
- Taunt

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- Defog

Slowking (M) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 184 Def / 76 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Def / 68 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind

Ferrothorn (M) @ Shed Shell
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock

Last edited:
Thanks for unlocking Celticpride, is it good?
Hello, this is a very well built Defensive Team in my opinion. Also, If the mod unlocked the thread, then it is good.
Here are a few things that I would like to Point out to you

-Rocky Helmet>Shed Shell On ferrathorn, ferrathorn is meant to wear down powerful physical attackers and with Iron Barbs and Rocky Helmet you are taking up to 25% of their health every turn.
-Unaware Wall Clefable>Magic Guard Clefable, In this case 4 of your pokemon are mostly physical walls and if heatran gets knocked out by and 4 times ground attacks your team is very weak to Special sweepers such as Mega Gardevoir and Volcarona, So Unaware Clefable could scare the opponent from setting up. Unaware also provides the team a clerk just incase some pokemon get burned/poisoned which is probably the worst thing that could happen on a bulky team

Clefable

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect

Thats really All I can say about this team, its a little unique from the traditional Mega Sableye/Chansey core but looks like it can still function very well, I wish you good luck and let me know if you have any questions :)

for the zard x problem i reccomend SLOWBRO>SLOWKING, that allows you to tank dclaw/flare blitz and than go straight with thunder wave to stop it
than for his twin you can try STONE EDGE>EARTH POWER on heatran, allowing him to sponge his fire blast/solar beam and than retaliate pretty easily with sedge
sets:
Slowbro @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off

Heatran @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stone Edge
- Toxic
- Taunt

hope i helped :)

Hey sablenite nice team! Even though this is a stall team i think that it's too passive to work in this metagame having only One win condition in clefable. For this reason i suggest you tu put SD SpDef Gliscor > Heatran. Gliscor is a hard counter for clefable since it cant be crippled by twave unlike Heatran. It is also a reliable win condition against bulky team and provide another ground immunity which is always useful and a second (soft) check to bisharp as it can resist +2 sucker punch and make great damage with eq. It works also as a great status absorber since you lack of a heal beller. Speed evs allow you to outspeed jolly bisharp while 8 defense evs avoid the ohko from +2 adamant lo bisharp. Gliscor also gives you an electric immunity, very useful to stop specs magnezone that looks problematic for your team. Then you are very weak to strong special statupper like nasty plot 3 attacks thundurus and tail glow manaphy. My answer to this threats is changing your clefable in an unaware calm mind set, which covers your weakness still being a solid win condition.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 8 Def / 108 SpD / 148 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Knock Off/Facade
- Roost

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Def / 100 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Wish
- Protect

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)