Entry Hazard Highway

This is the first team i've posted and the first team i've made for competive play. So anything you have to offer could be appericated.

Team At First Glance:

In-Depth
:

*Any Changes will be made in this color*

Gliscor

@ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
Nature: Jolly (+SPD, -SPATK)
EV's: 252 HP/ 252 SPD/ 6 ATK
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Earthquake

Summary: This is my Lead, I have him maxed speed for the taunt, i was running the smogon set but to many stealth rocks/Taunts/Screens got off. So i went for max speed and have noticed alot more of my Taunts messing up the enemy lead. I have Stealth Rocks for Entry damage, usally get it off after the taunt when they switch. Roost to heal through some damage or heal on a switch. Earthquake for Fire/Electric and just to do some damage after i have the taunt/SR up.

Thoughts:
Pros: He is great for switching into on thunderbolt and such. He is also good i've notice for taunting on leech seeds. He out speeds alot of other pokes. Also great at stalling.
Cons: Only problem i've had with this lead is faster Aerodactyl and Crobat's taunting me. Also had problems with miss predicting and getting hit in the face with an ice move and losing my Lead. Using roost on a grass poke and getting almost 1HKO.

Infernape

@ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
Nature: Timid (+SPD, -ATK)
EV's 252 SPD/ 252 SPATK/ 6 HP
- Flamethrower
- Focus Blast
- Grass Knot
- Nasty Plot

Summary: This is my Special sweeper Nape. Flamethrower for steel/grass/ice pokes or just for damage. Focus Blast those blisseys/other normal pokes. Grass Knot for any water pokes that happen to switch in on me and try to take me down. and of course nasty plot for more damage. I usally switch him in if i think a fire attack i coming or will-o-wisp. I get nasty plots up if i take i can take a hit, or i see a switch coming. I tried this set over the pyschial on and it works ALOT better. Thanks Jamesb8.

Thoughts:
Pros:
So far he is good for switch in on will-o-wisp or other fire mores, or in on a grass poke, getting 1 nasty plot and sweeping things and amazing at breaking down blissey.
Cons: I'm not a big fan of my focus blast missing, i was thinking wide lens, but then i didn't want to lose to much damage, also he is very weak so i have to be careful with him.

Rotom-h

@ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Timid
EV's: 252 HP/ 168 SPD/ 90 DEF
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Reflect
- Will-o-wisp

Summary: The is my Spin Blocker/Thunderbolter. I usally switched this in on fighting moves or other moves i can avoid or take, get my reflect up and will-o-wisp if needed. Or sweep if i think i can 1HKO a poke or do nice damage with Thunderbolt. I have Thunderbolt for Water pokes. Overheat to back up my Nape. Reflect to help my team/ Will-owisp to wear down walls/on psychical sweepers.

Thoughts:
Pros:
Keeping my entry hazards down with this guy is alot easier, i usally switch him in on a fighting move or rapid spin. He does really nice damage with his Thunderbolt and Overheat, i say overheat cause of the drop in SPATK.
Cons: Not sure if i need Will-o-wisp and reflect, thinking about dropping Will-o for something else not sure what though. As bulky as he is i feel like he can get hurt pretty bad still.

Notes: To Flinch Grace + Jamesb8 for this, it has saved many turns i used to set up.

Weavile

@ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Jolly (+SPD, -SPATK)
EV's: 252 HP/ 218 SPD/ 40 HP
- Ice Punch
- Pursuit
- Brick Break
- Aerial Ace

Summary: This is my revenge killer. Haven't seen much if anything out speed him and he is great for killing flying leads/Mance/Dragonite/Grass walls with ice punch. Pursuit is great if the switch that starmie out think it's safe and it's great for finish off most weak pokes. Brick Break has sweep so many Hail teams it's not funny, it's great for ice pokes and some normal, but the normal pokes usally are taken care of by my Nape. Aerial Ace is for type coverage, but i don't really use it.

Thoughts:
Pros:
I love this guy, his ice punch does ALOT of damage to pokes the rest of my team doesn't want to deal with, he's great for coming in if both pokes die, or just to revenge kill.
Cons: Aerial Ace really does nothing, and pursuit is weak if they don't switch, so i was thinking of replacing i with night slash for damage. Also wasn't sure if i should have Brick break or something else. Over than that without entry hazards to weaken the enemy he sometimes doesn't finish them off. And he is weak himself to entry hazards.

Notes: I tried the Choice Band with maxed speed and i notice other things out speeding me so i went back to choice scarf.

Skarmory

@ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
Nature: Impish (+DEF, - SPATK)
EV's: 252 HP/204 DEF/ 54 SPDEF
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Spikes
- Whirlwind

Summary: This is my Psychical wall and spiker. He is great at taking ice punches and other psychicial attacks aimed at my other pokes, i have some EV's in SPDEF just incase, i usally come in after stealth rocks if i think other poke has an ice attack, other than that i just wait for the time to lay down my spikes. I have Brave bird for damage after i have spikes down and i'm walling, also great for grass pokes. I have roost so i take even less damage and to heal it. Spikes for entry damage, i usally set these over the course of the game, sometimes i get them all in 1 go with the help of WW/Roost, but i usally only set them at full health or if i know i can take some hits. Whirlwind for weakening the other team, or getting pokes who try to set up on me off the field.

Thoughts:
Pros:
Great wall and not much hurts him, cept fire and eletric, most everything else i can wall atleast till i WW it away. Spikes help me slowly kill the other team, and WW goes great with it, WW has also stopped alot of Dragon Dancers/Curses/ect.
Cons: Only problem i have is if i switch in a bad time and can't roost due to slowness, but i guess that is on me, other than that fire is really all that bothers me, i just switch in my Gliscor on thunderbolt.

Tentacruel

@ Leftovers
Ability: Liquid ooze
Nature: Calm (+SPDEF, -ATK)
EV's: 252 HP, 252 SPDEF, 6 DEF
- Toxic Spikes
- Sludge Bomb
- Surf
- Rapid Spin

Summary: This is my SP Wall, toxic spiker, and rapid spinner. This guy can clear the way for my weavile and set up toxic spikes. He makes a great wall and great at taking out subs. Toxic Spikes cause i have no toxic on my team and to wear down the other, goes great with Roar and WW. Sludge bomb is good STAB move that does nice damage to most pokes, and destroys grass pokes. Surf is a nice STAB too, good for fire pokes and just taking out sub's and slowly wearing down the other poke. Rapid Spin to clear the way for my weavile and now zapdos.

Thoughts:
Pros:
Decent SP wall, does really nice damage and destroys grass pokes. Toxic spikes are amazing even just on layer will help wear down the other teams. Also good for coming in on surf or spinning off SR/Spikes.
Cons: Thunderbolt and no way to get health back, i usally die setting down my second set of spikes.

Ok so that was my team, i like it mostly, just a few pokes feel to weak, and my SP wall usally dies setting spikes. I have faced other spike/stall teams and haven't lost one battle. I think i just need help with move sets/EV's mabye some poke switches but so far i like the team, just need to change a few things.

Also my Start is to try and get up entry hazards and stall till then if needed, sometimes i don't do that and jsut have to get out my broom and end the match that way. If there is anything i did wrong/missed please tell me cause like i said this is my first time on RMT or making a team.

I don't see the point of giving Weavile a choice scarf. Weavile is quite weak offensively without a +Atk Nature or a Choice Band and it already outruns most of the metagame already. I advise changing Choice Scarf to a Choice Band to add that power you want it to have.

At first glance, I don't see Zapdos helping with your team AT ALL. Since Tentacruel is a much relied on poké to spin away hazards and set up your own, I think you should add a Poké with wish to aid him, and the rest of your team.

Blissey or Vaporeon are reliable wish passers, and since your team is already weak to electric I think the standard WishBliss would help your team alot in place of Zapdos.

Hope I helped =].

I would just like to make a really quick post on a few little issues. I agree with Salad and y think that dropping zapdos would be a good idea but I personaly think it should be replaced by a bulkt rotom as they can beat scarf-tars (which a lot of teams rely on to kill rotom) with will-o-wisp and block rapid spin which is very important because if you play this team right I can easily see you getting 6 turns of entry layers down and to have that all destroyed in a turn would suck.
Also it's no wonder that your Infernape's grass knot isn't doing much damage as you have no speacial attack ev's and a negative nature. I think the choice band set fits with what you already have and is pretty powerful. I personaly prefer the nastyplot set as once it gets a nasty plot it is almost unstopable I had huge problems in my last RMT with it. One last thing I would allways give Infernape a positive speed nature as he is so frail speed and OHKO's ar all that keep him alive. He can seriously be onehited by a lucario unboosted xtremespeed.
yeah i hoped this helped and didn't completely suck.
Sorry for spelling misakes lol.

flinch grace beat me to the rapid spinner

Ok so i have been using Rotom-H as my Spin blocker, and it's been great also use him to take earthquake/fighting moves. And i also redid my Nape and it does alot more damage, althought focus blast misses suck.

Are you going to consider removing Choice Scarf on Weavile? It really doesn't help him as he has good enough speed already and beats DD Mence / Scarf Latias with Ice Shard. Choice Band gives Weavile a lot more power which it needs to OHKO things such as Dragonite and Bulky Rotom-H.

If you really don't like Focus blast missing so much, I would change ape to the specially based nasty plot variety. CC doesn't miss, and does massive damage when you want to stall break. I see the merit of pure spatk, but with a nasty plot, your spatk will go through the roof either way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)