Et Tu, Brute? - A RMT from Raikizen

TEAM AT A GLANCE

- In depth -

EDIT: So, apparently either my team, or my format (I know you dig the format.) would be considered "Good" by copying standards as even I have fought a few mirror matches on Shoddy. While it's a bit disconcerting when people recognize me for my RMT, I can say that anyone who wants to try me team out: Feel free. I posted this originally so that people would start to respect the raw power of CSpecs Heatran. (Who else do you know that can deal upwards of 80% to Salamence on a resisted hit?)

Well, this team started when I thought to myself: "You know... CSpecs Heatran OHKO's both of the most common leads, and OHKO's many more beside that. I want a team around this." So, the building a team around it sequence began. -Cue the dramatic theme music.- However, what I didn't expect going into this was how successful the team would end up. As you can see from my marked win/loss ratio below, it's done fantastic. This honestly took my by surprise as it's the first team I've built that has done that well straight off the bat with no changes. Here was the short team building process.

Well, since this team revolves around Lead Specstran, it would makes sense I'd start with him, non? He was a guaranteed.

Being as Heatran isn't just powerful, but relatively bulky, I decided I wanted a Water-Fire-Grass defensive core, since they are easily the most stable. Celebi immediately came to mind for that, since she pairs with Heatran amazingly well in the old Celetran combo.

I needed a water then... It was really a toss up between Vaporeon and Suincune, but after first hand witnessing how easily Crocune can pick apart the metagame, I decided I wanted to test that out as well.

Every team I build has Sub Rotom in it, simply because of his amazing typing and how lethal he is.

Next was a revenge killer. I decided for Flygon because of his power, type coverage, and U-Turn.

Final slot was a bit of a problem to choose. I opted for Tyranitar after browsing over potential pokemon. I wanted something Physical, something that could dent teams. As you can see, I have a marginally special line up. So, who better than the king of physical power himself?

Currently my win-loss ratio with this team is: 68-18

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Heatran @ Choice Specs ** "Flamma Vix"
Ability: Flash Fire
Ev's: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Nature: Modest (+SpA, -Atk)

- Overheat
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power Grass
- Flamethrower

-=-=:Commentary:=-=-
This thing has single handedly proven it's worth in every battle. As to date, everyone sees a Heatran and goes "Oh, Leadtran. No problem." Then suddenly they look on in horror as Overheat not only bypasses Occa berry, but one shots their metagross. The same look of horror befalls Azelf when it SR's or Taunts. I can't stress how amazing I think this lead is really, and will continue to use it well on into HGSS. It can even OHKO a lot of the bulky leads, as testified in the Lead Threat List below. With so much raw power between Heatran, Tyranitar, Flygon, Celebi, and Rotom, SR really isn't even missed. Sand Stream is usually more than enough to sneak in some secondary damage. Usually, however, my hits are so powerful that even resisted they dent something.

Fun Fact: CSpecs Heatran can OHKO any form of Groudon with Overheat. Max HP / Max SpD with a +SpD boosting nature. This isn't really suprising, but just something I found cute while doing some calculations.

-=-=:Move Analysis:=-=-
Overheat is obviously the crux of the set, severly denting even things that resist it. It needs little explanation, really. Hit and run. Earth Power is to take care of Flash Fire users such as Heatran and even the odd Houndoom. HP Grass is for Swampert and Bulky Waters. Every Bulky water I've matched up against has been 2HKO'd by HP Grass except for CMCune. Flamethrower is for a reliable late game finisher if I don't want to drop my power with Overheat. (For reference, I've actually beaten a Blissey one-on-one with Flamethrower as it was burned and we were the only two left.)

Compared to the Top 20 Leads
- Lead threat list -

Green names are leads easily dealt with,
orange names are a nuisance, and
red names spell disaster:​

1. Metagross:
Overheat OHKO's every lead version. Easy fight. They never think to switch out either.
2. Azelf:
Overheat once again OHKO's.
3. Jirachi:
Overheat OHKO's, or severly dents there switch in. I usually just Overheat, then see what their switch in is and play accordingly. If it is a bulky water, well HP Grass can take care of it next time.
4. Swampert:
OHKO'd by HP Grass.
5. Aerodactyl:
Overheat 2HKO's them, and they always taunt mistaking me for the common lead. However, they do get up SR. SR on the other hand isn't much of a hassle for my team at all.
6. Infernape:
Really, it can't touch me outside of CC, so I switch to Rotom-H. He can sub on the switch, since Fake Out and CC don't do anything to it. Fire Blast could hurt, so really it's a toss up between Rotom-H or Suicune as to who I switch it. I've even seen some with Grass Knot as leads. So, it's with trepidation I play around them.
7. Hippowdon:
Overheat is a guaranteed OHKO. I've suprised quite a few Hippo leads by staying in and OHKO'ing them.
8. Bronzong:
Faster and Overheat is a clean OHKO. Even Rain Dance leads won't get to set up Rain Dance before they die. As I've said before, everyone assumes standard lead 'Tran and so they set up, regardless.
9. Ninjask:
Switch to Rotom on the Protect + Sub. Then sub myself. After that, I just wait and bait. It will eventually switch to something. Rotom can easily handle most of the metagame's threats once behind a sub. I suppose this would be scarier if they passed to say a T-tar. They never have with me, though.
10. Tyranitar:
I haven't seen a lead with Earthquake yet, and even in the analysis it doesn't suggest it. Thus, a few Earth Power and it's dead. Earth Power is a 2HKO.
11. Heatran:
Bad match up. I'm guaranteed to be slower, due to Modest. Switch out on the predicted Earth Power to Flygon.
12. Roserade:
Switch to Crocune to absorb the sleep, then back to Heatran. I really don't like these leads.
13. Smeargle:
I really hate these guys. They are such a pain for any lead that isn't faster and threatens an OHKO even through Focus Sash. Mainly straight to Crocune to absorb the sleep then back to either Heatran or Rotom-H to help him get set up. I've found I really prefer Rotom-H here as a lot of teams that run Smeargle aren't equipped to handle Sub-Rotom it seems.
14. Abomasnow:
It dies. Simple as that. It can Sub, Protect, Blizzard all it wants. It will die. I had one that had Sash, I broke the sash as it tried to sub, apparently expecting a SR. Switched to T-Tar and sand killed it as it protected.
15. Mamoswine:
I have to switch out, otherwise I die. I haven't fought one yet, though switching to Celebi seems to the best switch, threatening an OHKO with Leaf Storm, while only being 3HKO'd by Ice Shard on average.
16. Ambipom:
Fake out does nothing to Heatran while it can easily kill it with Flamethrower. If it's LO, it dies. Focus Sash, well I can switch to T-tar to take nothing and kill it or hope for a burn.
17. Forretress:
Roasted bug. Mmmm. Delicious.
18. Weavile:
Also tasty when stir fried.
19. Gliscor:
It's a switch out. Can't touch it. The lead sets don't pose much threat though. Rotom can generally take it out. Suicune is also a good switch in to it as it takes almost nothing from it's attacks and threatens with surf. Nothing I can do to prevent SR, however.
20. Crobat:
It's pretty much dead to Overheat while it doesn't do much in return. I haven't seen one with Hypnosis since it had it's accuracy nerfed.​

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Scizor @ Choice Band ** "Rutilus Rexrgis"
Ability: Technician
Ev's: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)

- Bullet Punch
- U-Turn
- Super Power
- Pursuit

If CBTar is the Titan of the OU Metagame, then this is surely Cronus. Most of the OU Teams have Scizor for a reason. He works. Not only does he provide an amazing check to some of the Metagame's most deadly threats but he is also an amazing team worker. Scouting for sizable damage and allowing you to switch into you counter in a great thing. With a Choice Band he is definitely a wrecking ball from start to finish. The Ev's may seem a bit odd, but really I just wanted to get the jump on other Scizor when it comes down to who is hitting who with what first. He also helps check his Swords Dance brother with these Ev's. As, with them, he out speeds them. Unless they have a Bullet Punch riding on the wings of +6 Attack, my Super Power is going to nail them first.

I can't really change much here, eh? Standard CB Scizor is standard for a reason. It works. Bullet Punch is that ever so deadly priority STAB move Scizor got that allowed it to muscle it's way from pretty awesome into stellar. U-Turn is a great scouting tool, providing countless synergy with the rest of the team and even dealing some hefty damage on it's own. Superpower for that extra Powah that any teams likes to have on it, easily OHKO'ing some of his more common switch-ins. Also a clear OHKO on the big fat whore of OU herself. Finally, Pursuit for the awesome utility it offers. What, Blissey is switching and you don't want to Superpower? Pursuit! I can deal around 70-80% damage to a good portion of Blisseydom.

Synergy: Provides great utility. Takes Ice, Grass, Bug, Steel, and weaker attacks like a champ due to it's amazing resistances.

Celebi @ Life Orb ** "Viridis Pixie"
Ability: Natural Cure
Ev's: 232 HP / 244 SpA / 32 Spe
Nature: Modest (+SpA, -Atk)

- Stealth Rock
- Leaf Storm
- HP Fire
- Rest

Heatran's partner, providing the infamous Celetran combo. Takes water and Ground attacks for Heatran while scaring away those that used them easily. I've taken the "Tinkerbell" set as I love the raw power it provides while still being bulky. There is not much to say about my green pixie other than that it works and I love it for being so useful to the team.

Thunderwave for Paralysis support. Everything likes being faster. Leaf Storm + LO deals massive damage to things that don't resist it. Even some things that do. (Infernape taking 70% anyone? Yeah, it actually happened.) While U-Turn provides counter scouting and utility. Rest is instant recovery when switching out allowing it to come back in with practically full health whenever it wants. It's also a welcome answer to Suicune and Vappy, two Pokemon that I otherwise would have had a big problem with. I'm considering replacing U-Turn, yet I haven't figured out what move I'd like to do so with. HP Fire would be rather redundant with Heatran and Rotom-H on my team.

Synergy: Takes Water and Ground attacks aimed at Heatran and Scizor respectively while scaring Bulky Waters and Grounds out of the way. Sets up Stealth Rock while denting steels as well.

Rotom-H @ Leftovers ** "Rutilus Phasmatis"
Ability: Levitate
Ev's: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Nature: Timid (+Spe, -Atk)

- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Shadowball
- Overheat / HP Ice

This is the Rotom-H I started using a while back and I have to say, It is my favorite set. A lot of opponents really aren't prepared for a Sub variant, expecting Resttalk or Scarf. Once the Sub is up, I have a huge advantage on the opponent. His role is not needed as an Anti-Spinner so much as a mid-late game mop up cleaner. Max Spe and Max SpA with Timid lets me get the most out of my Easy Bake Oven.

Substitute is what makes this set so useful. Scout for status, on the switch, and just to annoy the opponent. Thunderbolt + Shadowball for great coverage and STAB. The last slot is a toss up. I switch it around all the time. Overheat may seem a bit redundant based off the rest of the team, but it is nice to have something that can handle Breloom once it's sub is gone or Celebi if Heatran has bit the dust. (Scizor, Meta, etc. are all 2HKO'd with Thunderbolt.) HP Ice, however, will cleanly kill any dragons (Salamence) who think they can come in and DD + Roost my damage off. You'd be suprised how many people actually switch DNite or Mence in on it, expecting to take pittance.

Synergy: Takes Fighting and Ground moves aimed at Heatran and and Scizor. Every team I make will have this little fellow. He's just so damn useful.

Suicune @ Leftovers ** "Unda Somnus"
Ability: Pressure
Ev's: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Nature: Bold (+Def, -Atk)

- Surf
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleeptalk

The "Water" to my defensive core. It was a choice between Vappy or Suicune, and I chose 'Cune. The first time I fought Crocune, I realized how deadly it is late game. It can easily take most special hits and CM + Rest in their face. The things that do threaten it are easily handled by the rest of my team. Even Blissey can't touch me, letting me get to +6 and sweeping if they don't stop it. Crocune also shows it's use in taking weak or unstabbed neutral physical hits, as with it's spread it is surprisingly bulky on the physical side.

Standard Crocune set. Surf is for STAB and power. Calm Mind for boosting said power, and Rest + Sleep Talk to tank hits and regain health. Very simple, yet so deadly. Once their Bulky Waters and Dragons are gone, then it allows Suicune to sweep rather unhindered.

Synergy: Takes Fire moves aimed at Celebi and a good portion of non-SE physical moves.

Flygon @ Choice Scarf ** "Puteulanus Extraho"
Ability: Levitate
Ev's: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)

- U-Turn
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Thunderpunch

I've always preferred Flygon as my Dragon of choice. His typing and ability make him an easy switch in on most attacks, while with a Scarf and Ev's he out speeds most of the Metagame. With his attacks he gets excellent coverage. The fact that he also has a resistance to SR is very helpful when switching in. As you can probably tell from the scarf, he is also my designated Revenge Killer. (I'm probably only mentioned that a hundred times in this post besides.) Mop Up, Clean Up, and general provider for the rest of the team is Flygon's job. Being a speedy little twat, he outruns most of the things my team would have problems with otherwise.

U-Turn for scouting and bringing in the proper counter. Earthquake and Outrage for powerful STAB. Thunderpunch may seem odd, but I really needed something that could revenge kill a +1 DD Gyara if Rotom was out of the picture. Thunderpunch replaced Fire Blast (I mean, I have a fiery presence already) after I lost to a DDDos sweep. Since then, Gyarados in all of his forms fails to adequately bother my team that much.

Synergy: Takes Electric moves aimed at the team while being immune to Ground also. Provides another great scouter and Revenge Killer.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Weaknesses/Problem Areas/Thoughts and Suggestions

Suprisingly, this is the first team I've built that hasn't had any major issues. All of my losses were sheer misprediction or calculation issues. It even amazed me how flawlessly the team seems to run. It has been so successfull that I wanted to share it on the RMT forum. If you do see something that could help the team flow more seemlessly, such as another Celebi set (with power of course), or changing a move around then I would greatly appreciate it.

Updates/Changes
- Replaced Tyranitar with CB Scizor.
- Tried Jirachi but opted to keep Flygon as the synergy is nearly perfect with Scizor now.
- Replaced Thunderwave with Stealth Rock on Celebi.
- Replaced U-Turn with HP Fire on Celebi.

If there any corrections I need to make outside of my team (E.G. Spelling, grammar, unclear wording, or something being labeled wrong) please let me know as well.

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Problems:

Salamence
CB Scizor (minor)

How to fix:

Hey good format, easy on the eyes and very well built. There are no glaring weakness and there is a nice synergy behind all of this, but every team is sort of weak to Salamence. It can switch-in on several moves such as Earth Power, Aqua Tail, etc. Dragon Dance up, and you probably don't have any checks besides Suicune who wields Surf. Cb Scizor is a minor issue as well due to U-turn and a plethora of opportunities it can switch in and abuse U-turn. One way to patch up this weakness is changing Flygon' nature to Jolly to speed tie with Naive Salamence as well as Outpacing Adamant versions. With Sala locked in Flygon has an easy Outrage, removing it and taking a huge load off your team. Another way is adding Ice Beam over Sleep Talk on Suicune and "acts" as a safety check to Salamence. Although you'll miss out on a potential CM while asleep.

Now CB Scizor is a minor issue, as none of your team can successfully do any major damage outside Heatran who is normally U-turned (ur initial switch-in) . I will recommend going for HP Fire on Celebi over U-turn because you really don't need U-turn at this moment, and you need to "surprise" smash Scizor with Hp fire to stop it from U-turn abusing. It also prevents Breloom from taking advantage on your team.

As for other options, Explosion over Flamethrower would be sweet if you want to take huge chunks out of blissey, allowing you to make great synergy with Tyranitar to finish it with Pursuit. You don't need HP Ice on Rotom, just give Will-O-Wisp a go to weaken physical hits and stop threats like Machamp, Scizor, and Lucario. Overheat is another option to "smash" Lucario with ease. With the current EVs I recommend 252 HP / 44 SpA / 212 Spe. 212 Spe outpaces Adamant Lucario, and the needed bulk ensures you can take hits from Gyarados and take unboosted Crunch easily. Overall gl.

Edit: I forgot to mention, change Tyranitar's EV spread to 176 HP / 252 Atk / 80 Spe so you outpace Skarmory and it won't "outroost you", that's all I forgot to say.

Wow, this RMT is amazing.

The only small issue I see is DDmence. After DD, it can outspeed Flygon and OHKO with Outrage, and damage your whole team with it. Celebi may be able to revenge paralyze it, but even a Heatran switch in doesn't do much, lacking HP Ice/Dragon Pulse and all.

Just as insurance you may want to put Dragon Pulse or HP Ice over Flamethrower (HP Ice may help vs. Gliscor leads as well because they usually taunt Heatran leads and then spam EQ).

Overall a very beautiful team, well done and well written.

haunter

Banned deucer.
The only small issue I see is DDmence. After DD, it can outspeed Flygon and OHKO with Outrage, and damage your whole team with it. Celebi may be able to revenge paralyze it, but even a Heatran switch in doesn't do much, lacking HP Ice/Dragon Pulse and all.

Just as insurance you may want to put Dragon Pulse or HP Ice over Flamethrower (HP Ice may help vs. Gliscor leads as well because they usually taunt Heatran leads and then spam EQ).
Salamence is a problem for every team, not only this one. Anyway, you're quite wrong here. Firstly Celebi is ohko'd by a +1 life orb outrage meaning that it can neither revenge kill Mence nor paralyze it. Secondly, Heatran does not need hp ice to revenge kill Salamence locked into outrage as a specs overheat does a ridicolous 68.88% - 80.97% to a jolly Salamence which is a sure ohko after SR and one turn of life orb recoil (most Mence are naive\naughty meaning that it will do even more, btw).

The only real problem I see with this team is SD Lucario: adamant variants are revenge killed by Rotom, but jolly ones will be a pain to deal with, considering that with minimum support from entry hazard they can literally ohko every member of your team. If I were you I'd probably try a scarf-Jirachi over Flygon, being resistant to both ES and bullet punch may be decisive to stop a Lucario\Scizor sweep, though the latter is less of a threat in my opinion, with Rotom, Heatran and, to a lesser extent Suicune ready to counter\revenge kill it.

if nothing else I recommend changing Flygon to Jolly + Max Speed so that you at least tie all Salamence after a DD.

Put HP Fire on Celebi as well. Thunder Wave - used intellegently - is a good scouting tool anyway, and HP Fire is needed to keep Scizor from crapping on your parade. An alternative to HP Fire Celebi could be to change Rotom to a Rest Talker:

252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk) | Levitate
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
-Discharge
-Will-O-Wisp

Rest Talk Rotom gives your team a way to take status easily while dishing burns and paralysis back. Incase you don't know, Discharge has 30% paralysis rate (as opposed to 10% for Thunderbolt) with a slight (but noticeable) drop in power (80 as opposed to 95). Will-O-Wisp halves pokemon's attack stat, making any physical attacker dead weight for the rest of the match. This Rotom has about equal Def and SpD stats. It also provides a useful check to Scizor, Gyarados, Metagross, and non-Crunch Lucario. This way, you won't be lowering your own HP with substitutes so that you can stick around to wall longer.

With that change, however, you lose your best answer to Adamant SD Lucario, so I'm going to agree with Haunter and advise you to run Choice Scarf Jirachi:

80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe - or - 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly (+Spe, -SpAtk) | Serene Grace
-Iron Head
-Thunderpunch
-Fire Punch
-Ice Punch

Whether you take the first EV spread or the second is entirely dependent on whether or not you want to rely on getting Salamence to lock himself into Outrage for a revenge kill or if you want to rely on a potential speed tie.

Iron Head is obligatory STAB with an extremely handy 60% flinch rate (which will be even nicer with paralysis support from celebi). Thunderpunch Gyara, Ice Punch Salamence, Fire Punch Lucario. Be careful though, as Fire Punch will not OHKO if Lucario hasn't Close Combat-ed or is above the high-70% range.

locopoke

Banned deucer.
I think SR is very important to have and your team needs it. Since you built your team around Specstran I am not going to suggest leadtran, but I will suggest that you change your Celebi. Try using 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Speed with a Bold nature. As for the moves use Reflect, SR, Grass Knot and recover. Reflect helps SpecsTran switch into physical attacks and sr gives your team the support that it needs. Celebi still works as a good pokemon to switch into pert and still supports heatran.

I'm going to suggest changing Rotom-h to a trickscarf set because the one you have now doesn't really have any purpose and it doesn't help the team. Try a simple Thunderbolt / Shadow Ball / Overheat / Trick set with 252 SpA / 252 Speed / 6 HP and a Timid nature. It's simple but very effective. This set will let you outrun some extra things and cripple Pokemon by tricking a scarf onto them, definetely helps against stall.

Lastly, you are DD mence weak so use a Jolly nature on Flygon so that you can always outrun Adamant +1 DD mence and you can speed tie Jolly +1 DD Mence. Also, I suggest changing Thunder Punch to Stone Edge. It still hits Gyarados but it also hits other flying types, and it gives you something else to hit Mence with if nessecary. There will be times when you do not want to be locked into Outrage and Thunder Punch will not do enough damage.

hope i helped, gl with your team

How do you stop LO Starmie? Considering nothing on your team has the ability to switch into it without taking a Hydro Pump followed by the super effective move shows that it can easily 6-0 you. I would make Rotom more bulky and then give it a scarf so that way it can give you some better insurance against it, something Flygon cannot really do. You could also change Tyranitars spread to become more focused on special defense. But you still can't switch in.

No. he can switch into Suicune, while Starmie Hydropumps, after that you opponent use Tbolt 90% of the time. Easiliy switch to flygon, take the Tbolt and hit back with a U-turn. I think Starmie is not the biggest problem here. What aboout Chargebeam on Rotom over [Ice]? After you get 1-2 Raises its nearly unstopable. On your Celebi you used Rest, whats the reason? Recover is also instant recovery.

GoodLuck with your Team :)

Nas

Banned deucer.
Nice team, I made a Lead SpecsTran team a while back also. I can see CBScizor been a real problem to this team, as U-Turn hits all but two members of your team for a lot of damage. Rotom resists it but has no recovery, and Tyranitars Sandstream will negate leftovers, so Rotom will only be able to come in a few times. Heatran will always fear Superpower, and one wrong switch could really mess you up.

Apart from that, I really think that you need SR. The only way that I see you could fit it on without changing anything would be to change Celebi's set to Grass Knot/Recover/SR/HP Fire. (Standard set with SR over T-Wave)

Otherwise, it looks good.

The formatting to this team is quite amazing. People have already mentioned that you have a DDMence, both LO Jolly and Bulky DD, weak and it is an incredible one at that. Flygon has to be Jolly for you to even have a chance at it. If not you have to sacrifice something and have Heatran bring it down some. I have to agree that CS Jirachi would probably be better insurance against more common threats. Then you have something else that can take the outrage and beat mence other then Heatran, which could be weakened past 57% since it is your lead.

The other thing that jumps out at me is Tyranitar. How is that working out for you with Crocune, LO Celebi, and a Subrotom? All of those pokemon really like either having leftovers recovery or not having to take LO and SS damage. Some other heavy hitter such as Metagross or Scizor (who can also take on latias and Gengar like ttar) may allow your team for freedom then ttar will. Not really a rate but more food for thought.

This team looks excellent, loving the lead and i'll be sure to try it out. Now onto the rate. This teams major weakness seems to be any and all dragon types, its only a matter of time till heatran falls, and lets face it Heatran is'nt the best dragon resist in the game. I think the weakest link of this team is Flygon yes he can do alot of your revenge killing but i think you will find that you will be desperately defending against the multiple dragons in the metagame. An offensive Latios or a MixMence are gonna blow your team to pieces whilst Flygon will probably be fairly ineffective due to the opponent probably having a Skarmory.

Once again, as ive just noticed everyone else in this thread mention, you should definitely use Choice Scarf Jirachi. Who will basically act as your revenge killer to just about everything whilst being a handy Dragon resist. Trick will be helpful against stall a situation in which Flygon can be largely ineffective.

This is the set:

252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly

-Iron Head
-Thunderpunch
-Fire Punch
-Trick

You dont really need Ice Punch for Mence due to SR and SS taking its toll, Iron Head should be ample and of course the flinches will help.

Right with most threats covered by this panacea we can move on to Rotom. The Rotom set you are currently using could be improved:

Substitute = :)
Thunderbolt = :)
Shadow Ball = :)
Overheat/HP Ice = :(

I think there may be a better spread for Rotom HP wise to create optimal subs but im not aware of it. OK i would definitely consider using Will-o'-Wisp in the final slot burning Tyranitar, Salamence and any other threat can be invaluable. You should definitely try it out. If Will-o'-Wisp doesnt take your i would consider HP Fighting to scare away Curse Tyranitar who otherwise laughs at Rotom and if played well will not be taken down easily by the rest of your team. Of course Jirachi will help.

BTW nice HALO 3 reference, i love that game.

Heres the link to the official SMOGON H3 thread:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48168

Hope this helped.

Scarf Jirachi, eh? Looks like I'm outvoted.

Well, first of all I'd like to thank everyone for their rates. Their was a suprising number of them (You only like me for me format!) this time around. Now let's get to addressing some of issues.

franky said:
Problems:

Salamence
CB Scizor (minor)
Well, yeah. Salamence has been giving me some trouble. I've noticed more than a few people suggested CScarf Jirachi. I've used it before and love it, however I was a bit lax to implement it at first. I don't like that I'm losing an electric and ground immunity for neutrality to both. Since more than a few of you suggested it, though, I'll be trying it out sometime tonight.

You don't need HP Ice on Rotom, just give Will-O-Wisp a go to weaken physical hits and stop threats like Machamp, Scizor, and Lucario. Overheat is another option to "smash" Lucario with ease.
A lot of people suggest this. I have to repeat myself in saying: I don't like Will-O-Wisp. It's accuracy is shaky at best (And I've never been "saved" by it.) On the contrary, it's actually caused me to lose matches before because it missed multiple times in a row.

Edit: I forgot to mention, change Tyranitar's EV spread to 176 HP / 252 Atk / 80 Spe so you outpace Skarmory and it won't "outroost you", that's all I forgot to say.
Well, I thought about going with the normal Ev spread, but with Rotom-H and Heatran, it seemed rather pointless to just try and 2HKO a Skarmory with Stone Edge (They can still switch out) since I can more than OHKO it with the rest of my team.

Put HP Fire on Celebi as well.
I've been debating this. Yes, HP Fire is a guaranteed OHKO, yet most players seem more than reluctant to switch their Scizor in on Celebi (For that very reason.) I'll give it a shot however, and may even vote to use Will-o-Wisp on Rotom-H just to see how effective it will be.

The other thing that jumps out at me is Tyranitar. How is that working out for you with Crocune, LO Celebi, and a Subrotom? All of those pokemon really like either having leftovers recovery or not having to take LO and SS damage. Some other heavy hitter such as Metagross or Scizor (who can also take on latias and Gengar like ttar) may allow your team for freedom then ttar will. Not really a rate but more food for thought.
Actually, that is the suprising thing and one of the main reason I felt compulsed to share. Tyranitar usually doesn't come out until late game. By then, Crocune and Rotom aren't really bothered by the Sand Stream. I thought at first that it would mainly be a hindrance, but it hasn't be a negativity at all.

Overheat/HP Ice = :(
Outvoted, eh?

BTW nice HALO 3 reference, i love that game.
Errr... Where did I make a Halo 3 reference, pray tell? In case anyone noticed, all of my Pokemon's names are derived from latin. Such as, Heatran's (Flamma Vix) literally translates to Flame Scarab/Beetle. Is that what you meant?

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Well, I thought about going with the normal Ev spread, but with Rotom-H and Heatran, it seemed rather pointless to just try and 2HKO a Skarmory with Stone Edge (They can still switch out) since I can more than OHKO it with the rest of my team.
Its not so much with 2HKOing it, its really "scenario-wise". The thought outpacing Skarmory can scare it away the entire match, and grabbing the potential OHKO (when HP is rather reduced) is great. Its just a suggestion, because it has happened to me before, getting out-roosted is not great and you end up losing and being forced to switch-out, but with 80 EVs you put Skarmory on its toes to switch out. If it roosts first, you can't hit it neutrally with Stone Edge anyways. Point is, give 80 Spe a try, I think it will benefit your team as a whole.
A lot of people suggest this. I have to repeat myself in saying: I don't like Will-O-Wisp. It's accuracy is shaky at best (And I've never been "saved" by it.) On the contrary, it's actually caused me to lose matches before because it missed multiple times in a row.
The accuracy might not be fair at times but HP Ice is rather pointless as most dragon-types will outpace you, making it rather useless. Like I said, try both W-o-w or Overheat, though I'm leaning towards Overheat more to check Adamant Lucario.

I've been debating this. Yes, HP Fire is a guaranteed OHKO, yet most players seem more than reluctant to switch their Scizor in on Celebi (For that very reason.) I'll give it a shot however, and may even vote to use Will-o-Wisp on Rotom-H just to see how effective it will be.
Thats the point of HP Fire, lessen Scizor switch-ins. With U-turn on Cele you practically give it a free U-turn. Heatran wont like the beating, essentially hp fire is going to prevent it from getting any "free u-turns" is what I call it.

So, as you can tell I've updated the team. (Check the updates section if your not sure what I changed.)

Some key notes to point out:
- Replaced CBTar with CBScizor. So far he has worked fantastic! Way better than T-tar did in that spot. It's almost like a puzzle piece was clicked into place when I started using him.
- I tried out Scarfrachi as everyone suggested and found that, as I feared, it didn't help at all. As much as I love the little Star, it just personified my Ground and Electric weakness. Not only that, but with Scizor added in, he just added another way fire hurts after Heatran is gone. I decided to go back to Flygon and haven't regretted it since.
- Added in Stealth Rock and HP Fire on Celebi. Thanks for the suggestion to do that, as it seems people are forgetting Celebi can pack a punch and they send their Scizor in to deal with it. Having enemy Scizor die early in the match is always a giggle worthy achievement.

''Synergy: Takes Fighting and Ground moves aimed at Heatran and Tyranitar, and most Electric and Grass moves aimed at Suicune.''

Might want to fix it, since you state you removed Tyranitar.

PROBLEMS:

- Tyranitar
I hope this is of any use, but the team seems to have a lot of trouble with strong opposing Stone-Edge(I mean mainly Tyranitar), since it switches into Rotom and does pretty big damage to things with Stone-Edge.

I know, Suicune has great staying power, but still, between Sandstorm and Stealth rock, it is reduced a bit. Flygon has poor defenses as well, so it might be a bit dangerous to switch it in.

Sadly, I haven't had time to test the team, so I think you know best if this is a real problem or not, and how to fix it.(I noticed you tested Jirachi)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)