Excadrill

This guy is just incredible in sand. I cant believe it. Swords dance set is the best imo, so powerful and versatile. Huge fan. And ive noticed alot of switches during his stay in battle trying to deal with his attacks. CB isnt the greatest, now anyways.

This thing looks pretty beast for sure...

Only problem I see is that, even if you don't see their entire team before hand you will not be sending this thing out before Sand Storm goes down. And if this thing gets as successful as it seems like it will be you can be sure that Hippowdon or Tyranitar will come out before it to get the Sand Stream.

So, this thing will be very easy to see coming and allow you to prepare for it accordingly.

That's not to say it will be hard to prepare for; because even with no boost it will be hitting extremely hard.

I foresee Swampert increasing in usage because of this; I remember Swampert being pretty good against Tyranitar.

This thing looks pretty beast for sure...

Only problem I see is that, even if you don't see their entire team before hand you will not be sending this thing out before Sand Storm goes down. And if this thing gets as successful as it seems like it will be you can be sure that Hippowdon or Tyranitar will come out before it to get the Sand Stream.

So, this thing will be very easy to see coming and allow you to prepare for it accordingly.

That's not to say it will be hard to prepare for; because even with no boost it will be hitting extremely hard.

I foresee Swampert increasing in usage because of this; I remember Swampert being pretty good against Tyranitar.
I foresee that the BW metagame's been going on for a long while now, and that you may want to read on the boards a bit to see how Excadrill's been doing and what its counters are (hint: not Swampert), rather than speculating on the past.

Swampert's been doing decently but get your head out of ADV, it ain't the behemoth it used to be now that there are better options (Gastrodon comes to mind, as do Unaware Quagsire).

i run substitute with mine, and this provides some coverage to set up with.
I find that the quake/slide combo has enough coverage. Excadrill has won me the match countless times, after setting up. You just have to make sure his counters are gone/seriously injured. pair him with azelf/ genesect and they rape face.

i run substitute with mine, and this provides some coverage to set up with.
I find that the quake/slide combo has enough coverage. Excadrill has won me the match countless times, after setting up. You just have to make sure his counters are gone/seriously injured. pair him with azelf/ genesect and they rape face.
Use rapid spin if you only need edqequake. Idk about dream world, but he's already immune to toxic and t-wave so sub doesn't have much utility on him. The main willo user is Rotom-w in OU and he'd rather just pump.

Is Drill Run a good move for Excadrill?
Why use Drill Run when you could just use EQ? EQ has better accuracy and more power. The only real notable thing about Drill Run is that is has a high crit ratio, but relying on crits is not a very reliable strategy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)