Excadrills brother's (peaked #9 on Smogon)

This team came into my mind when I saw Sandslash's DW Ability, Sand Rush. After I saw it I wanted to build a team with Life Orb Adamant Excadrill and Choice Band Sandslash because they will be hard to stop together. I wanted Tyranitar then because he fits better in the role of my Sand Streamer for my Team because he more offensive than Hippodown and I also wanted to build my Team offensive. I tought about another Sandabuser and I picked Landorus because the Rock Polish sets wrecks havok. I qickly saw that I need a Choice Scarfer because if the sand isn't up my team is pretty slow, so who is a better Choice Scarfer than Genesect in Dream World? The last pokemon that joined my team was Conkeldurr. He had the ability to kill Ballon Excadrills that trouble me somehow and he could also kill Rock Polish Terakion with Mach Punch. That team brought me pretty high on the DW ladder with the rank #9 and here it comes:

TyraniBro (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 176 SAtk / 76 SDef / 4 Spd
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Superpower
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam
- Pursuit

The all so common Sdef Tyranitar. There is not much to say about him. He is my Sand Streamer for my Sand abusers and my Lati@s revenge killer with Pursuit. Fire Blast is there to kill that stupid Ferrothorns and Skarmorys that trouble my team. Ice beam is for Gliscor who also walls some of my teammembers. I chose Superpower over Stealth Rocks because I wanted to kill opposing Tyranitars and to hit Heatrans with se Damage. I run 1 speed point more than the standart Sdef Tar to outspeed them and kill them with superpower.

Excadrill (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance/Substitute
- X-Scissor

Here is the hardest hitter of my team, Adamant LO Excadrill. This thing is such a beast, he hitts many pokemons for a 1OHKO without a boost. The moveset is pretty normal EQ for stab, Rock Slide for Coverage and X-Scissor to hit Lati@s and Celebi. Swords Dance is here to boost my Atk but I never used it somehow, I just don't need to boost my already Skyhigh atk Stat. I tested Substitute>Sword Dance and it worked wonders for me. Works much better than SD without a Ballon.

SandSlashBro (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor
- Brick Break

Sandslash aka Excdrills brother is also a beast if sand is up. I use Choice Band because his attack stat isnt that high and so he's better in late game when he spamms EQ's. I also run Choice Band because I didn't wanted to waste my time with 1 more set up sweeper. The move set is pretty much the same like Excadrills expect for Brick Break. Its simply there to hit Ballon Excadrills but I tought about replacing it with Rapid Spin. Anyone who thinks that Sandslash is some piece of shit is wrong, he works so good together with Excadrill.

ConkelBro (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Guts
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SDef
- Bulk Up
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- Payback

So here is my Conkledurr. I really only took him into my team to kill Excadrills and Terakions and he does good at killing them. This is the normal Bulk up set and I run guts because I have nothing to absorb Status and Iron fist isn't so great. Payback is here to hit things like Jellycent or Lati@s on the switch and Drain Punch is here to Recover health.

LandoBro (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sand Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Rock Polish

Landorus is my last sand abuser. He is simply here to punch holes and to kill Gliscor with HP [Ice]. After a Rock Polish he reaches 600 Spd and speeds pretty much everything out expect jolly Excadrill. Earthquake is for stab and for Sand Force abuse. Stone Edge is for Coverage and Sand Force abuse and to hit those damn Rotom-W's . HP [Ice] for Gliscor and Dragons and Rock Polish for Speed.

GeneBro @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Download
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- U-turn
- Bug Buzz
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam

Genesect is my revenge killer if Sand is not up. U-Turn is for weakend P'mons and for scouting. Bug Buzz for Stab, Flamethrower for Scizor, Nattorei and other Steels and Ice Beam is for Dragons and Gliscor. There is not much to say about Genesect expect that he awesome.

So thats the whole team that got me so for on the DW Ladder. I hope you enjoy it and thanks for reading :D.

Really Nice team, although a bulky Politoad can kinda wreck your team, it changes the weather, has Focus Blast for T-Tar, Ice Beam for Excadrill,Sandslash & Landorous. Conk can pretty much take him out, but if he's dead already.. Politoed can be a threat.. since you don't have any Electric/Grass type moves.

Really Nice team, although a bulky Politoad can kinda wreck your team, it changes the weather, has Focus Blast for T-Tar, Ice Beam for Excadrill,Sandslash & Landorous. Conk can pretty much take him out, but if he's dead already.. Politoed can be a threat.. since you don't have any Electric/Grass type moves.
Thanks but I have no real Problems against Politoed. I lead with
Genesect and uturn to tar and damage it with pursuit. After that I try to kill
It with earthquakes. But thanks :D

Hi

You are having a huge weakness to Water type attacks, there is nothing that can switch into them. Having Excadrill + Sandslash + Landorus all on the same team is a bit to much. Landorus lures out most Excadrill counters so Sandslash is completely redundant imo. You are also having some problem with switching into strong physical attackers. Opposing Conkeldurr, CB Terrakion, Jolly / Air Balloon Excadrill can cause you quite some problems. You can only revenge kill the later 2, so you need to sack something first to get your own Conculdurr in safely.
To fix both these problems I suggest Jellicent instead of Sandslash. Jellicent has the Water Absorb ability and Excadrill and Terrakion cannot hit it hard enough without getting a boost in (Conculdurr can switch-in on these free turns though) and Jellicent can cripple them with Will-o-wisp. It isn't the most solid counter to the aforementioned threats but it will give you a much easier time.

Hopes this helped!

First thanks for the rate and I know my water weakness. I normaly try to damage the
water user with One of my Sand abusers and revenge it with another. Same for physical attackers,
that is also the reason why I run Sandslash because if one dies I still have another left.

Great team, I agree with everyone else that you may want to address the water weakness. Maybe a Substitute on Sandslash to make him less vulnerable ? Just a thought, besides that your team looks great, 8.5/10 easily, if you ever wanna battle as well let me know, I'm about to try out my OU/UU/NU teams.

You mention that you rarely (if ever) use Swords Dance with Excadrill. Might I suggest running Substitute over Swords Dance. It can help against being revenged killed, and also save you from Prankster Status and being beaten by Ditto.

hi,

i played this team like 5 times (won about 3-4 times)

i have some suggestions:

- technician on conkeldurr (i know it's not released, but it won't be banned anyways, so why not?)

- life orb and swords dance on sandslash.. i dont really see the point of choice band, with life orb he can use all moves for free with yea about 80 atk points less. and well, swords dance should be useful too, this guy is enough bulky to set up i think

- you're hard at getting hits from watertype moves, why not replacing a latios or latias (i would take this guy cuz' its bulkier) for genesect.. if you play your sandstorm well against a drizzle team you don't need a finisher with sandslash and excadrill.

i btw like your landorus, this guy raped me once i remember. lol

greez mervins

the reason why I run Choice Band on Sandslash is that I don't want to waste my time with setting up. I pretty much want to hit hard and switch after that if a counter shows up, so and if I wastet 1 turn to set up SD I could have attacked 1 turn.

I also tried Sub>SD on Excadrill and it really worked better than SD for me. I also used CB Landorus and he hitted hard but not being able to kill Gliscor with HP [Ice]. Trying Life Orb Sandslash next.

you have 3 guys spamming the edgequake combo, and while it is a goos combo, its still to much. You are going to want a defensive pivot like:
Sigilyph (M) @ Flame Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Def / 140 SDef / 56 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Psycho Shift
- Cosmic Power
- Roost
- Stored Power
This Pokémon is easy to overlook, but it offers incredible team support that would be hard to find in anything else. Sigilyph offers invaluable type coverage with its Ground-type immunity and double Fighting-type resistance, and it is one of the greatest status absorbers in the game with its ability, Magic Guard. It can switch into all of the moves you never want to have used against your other Pokémon that include, but are not limited to, Leech Seed, Toxic, Will-O-Wisp, Lava Plume, Scald, and Body Slam. With Psycho Shift, you can send any form of status you happen to be inflicted with during the game right back to the opponent. Ideally, you will want to have Sigilyph inflicted by a burn because it allows Sigilyph to beat Tyranitar and other Dark-type Pokémon, as well as give Garchomp the best possible support. Sigilyph acts as the team's failsafe because it can cause a game to turn on a dime. All it needs is one turn to pull off a Cosmic Power late game and that can be the difference. That isn't hard to do when you have planted the necessary support beforehand I might add. Hold on to Sigilyph because it can pull you out of a mess if you play your hand right.

Sigilyph can take on almost everything with a few Cosmic Powers under its belt. The only way it will usually lose in that scenario is from a critical hit. There are things you can do to reduce the chances of those critical hits being able to KO you. If you set up on a slower Pokémon with an Electric-, Ice-, or Rock-type move, you can Roost in between turns to remove the super effective nature of the hit. That will almost guarantee you will survive a critical hit unless it is from a really heavy hitter. The biggest things you will want to avoid taking on are Terrakion and Thundurus since they are extremely powerful and faster than Sigilyph. Once you have gotten enough boosts, you can unleash an enhanced Stored Power. It begins as a base 20 attack, but increases by 20 for every boost you receive. Once you have hit +6 Defense and Special Defense, the base power of Stored Power jumps to 260. STAB is later applied to it in the damage calculation. It is easy to get greedy with Sigilyph, but I only go for as many boosts as I need to get through whatever I am facing, because the omnipresent risk of a critical hit is always lurking.(credit for this goes to kevin garett) Try switching landorus or sandslash for this guy.

I only have 1 real suggestion. Why don't ya try out T-bolt > Bug Buzz on Genesect.

U-Turn is allready there for the STAB and hits hard enough if you can get an Atk boost from Download.
T-bolt finishes of those pesky Waters and if you think they are going to switch you can get switch advantege with U-Turn instead.

As much as you're trying to disregard water type Pokemon and your ridiculous weakness to them, STOP. It is a problem. This team has ridiculous synergy issues that any good team will capitalize on. I understand that synergy is not 100% the most important thing when building teams, but come onnnn =(.

4 water weaks, no resist.
2 fighting weaks, one resist (Landorus...)
2 grass weaks, 1 resist (Your Landorus/Excadrill will be hit ridiculously hard by them too as grass attacks are primarily special...)

Excadrill and Sandslash on the same team are ridiculously redundant, and Sandslash is just adding to your synergy problems without doing anything useful. As long as you're not an idiot with Excadrill, you don't need Sandslash. As Delko said, replace Sandslash with Jellicent, making things...

3 water weaks, 1 immune
2 fighting weaks, 1 resist, 1 immune
3 grass weaks, 1 resist

Which is a lot better than it was before. I'm incredibly curious what you did against Politoed on this team. Keep in mind that Politoeds don't often lead the game against Tyranitar, because Tyranitar outslows Politoed naturally. When it switched in, your team was fucked.

^ Because it are all brothers off Excadrill

Excadrill aint a brother of himself ^^

(I think that is the reason)

OT: did you trie out the T-Bolt on Genesect allready??
I think its the only thing you really have to change.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)