Pet Mod Extreme Reboot (Complete Mod)

Name: Radiation Poisoning (RadPsn or Rad)
Effect: Normal Toxic effect. Manmade is immune. (Maybe) impossible to remove by status-removal effects.
Explanation: I feel like Manmade should be a very strong type when it comes to base stats and ways to break to make up for its huge lack of assets from the type chart. This is a beginning step in that direction.

Name: Irritated
Effect: 25% chance of using a random move instead of the selected move.
Explanation: Inspired by another game, and also thought it'd be interesting. Might be better as a mental effect?

Name: Itchy
Effect: 50% chance to scratch itself for 1/16 self damage over using an attack. Manmade is immune.
Explanation: basically just confusion

Name: Trance
Effect: Can't move for 2-5 turns. Taking a hit has a 50% chance to break the trance.
Explanation: Sleep with more emphasis on setup than on damage.

Name: Stone
Effect: Turns to stone and cannot move. Replaces type with Earth. Earth is immune.
Explanation: The Medusa stare.

Last edited:
These statuses are based off emotions (with one outlier). Status immunities still pending.

Name: Infected/Infection
Flavor Text: X was infected with a virulent disease! X was hurt by the infection!
Effect: An Infested Pokemon takes damage equal to 1/16 of its max HP on the first turn, after which the damage increases by 1/16 each time it takes damage from this status. Man-made is immune. (Badly poisoned clone)
Explanation: Looking at matchups, Manmade is kinda a poor type rn, so making it immune to 'Toxic' would improve it a bit.
Other Flavor: The season type-moves could inflict this, because allergies and mosquito bites and cold causes colds. IIRC there was a move in Extreme Roulettemons that was called Avian Flu; maybe a similarly-named move could be given to Sky-types and inflict this.

Name: Enraged/Rage
Flavor Text: X became enraged! X can't use [MOVE] due to its rage!
Effect: An Enraged Pokemon is locked into the first move it uses after being afflicted with the condition. Enragement lasts for 3 turns. Serenity is immune.
Explanation: Based off the move-locking effect of Outrage/Petal Dance/Thrash/Maybe other moves I forgot.
Other Flavor: A lot of Storm moves would probably self-inflict this. Since Night-types generally involve trickery, a Night move like "Agitate" might inflict Rage, though it'd probably also have a large distribution.

Name: Afraid/Fear
Flavor Text: X became afraid!
Effect: An Afraid Pokemon has the damage it deals halved. Folklore is immune.
Explanation: Burn, but minus the chip damage in exchange for also halving special damage.
Other Flavor: A move that inflicts Fear would likely be widespread among Storm and some Night and Folklore types.

Name: Frenzied/Frenzy (might rename to Manic/Mania)
Flavor Text: X went into a frenzy! X damaged itself in its frenzy!
Effect: A Frenzied Pokemon damages itself for 1/16 of its max HP whenever it damages the opponent with a move, but its moves also deal 1/16 more damage than they would normally.
Explanation: Based off the Confusion status effect, but minus the hax. Also made it more risk-reward.
Other Flavor: Similarly to Enraged, lot of Storm moves would probably self-inflict this. I can also see Spring types having a pollen or powder move that inflicts this.

Name: Melancholic/Melancholy
Flavor Text: X became melancholic!
Effect: A Melancholic Pokemon has its speed halved. Storm is immune.
Explanation: Paralysis, but minus the hax.
Other Flavor:

Last edited:
Congratulations to Gravity Monkey for winning! Their type chart was truly inspired! Now, last time I made a mess, but this time, it should be easier.

Name: (Heavy) Pollution
Effect: Deals 1/16th damage every turn. If Heavy, damage doubles each turn. Manmade is immune.
Explanation: Manmade moves are more likely to have this as a status. Humans are well known for polluting the land. Acts like poison/bad poison.

Name: Dream
Effect: Heals 1/8th of Max HP each turn, but each hit it takes has a 50% chance to wake it up. Max length of 2 turns.
Explanation: Dreaming heals the body and mind. Canon sleep should honestly have that "attacks can wake the Pokemon up" caveat. This is one that one would try to self inflict.

Name: (Deep) Fear
Effect: 25% chance to not move. If Deep, also halves Speed. Autumn and Folklore are immune.
Explanation: Paralysis, but with an extra mechanic. Both Autumn and Folklore involve spooky stuff, so they're immune.

Name: Fervor
Effect: Increases Attack by 50%, but PP of moves depletes by 2. Has a 25% chance to be cured each turn
Explanation: Fervor makes one work harder, doing more damage, but tiring the user out faster.

I hope these are good. A few interesting thing here, I think...

EDIT: Caught myself, made dreaming cap at 2 turns.

Last edited:
Name: Scared (SCR)
Effect: Halved the Attack stat of the scared Pokemon, and make them unable to move the first turn inflicted by scared. Folklore type status. Folklore is immune to this.
Explanation: A fusion of burn and flinch.

Name: Calm (CLM)
Effect: the Defense and Sp. Defense of calm Pokemon are 1.5x. Calm status disappear after the calm Pokemon is hit by a Storm type attack or after 5 turns. Serenity type status. Storm is immune to this.
Explanation: A fusion of cosmic power and freeze.

Name: Drown (DRW)
Effect: Drowning Pokemon loses 1/16 of its max HP in the end of each turn, and is now weak to Sea type attacks. Sea type status. Sea is immune to this.
Explanation: A fusion of burn and tar shot.

Name: Starcloak (STC)
Effect: If Night or Sky type Pokemon, heals 1/16 of its max HP. Otherwise, halves Sp. Defense. Night type status. No day type, so nothing is immune to this.
Explanation: A fusion of black sludge and metal sound, but as a status.

Last edited:
Name: Sick
Effect: Takes 1/8th HP in damage every turn. Spring and Manmade are immune
Explanation: I thought it'd be cute if each of the season-types had its own status associated (though not exclusive most likely, like how in vanilla Paralysis is associated with Electric but can also be inflicted by Grass). This one's the obligate damage over time Poison stand-in, associated with Spring due to pollen allergies. Manmade is also immune for probably clear flavor reasons.

Name: Heatstroke
Effect: Attack stat is halved. Summer is immune.
Explanation: Burn-less burn, focused more on being a debuff. Could have the damage over time added back if it ends up being too weak on its own?

Name: Wilted
Effect: Attacks used against this mon restore 1/4 the damage done to the user. Autumn is immune.
Explanation: Build-your-own-Shell Bell (which I always thought was a neat effect but way underpowered). Flavor's move vague than the others here being things that happen during these seasons, but it fits the lifesteal mechanical flavor mentioned for Autumn. Also parallels Spring's status, gradually healing rather than damaging.

Name: Frigid
Effect: Speed stat is halved. Winter is immune.
Explanation: Parahax-less para. Foils Summer's status in being a pure stat debuff. Like Heatstroke, could also have its other effect added from its vanilla equivalent if it ends up too weak.

Name: Stunned
Effect: Can't move for two turns.
Explanation: A more generically flavored status, and one honed in on immobilizing. Meant to be a less luck-based sleep.

Name: Frostbite
Effect: Halves the affected Pokemon's speed, and they loses 1/16 of their max health at the end of each turn. Winter is immune.
Explanation: Burn but for speed, but also simultaneously Paralysis without the hax. Great offensive and defensive tool.

Name: Inspiriting
Effect: While statused, the affected Pokemon only heals 1/2 the amount from all healing sources. Folklore is immune.
Explanation: THE anti-defense status. Amazing tool for breaking defensive mons, though it can always just be removed. Probably a Sleep-type situation, where the status being so good is balanced by it being difficult to inflict (which makes sense considering the rather specific flavor).

Name: Decompression
Effect: The affected Pokemon is unable to use its item, and takes 1/16 damage at the end of each turn. Fades after 5 turns. Sea is immune.
Explanation: Embargo but good! Great tool for defensive mons, as it works similar to burn in that it cripples certain attackers (in this case item-reliant ones) while also providing chip damage, the only downside being that it fades eventually.

Name: Soiling
Effect: The affected Pokemon's attacks do 2/3 of their normal damage, but add an extra 1/16 of the opponent's health to their damage. Autumn and Earth are immune.
Explanation: Pretty funny status. Usually a good defensive tool, since that really cuts down on the damage of strong attackers, but if used on a weaker, more defensive mon, that chip really starts to rack up. Autumn being immune does wonders for it offensively, as well.

Name: Sunburn
Effect: The affected Pokemon loses 1/16 of their max health at the end of each turn. This amount increases by 1/16 each time it takes direct damage. Summer and Night are immune.
Explanation: Finally, the Toxic replacement. Worse overall effect is balanced by the effect staying on switch-out, making it extremely dangerous when paired with strong attackers. Also imagine getting slapped while you're sunburnt.

Last edited:
Name: Sleep
Effect: Target is asleep and cannot act for 3 turns, including the turn afflicted. Pokémon that are asleep instantly wake up after being attacked by a move.
Explanation: Sleep but adjusted so it's no longer rng and more balanced with more counterplay in switching into an attack.

Name: Polluted
Effect: Pokémon afflicted lose 1/8 of their max hp, rounded down, at the end of every turn. (Poison effect) Man-Made Pokémon are immune.
Explanation: Poison is always a nice status to have to make walls be able to go down easier. I noticed a lot of the typings were based on nature as well, so I felt polluted would be a fitting name. Mand-Made Pokémon would be heavily associated with this type as humans are the main culprits of pollution.

Name: Severely Polluted
Effect: Same effect as badly poisoned
Explanation: See Polluted

Name: Despair
Effect: Pokémon afflicted have all their stats multiplied by 0.75 except for accuracy, attack, and special attack.
Explanation: Being despaired is losing all hope, and despaired Pokémon will be weak and lose motivation to battle at their best. A very strong effect for wallbreakers as support can help them will weaken their targets. Effect goes away after user is hit by a serenity move, or after 4 turns including the turn afflicted. This status will be most associated with folklore.

Name: Freezing
Effect: Pokémon afflicted will have their speed halved and take double pp when using a move. Winter is immune.
Explanation: In the winter description it states how winter Pokémon abuse debuffs and status so I felt it'd be wrong leaving a winter-related status out. A strong stall breaking status as it limits the targets moves. Halving speed also makes it strong against offensive teams, so this status will be pretty handy to have.

Name: Sunburn
Effect: Pokemon afflicted take 1.5x damage from summer type moves and have their physical attack halved. Summer type is immune.
Explanation: Burn from Pokemon while replacing chip for a more powerful offensive tool for summer teams.

Name: Seasick
Effect: Pokemon afflicted will lose 1/12 of their max hp after using an attacking move (not a status moves), or after being attacked. Sea type is immune.
Explanation: A more defensive status that punishes Pokémon for attacking which can be useful to make wallbreakers thinking twice about attacking to not be worn down too quickly. Can also be used offensively to get some extra chip on walls who dare switch in. This status should probably be more a secondary effect, not a move that can set it. Sea type will obviously be the most associated.

Name: Polluted
Effect: Pokémon afflicted lose 1/8 of their max hp, rounded down, at the end of every turn. (Poison effect) Man-Made Pokémon are immune.
Explanation: Poison is always a nice status to have to make walls be able to go down easier. I noticed a lot of the typings were based on nature as well, so I felt polluted would be a fitting name. Mand-Made Pokémon would be heavily associated with this type as humans are the main culprits of pollution.

Name: Severely Polluted
Effect: Same effect as badly poisoned
Explanation: See Polluted
Name: (Heavy) Pollution
Effect: Deals 1/16th damage every turn. If Heavy, damage doubles each turn. Manmade is immune.
Explanation: Manmade moves are more likely to have this as a status. Humans are well known for polluting the land. Acts like poison/bad poison.
the virgin pollution vs the chad cancer

how does a creature even become polluted does a sdinky fard cloud float around their head or something

DuoM2

whao
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
ok changed but wouldn't breathing in pollutants give you cancer anyway
I'm really just against something being named after a specific, widespread illness. I'm sure at least a few members of this community have had a close friend or relative dealing with it, and it's just not something I'd want as a part of this mod. Could easily put a lot of unpleasant thoughts into a project that's supposed to be a hobby for people, and I'm sure they don't want to think about something like this if they're spending their free time on this mod. Judging by the reacts to both my response and your initial submission post, I'm sure others agree with me or at least feel similar.

The name you gave of ARS fixes this issue but I had to look up what you meant by that and I personally think you'd be better off naming it "Radiation" or something similar, but this is starting to get off track. If you'd like to continue this conversation, or if you have any other complaints, feel free to DM me or send a message to my wall. Thank you!

Mossy Sandwich

Gunning for the top
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Congrats Gravity! I like the chart, but I do think it seems a bit difficult to mix types Summer and Winter, though it's probably not impossible. Anyway the most interesting part for me begins here so let's go. I made sure to exclude random element and give each status an immunity through typing to make sure viable and consistent counterplay exists. They're also generally similar to already existing status effects since those are pretty good and I wanna conserve some solid bases.

Name: Seasick
Effect: The pokemon's special attacks deal 0.67x damage. The user takes 1/16 of its health in damage if it uses an attacking move. Sea types are immune.
Explanation: This is kind of a nerfed special burn. The damage reduction is still there, but is more like -1 attack instead of -2 so a pokemon affected by it don't suddenly hit like a wet noodle. It also has a chip effect that doesn't activate as often, but it's just meant to be a small effect to actually handicap physical attacking mons hit by the status.

Name: Madness
Effect: The pokemon's attack and special attack deal 1.5x damage, but they take 1.5x damage. Serenity types are immune.
Explanation: This is a move that should be spread carefully and shouldn't be the secondary effect of a move, so kinda like sleep. Anyway the idea for the status is that using it can be a double-edged sword. If you hit it on a passive defensive pokemon, it will become much easier to break through, though it will also be a bit more difficult to switch into. However, if you end up hitting an offensive pokemon, you now have to deal with an incredibly powerful wallbreaker. You can also just counter it with a Serenity type, which is the best defensive type in the game btw, so it shouldn't be overwhelming.

Name: Hypothermia
Effect: The pokemon's speed is 0.5x and it takes 1/16 of its health in damage at the end of each turn. Winter types are immune.
Explanation: Some kind of speed control status is always cool as it works well to support offensive mons. This is basically paralysis, but with the random full paralysis effect replaced by a little bit of chip to make counterplay consistent.

Name: Heatstroke
Effect: The pokemon loses 1/16 of its health in damage at the end of each turn. This damages increases by another 1/16 each turn. Summer types are immune.
Explanation: This is literally just Toxic. It felt important to have something like it since it's a pretty common way for defensive mons to make progress as well as for offensive mons with mediocre coverage. It may not be original, but the concept works.

Name: Frozen
Effect: SpD is cut by 33%, deals 6.25% damage at the end of each turn - Lasts 5 turns. - Summer pokemon are immune
Reasoning: Primarily crippling to defensive pokemon, although it would also be quite inconvenient to anything wanting to set up. Frozen is associated with Winter type, which GM mentioned uses stat debuffs. It also fits with the type's offensive nature.

Name: Soaked
Effect: STAB bonus is disabled - Lasts 5 turns - Sea pokemon are immune
Reasoning: A support-oriented status that cripple an attacker or secure a sweep by crippling the answer to one of your pokemon. It is associated with the Sea type, but could potentially be used by Sky, Storm, or even Earth pokemon. Sea is a defensive type that's mentioned as potentially passive, so I think this fits.

Name: Exhausted
Effect: Speed is cut by 50%. PP usage increased by 1 - Winter pokemon are immune
Reasoning: Very Similar to Paralysis, a way to cripple offensive pokemon and mess with stalling tactics. GM mentioned Autumn as a type favoring status, so this is a status for them. He mentioned life drain moves, so something like "Energy Drain" could work.

Name: Corrupted
Effect: 12.5% damage at the end of each turn. Unlimited additional stacks of this status can be inflicted, adding 12.5% to the damage each time. The stacks reset when the pokemon switches out - Serenity and Earth pokemon are immune
Reasoning: Very similar to Poison/Toxic. It is associated with Manmade, though it's easy to imagine other types inflicting it. Serenity seems to be the universal defensive type, so it being immune to the primary passive damage-dealing status is fitting.

Name: Cursed
Effect: 6.25% damage at the end of each turn, and ability is supressed - lasts 5 turns - Manmade pokemon are immune
Reasoning: Varyingly crippling depending on the pokemon's ability. Associated with Folklore type.

Last edited:

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist
Explanations are still a WIP

Sunburn
Effect: The pokemon takes 1.25x damage from moves. Summer pokemon are immune.
Explanation: Sunburns make you hurt when you take damage! A status thats more useful as a secondary effect from moves to apply pressure to bulky mons.

Chill
Effect: The pokemon's speed is halved. Winter pokemon are immune.
Explanation: The twave equivalent.

Curse
Effect: The pokemon loses x/16th of its total health at the end of each turn, x being the amount of turn it's been on the field. Folklore pokemon are immune.
Explanation: The Toxic exquivalent.

Fear
Effect: The pokemon loses a stage in its highest offensive stat at the end of each turn (factors in boosts).
Explanation: The burn stand-in, which also hurts special attackers. It's not particularly useful on pivots but it hurts sweepers a ton.

Poison
Effect
: The pokemon loses 1/8th of its total health at the end of each turn. Man-made pokemon are immune.
Explanation: Normal poison from pokemon. Good status for secondary effects, not so much when inflicted manually.

Sleep
Effect
: The pokemon is prevented from making a move for 2 turns. Night pokemon are immune.
Explanation: This status is still a thing so moves like Yawn and Rest can still exists (rather than Spore and friends).

Last edited:
Did a status for each season, plus one for manmade. I chose immunities specifically to strengthen weaker typings, to give them more reason to be considered in the builder.

Gloom - Halves spatk and does 1/16th HP of damage at the end of every turn. Summer-types are immune.
A defensive option that also deals chip damage. Makes Summer-types a safer offensive option, and also gives them a possible opportunity to switchin. Moves causing gloom would likely be winter, sky, night, storm, or folklore type- moves that target the opponent’s mental state or make things seem darker.

Blight - Halves the effects of healing and does 1/16th HP of damage at the end of every turn. Autumn-types are immune.
An anti-stall measure, preventing Pokemon from healing and doing some chip damage. Makes Autumn-types stronger as a defensive type to balance out their weak offenses. Blight represents an infestation or illness befalling a creature- mushroom or insect-based Autumn creatures might affect others with this status, or folklore types that cause illness. Any time the pokemon's health would be restored, whether by an item, move, field effect, or ability, that number is cut in half.

Frostbite - This Pokemon always moves last in its priority bracket. Winter-types are immune.
This status provides valuable speed control without an RNG aspect. It offers Winter-types a possible opportunity to switchin they otherwise lacked, and makes them more potent offensively. This status is mainly inflicted by Winter, night, sea, and sky types- ones that involve coldness.

Nausea - This Pokemon’s ability is suppressed for 5 turns. Spring-types are immune.
This status is incredibly potent, and different from any status effect in the base game. It has incomparable effectiveness in some matchups, and much less in others. The value of this status will of course be determined by how strong abilities are. Many different types could cause this effect- sea causing seasickness, spring causing hay fever, summer causing heatstroke, etc. A "turn" in this case is counted every time a pokemon uses a move, just like sleep.

Beguiled - Reduces def & spdef by 1/3. Manmade-types are immune.
An offensive status, that allows supportive Pokemon to take advantage of free turns to boost their partners’ damage output. Gives the Manmade typing a niche, which before it severely lacked. This status would most likely be used by types with magical flavor that may confuse or enchant their opponents- folklore and serenity types to name a few.

Bewitched (stronger form of Beguiled) - Reduces def & spdef increasing every turn. Starts with 1/5, then 1/4, then 1/3, then 1/2, then 2/3, then 3/4, then 4/5. Manmade-types are immune.
This is a stronger form of Beguiled, mirroring toxic and regular poison. This status effect prevents Pokemon from staying in almost entirely, as after a few turns their defenses become paper thin.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
6 Status inflictions.

Submerged - Inflicted Pokemon's speed are quartered and takes x1.5 damage from Sea moves. Sea types are immune.

Speed based infliction, similar to Paralysis from standard. Instead of having a chance to cause immobolization, it helps props up the weak offensive typing of Sea.

Withered - Healing moves and items are halved in effectiveness and the Defense and Special Defense of the inflicted is lowered by 30%. Autumn and Man-Made Pokemon are immune.

A stallbreaking status, and can be one that Autumn and even Winter Pokemon can utilize.

Petrified - This Pokemon cannot move for three turns, including the turn it is inflicted. User is freed from Petrification if hit by a Spring or Summer move. Earth types are immune.

The closest approximate to sleep / freeze in this metagame, Petrify is a powerful status, but it luckily has a built in means of breaking out of it, relying on being hit by certain types, giving it interesting counterplay.

Chilled - This Pokémon loses 1/8th of it's max HP at the end of each turn and its attacks are at ×0.75 of their power. Winter and Summer Pokémon are immune.

Burn equivalent. Being chilled lowers your health and if you are too cold you are less likely to fight at full strength. Winter mons are immune because you can't chill Ice, and Summer based mons are generally warm enough to ward of being chilled + people like eating chilled stuff during summer.

Frenzied - Pokemon has it's physical attacks boosted by 30%, but damages itself for 1/6th of its max HP everytime it uses a physical move and takes 30% more damage from physical attacks in return. Wears off after 5 turns. Serenity types are immune.

A status worthy of Storm, it can be seen as a somewhat beneficial status with specific drawbacks, perfect for the risk-reward aspect of Storm.

Hope these are cool.

Last edited:
" The Pokemon started withering—
The Pokemon withered away ! "

Name: Wither
Effect: 1/16 of max HP is lost at the end of each turn. Serenity types are immune.
Explanation:
The Autumn and Winter type is said to be equipped with set-ups, i.e status, so I started from there. Wither is basically your average Poison/Burn without the halved attack.

For Serenity being immune, i'll just quote this.
"Serenity stays unwavering against of the passage of time."

" The Pokemon turned into a straw doll,
it's attacks are now weaker ! "

Name: Straw Doll
Effect: Attack is lowered by 50%
Explanation:
I decided to look up for Japanese Kigo since that's the inspiration of the chart, and scarecrow first caught my eye. Though I avoided calling it Scarecrow since yk, it felt wrong and I wanna just see a scarecrow pokemon heehee. But to be honest I saw scarecrow as like an Intimidate stand-in.

" The Pokemon was covered in snow,
it's now slower than usual due to the cold ! "

Name: Frosted
Effect: Speed is lowered by 50%. Winter and Manmade types are immune.
Explanation:
Imo i basically just put in the same status conditions as Pokemon has lmao, tho to be fair the big three are in almost every game. Anyway, casual speed down, with Winter types obviously being immune. Man-made are not affected because they are not affected by mere snow covering their artificial bodies.

" The Pokemon was rewritten ! "
Name: Rewritten
Effect: resistances are ignored, but immunities are not.
Explanation:
Temtem is a fun game
This would be one of the rare status conditions. Man-made types and moves of that type would be able to apply this status onto others. funfact, i chose the name Rewritten because i first thought of how Folklore would possibly not be the same if the story is told a different way.

" The Pokemon fell in love !
The Pokemon was broken-hearted...
The Pokemon painfully spitted out petals ! "

Name: Hanahaki
Effect: Pokemon afflicted with this cannot use moves 40% of the time against the Pokemon who inflicted this status. If it's hit by the Pokemon who inflicted the status, it spits out petals that deals 3/16 of it's HP and the status disappears.
Explanation:
second rare status. i'm on my craze with Hanahaki AUs so aha— if this seems too hard to code, i can simply remove this so feel free to tell me!

i'd also like to share this dictionary of kigo words, as it could be of use for future reference, feel free to use it!
https://web.archive.org/web/2005040...irginia.edu/japanese/haiku/saijiki/brief.html

Bloopyghost

guging
is a Pre-Contributor
i uh
i made a lot of these

Illness
Effect: Ill Pokémon take damage equal to 1/8 of their maximum HP at the end of each turn. Spring and Man-made-types are immune.

(The message “<name> is hurt by its illness!” is displayed at the end of each turn for each ill Pokémon.)
Explanation: One of these had to be just poison. Most commonly used by Spring-types due to their defensive playstyle and because spring allergies. Could also make sense coming from Night and Folklore-types. Man-made-types are immune because they have no immune systems to get whacked up with.

Swelter
Effect: Sweltered Pokémon take damage at the end of each turn. The amount of damage inflicted depends on the effectiveness of Summer on the sweltered Pokémon. Sweltered Pokémon also have their Attack reduced by 1/3. Summer-types are immune.
Type effectivenessDamage (Max. HP)
0.25×/0.5x3.125%
6.25%
12.5%
25%
(The message “<name> was hurt from being too hot!” is displayed at the end of each turn for each sweltered Pokémon.)
Explanation: Adaptation of burn. Damage works similarly to Stealth Rock just to make it more interesting.

Hunger
Effect: Hungry Pokémon take damage equal to 1/16 of their maximum HP at the end of each turn. HP restoration is also reduced by 1/2 for hungry Pokémon. Autumn and Folklore-types are immune.

(The message “<name> is hurt by pangs of hunger!” is displayed at the end of each turn for each hungry Pokémon.)
Explanation: Weaker poison, but also weakens healing. Since Autumn is the season of harvest and Autumn-type utilizes life-steal, this status is Autumn's domain. Excellent to use against defensive foes, helping offensive mons break past fat mons. Folklore-types are immune because they are mystical creatures beyond the mortal realm.

Frostbite
Effect:
Frostbitten Pokémon take damage at the end of each turn. The amount of damage inflicted depends on the effectiveness of Winter on the frostbitten Pokémon. Frostbitten Pokémon also have their Speed reduced by 1/3. Winter-types are immune.
0.25×/0.5x3.125%
6.25%
12.5%
25%
(The message “<name> was hurt by its frostbite!” is displayed at the end of each turn for each frostbitten Pokémon.)
Explanation: Winter version of swelter. This is the closest equivalent to paralysis, best used to cripple offensive threats.

Seasick
Effect:
Seasick Pokémon take damage at the end of each turn. The amount of damage inflicted depends on the effectiveness of Sea on the seasick Pokémon. Seasick Pokémon also have their Sp. Attack reduced by 1/3. Sea-types are immune.
0.25×/0.5x3.125%
6.25%
12.5%
25%
(The message “<name> was hurt by its seasickness!” is displayed at the end of each turn for each seasick Pokémon.)
Explanation: Hey, a status that lowers Sp. Attack! Despite the name, I imagine this status being more water-themed than illness-themed, so Sky-types and maybe even Spring and Summer-types can use this as well.

Petrify
Effect:
Petrified Pokémon are unable to move. Wears off after 2 turns or immediately if the Pokémon is dealt damage more than or equal to 1/3 of its maximum HP. Switching does not count towards turns to wear off petrification. Earth-type attacks do not cause petrification to wear off. If an ungrounded Pokémon is afflicted with petrify, the Pokémon will be grounded for the duration of the status condition. Earth-types are immune.

(The message “<name> is encased in stone!” is displayed at the end of each turn for each petrified Pokémon. The message “<name> broke free from petrification!” is displayed when petrification wears off.)
Explanation: The closest equivalent to sleep/freeze, but one that should be a lot more manageable. Earth-types can hit petrified mons without fear of freeing them, bolstering their damage capabilities. A status that brings floating mons to the ground could have some very cool uses too.

Winded
Effect: Winded Pokémon are unable to switch-out of battle. Wears off after 2 turns. Sky-type attacks bypass accuracy checks and ignore all forms of protection (i.e. equivalents to Protect or Substitute) on winded Pokémon. Sky-types are immune.

(The message “<name> is too winded to escape!” is displayed when attempting to switch-out a winded Pokémon. The message “<name> is no longer winded!” is displayed when winded wears off.)
Explanation: A status that induces trapping could have many applications, and works well on Sky-types as their modus operandi is pivoting around to gain momentum. Winter would definitely have access to this as well.

Daze
Effect:
Attacks directed at dazed Pokémon will always be critical hits, even if the Pokemon is normally immune to critical hits. Wears off after 2 turns or if the Pokémon is struck by 3 attacks total. Switching does not count towards turns to wear off daze. Night-types are immune.

(The message “<name> was caught off-guard in its daze!” is displayed when a dazed Pokémon is attacked. The message “<name> snapped out of its daze!” is displayed when daze wears off.)
Explanation: Night-types are about playing dirty, so here's a status that's about striking the opponent when they're least wary. Could be very cool with mons that gain benefits from critical hits. Earth-types would probably get this too, cause rock bonk noodle.

Frenzy
Effect:
The damage dealt from attacks by frenzied Pokémon is multiplied by 1.4, but the damage taken by frenzied Pokémon is also increased by 1.4. Wears off after 4 turns. Switching does not count towards turns to wear off frenzy. Serenity-types are immune.

(The message “<name> is whipped into a frenzy!” is displayed when frenzy is afflicted on a Pokémon. The message “<name> calmed down.” is displayed when frenzy wears off.)
Explanation: A status condition that's a double-edged sword, fitting in with Storm's high-risk, high-reward playstyle. There would be just as many moves that apply frenzy on the user as there would moves that apply it on the opponent. Also an interesting way of breaking past fat mons.

Cheer
Effect:
Cheerful Pokémon cannot have their stats lowered by other Pokémon. Self-inflicted stat reductions are not prevented. Wears off after 3 turns. Switching does not count towards turns to wear off cheer. Storm-types are immune.

(The message “<name> is too upbeat to be weakened!” is displayed when a cheerful Pokémon's stats try to be lowered. The message “<name> calmed down.” is displayed when cheer wears off.)
Explanation: The only positive status condition. This is a condition the user applies on themselves, mainly to prevent being hit with another status. Most common on Spring-types, though Summer-types would use this as well. Storm is immune because they only think angry and it's one more thing that makes Storm-types harder to use.

Last edited:

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
Dry & Dehydration
Effect (Dry): Dried Pokemon take damage equal to 1/16 of their maximum HP at the end of each turn, and have their physical damage multiplied by x2/3. Summer-types and Sea-types are immune.
Effect (Dehydration): Same as above, but the damage dealt to Dehydrated Pokemon is increased by 1/16 each turn, and physical damage is lowered further every turn.
Turns Multiplier
1st turn .666x
2nd turn .50x
3rd turn .4x
4th turn .333x
5th turn .285x
6th turn onwards .25x
These are the same numbers as negative stat changes (-1, -2, etc.)

Competitive Explanation: Dry is a weaker Burn, while Dehydration is a Burn+Toxic mix.
Flavor Explanation: Any living thing needs water to function properly, and even man-made things need stuff like hydraulic fluids to work. Summer-types are used to the dryness and heat, while the Sea is so vast it can't be dried up, neither can things living in it. (I could see a "Fish Out Of Water" ability similar to Corrosion being made, to apply Dry/Dehydration to Sea-types).

Shed
Effect: Shedding Pokemon have their Defense and Special Defense multiplied by x2/3, except Autumn-type Pokemon, who become immune to Winter-type damage with this status. Man-made-types are immune.
Competitive Explanation: This bulk-lowering status should hopefully be balanced by the offense-lowering status and vice versa. Autumn-types offer some interesting counterplay to Shedding also, being buffed by it.
Flavor Explanation: Shedding leaves when it's not autumn = plant is usually sick/vulnerable. Shedding animals = less coating, leaves them vulnerable. Shedding leaves in autumn = literally how deciduous plants in autumn prepare to survive winter. Man-made types are immune because they aren't designed to shed.

Sweet
Effect
: Sweetened Pokemon have their Evasion lowered by half, and Spring-type moves deal x1.5 damage to Sweetened Pokemon. Spring-types are immune.
Competitive Explanation: Anti-RNG status, it should enable some cool archetypes that abuse lower accuracy moves. Spring-type is meant to be "more of a utility-based type rather than a purely offensive one" and I think this fits the bill.
Flavor Explanation: Sweet Scent in status form, basically. Sweetened things have a target on their back, since most animals will want to eat them, especially pollen- and fruit-eating animals in spring. Spring-types are already related to flowers and such, so they can't be sweetened even further.

Chill
Effect
: Chilled Pokémon have their Speed reduced by x1/2. Winter-types are immune.
Competitive Explanation: Thunder Wave equivalent.
Flavor Explanation: Pretty self explanatory, especially with Winter being described as a debuff type. I wanted to do a status for every season, but couldn't come up with something more creative.

Bewilder
Effect: If a Bewildered Pokemon tries to move for two turns in a row, it will be bewildered and fail to move. On the turns it can move, its special damage is multiplied by x2/3. This status lasts for 5 turns. Folklore-types are immune.
Competitive Explanation: Kinda a Truant in status form. If you decide to stay in, you waste 2 turns, about the same as Sleep. However, unlike Sleep, you can move in between the fail turns. You could always switch out after attacking, too.
Flavor Explanation: Kinda the same flavor as Confusion/Torment, but the target is given mystical revelations. Folklore-types are immune because they're the most related to the supernatural (and thus the most knowledgeable about it).

Taint
Effect: Tainted Pokemon lose their STAB damage bonus. Earth-types and Night-types are immune.
Competitive Explanation: An annoyance to all offensive Pokemon.
Flavor Explanation: Tainted flavor is like the move Soak but for, well, dirtying instead of soaking. The effects fit Night-type's description of "making impact on the game without necessarily dropping the HP of opponent pokemon." Earth-type is already literally dirty, while Night-type is figuratively dirty, so they're both immune.

Name: Rage (Enraged) RGE
Type: Storm
Immune Type: Serenity
Effect: Physical moves have 33% recoil (like Wood Hammer). Storm types afflicted with rage have the power of said moves boosted by 1.1x.
Reasoning: Like Burn, it is meant to cripple physical attackers. Unlike Burn, it doesn't make physical attacks completely useless, only makes them a bit riskier to use.

Name: Seasickness (Seasick) CSK
Type: Sea
Immune Type: Sea
Effect: At the end of each turn, the Pokémon takes some damage decreased by 4%. (Turn 1 20%; Turn 2 16% ... Turn 5 4%, Turn 6 0%) At the end of the turn where it would take 0%, the Pokémon is cured of the status instead. When switching in, it takes -1 turn of damage (Ex. if it switches out on the turn it would take 4%, it takes 8% on the turn it switches back in).
Reasoning: Lots of people get seasick, but many get used to the rocking after some time. It is meant to be a sort of reverse toxic hurting Pokémon that are meant to switch in and out a lot, and having less effect on defensive Pokémon that stay in on the field a lot.

Name: Root (Rooted) ROT
Type: Spring
Immune Type: Sky
Effect: Speed is decreased by 75%. The Pokémon can only be switched out manually and cannot use priority attacks. (Pivot moves will still work, they just wont switch out).
Reasoning: Roots come out of the ground and hold the Pokémon in place. This status is meant to slow down the pace of the game by preventing your opponent from moving first most of the time.

Name: Sleep (Asleep) SLP
Type: Typeless
Immune Type: None
Effect: Identical to current sleep, however, the afflicted Pokémon recovers 20% of its total health at the end of each turn while asleep.
Reasoning: Sleep has historically been a controversial status effect, however, with the addition of healing, the afflicted Pokémon will now have something to benefit it while it waits till it wakes up.

Name: Decay (Decaying) DCY
Type: Typeless
Immune Type: Manmade
Effect: At the end of each turn, a random stat (not acc/eva) gets lowered by 1 stage.
Reasoning: Very similar to Toxic, as the status gets worse the longer the Pokémon stays in. However, because the stat lowered is random, it may not always drop an important stat. (Ex. A physical attacker getting SpA dropped on a turn is not detrimental).

Last edited:

Ema Skye

Work!
Tried to remove the RNG effects because that's lame. Also tried to keep things familiar to normal mons in terms of the overall objective of the status.

Name: Curse
Effect: This Pokemon cannot have its health restored.
Explanation: Poison, but inverted. Instead of slowly losing health, you can't gain more. Has the same looming threat of 'you are going to die', while also impacting recovery moves, items and abilities.

Name: Fear
Effect: This Pokemon's Atk/Def are halved.
Explanation: Boosted burn without the HP reduction. The additional stat drop opens up new ways to use the status condition.

Name: Numb
Effect: Afflicted Pokemon cannot move for 3 turns, but restores 1/8th of its health each turn.
Explanation: Sorta like Sleep/Freeze (with a timer!), but there's some benefit to getting the status with an overall 3/8ths HP recovery.

Name: Clumsy
Effect: This Pokemon's item is disabled.
Explanation: Wanted another status that doesn't play with stats, and Jace stole my ability-neutralizing one. Definitely not as powerful as that, but you know how powerful this is if you've played any Concussion mons in FELT.

Name: Stun
Effect: This Pokemon cannot attack a Pokemon that already attacked it that turn.
Explanation: Effect incentivizes speed but doesn't prevent a way of manipulating speed stats. Doesn't prevent moves that target the user.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)