EXTREME Tier Shift

I'm gonna list off some unmentioned pokes
1. Archeops. This is probably the best of the uber-stat-pokemon-with-terrible-abilities.
2. Mega Glalie. Dem Explosions doe.
3. Eelectross. 105/100/100 defenses, 135 attack, and no weaknesses? I'm in!
4. Probopass. The walliest wall in the history of walls. Sucks about the two 4x weaknesses.
5. Dusclops. Forget the above, this is the walliest. It's not even 4x weak to anything!
6. Ditto. NU/PU pokes viable in normal tier shift, are probably still viable here. Ditto will not be an exception!
7. Malamar. Because screw logic.
8. Steelix. When I said Dusclops was the walliest, I meant mixed bulk. This thing basically takes Metang's pokedex to heart, not even a plane crash would stop it.

6. Ditto. NU/PU pokes viable in normal tier shift, are probably still viable here. Ditto will not be an exception!
Does the stat buff really matter in Ditto's case, though?

2. Mega Glalie. Dem Explosions doe.
In fact, I just calced it; with an Adamant nature, Mega Glalie's Explosion can OHKO Lugia through Multiscale. How's that for power?

8. Steelix. When I said Dusclops was the walliest, I meant mixed bulk. This thing basically takes Metang's pokedex to heart, not even a plane crash would stop it.
I'd go for Mega Steelix instead. They get the same boosts since they're both RU.

Also, to keep this thread going, here's a few more examples of NFEs that outclass their evolutions:

100/75/78/90/95/65 vs. 95/70/73/95/90/60

Unquestionably superior. It's bulkier even without Eviolite, and it's slightly faster, just to add insult to injury. The only downside is that it has slightly less SpA, which doesn't really matter in the long run
I AM A DUMBASS PLEASE JUST IGNORE ALL THIS PLEASE DISREGARD PLEASE DISREGARD

100/50/80/50/80/70 vs. 100/50/80/60/80/50

Oddly enough, they're almost identical stat-wise. Marill can hold Eviolite, though, so it's effectively bulkier, and it's quite a bit faster. Azumarill has a higher SpA stat, but who tf runs Special Azumarill anyway? Point goes to Marill.

92/103/85/86/82/114 vs. 78/81/71/74/69/126

This one is more... debatable. Yes, Fletchinder is both stronger and bulkier than its evolution, but Talonflame is faster, and Talonflame's blazing speed is part of what makes it such a powerful threat in standard play. Then again, Gale Wings gives it priority on all its Flying moves anyway, so... IDK. Your call.

85/70/115/110/135/70 vs. 85/50/95/120/115/80

This one is, again, debatable. Togetic is much, much bulkier, but Togekiss is both stronger and faster, which makes it more useful if you're running a Scarf set. On Stall, though, Togetic is undoubtedly the better choice.

Also, I think it's worth taking a look at Murkrow...

90/115/72/115/72/121
I don't think it's worth comparing it to Honchkrow, because they're invariably going to be fulfilling two different roles. Honchkrow has better Attack, complemented by its ability, Moxie, so it's a natural sweeper. But it seems like Murkrow, despite its exceptional offensive stats, will be more comfortable as a bulky support mon. It's actually surprisingly bulky, with an Eviolite equipped. Look at this:

252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Murkrow: 212-252 (55.2 - 65.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

It also has Prankster Feather Dance, Confide and Roost to bolster its survivability, as well as a plethora of support options, including Taunt, Haze, Tailwind, Defog and Thunder Wave. It may lack the bulk of its cousin Vullaby, but it can still put in work.

Last edited:

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

This one is more... debatable. Yes, Fletchinder is both stronger and bulkier than its evolution, but Talonflame is faster, and Talonflame's blazing speed is part of what makes it such a powerful threat in standard play. Then again, Gale Wings gives it priority on all its Flying moves anyway, so... IDK. Your call.
Talonflame also has Brave Bird and Flare Blitz an option it can run, but not that it makes much difference when Fletchinder has 22 more base attack and 12 more SpA behind its Overheat than Talonflame can. You're better off with Fletchinder IMO (which makes me happy because I like Fletchinder more :toast:), but like u said its debatable.

Last edited:
Talonflame also has Brave Bird and Flare Blitz an option it can run, but not that it makes much difference when Fletchinder has 22 more base attack and 12 more SpA behind its Overheat than Talonflame can. Generally, you're better off with Fletchinder (which makes me happy because I like Fletchinder more :toast:)
Fletchinder can't learn Brave Bird? Huh. Didn't know that.

I guess the downside to that is that the best priority STAB move you have with Fletchinder is Acrobatics, and you have to forgo Eviolite if you want to use that. Otherwise your only options are Fly (lol) and Aerial Ace.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Fletchinder can't learn Brave Bird? Huh. Didn't know that.

I guess the downside to that is that the best priority STAB move you have with Fletchinder is Acrobatics, and you have to forgo Eviolite if you want to use that. Otherwise your only options are Fly (lol) and Aerial Ace.
Acrobatics is fine. It would like Eviolite, but the boost to Acrobatics more than makes up for that.

Acrobatics is fine. It would like Eviolite, but the boost to Acrobatics more than makes up for that.
252+ Atk Sharp Beak Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 189-223 (55.4 - 65.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 235-277 (68.9 - 81.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Fletchinder Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 169-199 (49.5 - 58.3%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO

You can say acrobatics is fine but when you compare it to talon, who can run a boosting item, it's a prey significant difference in damage.

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
252+ Atk Sharp Beak Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 189-223 (55.4 - 65.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 235-277 (68.9 - 81.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Fletchinder Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 169-199 (49.5 - 58.3%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO

You can say acrobatics is fine but when you compare it to talon, who can run a boosting item, it's a prey significant difference in damage.
But the other thing Fletch can do is run a Sub/Liechi set. When it Subs down to 1/4, it gets the Liechi boost (aka +1 or Choice Band) and then it hits harder with Acrobatics than Band Talon does with Brave Bird.

But the other thing Fletch can do is run a Sub/Liechi set. When it Subs down to 1/4, it gets the Liechi boost (aka +1 or Choice Band) and then it hits harder with Acrobatics than Band Talon does with Brave Bird.
Yeah but, you can't do that consistently throughout a game like talonflame can be doing with band. You have to stay in to keep that +1 boost which isnt going to sweep or anything so idk why you would want to run sub liechi.

But for an sd set, fletch is probably still solid cause of it's better bulk

NabboCheTesta

Gniubbo come sempre
In my opinion, we should not focus on talonburds when rhydons will run about, not counting they hit like a wet tissue whatsoever in a tier like this.
( also Talon is not viable in 00bers di per se )

Last edited:
Does the stat buff really matter in Ditto's case, though?

In fact, I just calced it; with an Adamant nature, Mega Glalie's Explosion can OHKO Lugia through Multiscale. How's that for power?

I'd go for Mega Steelix instead. They get the same boosts since they're both RU.

Also, to keep this thread going, here's a few more examples of NFEs that outclass their evolutions:

100/75/78/90/95/65 vs. 95/70/73/95/90/60

Unquestionably superior. It's bulkier even without Eviolite, and it's slightly faster, just to add insult to injury. The only downside is that it has slightly less SpA, which doesn't really matter in the long run.

100/50/80/50/80/70 vs. 100/50/80/60/80/50

Oddly enough, they're almost identical stat-wise. Marill can hold Eviolite, though, so it's effectively bulkier, and it's quite a bit faster. Azumarill has a higher SpA stat, but who tf runs Special Azumarill anyway? Point goes to Marill.

85/70/115/110/135/70 vs. 85/50/95/120/115/80

This one is, again, debatable. Togetic is much, much bulkier, but Togekiss is both stronger and faster, which makes it more useful if you're running a Scarf set. On Stall, though, Togetic is undoubtedly the better choice.

Also, I think it's worth taking a look at Murkrow...

90/115/72/115/72/121
I don't think it's worth comparing it to Honchkrow, because they're invariably going to be fulfilling two different roles. Honchkrow has better Attack, complemented by its ability, Moxie, so it's a natural sweeper. But it seems like Murkrow, despite its exceptional offensive stats, will be more comfortable as a bulky support mon. It's actually surprisingly bulky, with an Eviolite equipped. Look at this:

252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Murkrow: 212-252 (55.2 - 65.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

It also has Prankster Feather Dance, Confide and Roost to bolster its survivability, as well as a plethora of support options, including Taunt, Haze, Tailwind, Defog and Thunder Wave. It may lack the bulk of its cousin Vullaby, but it can still put in work.
I'm sorry, but what? Clefairy doesn't have unaware.

Duosion vs Reuniclus
95/70/80/155/90/60 VS 120/75/85/135/95/40

Duosion's higher special attack can help in some situations, but Reuniclus is overall more bulky and more dependable with higher HP

Haunter vs Gengar
65/70/65/135/75/125 VS 60/65/60/130/75/110

Haunter is superior to Gengar in every stat, and both share the same movepool besides focus blast, so you wont be missing out on anything if you use Haunter over Gengar

Fraxure vs Haxorus
96/147/100/70/80/97 VS 86/157/80/70/80/107

96/100/80 defenses is much better than 86/80/80, so Fraxure might be able to run a bulky DD set with eviolite, but Haxorus can still break walls with that extraordinary 157 attack

Electabuzz vs Electivire
95/113/87/125/115/135 VS 105/153/97/125/115/125

Electabuzz is garbage compared to Electivire

Last edited:

NabboCheTesta

Gniubbo come sempre
Servine: 90 / 90 / 105 / 90 / 105 / 113
Serperior: 75 / 75 / 95 / 75 / 95 / 113

No Dpulse tho. Too bad, because it had actual bulk and some power.

On another note, I feel like we are theorymonning too much.

Last edited:
Reactions: EV
DONT forget the weak PU and NFE mons.

Pikachu @ Light Ball
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Volt Tackle
- Knock Off
- Nuzzle

Stats after the boost: 65/85/70/80/80/120
Are you kidding me? A Pikachu with 590 max attack? thats more than a fuckin Mega Mewtwo X.
And those moves like Fake Out, Valt Tackle, Knock Off, and Nuzzle. Take that, you ubers.

Marowak @ Thick Club
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 Atk / 6 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Belly Drum/Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

Stats after boost: 90/110/140/80/110/75
So now , the time has come, to say 'B-bye!' to those Mega Mawiles and Mega Mewtwo Xs. This guy, with a 700 Max Attack after the tier boost and Thick Club boost, can HURT. So beware. this guy is kinda bulky too, withh a 140 base defense and a 110 base special defense, so it can easily set up a Swords Dance or Belly Drum. Yes, I said Belly Drum. Marowak learns Belly Drum.

Clamperl @ DeepSeaTooth
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Ice Beam
- Surf/Scald/Brine
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Stats after boost: 65/94/115/104/85/62
It might seem a bad idea to use a LC mon against those ubers, but think again.With 674 Max Special Attack, this guy can hurt as well. What else to say? Its got Shell Smash, Scald, Ice Beam, and the HP Ground for Electric Types.

Dusclops (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp
- Destiny Bond
- Night Shade

Stats after boost: 70/100/170/90/170/55
R.I.P.
Shuckle, Mega Aggron and Mega Steelix. With 723 max defense and max special defense(After eviolite boost and Enhancing nature), this guy proves its bulk. And moves like Pain Split, W-o-W and Night Shade make it worse. It almost wont die, but if it is near to that, do that destiny bond. RESULT: EVIOLITE GOT BANNED OBVIOUSLY.

Conclusion:
Beware Ubers. These Pokemon are a real danger. And this tier is really insane.

Last edited:

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
Going to highlight some threats of my own.

105/155/130/100/110/75
Swift Swim

There is another underrated rain sweeper, having a very odd rock/bug coverage, but it preforms a role similar to the one kabutops does in regular OU. It can Rapid Spin and swords dance, having amazing power behind its attacks. Its still walled by swagsire, but is quite bulky for a powerful sweeper and will have no trouble getting off a Swords Dance.

111/110/149/110/102/128

Cobalion is a great utility mon and glue for offensive teams due to its amazing 111/149/102 bulk, its great defensive typing, and unique offensive typing that allows it to hit a lot of threats. 110 attack is respectable, and with SD, Close combat will hit pretty hard. It has taunt for stallbreaking, magnet rise to get past ground types, thunder wave to paralyze opposing threats, volt switch to gain momentum, and stealth rock for stealth rock. Lots of potential with this one.

125/115/115/95/95/65

Quagsire is the one mon that will not only keep offense in check but nearly invalidate all of it as well. This thing has the bulk to wall half of the tiers physical attackers, and can do so very easily because of unaware. Its utility for stall is unmatched.
252+ Atk Life Orb Kabutops Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Quagsire: 133-157 (29.2 - 34.5%) -- 99.9% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Life Orb Meloetta-P Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Quagsire: 203-239 (44.7 - 52.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
Like seriously, it walls half of the tier comfortably. Its probably a bit broken inof itself, but there is no way we can ban it. Prepare your Mega Gengars, offense.

102/141/139/79/69/91

Speaking of disgusting wallbreakers, meet Tyrantrum. 91 speed is actually a decent benchmark for beating bulkmons, making a banded set pretty viable.
252+ Atk Choice Band Tyrantrum Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Quagsire: 225-265 (49.5 - 58.3%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
YAY! lol. This is a very powerful wallbreaker that can actually 2hko swagsire, a very significant benchmark for offense. Watch out for Head Smash's accuracy.

130/143/85/120/85/85

Another very powerful wallbreaker for offense, unfortunately getting worn down very quickly, is emboar. Reckless Life Orb attacks hit incredibly hard, and its respectable 120 special attack and grass knot allow it to bypass quagsire and rhydon as they switch in.

80/90/125/150/100/100

Magnet pull is a great utility for offense, and Magneton pulls off the role incredibly well. With base 150 attack, it utterly obliterates a ton of common walls and more than pulls its weight when the opponent isn't carrying steel types. Its great 80/125/100 bulk and unique typing allow it to check tons of things for offense despite its common weaknesses, so this is a very useful mon for offense.

Mesprit: 110/135/135/135/135/110

UTILITY. Its got great bulk, respectable attacking stats, but most notably, an extremely deep support movepool with gems such as healing wish, stealth rock, taunt, screens, and much more. Another wonderful glue for HO teams.

105/155/105/60/105/115

Another great wallbreaker with disgusting power. Nothing commonly run on stall walls this easily, close combat destroying many of the major walls. Banded sets are by far the best and are extremely hard for all playstyles to handle, as a result this is a premiere wallbreaker on offense.

100/140/110/85/110/135

What will be one of the most efficient setup sweepers in the meta. Its good 100/110/110 bulk becomes extreme when eviolite is equipped, and its access to reliable recovery and swords dance will make it a great setup mon for offense. Its base 135 speed outpaces the majority of the metagame, and technician boosted +2 aerial aces will destroy a good portion of the metagame. These make it a great offensive cleaner.

108/100/91/80/91/130

Packing respectable 108/91/91 bulk which allows it to belly drum easily, this is a terrifying sweeper, especially for offense, due to its base 100 attack, belly drum, and extreme speed. It has seed bomb for quagsire and rhydon and shadow claw for ghosts which is really all it needs. Needs to be tested, but I have a feeling this thing will be pretty terrifying.

Approved by Eevee General (it's his idea)
View attachment 43501

Have you ever wanted to use Ubers in Tier Shift? Have lower tiered Pokemon face off against the likes of Arceus and Groudon? Is regular Tier Shift not extreme enough for you? Then EXTREME Tier Shift may be the tier for you!

This metagame takes the standard Ubers format but adds one simple rule - all Tier Shift boosts are doubled! If you are unfamiliar with the Tier Shift metagame, here are the rules:

• Pokemon in UU and BL2 get a boost of 10 in each stat
  • Pokemon in RU and BL3 get a boost of 20 in each stat
  • Pokemon in NU and below get a boost of 30 in each stat
  • Pokemon that were previously restricted to 1 HP are no longer restricted if they got a boost to base HP (in other words, Shedinja's boost is intentional)
  • Standard Ubers clauses
  • Mega Pokemon get the boost from the Tier they are in.

And that's all there is to it! These changes, while simple, can make ordinarily low tier Pokemon into very dangerous threats. Take Rhydon and Mega Audino for example:

135/160/150/75/75/70 stats boosted by eviolite? Yes please! Rhydon becomes the epitome of a bulky attacker, with physical bulk surpassing that of Mega Aggron. Mega Audino on the other hand gets shiny new stats of 133/90/156/110/156/80, becoming a mixed wall that surpasses even Giratina in raw bulk. But NU isn't the only tier that becomes relevant...

Would you like to take a STAB Head Smash off of base 141 attack or go up against an Infernape with 114/114/118 attacking stats? Me neither!
Here are some other things to keep in mind. Some Pokemon's base formes are quite a few tiers lower than their megas, which can lead to stuff like this:

(NU +30)
(BL +0)
[98 | 155 | 95 | 95 | 145 | 110] vs [65 | 165 | 95 | 65 | 115 | 110]

Regular Gallade may lack in Attack, but its bulk, holding an item, and ability Justified more than make up for it!
Some NFEs also start to encroach on their evolutions, whether they gain more in stats or just because their bulk is much higher with an Eviolite. Take a look at these:

(NFE +30)
(UU +10)
[95 | 110 | 110 | 89 | 93 | 88] vs [95 | 115 | 110 | 89 | 93 | 88]

Same exact stats except Feraligatr still has 5 more in Attack. However, Croconaw will have a much easier time setting up with an Eviolite, making that difference in Attack not so important when it can get more Dragon Dances under its belt.

The sky is the limit with this new Ubers version of Tier Shift - will Ubers remain as centralizing as they always were, or will lower tiered Pokemon steal all of the action?
WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW! :O Gamefreak, make it happen! :]

this post needs a 'Love" button, not like! :D

Going to highlight some threats of my own.

105/155/130/100/110/75
Swift Swim

There is another underrated rain sweeper, having a very odd rock/bug coverage, but it preforms a role similar to the one kabutops does in regular OU. It can Rapid Spin and swords dance, having amazing power behind its attacks. Its still walled by swagsire, but is quite bulky for a powerful sweeper and will have no trouble getting off a Swords Dance.

111/110/149/110/102/128

Cobalion is a great utility mon and glue for offensive teams due to its amazing 111/149/102 bulk, its great defensive typing, and unique offensive typing that allows it to hit a lot of threats. 110 attack is respectable, and with SD, Close combat will hit pretty hard. It has taunt for stallbreaking, magnet rise to get past ground types, thunder wave to paralyze opposing threats, volt switch to gain momentum, and stealth rock for stealth rock. Lots of potential with this one.

125/115/115/95/95/65

Quagsire is the one mon that will not only keep offense in check but nearly invalidate all of it as well. This thing has the bulk to wall half of the tiers physical attackers, and can do so very easily because of unaware. Its utility for stall is unmatched.
252+ Atk Life Orb Kabutops Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Quagsire: 133-157 (29.2 - 34.5%) -- 99.9% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Life Orb Meloetta-P Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Quagsire: 203-239 (44.7 - 52.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
Like seriously, it walls half of the tier comfortably. Its probably a bit broken inof itself, but there is no way we can ban it. Prepare your Mega Gengars, offense.

102/141/139/79/69/91

Speaking of disgusting wallbreakers, meet Tyrantrum. 91 speed is actually a decent benchmark for beating bulkmons, making a banded set pretty viable.
252+ Atk Choice Band Tyrantrum Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Quagsire: 225-265 (49.5 - 58.3%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
YAY! lol. This is a very powerful wallbreaker that can actually 2hko swagsire, a very significant benchmark for offense. Watch out for Head Smash's accuracy.

130/143/85/120/85/85

Another very powerful wallbreaker for offense, unfortunately getting worn down very quickly, is emboar. Reckless Life Orb attacks hit incredibly hard, and its respectable 120 special attack and grass knot allow it to bypass quagsire and rhydon as they switch in.

80/90/125/150/100/100

Magnet pull is a great utility for offense, and Magneton pulls off the role incredibly well. With base 150 attack, it utterly obliterates a ton of common walls and more than pulls its weight when the opponent isn't carrying steel types. Its great 80/125/100 bulk and unique typing allow it to check tons of things for offense despite its common weaknesses, so this is a very useful mon for offense.

Mesprit: 110/135/135/135/135/110

UTILITY. Its got great bulk, respectable attacking stats, but most notably, an extremely deep support movepool with gems such as healing wish, stealth rock, taunt, screens, and much more. Another wonderful glue for HO teams.

105/155/105/60/105/115

Another great wallbreaker with disgusting power. Nothing commonly run on stall walls this easily, close combat destroying many of the major walls. Banded sets are by far the best and are extremely hard for all playstyles to handle, as a result this is a premiere wallbreaker on offense.

100/140/110/85/110/135

What will be one of the most efficient setup sweepers in the meta. Its good 100/110/110 bulk becomes extreme when eviolite is equipped, and its access to reliable recovery and swords dance will make it a great setup mon for offense. Its base 135 speed outpaces the majority of the metagame, and technician boosted +2 aerial aces will destroy a good portion of the metagame. These make it a great offensive cleaner.

108/100/91/80/91/130

Packing respectable 108/91/91 bulk which allows it to belly drum easily, this is a terrifying sweeper, especially for offense, due to its base 100 attack, belly drum, and extreme speed. It has seed bomb for quagsire and rhydon and shadow claw for ghosts which is really all it needs. Needs to be tested, but I have a feeling this thing will be pretty terrifying.
Just putting this out there, but Linoone actually has a bit of trouble muscling past Quagsire, even with Seed Bomb.

252+ Atk Linoone Seed Bomb vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Unaware Quagsire: 212-252 (46.6 - 55.5%) -- 13.3% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Which, really, just goes to show how insanely bulky Quagsire is going to be in this meta.

Would Adamant Giga Impact Slaking be considered viable in this meta?

EDIT: Just did some calcs. Using Giga Impact with a Choice Band, this thing has a 1/4 chance to OHKO max physical defence Quagsire with just 1 layer of Spikes, and OHKO impish max HP Primal Groudon with Rocks and 1 layer of spikes. After rocks, it OHKOs max physical defence Lugia. Damn. It also outspeeds max speed Serperior with a neutral nature and max speed EVs.

Last edited:
Just putting this out there, but Linoone actually has a bit of trouble muscling past Quagsire, even with Seed Bomb.

252+ Atk Linoone Seed Bomb vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Unaware Quagsire: 212-252 (46.6 - 55.5%) -- 13.3% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Which, really, just goes to show how insanely bulky Quagsire is going to be in this meta.

Well, Quagsire is perfect set-up fodder for Linoone (as long as it avoids the scald burn). And even though I'm too lazy to run the calcs, I'm pretty sure that a max attack seed bomb will kill Quagsire.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)