Extremely large damage ranges vs. Wobbufett

Twice now I've been fighting a wobbufett in ubers when a move I used twice in a row did approximately 20~30% lower the second time I used it. No, I'm not delusional - there was no burn, reflect wearing off, etc. For example one time I had my kingdra in. I used waterfall and it did like 55% and the wobbufett used encore. The next turn it did 27%, and absolutely nothing had changed.

Possibly a bug?

No, since it was ubers, the only rain that's ever going to be falling is the eternal kyogre's drizzle. There was no change in the weather.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Twice now I've been fighting a wobbufett in ubers when a move I used twice in a row did approximately 20~30% lower the second time I used it. No, I'm not delusional - there was no burn, reflect wearing off, etc. For example one time I had my kingdra in. I used waterfall and it did like 55% and the wobbufett used encore. The next turn it did 27%, and absolutely nothing had changed.

Possibly a bug?
This is a well known bug. When Wobbuffet Encores, all boosts/debuffs (at least from weather and items) disappear on the next turn the move is used.

It wasn't a critical, but yes, the wobbufett used encore. Probably the rain boost went away, severly de-powering waterfall.

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
This is a well known bug. When Wobbuffet Encores, all boosts/debuffs (at least from weather and items) disappear on the next turn the move is used.
So Life Orb and Rain is dispelled from Waterfall, making the damage ~50% of original (51.282...%, actually), which is probably why your damage was reduced by such a drastic amount.

ya this encore glitch has been around for ever. i already made a thread in the past about this asking why wobbofet wasnt banned because of this, but meh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)