Face Palm Battle Moments?

I feel like an idiot, but I used Shadow Claw on a Tauros. Twice.

To my credit, one of them was a switch in.

Me: Quagsire and Staraptor

vs

Dude: Dialga and Golduck

In 2-vs-2 on Battle Revolution, Quag and Muku EQ/CC his Dialga in a 2HKO, Golduck uses Waterfall which Quag eats. *dude disconnects*

Bull of Heaven

I took my uber team to NetBattle. Someone sent in a Ditto against my Kyogre. I didn't know that it could copy my Calm Minds, so I grabbed a sixth one. Next turn, Ditto Roared Kyogre away (yes, my Kyogre knows Roar) and began to sweep my team. With no other pokemon left, I sent in my Donphan. Ditto switched out. My Donphan almost made a comeback.

I've also used Shadow Ball on a Blissey, a Snorlax and a Slaking.

He also complained that Substitute should be an illegal move. <_<
I get that sometimes on NetBattle. I once drove someone insane by stalling him/her with a Jumpluff:

Hikozaru Blaze: OMG
Hikozaru Blaze: STUPID SUSITUTE
Hikozaru Blaze: OMG
Hikozaru Blaze: WHAT IS THE CHEAPEST MOVE

I don't even know why he/she talked. I had been speaking French for the entire battle, and had convinced HB that I "DON'T KNOW ENGLSIH". This failed to shut him/her up.

Person asking to ban Substitute sounds about as funny as folks asking to ban switches. Meanwhile telling you that EV training should be banned too, while informing you that leveling up with Rare Candies is a fool's errand and auto-level battles on WiFi is for wussies.

Once in PBR, in the final set of the Masters Battle, I was down to my weakened Lucario and Garchomp vs a weakened Slowking, with Trick Room active. Trying to aim for as much power as possible, I used Earthquake, but Lucario was the only one to go down. Slowking then finished off Garchomp with Ice Beam to win. I then realized I could have most likely won if I had ganged up on Slowking with Shadow Ball and Dragon Claw. I HATE that Trick Room trainer...but for my Heracross, she's a pushover. I owned her today, and continued on to beat Mysterial.

One time on Shoddy I switched my Forry into a Electivire and the next turn my opponent used Giga Impact on it. Did a whopping 15% too >_>.

Edit: One time I made a Swampert on Shoddy, I meant to click Hydro Pump and I hit Hyper Beam >_>. Didn't notice till I got in battle too.

I've used shadow ball, fully knowing that blissey is going to come in anyway. I don't know why I never predicted that, I seemed to ignore it. I've also created teams that have 3 pokes weak to 1 type and not realizing until I lost to that type.

I've used shadow ball, fully knowing that blissey is going to come in anyway. I don't know why I never predicted that, I seemed to ignore it. I've also created teams that have 3 pokes weak to 1 type and not realizing until I lost to that type.
you have a poison type weakness :D

Honestly this is not a joke, back before I go into competitive pokemon, I thought gyro ball on electrode was a great idea.

In one of my first battles (stop me if you remember reading about this), my opponent's paralyzed Lucario was in against my last Pokemon, Blissey. Bliss was in Close Combat OHKO range, but I had no choice but to Toss it. He SWORDS DANCED. >< After my next Toss, Lucario's paralysis kicks in, I KO with Toss, and proceed to finish sweeping my opponent.

(I still can't figure out why he didn't CC. I don't see why you WOULDN'T have CC on Lucario; Reversal sets aren't that good...)

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Switching to Blissey to counter my first PoryZ was kinda dumb on my part. I have loads more, I'll add em as I find em.

Reversal sets are NOT "not that good", they kick ass. A lot of ass.

I have a bad habit of automatically assuming every Salamence is a SpecsMence. Nothing sucks worse than switching Blissey into a Salamence just to have her get Earthquaked or Dragon Clawed. I always feel like a total douche when I do that.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I often (especially after making a new team on shoddy) forget some information about them (or think I have info I don't).

Example:

Garchomp used Stone Edge!
Honchkrow held on with focus sash!
Honchkrow used Hidden Power!
It's super effective! (60%)

WTF 60 % only!? Oh wait, I accidentally put in HP dragon instead of ice . . . T-T

*chomp eats crow*

I withrew one of my Charizard from the PC, attached Choice Specs to it. During the battle I sent him out, used swords dance... not even remembering I slapped Specs on him earlier... So he was stuck Swords Dancing with choice specs ftl...

This happened today. I had an injured medicham out vs a Dusknoir, and I was sure he'd switch (i don't remember exactly why), so I HJKed. He didn't switch, but at least WoW missed. After that, I was sure my opponent was expecting a Psycho Cut (he knew i wasn't choiced) and switch to his Weavile, so i HJKed again. He didn't switch again, so I ended up using a fighting move against a ghost twice in a row, and got my Medicham burned in the process. Pure genius on my part.

But like two battles later, this guy's blissey used counter on my Azelf twice in a row while it plotted, so i was able to kill it without being paralyzed. That made me forget about my earlier stupidity; there's always someone dumber!

Same as you kinda but I had a Nasty Plot Infernape, I Nasty Plotted on the Protect, Flamethrowered the Sub, Nasty Plotted on the Protect and then kept getting OHKOs to whatever it BP'd to.

Some dude switched out their Frosslass from my Gyarados letting my Gyarados DD and sweep their team, at the end I asked him why didnt he used Thunder bolt and he was like "Omg..."

I also flamethrowerd a Heatran before cuz I totaly forgot it had Flash Fire, cuz I havnt seen one in ages.

Used Will-O-Wisp on an infernape, he NP'd and proceded to kill my weezing and machamp.

An enemy facepalm moment was when I was facing a hail team, they sent out abomasnow as a lead against my scarfed machamp, this was back when hail teams were wildly popular so I EQ'd knowing he'd switch to froslass for fighting immunity expecting a fighting move. Killed her, he switched aboma back in, I switched blissey in then switched machamp in to change moves. Bam Bam Bam Bam Bam, 5 one hit KOs with dynamicpunch thus exposing the folly of hail teams. Infernape does the same thing to them but even better because he dosn't need a scarf.

To be honest, scarfed dynamicpunch Machamp has led to dozens of facepalm moments, people bouncing around pokes after seeing a physical wall take 50% damage, people leaving Tyranitar leads on Machamp, ect, ect.

Used Will-O-Wisp on an infernape, he NP'd and proceded to kill my weezing and machamp.

An enemy facepalm moment was when I was facing a hail team, they sent out abomasnow as a lead against my scarfed machamp, this was back when hail teams were wildly popular so I EQ'd knowing he'd switch to froslass for fighting immunity expecting a fighting move. Killed her, he switched aboma back in, I switched blissey in then switched machamp in to change moves. Bam Bam Bam Bam Bam, 5 one hit KOs with dynamicpunch thus exposing the folly of hail teams. Infernape does the same thing to them but even better because he dosn't need a scarf.

To be honest, scarfed dynamicpunch Machamp has led to dozens of facepalm moments, people bouncing around pokes after seeing a physical wall take 50% damage, people leaving Tyranitar leads on Machamp, ect, ect.
Scarfchamp is beyond awesome. It's funny too, they switch in Fortress, and that confusion isn't exactly appealing. Switch in Skarmory hoping to save Fortress for later, and Skarmory takes it up the ass with confusion too. Although I did loss my match that time, it knocked off wonders of Hp on walls :D

Today, I was battling someone and I had Heracross out against his Dusknoir. I proceeded to... Megahorn, because I'm stupid and always think Bug is SE against Ghost. My opponent, instead of doing something useful, proceeded to Will-o-Wisp. Of course, he missed WoW twice in a row as I 3HKOed him with Megahorn so I didn't get the Guts boost...

I accidentally hit Rest on my Suicune when it was at full HP during the GS tournament. Other guy said that that was the critical point - he was able to get a SD on his Garchomp, and that Garchomp's Dragon Claw took out my Latios/Latias in one hit.

I didn't have a Grass move on my team anywhere, and I predicably lost to the 36th Battle Tower room to a team consisting of Quagsire, Swampert, and Gastrodon. Metagross couldn't do jack, and Latios couldn't take repeated Ice Beams. I then proceeded to try to find aznpride's HP Grass Latios. Now I realize that Energy Ball is a much better move for Latios.

Using Stealth Rock 3 times in a row with Bronzong because Shoddy's retarded lightning fast text speed made me think it glitched so I thought I had to choose the move again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)