Facial Hair

All I can say is I NEVARH mangroom. The only time I would shave my facial hair (too lazy to shave like others - only reason I got it and no one to kiss so it doesn't matter :P) is if I wanted a specific "facial hairstyle". Which I don't consider mangrooming, man grooming is "making formations out of ones hair". If you make a very specific shave, say all the cheeks except the mouth area, that wouldn't be mangrooming.

The above post is exactly what I started using when I started getting facial hair. An electric trimmer is best (and some balm/soothing lotion wtfever) because you won't be cutting your face up at a young age just for what are basically peach fuzz whiskers. I didn't even start getting a "black hair" mustache until 17+ it barely started in. So sometimes you don't need to use a razor, a razor works best for the 5 o clock shadow or really dense hair after a quick trim either with a an electric shaver or hair clippers.

Some good basic tips for shaving: Get your face wet first, it softens it up, you can also use soap and it will make it really easy to shave. I usually just shaved after a shower, so it was already wet and washed. :P Hate the steamy mirror though, can only have the door open when home alone. So I don't shave often until it is really really irritated/itchy/annoying. After shaving just use some of the aftershave, whatever you prefer. Sometimes, depending on what razor you use, it can leave a gross slimy texture (mach 3 or anything with a strip on the razor) so I usually washed that off then used aftershave.

Now you see why I don't shave. Its annoying, takes time, and after a shave there is always a trial period of getting use to the breezy wind on your bare face, agh unprotected! Also liquids don't just flow over that beard anymore, right off your chin! Annoying. Anyway, really indepth to this topic (I blame the chocolate stout and the bong. :P)

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
i need a bit of stubble otherwise i have a baby face
but i shave my upper lip, ugh i hate moustaches
and my neck

I have a D'Artagnan-esque moustache and beard. According to Expert Evan's link, I am wearing some king of an hybrid between a painter's brush and a pyramidal moustache, plus an anchor beard.

I rock an Indiana Jones "I've been in caves/jungles/tombs too long to shave" look

Yes something like that (not indiana jones but the latter part) I don't trim or shape it I just let it grow. I have done it a few times in the past but its annoying trying to keep it even.

Currently clean shaven for a variety of reasons, partially because until recently i had a hard time getting it to grow in nicely beside my mouth on either side, partially because its kind of frowned upon at work, and partially because I have so much medicative crap going on my skin every day that having any sort of beard makes it really frustrating to apply.

In spite of the above I'll probably try and see what I can do for getting a "circle beard" going next fall when I have some time between work and the fall semester starting back up, I've always wanted one but never really had a good opportunity to actually try and grow it.

As an aside that World Beard and Moustache Championships link was fantastic, I can safely say I will never aspire to wear a beard quite like those but it's amusing to see for sure!

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Good thing I don't have any policy regarding facial hair at work as 3 of my other co-workers also have a circle beard goatee like mine and few others have a moustache at least. Only 3 other male co-workers are cleanshaven.

Its weird when I have a beard I don't seem to notice as many facial skin problems IE: akne. Its practically not there at all, basically just blackheads.

And of course there shouldn't be policy to facial hair, its someones hair what are you going to do about it shave them or send them home? I would quit.

Also "Ahmadinejad" is correct. Haha :P

I rock an Indiana Jones "I've been in caves/jungles/tombs too long to shave" look
That's what I'm currently sporting, though I'd call it more of a "I woke up 15 minutes before class and it takes me 15 minutes to get to school so I couldn't shave and was too lazy to do it when I got back home" look.

Right now, I'm sporting my full beard, which is new for me because I usually shave it or get it cut at the barber. But lately I've been to lazy to care. I'm trying to see how long it will grow out until my mom tells me to cut it. I've also noticed, the longer I grow my beard out, my hair seems to change from black to a light brown color. Has that ever happen to anyone?

Right now, I'm sporting my full beard, which is new for me because I usually shave it or get it cut at the barber. But lately I've been to lazy to care. I'm trying to see how long it will grow out until my mom tells me to cut it. I've also noticed, the longer I grow my beard out, my hair seems to change from black to a light brown color. Has that ever happen to anyone?
Dude when I have a really bushy full beard (like now) I get these weird white hairs. Its like Wtf. Its white.

Its weird but I guess they're just new hairs? Who knows. Its the medications in our water. Uhmm...I don't know but personally I have grown my full face beard out to 5 inches before. Fun fuzzy mess. What bothered me was the chin though, it got really irritated and annoying it seemed like there was this ONE WHITE HAIR that was really irritated (obviously because I kept trying to RIP IT OUT GRRR). Haha I don't know I also notice weird white things (guessing whiteheads?) along some hairs. Ehn. Nothing soap + warm water + face won't cure. :P All in all, I don't think I could ever get it ZZtop long it anything without some kind of grooming or treatment to make it feel good and not itchy and irritating. :P

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
And of course there shouldn't be policy to facial hair, its someones hair what are you going to do about it shave them or send them home? I would quit.
Then you'd never have a job. It's called "business etiquette." A haggard beard makes you look like a bum, and other people will trust what you say a whole lot less.

Where do you live? Do you get a lot of sun? Sunlight naturally lightens all hair color.

Dude when I have a really bushy full beard (like now) I get these weird white hairs. Its like Wtf. Its white.
White seems pretty cool. What color is your natural hair?

DM said:
Where do you live? Do you get a lot of sun? Sunlight naturally lightens all hair color.
I live in Florida right now, so I guess you can say we get sunlight quite often. But it's weird, because only the bottom of my beard seems to be changing colors. I don't have a problem with it, I actually think it's kind of cool.

That happens to my friend. I didn't quite read the exact color change in yours but his facial hair is black and after a bit of growth begins to turn orange.

For me, I just keep myself clean-shaven when I can. Usually I'm too lazy so I've got a bit of stubble going. Thankfully, my facial hair grows pretty slowly.

My hair is dark/brown (some say dark, some don't).

Its starting to get itchy/irritated. I always pull on it (thinking there are nots) but there aren't. :/

And yes DM I understand what you mean, all I can do is start at the beard on the guy in your avatar. :/

I do a lot of different things with my facial hair. Usually I let it grow until it gets a certain length, like half a centimeter or so, and then shave it. But i get very odd growth, like my chin is great, my mustache area is alright, but I just cant get anything to connect really. So it is quite annoying. As far as what I would want goes, I think just a stubbly scruff is good but it will never work for me, I'll always have to shave it. One of the downsides of going into business after school.

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
In the same office room I work with, all 3 of us have circle beard goatees so that's no problem with me. The one guy that is clean-shaven in the next room must feel left out being surrounded by all of us with facial hair.

I'm 19 and I still can't grow facial hair for shit. I wasn't even a late bloomer; body hair just doesn't run in my family. My dad is practically hairless from head to toe, and I doubt my little brother will get chest hair before he's 30.

However, if I could grow facial hair, I'd do one of those deals where I have a thick mustache that connects with thick sideburns, and no hair on my neck or chin. Then I would tell people I am a steamboat captain on the Mississippi river, because that's what I think of when I picture that kind of facial hair style.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)