SM OU Faded

Made by Team PokePals

some music to listen to

Hey guys zCheshrye here bringing my 3rd rmt built around sub punch buzzwole

Team building process:
Decided to build around sub buzzwole
(mega) Decided I needed something for fairy types since buzzwole is weak to them
Next I decided I needed a stealth rocker and something defensive to eat up hits
Then i need a defogger since we aren't that weak to rocks but when spikes and rocks are up its annoying
needed to have some to use scarf for and handle dark/fighting types
needed to add something than can take on things like lando-t and alola wak ground and fire types and pyschic types

The team in depth:

Buzzwole @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 204 HP / 192 Atk / 12 SpD / 100 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Leech Life
- Poison Jab/ Ice punch

The main mon in the team. Substitute lets it be able to eat up hits be immune to status once its up and provide buzzwole with time to set up focus punch for 2 turns and do some damage in return. Focus punch pairs with sub well and is main stab which packs a punch if it hits. Leech life to gain some more Hp after u set up sub and is a secondary stab also not relying on sub and lets hit psychic types such as latios slowbro/mega slowbro and tapu lele which who take focus punch well. Poison Jab lets it fairy types like tapu fini tapu lele tapu koko tapu bulu clefable hard. Also ice punch lets you hit stuff like landorus and zygarde and ground and dragons types. the 204 hp spread lets set up 101 subs so that prevents chansey seismec toss from breaking your sub and lets buzzwole make 5 subs. The 12 spdef prevent ur sub to be broken by toxa's scald with one scald. the 100 speed lets u outspeed everything up to lando with no speed investment. The rest of the evs were for attack to maximise with adament to pack a punch and deal some hard damage.

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm
- Ice Punch/ Thunder punch

Now to the mega. I chose mega metagross because I needed something to handle fairys well. I ran meteor mash since its mega gross's strongest stab move letting hit fairy types like tapu lele and tapu koko and tapu bulu and clefable. Zen is mega gross's second strongest stab letting it hit stuff like keldeo ~~buzzwole~~ toxapex and venusaur and rotom w. Hammer arm is to hit stuff like heatran kartana and ferrothorn. Earthquake is used for heatran alola marowak magnezone jirachi. Ice punch is used for ground types like landorus garchomp and gliscor and latios. Thunder punch is used to hit stuff like skarmory tapu fini celesteela and slowbro. 252 speed is to just maximize the speed so it can speed with latios terrakion keldeo and kartana. 252 attack is just used to maximize attack so it can hit hard. and the evs are put into defense.

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 24 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

Now to landorus. I chose landorus because I needed a stealth rocker and something to eat up hits. I ran earthquake since it is lando's main stab. Stealth rocks to set up hazards in the field to deal chip damage once a mon that comes in. Hidden power ice to deal damage to lando once rocks are up to slower lando sets and to garchomp and zygarde which do decent damage. U-turn to grab some slow momentum. The 24 spdef lets it live a life orb boosted draco from latios. the 16 speed lets it outspeed kolly azu and adamant ttar and magnezone. The hp is max to be able to eat up hits and the rest is put on defense to make it to come into zard x and lando.

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock/ psychic
- Recover
- Defog

Now onto to latios. I chose latios because I needed a defogger and hazards can be annoying. I ran draco because it is latios main stab being able to deal damage with life orb. I ran psyshock as sencondary stab and being able to stuff like chansey and assualt vest torn-t. Then I ran recover to gain back some hp after taking damage from life orb and hits. Also you can run psychic over psyshock to deal with stuff like mega venu and tapu koko. Then i ran defog just to clear away those hazards on the field. 252 sp.atk to maximize it powerful moves. 252 speed to be fast and the 4 evs are put into def.

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Now onto to Tapu lele. I chose tapu lele since the team can't handle stuff like mosa and dark types and needed speed. I ran moonblast because its the main stab and is able to stuff like pheromosa and zard x ash greninja zygarde garchomp etc... I ran psyshock to be able to hit stuff like chansey and av users. Also you can run psychic over it to hit mega venu and poison/fighting types. Also focus blast is used to hit ttar hard and steel types like heatran which get blown if it hits. Then hp fire is used to hit stuff like kartana ferrothorn and scizor killing them in 1 hit. The 252 sp.atk is used to maximize the attack making hit stuff hard. also the speed letting be fast with and the 4 evs put into hp.

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- U-turn

Then to the last mon ash greninja. I ran ash gren to be able to hit hard with specs. I ran hydro pump since it is its main stab and being able to hit hard once it get a kills and specs boosted and it can hit stuff like heatran and alola wak zard y zard x etc....... Then dark pulse its it second stab being able to hit latios hard with and other psychic types. Also water shuriken lets hit mons with its stab prioty being able to hit lando and tran and zard y. and u turn helps do some damage on bulu and being able to pivot out into a mon and being able to maintain momentum. The 252 sp.atk lets it maximize its sp.atk and hit like a truck. 252 speed to be fast and reach 399 speed once in ash form. And the rest of the evs in hp

Heres an import of the team: http://pastebin.com/10EA633S

Hope you guys enjoy this and zCheshrye signing off.

Last edited:

Anish

luckynbad
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hi zCheshrye ,

cool team, but it does seem slightly weak to pokemon like ash greninja , tapu koko and volcarona, since it gets outsped by a volcarona at +1 which does about 80 to latios, while koko and greninja have immense pressure , especially if you cannot activate battle bond with greninja. it also struggles in breaking down stall builds, as toxapex and skarmory check buzzwole, and stall have reliable answers to every pokemon here. the due to this i have a couple of suggestions , which would hopefully improve the team .

>
first off, i would recommend running scarfchomp>latios. scarfchomp provides some speed control, still revenge kills pokemon like zard y , but also provides some speed control, and allows u to check the likes of non hp ice rona and bloom doom heatran. this does mean you miss out on defog, but the team is fairly offensive. this also helps with pokemon like eq pins, which can notably survive any non terrain boosted hit from meta. i would recommend dual chop on this kind of a build, due to its ability to break sash mosas sash, however if you feel it the lower accuracy and the fact that you could get two low roles isn't to your liking , you could revert to dragon claw. this change does make you lose your defogger, but i believe the team is fairly offensive and wouldn't really need defog.

>
secondly, i would recommend you run a av tangrowth over tapu lele. av tangrowth helps this team with the aforementioned koko and ash greninja weakness, while also providing a ground resist, which lessens the burden on lando, as buzzwole can be occasionally worn down/struggles to break some grounds without ice punch. this does mean that pheromosa can come on one more Pokémon, and the combination of my two changes also have made other Pokémon like mega venusaur much harder to break past,

i would recommend running a offensive continental crush stealth rocks lando set on this team. off lando helps with the stallmatchup, which is a large concern, as well as punishing most defoggers, allowing you to maintain stealth rocks against a lot of teams. this change does make you lose lando t, a blanket check to many physical attackers , but av tang still keeps a ground resist while scarfchomp helps with mence + zard x. dual dance lando also does get more annoying, but u still have super effective prio + a mon which takes continental crush unboosted in av tangrowth.

lastly, i believe you could try bp > ice punch on mega metagross. while losing ice punch does make grounds more annoying, off lando , the most annoying ground for the team, still gets chunked by stab moves , and has to scout for ice punch. secondary prio can help this team because pheromosa can get annoying, as you need ash gren to get b bond and him not being qd to beat it before adding it.

these changes really make mega venusaur more annoying, but zen meta can help with it, as well as lando's capability to pressure it. you can also 2hko after ash greninja transforms , if you can get it to, or just pressure it to synthesis.

Buzzwole @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Leech Life
- Poison Jab

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm
- Bullet Punch

Landorus-Therian @ Rockium Z
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- U-turn

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Dual Chop / Dragon Claw
- Outrage
- Rock Slide

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Knock Off
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earthquake

hope I helped n_n. feel free to hit me up over here , and ps if you have any questions

Hi zCheshrye ,

cool team, but it does seem slightly weak to pokemon like ash greninja , tapu koko and volcarona, since it gets outsped by a volcarona at +1 which does about 80 to latios, while koko and greninja have immense pressure , especially if you cannot activate battle bond with greninja. it also struggles in breaking down stall builds, as toxapex and skarmory check buzzwole, and stall have reliable answers to every pokemon here. the due to this i have a couple of suggestions , which would hopefully improve the team .

>
first off, i would recommend running scarfchomp>latios. scarfchomp provides some speed control, still revenge kills pokemon like zard y , but also provides some speed control, and allows u to check the likes of non hp ice rona and bloom doom heatran. this does mean you miss out on defog, but the team is fairly offensive. this also helps with pokemon like eq pins, which can notably survive any non terrain boosted hit from meta. i would recommend dual chop on this kind of a build, due to its ability to break sash mosas sash, however if you feel it the lower accuracy and the fact that you could get two low roles isn't to your liking , you could revert to dragon claw. this change does make you lose your defogger, but i believe the team is fairly offensive and wouldn't really need defog.

>
secondly, i would recommend you run a av tangrowth over tapu lele. av tangrowth helps this team with the aforementioned koko and ash greninja weakness, while also providing a ground resist, which lessens the burden on lando, as buzzwole can be occasionally worn down/struggles to break some grounds without ice punch. this does mean that pheromosa can come on one more Pokémon, and the combination of my two changes also have made other Pokémon like mega venusaur much harder to break past,

i would recommend running a offensive continental crush stealth rocks lando set on this team. off lando helps with the stallmatchup, which is a large concern, as well as punishing most defoggers, allowing you to maintain stealth rocks against a lot of teams. this change does make you lose lando t, a blanket check to many physical attackers , but av tang still keeps a ground resist while scarfchomp helps with mence + zard x. dual dance lando also does get more annoying, but u still have super effective prio + a mon which takes continental crush unboosted in av tangrowth.

lastly, i believe you could try bp > ice punch on mega metagross. while losing ice punch does make grounds more annoying, off lando , the most annoying ground for the team, still gets chunked by stab moves , and has to scout for ice punch. secondary prio can help this team because pheromosa can get annoying, as you need ash gren to get b bond and him not being qd to beat it before adding it.

these changes really make mega venusaur more annoying, but zen meta can help with it, as well as lando's capability to pressure it. you can also 2hko after ash greninja transforms , if you can get it to, or just pressure it to synthesis.

Buzzwole @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Leech Life
- Poison Jab

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm
- Bullet Punch

Landorus-Therian @ Rockium Z
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- U-turn

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Dual Chop / Dragon Claw
- Outrage
- Rock Slide

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Knock Off
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earthquake

hope I helped n_n. feel free to hit me up over here , and ps if you have any questions
thanks for feedback i will do the changes once i get on ps tommorow :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)