ORAS OU Fairy Dragon Steel Core RMT

Hi all! I am fairly new to competitive pokemon battling and wanted to put my team up here to get feedback. Because I am so green any and all changes/comments/critiques would be much obliged. Anyways here is the team.

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 32 Atk / 224 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Protect
- Earth Power
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast

The first pokemon of my offensive core. I run protect to get a free turn for mega evolution. This is necessary so I can cover for normal Diancie's awful speed. Moon blast and Diamond Storm are the best STABs Diancie has, meaning she must go mixed unfortunately. The 32 Atk evs are for a OHK on physically defensive Zapdos after rocks, per Smogon Dex. The rest go into SpA and Spe to allow her to hit as hard and fast as possible. I choose a plus speed nature because of a special attack booster I will reveal later.

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 56 HP / 216 SpA / 236 Spe
Mild Nature
- Substitute
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

The second pokemon of my offensive core. I chose the basic substitute attacker from the Smogon Dex because its wall/stall breaking capabilities are much appreciated by M-Diancie. Additionally, Kyurem-B forces a lot of switches allowing for free substitutes. And let me tell you once Kyurem-B has a sub set up everything must take at least one hard hit before forcing a switch.

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

The final pokemon of my offensive core. Since Scizor's bullet punch is such a threat to both M-Diancie and Kyurem-B, I felt that Magnezone's ability to trap him and kill him with a HP fire. Also, Magnezone can threaten M-Gradevoir, a major threat to Kyurem-B. Finally, VoltSwitch is a very nice momentum grabber to keep my offensive team on pace.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 148 SpD / 108 Spe
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Giga Drain
- Baton Pass
- Nasty Plot

Celebi is awesome on this team because it is both a win condition and a check to a big threat. First, the win condition. If it is able to get a Nasty Plot to any member of my F-D-S core it could be gg for my opponent. Secondly, it acts as a check to scarfed keldeo a big threat to my core. The evs are taken from the "Set Details" from the Smogon Dex. This is chosen over the standard defensive set to better check scarfed keldeo, especially if it is lacking HP bug (and who runs that).

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 240 HP / 176 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

TankChomp is a beast plain and simple. Earthquake still hits hard and he can reliably set up rocks to get my core some much needed KOs. Additionally, he checks talon flame pretty consistently, which is important due to the pressure his priority puts on my core. Despite running Fire Blast, I chose to run an Impish Nature to preserve little bit of Special bulk Chomp brings to the table.

Staraptor @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Double-Edge
- Close Combat
- U-turn

Staraptor is my revenge killer and the physical threat of my team. I chose Scarf over Band because in my opinion a Banded pokemon should have priority. However, I felt that Adamant over Jolly didn't miss out speeding any major threats, so I chose to hit hard as possible. Brave bird and Double-Edge give great double STABs and both get reckless boosts. Close Combat is for steel and rock types. U-Turn is to keep up momentum and adds a slight bit of VoltTurn with Magnezone.

Threats:
If I don't trap Scizor I struggle to stop him before he sweeps my team.
If Magnezone is taken out M-Gradevoir is a huge threat to my team.
Offensive Varieties of Heartan are almost unchecked by my team.

Thanks, in advance, for the rates.

P.S. sorry about the image sizes

Nice mega diancie team. I like how you have a mag to clear steel types out for kyurem-black and dianice to put in work thats some epic strats u got. I will try to make my changes help with balance.

Ok first thing I suggest is too run keldeo over staraptor. Keldeo helps you check dark types like weavile which otherwise does alot of damage to your team. Keldeo is also a water type so it helps versus fire types too like heatrans. Keldeo can still be a revenge killer like staraptor as you can run the scarf set. Plus running a Speical attacker lets ur celebi pass +Spa to it.

Another thing i suggest you do is run landorus-therian over garchomp. Since i removed your flying type i really think changing landorus will help versus earthquake spammers like opposing landorus/garchomp/excadrill. Landorus can also deal with charizard x better too as it wont take super effective dragon claws like garchomp.

Another thing you can consider is running calm mind over nasty plot on celebi. This will help you boost your spd make it easier too boost pass to dianice/kyurem as you will take hits better. Since you run calm mind on celebi u will take hits better on diancie so you can consider running rock polish over protect on diancie-mega. After calm mind boost it be easier to set up rock polish allowing you to outspeed mons like swift swim users and sand rush excadrill so revenge killing your diancie-mega is harder.
Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

Changes In Short:
<
helps versus dark types like weavile while still being a revenge killer
<
helps versus earthquake spammers.
Calm Mind>Nasty Plot allows you to take hits better and makes passing boost safer as you take hits better
Rock Polish>Protect allows you to be harder to revenge kill

Last edited:
Really appreciate the rate and love the change. I have been playing with them this morning and they really have improved the team. A Calm pass can got to any of Kyurem-B Diancie Keldeo or Magnezone and be deadly. Also, Rock Polish Diancie, especially with a couple of calm minds is deadly.

Current Importable:

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 32 Atk / 224 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Rock Polish
- Earth Power
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
EVs: 56 HP / 216 SpA / 236 Spe
Mild Nature
- Substitute
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 148 SpD / 108 Spe
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Giga Drain
- Baton Pass
- Calm Mind

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey cool team. Oml its too ez gave you some good suggestions already so I'm just going to piggyback on the new squad.

I think one issue you might have is getting through Scizor if Magnezone is KO'd. Another thing is that Sub Kyurem isn't particularly great right now - it does help ease prediction, but it's a lot weaker than Life Orb variants, and your team needs all the help it can get vs Mega Venusaur. Clefable is also tough to break.

So yeah I would basically change this Kyurem-Black set to a Life Orb variant that has Hidden Power Fire or Iron Head depending on whether you wanna beat Scizor or Clefable more. You can also go with both but you would not have the option of Roost in that case. A speed boosting Nature is also nice in this metagame as Kyurem-Black is plenty powerful and has great coverage already. Mostly I just don't think you need Earth Power and changing the coverage move IMO is the key here.

It's cool too that running HP Fire on Kyu-B can lure Scizor better since they will not expect it along with Magnezone.

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Hidde Power Fire / Iron Head
- Roost

I have one last tip but this is not specific to your team. If you have Special Attackers that aren't mixed (Diancie and Kyurem-Black are mixed since they run physical attacks), you should run 0 Atk IVs. This reduces the damage from the move Foul Play and also if you happen to hit yourself in confusion if that ever comes about.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)