Fake-a-Rona, a fake out based team with Volcarona!!!

Hey everyone, this is my first rate my team and i was just wondering how i could improve this doubles team.
Thanks for any advice that comes my way!!!

First off is Hitmontop...
Hitmontop.png

SpinningTop (Hitmontop)
Nature: Impish
Ability: Intimidate
EV's: 252 Def, 252 HP, 4 SpDef
Item: ???????
Moveset:
Fake Out
Quick Guard
Helping Hand
Toxic

I chose Hitmontop because he is great at supporting my other normal lead pokemon, Volcarona. His fake out allows for Volcarona to set up a Quiver Dance, whilst intimidate lowers their attack so that Volcarona can take Special AND Physical attacks decently well. Helping hand supports Volcarona because it boosts his damage. Toxic is in as a filler (open to suggestions of a 4th move, used to use wide guard but didnt work so good).

Secondly is Volcarona...
volcarona.jpg

BuzzKill (Volcarona)
Nature: Modest
Ability: Flame Body
EV's: 252 SpAtk, 252 Spd, 4 HP
Item: Focus Sash
Moveset:
Quiver Dance
Bug Buzz
Heat Wave
Protect

With this movepool, and paired with Hitmontop, Volcarona is INSANELY good. He can set up a Quiver dance and practically sweep the opposing team due to a HUGE Special Attack and no fear of priority (quick guard hitmontop). Protect works nicely as he is usually double teamed on after turn 1. Bug Buzz is STAB and covers nicely along with STAB Heat Wave to destroy BOTH of my opponents pokemon.

Third on my team is...
Honchkrow.png

Al Crowpown (Honchkrow)
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Moxie
EV's: 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP
Item: Life Orb
Moveset:
Sucker Punch
Brave Bird
Substitute
Protect

Honchkrow, in my opinion, is absolutely incredible in doubles. Behind a sub, he cant be statused, so the only way to deal damage is to attack him. This leaves you SERIOUSLY weak to the most powerful unboosted sucker punch besides legends and megas. Brave Bird is great, it has hit Bug and Fighting types for super effective damage, which is important as they resist its other STAB, sucker punch. Moxie means if he stays in and gets a couple of kills, he is almost unstoppable.

Fourth Team Member is...
Sylveon.png

Nymph (Sylveon)
Nature: Calm
Ability: Cute Charm
EV's: 252 SpAtk, 252 HP, 4 SpDef
Item: Leftovers
Moveset:
Calm Mind
Moonblast
Wish
Protect

Sylveon is a nice support pokemon and works nicely in terms of supporting my team. Calm Mind and Moonblast go together really nicely. Moonblast is STAB and does brilliant damage to anything. Wish and Protect to gain health back or pass health onto other team members. Max HP Ev's so i can give team members more health with my wish.

Pokeon Number 5, my mega evolution is...
Medicham Mega.png

Ali Baba (Medicham-Mega)
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Pure Power
EV's: 252 Spd, 252 Atk
Item: Medichamite
Moveset:
Fake Out
Psycho Cut
High Jump Kick
Protect

Mega Medicham is SOOOO underrated it is ridiculous. At level 100 and accounting for pure power mine has 800 attack. That is higher than anything else that I know of. Fake out helps Volcarona/Honchkrow set up with QD/Sub. Psycho Cut and High Jump Kick are a great STAB combination that can both hit HARD. Protect because he is often targeted when my opponents realise how much damage his fake out does.

Finally I have...
Magnezone.png

Magnum P.I (Magnezone)
Nature: Modest
Ability: Magnet Pull
EV's: 252 SpAtk, 252 HP, 4 Def
Item: Air Balloon
Moveset:
Flash Cannon
Thunderbolt
Hidden Power Ice
Protect

For my final spot, I decided i needed a special attacker with high physical defense, and Magnezone fits that role perfectly. His special attack is awesome and he has a great STAB combo of Flash Cannon and Thunderbolt. HP Ice is great for coverage and protect is a must in doubles. The Air Balloon helps to switch into and cover his greatest weakness: Ground! Magnet Pull is also very useful for trapping steel types.

So yeah, that's my team. PLEASE RATE IT. I have tried it out and it works nicely for me but improvements are what I neeeeddd!!!!

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)